Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,512 members, 7,826,941 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:55 PM

. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / . (1220 Views)

Nairalander I Really Need Your Help As Brother Concerning My Project / Man Graduates With A 1st Class In Engineering Despite Losing Parents While In Sc / Bida Polytechnic students unable to pay school fees after losing money to MMM (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by Giftedstan(m): 8:57am On Mar 02, 2019
Re: . by Giftedstan(m): 9:38am On Mar 02, 2019
Please stop viewing without comment.
You could save a soul ..
I seriously need a way out else ...??
Re: . by emperordachris(m): 12:30am On Mar 03, 2019
good that you re done crying and lamenting...what happened has happened.
Now focus on your veg biz......learn skills where necessary to improve....guy dey wey no go school and there re still making it. so why cant you?

1 Like

Re: . by code101: 8:29am On Mar 03, 2019
I was fortunate to sponsor my study in school, my parent paid for just my first year in school, I did not only graduated... I also had my master's degree last year. Now my advice, get very busy with any business you are doing that is fetching you some money now (mine was programing and web development, I was fortunate to have learnt this before gaining admission..., through this work, I have not only paid my fees to masters level, I have built a house, now married with kid... I am self-employed... I still work from home).

so continue your work, love it, since it's fetching you some money.

apply to study on part-time basis if possible (that is what I did)

even after graduating, still don't through that business that sustain you away.

there is so many thing I feel like sharing with you above all don't give up.

don't forget to tell your parents about your condition, although it would be easier, if you had gain admission back to school, and assure them you are going to foot the fees to. Don't also forget to be prayerful and have faith in God. All the best, no giving up!

2 Likes

Re: . by kolad59: 9:59am On Mar 03, 2019
code101:
I was fortunate to sponsor my study in school, my parent paid for just my first year in school, I did not only graduated... I also had my master's degree last year. Now my advice, get very busy with any business you are doing that is fetching you some money now (mine was programing and web development, I was fortunate to have learnt this before gaining admission..., through this work, I have not only paid my fees to masters level, I have built a house, now married with kid... I am self-employed... I still work from home).

don't forget to tell your parents about your condition, although it would be easier, if you had gain admission back to school, and assure them you are going to foot the fees to. Don't also forget to be prayerful and have faith in God. All the best, no giving up!
this really motivate me, I just done with my ND(elect elect) program last year, I'm processing DE this year, but want to use this year to learn Programming and Web development as cos I have interest in it... I just started learning it online on March 1st.. I don't have laptop just using my phone, I'm also intending to apply for the training with my IT letter but I haven't find one yet, I reside in Ibadan. Can you please guide me through or some piece of advice?
Re: . by code101: 11:10am On Mar 03, 2019
kolad59:
this really motivate me, I just done with my ND(elect elect) program last year, I'm processing DE this year, but want to use this year to learn Programming and Web development as cos I have interest in it... I just started learning it online on March 1st.. I don't have laptop just using my phone, I'm also intending to apply for the training with my IT letter but I haven't find one yet, I reside in Ibadan. Can you please guide me through or some piece of advice?

I will advice you to get a cheap laptop, some phones and wardrobe cloths/shoes etc are more expensive than a cheap laptop, you don't need a very powerful system to start, afterall you will be coding with HTML, CSS, JavaScript, PHP or Python all this are lightweight, you can use notepad++

as for training, I will advice you use online materials, PDF, web content etc.

You can google IT companies in Ibadan, or ask for any individual programmer residing in Ibadan, I am based in Ota, close to Lagos... I hope this advice help (note I am also more of a self-taught developer.) all the best, hope this help.
Re: . by kolad59: 12:11pm On Mar 03, 2019
code101:

I will advice you to get a cheap laptop, some phones and wardrobe cloths/shoes etc are more expensive than a cheap laptop, you don't need a very powerful system to start, afterall you will be coding with HTML, CSS, JavaScript, PHP or Python all this are lightweight, you can use notepad++

as for training, I will advice you use online materials, PDF, web content etc.

You can google IT companies in Ibadan, or ask for any individual programmer residing in Ibadan, I am based in Ota, close to Lagos... I hope this advice help (note I am also more of a self-taught developer.) all the best, hope this help.
Thanks very much, I have already downloaded 1000+ pages PDF, I make use of W3schools also... But the reason that I'm looking for a place to learn is to just be leaving home and to be able to focus well.
Re: . by Hahjascho(m): 12:36pm On Mar 03, 2019
Giftedstan:
To start with , any advice given be it constructive or insulting will be greatly appreciated as it will help me to move forward positively.
I really can't explain how I got (deteriorated) to this state .
I consider myself quite brilliant or a bit more ..
Before I gained admission into the University of benin 2010 , I taught in several waec and jamb lecture centres especially in physics and maths but rarely teach chemistry.
My ingenuity was borne out of creativity and I have knack for repairing faulty electrical gadgets , so I applied for electrical and electronics engineering in uniben .
I did exceptionally well in year 1&2 but my performance in year 3 was on the average due to financial constraints (I've a struggling financial parents). I was equally irate with the school system . I thought by 200 or 300level I'd have started building complex electrical instruments .
Towards the end of 300l session/400l a good friend of mine brought the idea of traveling out for study which I embraced--the begining of my sorrow or should I say I was greeted with problems as there was no deployment of wisdom.
I chased traveling palava during 400l and ofcourse I didn't pay for the school fee for the session. (My friend was helping out in the monitory aspect of travelling)
Conclusively, it didn't work out . Came back to uniben after meeting several personality , I was told that I voluntarily withdrew myself from University. (Some stories were skipped).
As it stands now , I don't have certificate or simply put a drop out .
I left benin for Lagos only to realise that there are lots of job opportunities and ofcourse I can't apply as I don't have the prerequisites or certificate to present and the worst part of it is that my parent are not aware of my predicament (not the understanding type).
I'm really bereaved of ideas that will propel me to move forward as I'm done regretting, lamenting and crying over a spilled milk .
Please I'm resolved on doing whatever it takes to outdo my doings but I need help to cushion or ameliorate my doings .
Please anyone out there to help me on how to Garner my life back, I really don't know ow what to do . Thanks

