Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,877 members, 7,828,120 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:37 AM

Need Help On What To Feed My Caucasian Shepard For Weight Gain. - Pets (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Need Help On What To Feed My Caucasian Shepard For Weight Gain. (5391 Views)

My Wolf male German Shepard for mating / Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe / Imported Caucasian Shepard dog Available for Stud Service & Puppies Available!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Need Help On What To Feed My Caucasian Shepard For Weight Gain. by Gprince19(m): 2:21pm On Mar 19, 2019
IamAnderson:

the cause of this thing is malnutrition, CO's grow very fast so they need a lot of nutrients to grow steadily, if their food is lacking anything at this stage it'll affect them. that's why processed food or at least a balanced home cooked meal is best.
my dog is on puppy food at 7months and we haven't had any issues since then, tell him to buy calcium supplements for the dog and give 2 daily (depends on the dog's age tho, if the dog is above 4months then give 2).
it'll help prevent bone problems during the dog's growth

Lets say dry food is out of it... When u say balance feeding, what do u mean, can u call rice, beans and egg mixed with CAN feed daily as balance, if no what and what can be given to her for balance meal(home made). Basically all i knw are those for dogs...lol
Re: Need Help On What To Feed My Caucasian Shepard For Weight Gain. by Gprince19(m): 4:45pm On Mar 19, 2019
Gprince19:

Lets say dry food is out of it... When u say balance feeding, what do u mean, can u call rice, beans and egg mixed with CAN feed daily as balance, if no what and what can be given to her for balance meal(home made). Basically all i knw are those for dogs...lol

This is what i meant.

Re: Need Help On What To Feed My Caucasian Shepard For Weight Gain. by IamAnderson(m): 6:04pm On Mar 19, 2019
Gprince19:

Ok pls can u help me verify the name of the drug, and when u said painful what do u mean? Coz there is no sign of pain here, also the dogs cage is cemented and she spends basically 90 - 95% in there everyday. So hw do they go about the sand issue, she comes out just morning and night (sand).
that's adding to the bone issues, you shouldn't lock a growing dog all day like that, they need to exercise their legs and stretch regularly.
keeping growing dogs locked up like that is very wrong and bad for them.
the pain will come during the treatment.. the injections will hurt the dog for some days.
I recommended exercise on a sandy place so the pressure on the leg won't be much, if you don't have sand or mud around you then it's okay you can still do it on regular ground.
when my dog was healing I used to take him out to a sandy field to dig and walk around, with time the weaker leg will strengthen.
Re: Need Help On What To Feed My Caucasian Shepard For Weight Gain. by IamAnderson(m): 6:11pm On Mar 19, 2019
Gprince19:

you see where the problem came from now?
their isn't any calcium in the dog's diet, rice beans and egg cannot give a cauc enough of it's daily calcium needs.
tell him to buy calcium tablets and give the dog daily, and also tell him to stop locking up that puppy all day, puppies need to play and exercise daily it helps their mental, physical and social development.
the puppy is still young and growing so the issue will reverse easily but please take note.
allow your puppies to play, it may look like nothing to you but it helps them a lot.
now isn't the time to start locking or chaining them up, you'll just stunt your dog's development.
Re: Need Help On What To Feed My Caucasian Shepard For Weight Gain. by IamAnderson(m): 6:19pm On Mar 19, 2019
Gprince19:

I give my dog "bionical calcium tablets" everyday, it costs 3000 and it contains 100tabs
coupled with daily exercise (don't over do the exercise since the dog is still young, some minutes of running around is okay at this age, it'll help keep the dog sharp and active) increase the exercise time as the dog grows older and try to give the puppy several exercise times instead of 1 long play time. puppies tire out fast so keep it short and regular daily.
I haven't had another bone issue since then and I hope the puppy recovers fast wink
Re: Need Help On What To Feed My Caucasian Shepard For Weight Gain. by IamAnderson(m): 6:36pm On Mar 19, 2019
Gprince19:
Need help on what to feed her, as she rejects
can foods(jojo) and dry food. Indomine makes her poo watery, any idea on what to fred her. Suggestions pls. She is 11wks old. Thank you.
hope you don't lock this cutie up all day too, let her not start developing bone issues ooh wink
I know you're thinking that CO's come with plenty problems grin
just have it in mind that they grow faster than most breeds so they require more nutrients, I suggest you start supplementing her diet too to keep her healthy. if you're mixing her food then you'll need to supplement it.
it'll be worth it at the end trust me, you'll see how fast She'll grow up wink
just follow the rules about their feeding and training and you won't have any problems.
my dog has never fallen sick before because I make sure he feeds well and his diet is rich, he's active, growing well and healthy.
I supplement his food with vitamins,cod liver oil and calcium and give him regular exercise and it works well.
I have this feeling that it's better to spend money on proper feeding than to treat sickness and malnutrition.
it cost me more than 2 months feeding money(for him) to get him walking again after that incident with his leg so since then I promised myself I won't take any chances.
Good luck bro if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask,I've been through this faze with my own dog too and I won't mind giving out some pointers wink
Re: Need Help On What To Feed My Caucasian Shepard For Weight Gain. by Gprince19(m): 10:07pm On Mar 19, 2019
IamAnderson:

hope you don't lock this cutie up all day too, let her not start developing bone issues ooh wink
I know you're thinking that CO's come with plenty problems grin
just have it in mind that they grow faster than most breeds so they require more nutrients, I suggest you start supplementing her diet too to keep her healthy. if you're mixing her food then you'll need to supplement it.
it'll be worth it at the end trust me, you'll see how fast She'll grow up wink
just follow the rules about their feeding and training and you won't have any problems.
my dog has never fallen sick before because I make sure he feeds well and his diet is rich, he's active, growing well and healthy.
I supplement his food with vitamins,cod liver oil and calcium and give him regular exercise and it works well.
I have this feeling that it's better to spend money on proper feeding than to treat sickness and malnutrition.
it cost me more than 2 months feeding money(for him) to get him walking again after that incident with his leg so since then I promised myself I won't take any chances.
Good luck bro if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask,I've been through this faze with my own dog too and I won't mind giving out some pointers wink

