Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,281 members, 7,836,250 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:35 AM

The Significance Of Ash Wednesday in the Christian faith - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Significance Of Ash Wednesday in the Christian faith (13412 Views)

There Is No Heaven & Hell - Pastor Abosom As He Abandons His Christian Faith / Catholics Mark Ash Wednesday In Black Outfits To Protest Against Insecurity / Meaning Of Ash Wednesday And Why Anglicans Celebrate It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Significance Of Ash Wednesday in the Christian faith by Oshi5403(m): 1:37am On Mar 08, 2019
asuustrike1:

Yes. The messages from the pulpit ought to be balanced not restricted to one area. That is why I so much respect many Orthodox and few Pentecostal churches in Nigeria. I advocate for a balanced message

May The Lord Have Mercy
Re: The Significance Of Ash Wednesday in the Christian faith by EdifiedHebrew: 5:42pm On Mar 11, 2019
budaatum:

If you don't mind, do you observe lent?
What's your religion? Church?

i don't obeserve lent because it is man made. Ecclesiastes 3: 14 I know that, whatsoever God doeth, it shall be for ever: nothing can be put to it, nor any thing taken from it: and God doeth it, that men should fear before him.

15 That which hath been is now; and that which is to be hath already been; and God requireth that which is past.

16 And moreover I saw under the sun the place of judgment, that wickedness was there; and the place of righteousness, that iniquity was there.

17 I said in mine heart, God shall judge the righteous and the wicked: for there is a time there for every purpose and for every work.
Re: The Significance Of Ash Wednesday in the Christian faith by EdifiedHebrew: 5:49pm On Mar 11, 2019
kinem:
Love being a Catholic. And Catholic I will remain till death. smiley

catholic will be destroyed forever with those that follow their doctrine.

catholic is the mother of harlot
catholic is the beast Revelation 13: 3 And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast.

4 And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?

5 And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.

6 And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven.

7 And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.

8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

9 If any man have an ear, let him hear.

10 He that leadeth into captivity shall go into captivity: he that killeth with the sword must be killed with the sword. Here is the patience and the faith of the saints
Re: The Significance Of Ash Wednesday in the Christian faith by EdifiedHebrew: 5:50pm On Mar 11, 2019
asuustrike1:

Yea that is the significant of ash Wednesday. It is a reminder to all that from dust we were made and to dust we shall return. Jesus made it clear in Mark 8:36 "For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul".

This is a big lie.

2 CORINTHIANS 10: 4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holdswink

5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

6 And having in a readiness to revenge all disobedience, when your obedience is fulfilled.
Re: The Significance Of Ash Wednesday in the Christian faith by EdifiedHebrew: 5:54pm On Mar 11, 2019
budaatum:

If you don't mind, do you observe lent?
What's your religion? Church?

This is my church in ACTS 7:38 This is he, that was in the church in the wilderness with the angel which spake to him in the mount Sina, and with our fathers: who received the lively oracles to give unto us:

47 But Solomon built him an house.

48 Howbeit the most High dwelleth not in temples made with hands; as saith the prophet,

49 Heaven is my throne, and earth is my footstool: what house will ye build me? saith the Lord: or what is the place of my rest?

50 Hath not my hand made all these things?

51 Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye.
Re: The Significance Of Ash Wednesday in the Christian faith by Nobody: 7:38pm On Mar 11, 2019
EdifiedHebrew:

This is a big lie.

2 CORINTHIANS 10: 4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holdswink

5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

6 And having in a readiness to revenge all disobedience, when your obedience is fulfilled.
Mr man you are ignorant as you know nothing. All your quotations has no link as to what I discussed. Mortal man go and reflect on your life because you are dust
Re: The Significance Of Ash Wednesday in the Christian faith by Nobody: 7:46pm On Mar 11, 2019
Let all mortal flesh keep silence,
And with fear and trembling stand;
Ponder nothing earthly-minded,
For with blessing in His hand,
Christ our God to earth descendeth,
Our full homage to demand.

King of kings, yet born of Mary,
As of old on earth He stood,
Lord of lords, in human vesture,
In the body and the blood;
He will give to all the faithful
His own self for heav’nly food.

Rank on rank the host of heaven
Spreads its vanguard on the way,
As the Light of light descendeth
From the realms of endless day,
That the pow’rs of hell may vanish
As the darkness clears away.

At His feet the six-winged seraph,
Cherubim with sleepless eye,
Veil their faces to the presence,
As with ceaseless voice they cry:
“Alleluia, Alleluia,
Alleluia, Lord Most High!”
Re: The Significance Of Ash Wednesday in the Christian faith by budaatum: 8:06pm On Mar 11, 2019
EdifiedHebrew:

i don't obeserve lent because it is man made.
You don't go to manmade school? Or can't see that some of us poor people might need to deprive ourselves and focus on God during lent? Or do you just think we are all as wealthy as you are?
Re: The Significance Of Ash Wednesday in the Christian faith by Nobody: 8:33pm On Mar 11, 2019
lent or no lent mean nothing.
Re: The Significance Of Ash Wednesday in the Christian faith by EdifiedHebrew: 8:42pm On Mar 11, 2019
asuustrike1:

Mr man you are ignorant as you know nothing. All your quotations has no link as to what I discussed. Mortal man go and reflect on your life because you are dust

Please show me Ash wednesday in the bible
Please show me where the disciples observed Ash wednesday in the bible.
Please tell me the reason why it was called Ash wednesday ?

