Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,643 members, 7,816,645 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:23 PM

Why Do Science Students Always Score Higher Than Art Students In UTME? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why Do Science Students Always Score Higher Than Art Students In UTME? (27404 Views)

Should I Report This Secondary School Students Always Making Love After School? / UNIBEN Computer Science Students Zombified In Their Final Year Costume (Photos) / Most Marketable Art Courses For Art Students In Nigerian Universities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Science Students Always Score Higher Than Art Students In UTME? by iceboy4752(m): 9:01pm On Mar 01, 2019
In 2018, about 1.8 million candidates sat for the UTME. Sequel to the release of the results, JAMB released the top ten highest scorers.

My observation was that all the top ten and even top 20 highest scorers were science students. It got me wondering why only science students top the chart yearly. You may think it's because art students are dull but there are also very serious and intelligent art students.

Does that mean out of the almost one million art candidates that sit yearly for UTME, it's impossible to find someone scoring at least 320? In fact, the highest score I've seen from an art student so far is 303. I've never seen or heard of someone claiming they have seen higher than that.

What could be the reason?

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Do Science Students Always Score Higher Than Art Students In UTME? by Elzak(m): 9:18pm On Mar 01, 2019
303 sef high na

17 Likes

Re: Why Do Science Students Always Score Higher Than Art Students In UTME? by Irenemmeso(f): 9:19pm On Mar 01, 2019
I don't know

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Science Students Always Score Higher Than Art Students In UTME? by Nobody: 10:35pm On Mar 01, 2019
iceboy4752:
out 1.8 million candidates sat for the UTME. Sequel to the release of the results, JAMB released the top ten highest scoreres.
My observation was that all the top ten and even top 20 highest scorers were science students. It got me wondering why only science students top the chart yearly. You may think it's because art students are dull but there are also very serious and intelligent art students. Does that mean out of the almost one million art candidates that sit yearly for UTME, it's impossible to find someone scoring at least 320? In fact, the highest score I've seen from an art student so far is 303. I've never seen or heard of someone claiming they have seen higher than that.
Subject combination and less knowledge about the subjects chosen are main factors responsible. If you watch closely you would discover that many the science students have high scores in science related subjects than English.

9 Likes

Re: Why Do Science Students Always Score Higher Than Art Students In UTME? by Nobody: 11:33pm On Mar 01, 2019
True.

Specially those having the option of physics, chemistry, English and biology.

My days I got 400

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Science Students Always Score Higher Than Art Students In UTME? by TheRealOwner(m): 1:08am On Mar 02, 2019
Highest Art score I've seen is 309

Highest commercial score 316

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Science Students Always Score Higher Than Art Students In UTME? by Quicksilver14: 2:21am On Mar 02, 2019
How do i score that high in UTME?
Re: Why Do Science Students Always Score Higher Than Art Students In UTME? by NoFace101: 3:09am On Mar 02, 2019
iceboy4752:
out 1.8 million candidates sat for the UTME. Sequel to the release of the results, JAMB released the top ten highest scoreres.
My observation was that all the top ten and even top 20 highest scorers were science students. It got me wondering why only science students top the chart yearly. You may think it's because art students are dull but there are also very serious and intelligent art students. Does that mean out of the almost one million art candidates that sit yearly for UTME, it's impossible to find someone scoring at least 320? In fact, the highest score I've seen from an art student so far is 303. I've never seen or heard of someone claiming they have seen higher than that.
.. also go and check lowest scores it will also be science students����

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Science Students Always Score Higher Than Art Students In UTME? by iceboy4752(m): 6:35am On Mar 02, 2019
asuustrike1:

Subject combination and less knowledge about the subjects chosen are main factors responsible. If you watch closely you would discover that many the science students have high scores in science related subjects than English.
Maybe art subjects are more difficult anyway.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Science Students Always Score Higher Than Art Students In UTME? by iceboy4752(m): 6:36am On Mar 02, 2019
TheRealOwner:
Highest Art score I've seen is 309

Highest commercial score 316
Which year was that sef?
Re: Why Do Science Students Always Score Higher Than Art Students In UTME? by jumper524(m): 6:57am On Mar 02, 2019
I dunno of art but for commercial, most accounting question are outside the curriculum.
in jamb for accounting you do cost accounting(fifo/LIFO) a course accounting students do in their 200l at the university.
they are off the curriculum

same thing goes with commerce.
although commerce isint that difficult but the truth is, their question are too technical with answers options that are always identical.
answering those questions requires some level of exposure which is beyond secondary school level.
3rdly. hope u know half of iamb mathematics is further maths and commercial students averagely are not exposed to such...

I noticed all this flaws during my 100l days when I tried NDA and had to start practicing jamb again...

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Science Students Always Score Higher Than Art Students In UTME? by Triangles1(m): 8:25am On Mar 02, 2019
How can you compare Jincheng bike with power bike, science subject need full devotion and concentration.