Ok i will get the calcium tablet ASAP, but i still don't knw how to mix the balance diet o grin , or can i continue with the normal food i give her then together with d calcium?
Re: Need Help On What To Feed My Caucasian Shepard For Weight Gain. by IamAnderson(m): 10:31pm On Mar 19, 2019
Gprince19:

Ok i will get the calcium tablet ASAP, but i still don't knw how to mix the balance diet o grin , or can i continue with the normal food i give her then together with d calcium?
I think you need to buy multivitamins too and if possible cod liver oil
Re: Need Help On What To Feed My Caucasian Shepard For Weight Gain. by Bomae: 10:33pm On Mar 19, 2019
Join our telegram group to learn more abt dogs
https:///CanineEducation

How to knw when ur dog is in pain.

Sometimes our dogs can be in pain but they cant express it to us and am sure none of us can stand to see our beloved pets in pains. Even when our dogs aren't eaten it affects us emotionally.

Sometimes it can be very difficult to knw whether or not ur dog is in pain. But other times its obvious.

There are signs u can look for that might indicate ur dog is experiencing pain.

Dogs in pain are more likely to bite so be careful. They could loss appetite as well. Breathing heavy, heart rate, and even appearance can all change when ur dog is experiencing pain.

If u have a good idea of ur dog’s “normal" which includes his normal attitude, energy level, gait, appetite, thirst, sleep patterns, and other physical and behavioral patterns then it would help u knw when his probably in pains or sick.

When evaluating ur dog for potential pain, please take great care to not get urself (or anyone helping u) bitten. Dont allow family members and friends go close to him during such times. Even if ur dog would never normally bite anyone, the mere fact that ur evaluating ur dog for pain indicates that this may not be a normal time.

Dogs in pain are more likely to bite. This is true even with their owners and other people they knw. And it happens more when a person touches or moves the painful area. So once u observe the area of pains avoid touching such spots.

Breathing Changes:
Dogs experiencing pain may have a faster and more shallow breathing pattern than normal. They may also pant.

Heart and Pulse Changes:
Dogs in pain will often have an increased heart/pulse rate. The rate often noticeably speeds up when the painful area is touched or moved.
U can learn how to measure ur dogs hearth rate at home. Contact a technician to teach u.

Posture Changes:
Dogs who are in pain may assume a very rigid stance, while others may assume the “prayer position” with their front legs on the ground, their butt up in the air, and a stretch throughout their abdomen. Some dogs in pain will lie around more, while others may experience difficulty laying down.

It all depends on the type, location, and severity of the pain.

Eye Changes:
The eyes can be great indicators of pain in dogs. They change both for eye pain itself and for pain elsewhere in the body. Often pain elsewhere in the body will result in larger (dilated) pupils, while pain in the eye(s) can result in either larger or smaller (constricted) pupils.

If their eyes are in pain, the affected eye(s) may also appear bloodshot.

Food and Water Changes:
Dogs in pain often eat and drink less than normal. When they do eat and drink, if the cause of their pain is their teeth or some other part of the mouth, they may drop food and/or water from their mouth.

Energy Level Changes:
Most dogs in pain will have a general decrease in their activity level. This often shows as a dog who sleeps more. It may also manifest as a dog who simply runs and/or jumps less than normal.

Mobility Changes:
Dogs in pain often move around less. However, depending on what hurts, they may still move around the same amount, but do so differently (i.e. with a limp, or more slowly when going up or down the stairs, etc.)

Pooing Changes:
Dogs who have back pain, for any reason, may have difficulty with the posture needed to defecate. So they may struggle to do that.

Body Contour Changes:
If u observe swellings, be they on ur dog’s legs, body, or face, could be an indication of a painful condition, such as infection, inflammation or others.

It’s important to speak with or see ur vet any time ur dog is in pain, or if u think they may be.

For dogs suffering from arthritis fish oil which has anti inflammatory properties can help.

Join our telegram group to learn more abt dogs
https:///CanineEducation
Re: Need Help On What To Feed My Caucasian Shepard For Weight Gain. by Gprince19(m): 8:42am On Mar 20, 2019
IamAnderson:

I think you need to buy multivitamins too and if possible cod liver oil
There is multi-vitamin already KC-vite syrup, she takes it everyday, cod liver oil? I thought that is for their eye sight and coat maintenance.
Re: Need Help On What To Feed My Caucasian Shepard For Weight Gain. by IamAnderson(m): 2:52pm On Mar 20, 2019
Gprince19:

There is multi-vitamin already KC-vite syrup, she takes it everyday, cod liver oil? I thought that is for their eye sight and coat maintenance.
cod liver oil also helps bone formation

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Boerboel Dog Appraisals Live In Nigeria ( Sabbs /bdban Organised) / Adult Male Rottweiler For Sale / Pictures From The First Dog Walk In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.