(After I learnt of my situation , I briefly went into vegetable farming-pumpkin which i made on a small scale , I did very well as most vegetable farmers came to Me for advice as mine was so green and fresh but the outcome wasnt that great because it was rainy season . I realised that one could make 3-5 times your input during dry season . This requires heavy capital)

Good you are now humbled by your last decisions and choices you've made in the past....NOW TURN THEM TO ONLY VIABLE REASONS YOU WON'T SETTLE FOR MEDIOCRITY!

First of all, the current business you engage in , or any other good biz you wish to start, develop passion for it and always Strive for Excellence.

But based on your academic prowess if you always feel you need more Academic Inclinations then open up to your loved ones ....a closed mouth is a closed destiny, You will always need people's support at one point of time in life.

...Engage in deep critical thinking and start afresh....you may go to tutorials to refreshen your brain, get the required texts....while focusing more on commitment, dedication and resilience pick relevant course you would love to study....(IT'S YOUR STORY).

LET YOUR EXPERIENCE BE THE ONLY REASON YOU WOULD NEVER GIVE UP!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by horlahsunbo225(m): 12:59pm On Mar 03, 2019
code101:

Pls sir am a computer science final year student and also good in programming and web development
Can u pls show me some ways I can also be making money
I won't mind if you can mentor me
Re: . by code101: 2:06pm On Mar 03, 2019
horlahsunbo225:

Pls sir am a computer science final year student and also good in programming and web development
Can u pls show me some ways I can also be making money
I won't mind if you can mentor me

What I shared above is a quick view of my life, this year makes it my 14th year of being a programmer, it means that I paid my due patiently, I learn, make my mistakes, use my connections... So you need to start by telling people what you do... Everybody is concerned about making money, but few is concerned about how they spend the money.... so it's not easy bro, I will advice you to appreciate what you have and make best use of it. Note: I bought the land where I am leaving now while still in school 2009 I think, completed the house and parked in 2016... it means I did not steal from anyone, rather I manage and invest everything I have with serious discipline. I hope you have learn one or two things.

1 Like

Re: . by Giftedstan(m): 2:32pm On Mar 03, 2019
Thank you so much for your kind words .
As it stands now I stopped farming because it's capital intensive
I'll brace up and register for a part-time course. Just that age is the on my side again but before I left benin for Lagos(Ketu) , I was taking 100100-300l students who find it difficult to solve complex problems in one or two courses .
I just picked up c++ last week tho using my phone for practice
I can't thank you enough sir.
I am still academically sound and I intend to re-study .
I will do just as you have said . Please feel free sir to convey any message that you fit deeming or helpful. Tha KS once again.
code101:

1 Like

Re: . by Giftedstan(m): 2:41pm On Mar 03, 2019
Thank you so much sir .
I really appreciate this sir.
I'd love to study again even if I've got all the money , all the person's I thought have graduated , can't bear the shame and I'll go for El/3l since I'm electrically inclined .
Thank you sir
Hahjascho:
Good you are now humbled by your last decisions and choices you've made in the past....NOW TURN THEM TO ONLY VIABLE REASONS YOU WON'T SETTLE FOR MEDIOCRITY!

First of all, the current business you engage in , or any other good biz you wish to start, develop passion for it and always Strive for Excellence.

But based on your academic prowess if you always feel you need more Academic Inclinations then open up to your loved ones ....a closed mouth is a closed destiny, You will always need people's support at one point of time in life.

...Engage in deep critical thinking and start afresh....you may go to tutorials to refreshen your brain, get the required texts....while focusing more on commitment, dedication and resilience pick relevant course you would love to study....(IT'S YOUR STORY).

LET YOUR EXPERIENCE BE THE ONLY REASON YOU WOULD NEVER GIVE UP!
Re: . by Giftedstan(m): 2:44pm On Mar 03, 2019
code101:

What I shared above is a quick view of my life, this year makes it my 14th year of being a programmer, it means that I paid my due patiently, I learn, make my mistakes, use my connections... So you need to start by telling people what you do... Everybody is concerned about making money, but few is concerned about how they spend the money.... so it's not easy bro, I will advice you to appreciate what you have and make best use of it. Note: I bought the land where I am leaving now while still in school 2009 I think, completed the house and parked in 2016... it means I did not steal from anyone, rather I manage and invest everything I have with serious discipline. I hope you have learn one or two things.
Very well sir .
Re: . by horlahsunbo225(m): 5:22pm On Mar 03, 2019
code101:

In short I should be Patient and be telling people what I do
Re: . by mozele(m): 8:01pm On Mar 03, 2019
code101:

quite and achievement. But how can I follow your steps on this one? I know it will takes hours of studies running into months and even years. Yet again, how can I replicate your success sir?

Do you mind putting me through please?
Re: . by mozele(m): 8:50pm On Mar 03, 2019
Giftedstan:

Very well sir .

if I'm not mistaken, you mentioned that your vegetables are more leafy and greenish than that of other farmers in your locality.

If there's is/are formulars you apply for those results, why don't you package it and send it to the farmers at a fee?

As you become more knowledgeable in that area, you know you can acquire/rent more land spaces to expand and let more market women know about your trade.

(1) (Reply)

I Am Unable To Get My Jnr Sister's Jamb E-pin And They Have Debited Me.. / Judge The Content!! / You Were In S.S.3 In What Year?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.