Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,009 members, 7,817,976 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:56 AM

Active Directory, File Server, Printer Server, Mail Server - How To Do - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Active Directory, File Server, Printer Server, Mail Server - How To Do (1741 Views)

Active Directory Deployment Solution. / WINDOW 2008 NETWORK SECURITY AND ACTIVE DIRECTORY DESIGN / My Incoming , Outgoing Server Mail (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Active Directory, File Server, Printer Server, Mail Server - How To Do by sholasys: 12:20pm On Apr 25, 2007
My homies
I hav a local Area network of 10 pc in my office. I need to configure the above subject matter. I need you help on how to do this pls. if u hav any manual on This u can give me. Pls an easy way to go abt it. Help me to save my Job. God Bless Nairalander.
thanks
Re: Active Directory, File Server, Printer Server, Mail Server - How To Do by Maleeq(m): 1:47pm On Apr 26, 2007
You did not state the OS environment you are working in, so I'll take it as a Windows Active Directory running on Windows 2003 server right?

Writing the configuration would appear a lot more difficult than implementing the tasks itself. Also, do you have any previous knowledge in Systems Administration? This would let me know where I'll start from.

Also, let me know the baseline requirements of the set up you want(domain structure, messaging and how intensive the file and printer service would be loaded).

Let me know as soon as you can.
Re: Active Directory, File Server, Printer Server, Mail Server - How To Do by sholasys: 12:31pm On Apr 27, 2007
Maleeq, the server will b on win 2003 and the clients will b on xp. i hav a gd knw on sys adm.
i jst want to knw what is means it is usefulness, when to use it and how to use it
thanks
Re: Active Directory, File Server, Printer Server, Mail Server - How To Do by Maleeq(m): 12:38pm On Apr 27, 2007
Just replied based on your post, which clearly states that:
sholasys:

I need you help on how to do this please. if u hav any manual on This u can give me.

So, if you av as much knowledge as you SAY you do, then you should know their importance in a network.

P.S: Do you know that Windows is not the only vendor of server OSes? Thats the point in my asking which OS environment.
Re: Active Directory, File Server, Printer Server, Mail Server - How To Do by opalluwa: 12:48pm On Apr 27, 2007
hi,
since u have 10 systems, u need to configure one as a server.
I do not know how much money u have, but i strongly advice that u buy a server machine
install win 2003 server on it and configre it to work as a domain controller.
then u can now configure all other things u want the server to do; file, printer, mail server and active directory. all this can be configured on the same machine since ur network is relatively small.
Re: Active Directory, File Server, Printer Server, Mail Server - How To Do by Cactus(m): 1:56am On Apr 28, 2007
lol you're a sys admin, and u don't know the importance of those types of server. Having all these different types of server available, u have to assess the environment u r working in whether or not to implement a system. Not just because u like it or u want it u have to do it. It has to add value to a business process before u consider the implementation of a technology. If u dont need some things and u decide u like it and u set up a system. well apparently u will be wasting valuable time that u can use with some other problem or process of the business. if u have no idea of what a print, mail etc servers do well i guess it is not your job, u better look for something else. if u have an idea of what they are, u should pretty much know something about setup and configuration. this is a pity. so i guess someone that is more deserving of the job and knows what he or she is doing just lost the job to an imposter. This is one of the reasons why not many IT related jobs are not available in Nigeria for the real IT professional, that knows what he or she is doing.

Its a disgrace and pitiful.
Re: Active Directory, File Server, Printer Server, Mail Server - How To Do by Maleeq(m): 1:15pm On Apr 29, 2007
@Cactus
See me see wahala o?  Isn't it so ironic? It's like a surgeon asking, "What do I do with a surgical blade? "

He needs to find a different career line if he doesn't know what these servers do in a network.
Re: Active Directory, File Server, Printer Server, Mail Server - How To Do by sholasys: 6:29pm On Apr 30, 2007
No Knwledge is lost. i try to maintain a low profile to ganer more knwlg frm u gurus. cacus, if u hav a problem of geting a lucrative job try and work harder. Dont weigh your fustration on me. Remember Nairaland is a resource centre where we get and share knw. I am a certified eng. Y i asked those question in dat ways is bc u might teach me what i didnt knw. try to b humble so that u can be elevated. u dnt knw maybe i can help u in networking in feature. I am just gathering a JOURNAL. Anything u share will be recomended

thanks
Re: Active Directory, File Server, Printer Server, Mail Server - How To Do by Cactus(m): 2:32am On May 01, 2007
This is in response to sholasys and I clearly read your initial post regarding configuration for 10 boxes (note boxes lol ah ah ah ). so u may want to say that u mentioned 10 system. I know and I remember, regardless of what u mentioned it is irrelevant because your initial post sounds desperate and urgent. If this is for your job that u may lose. well no comment obviously i will prefer one to happen. how ever u interpret it is your cup of tea (or to be english kopoti)

This is a classic case of ignorance. Well, you're assuming I am in the IT field, that may be true and it may not be true. U r assuming I am working, that may also be true or false, and I could be a student. Before u make any assertions, kindly verify your source of information before making any claims u don't know anything about else it will backfire. Knowledge is relative. Knowing how to recite your ABCs, u may consider yourself as the smartest person on earth. Obviously your level of intelligence will just be on the level of recitals. or Knowing your astrophysics, well apparently that is on a more advanced level and that is another level of intelligence. Intelligence from person to person differs. Not everybody studies and understands at the same pace. Your definition of a System Admin is obviously different from what I will define a System Admin. Your job requirement may only be the maintenance of a workstation (well that is a system lol) or a full fledged IT infrastructure to include networks, servers, data farms etc.