If you go to any clubs in the world, before you see two science student you will see 30 of art student because their course is more of entertainment.

Can art student go to planet?

22 Likes

Re: Why Do Science Students Always Score Higher Than Art Students In UTME? by oluwasegun007(m): 8:26am On Mar 02, 2019
Ori ya to sori...
Re: Why Do Science Students Always Score Higher Than Art Students In UTME? by Bacteriologist(m): 8:26am On Mar 02, 2019
I think it starts from the grassroots. When choosing what class to fall into, more intelligent students are pressured to go to Science class. While the not so bright are told to go to Art class.

At least that's what happened in my own set. And I witnessed it in several other sets too. So I think a random science class has more Average I.Q than the random art class.

This answer is an anecdote and has not been particularly researched though.

And on a lighter note, It's why Atheists are more averagely intelligent than theists.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Science Students Always Score Higher Than Art Students In UTME? by Jaynom(m): 8:26am On Mar 02, 2019
Mmmn! Most(not all) Arts students avoided the science class because they felt inadequate in the first place. So you have a collection of individuals who feel mentally inadequate, who have "condemned" themselves and have decided to "SETTLE" in a class that is not so "Tasking". It is first a MENTAL thing! wink . Most not all! wink

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Science Students Always Score Higher Than Art Students In UTME? by Zzyy(m): 8:27am On Mar 02, 2019
Mtcheew who cares
Re: Why Do Science Students Always Score Higher Than Art Students In UTME? by MrTrend(m): 8:27am On Mar 02, 2019
Highly more intelligent cool

6 Likes

Re: Why Do Science Students Always Score Higher Than Art Students In UTME? by slawomir: 8:27am On Mar 02, 2019
Okay
Re: Why Do Science Students Always Score Higher Than Art Students In UTME? by stanliwise(m): 8:27am On Mar 02, 2019
iceboy4752:
In 2018, about 1.8 million candidates sat for the UTME. Sequel to the release of the results, JAMB released the top ten highest scorers.

My observation was that all the top ten and even top 20 highest scorers were science students. It got me wondering why only science students top the chart yearly. You may think it's because art students are dull but there are also very serious and intelligent art students.

Does that mean out of the almost one million art candidates that sit yearly for UTME, it's impossible to find someone scoring at least 320? In fact, the highest score I've seen from an art student so far is 303. I've never seen or heard of someone claiming they have seen higher than that.
e
Many intelligent students in the class were usually placed in the science class because people wrongly thought only brilliant student survive in science class. Also many science student were more motivated and encouraged that other students.
The first is the major reason.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Science Students Always Score Higher Than Art Students In UTME? by Inspectorsuga22(m): 8:27am On Mar 02, 2019
Cos they are mostly blockheads.... grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Science Students Always Score Higher Than Art Students In UTME? by StarUp: 8:27am On Mar 02, 2019
grin
Re: Why Do Science Students Always Score Higher Than Art Students In UTME? by Emmanuel226(m): 8:27am On Mar 02, 2019
na we na #the famous science students
Re: Why Do Science Students Always Score Higher Than Art Students In UTME? by martineverest(m): 8:27am On Mar 02, 2019
Obaofusa:
True.

Specially those having the option of physics, chemistry, English and biology.

My days I got 400
in year 1960?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Science Students Always Score Higher Than Art Students In UTME? by MrAnele(m): 8:28am On Mar 02, 2019
Na them read pass

I build websites and I'm based in Abuja see below
https://www.nairaland.com/5055638/stay-abuja-need-website-business#76270777
Re: Why Do Science Students Always Score Higher Than Art Students In UTME? by Deltatoto: 8:28am On Mar 02, 2019
iceboy4752:

olamide explained to us na.in his song
Re: Why Do Science Students Always Score Higher Than Art Students In UTME? by MrTrend(m): 8:28am On Mar 02, 2019
More focus! shocked
Re: Why Do Science Students Always Score Higher Than Art Students In UTME? by Uyi168: 8:28am On Mar 02, 2019
asuustrike1:

and what stop the art students from scoring high in art related subjects..

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Science Students Always Score Higher Than Art Students In UTME? by martineverest(m): 8:28am On Mar 02, 2019
art students in Nigeria are riddled with low IQ

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Science Students Always Score Higher Than Art Students In UTME? by sinaj(f): 8:29am On Mar 02, 2019
Science subjects are interelated unlike art subjects.

Sometimes they bring out current affair questions for art students which is outside their syllable.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Science Students Always Score Higher Than Art Students In UTME? by Emmanuel226(m): 8:29am On Mar 02, 2019
science students on this thread like for #up science and art students on this thread share for #the most decorated class

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Do You Wear Your Bag (pics) / Shell/spdc Scholarship 2016/2017 / Nigerian Student Scores Zero In Screening & Admitted, Says It Is The Work Of God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.