If your definition of System Administration is based on the level of maintaining one workstation or desktop or notebook, well that explains why u do not understand the usefulness of implementing a full IT architecture of which includes some of the things u requested more information about. (AD, Servers). Well if you're at this level, then I should understand clearly why u are asking this question regarding the importance of implementing different types of servers. However, if you're on the level of maintaining networks and servers and u don't know what the importance of having the things mentioned, well the other explanation may be that u have a short memory span (i hope it is not lasting 5secs, actually search on google for "the man with the 7 second memory" or "anterograde amnesia"). so that is ok u can keep learning and learning hopefully there can be a way to remedy missing memories. Well I will hope neither of those two scenarios are applicable to u.

Well u mentioned gaining knowledge of things u may not know. Then the first step may be to know how to phrase forum topics. At least that should reflect some level of intelligence. Listing servers and asking HOW TO DO. clearly indicates u have no knowledge about what they are. I hope u know this, the most reliable friend u may have in this world today is GOOGLE according to me so u may not know so that is pardonable. I have google phone number if u want that as more arsenal to your weapon i can surely give it to u. If you're looking for information about what u don't know and are looking to add more to your knowledge. I will guess u already know of a powerful search engine called GOOGLE. lol. U can find what you're looking for in less than 3 secs. Next time try google, then if u don't find the answer you're looking for then ask real people that are actually knowledgeable about Networking and Telecommunication.

FYI, u can NEVER help me with networking that one I can guarantee u. It is a fact well to be more exact it is a fact to me but to u it is unknown. ah ah ah

Next time know how to phrase forum topics then that will be a good start. I can't wait for your reply. don't worry trust me I will always reply as long as i am walking.

just keep in mind

- knowledge, intelligence are relative
- your definition of sys admin may be different from mine and any other person
- u can work harder at your writing skills in other to convene the appropriate messages

don't worry i can potentially make assumptions as to what u think, feel free, there are so many names available u can use. and things u can say. none is going to affect me so yea just write what u feel down. I don't know u, u don't know me, so it even makes it a better reason. good luck
Re: Active Directory, File Server, Printer Server, Mail Server - How To Do by sholasys: 2:35pm On May 01, 2007
Hey, we dnt attack personality here ok, If u have anything to offer which i doubt, say it. Stop blabing around.
u r nt fit to b in dis furum. Empty barel makes d loudest noice. I have chk thru all topics in dis forum u had or hav never contributed except critizicing. I am sure frm ur last para u knew u r doing the wrong thing. if nt y assuming wat i would think. U cant use me to improve ur comm skill ok. u r sufering from youthful exuberance. B matured.

Olushola CCNA.
Re: Active Directory, File Server, Printer Server, Mail Server - How To Do by Cactus(m): 3:07pm On May 01, 2007
Quoted from Sholasys

"Hey, we dnt attack personality here ok, If u have anything to offer which i doubt, say it. Stop blabing around.
you're nt fit to b in this furum. Empty barel makes d loudest noice. I have chk through all topics in this forum u had or hav never contributed except critizicing. I am sure frm your last para u knew you're doing the wrong thing. if nt y assuming what i would think. U can't use me to improve your comm skill ok. you're sufering from youthful exuberance. B matured.

Olushola CCNA."

I previously said you have problems with your language skills. You claim i have never contributed except critize. Well you are absolutely wrong. I already mentioned below you must have done selective readings. You can look at these topics and look for Cactus if you cannot remember.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=51005.msg1076531#msg1076531
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=50125.msg1066259#msg1066259
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=49726.msg1052583#msg1052583
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=39788.msg898787#msg898787
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=40141.msg884271#msg884271
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=39925.msg881013#msg881013

Know your claims before writing or talking

who posted certifications just to convince people, i can also list a whole bunch of certifications after my name.

you know if u just read books you can pass certification exams and that doesn't mean you know what you are doing. just like you, an alleged ccna certified that doesn't know servers. you can keep on reading. i am glad you looked at all my posts if you actually did, not just selective reading. i hope you got some knowledge from all the things i have written so far. i don't need to improve my common skills i pick that up each day.

you can't even spell.

i hope you know what ccna stands for?

you have been pwned

(and yes pwned is correct)

(1) (Reply)

I Jst Turned Down A Hp15 8gigram 750gb Corei5@75k Bcus It Doesnt Have A Cd Drive / . / UPDATED!!! NEWEST ARRIVALS. USA USED LAPTOPS. BEST PRICES

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.