ISAIAH 41: 21 Produce your cause, saith the LORD; bring forth your strong reasons, saith the King of Jacob.

22 Let them bring them forth, and shew us what shall happen: let them shew the former things, what they be, that we may consider them, and know the latter end of them; or declare us things for to come.

so you can't even understand simple commandment ?

ECCLESIASTES 3:14 I know that, whatsoever God doeth, it shall be for ever: nothing can be put to it, nor any thing taken from it: and God doeth it, that men should fear before him.

REVELATION 22:13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.

14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

15 For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

23 Shew the things that are to come hereafter, that we may know that ye are gods: yea, do good, or do evil, that we may be dismayed, and behold it together.

24 Behold, ye are of nothing, and your work of nought: an abomination is he that chooseth you.

1 Thessalonians 5: 21 Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.

22 Abstain from all appearance of evil.
Re: The Significance Of Ash Wednesday in the Christian faith by EdifiedHebrew: 8:47pm On Mar 11, 2019
budaatum:

You don't go to manmade school? Or can't see that some of us poor people might need to deprive ourselves and focus on God during lent? Or do you just think we are all as wealthy as you are?

ECCLESIASTES 3:14 I know that, whatsoever God doeth, it shall be for ever: nothing can be put to it, nor any thing taken from it: and God doeth it, that men should fear before him.

REVELATION 22:13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.

14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

15 For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
Re: The Significance Of Ash Wednesday in the Christian faith by EdifiedHebrew: 8:55pm On Mar 11, 2019
asuustrike1:

EPHESIANS 4:14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;

15 But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:

16 From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.

17 This I say therefore, and testify in the Lord, that ye henceforth walk not as other Gentiles walk, in the vanity of their mind,

18 Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart:

19 Who being past feeling have given themselves over unto lasciviousness, to work all uncleanness with greediness.

20 But ye have not so learned Christ;

TITUS 1:9 Holding fast the faithful word as he hath been taught, that he may be able by sound doctrine both to exhort and to convince the gainsayers.

10 For there are many unruly and vain talkers and deceivers, specially they of the circumcision:

11 Whose mouths must be stopped, who subvert whole houses, teaching things which they ought not, for filthy lucre's sake.

12 One of themselves, even a prophet of their own, said, The Cretians are alway liars, evil beasts, slow bellies.

13 This witness is true. Wherefore rebuke them sharply, that they may be sound in the faith;

14 Not giving heed to Jewish fables, and commandments of men, that turn from the truth.

15 Unto the pure all things are pure: but unto them that are defiled and unbelieving is nothing pure; but even their mind and conscience is defiled.

16 They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.
Re: The Significance Of Ash Wednesday in the Christian faith by Nobody: 9:07pm On Mar 11, 2019
EdifiedHebrew:

Please show me Ash wednesday in the bible
Please show me where the disciples observed Ash wednesday in the bible.
Please tell me the reason why it was called Ash wednesday ?

ISAIAH 41: 21 Produce your cause, saith the LORD; bring forth your strong reasons, saith the King of Jacob.

22 Let them bring them forth, and shew us what shall happen: let them shew the former things, what they be, that we may consider them, and know the latter end of them; or declare us things for to come.

23 Shew the things that are to come hereafter, that we may know that ye are gods: yea, do good, or do evil, that we may be dismayed, and behold it together.

24 Behold, ye are of nothing, and your work of nought: an abomination is he that chooseth you.

1 Thessalonians 5: 21 Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.

22 Abstain from all appearance of evil.
You are still ignorant and naive. The Orthodox churches have reasons why they observe it. You just go quoting scriptures anyhow. I don't have time to finish you because you would be ashamed with those scriptures you posted.
Re: The Significance Of Ash Wednesday in the Christian faith by Nobody: 9:11pm On Mar 11, 2019
EdifiedHebrew:

EPHESIANS 4:14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;

15 But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:

16 From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.

17 This I say therefore, and testify in the Lord, that ye henceforth walk not as other Gentiles walk, in the vanity of their mind,

18 Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart:

19 Who being past feeling have given themselves over unto lasciviousness, to work all uncleanness with greediness.

TITUS 1:9 Holding fast the faithful word as he hath been taught, that he may be able by sound doctrine both to exhort and to convince the gainsayers.

10 For there are many unruly and vain talkers and deceivers, specially they of the circumcision:

11 Whose mouths must be stopped, who subvert whole houses, teaching things which they ought not, for filthy lucre's sake.

12 One of themselves, even a prophet of their own, said, The Cretians are alway liars, evil beasts, slow bellies.

13 This witness is true. Wherefore rebuke them sharply, that they may be sound in the faith;

14 Not giving heed to Jewish fables, and commandments of men, that turn from the truth.

15 Unto the pure all things are pure: but unto them that are defiled and unbelieving is nothing pure; but even their mind and conscience is defiled.

16 They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.
Even the scriptures you quoted has no basis at all. It is out of point
Re: The Significance Of Ash Wednesday in the Christian faith by Nobody: 9:18pm On Mar 11, 2019
EdifiedHebrew:

Do you celebrate white wedding, wedding anniversary, birthdays, observation of the calendar year e.t.c ? If you do then you are an hypocrite. From then I will start analysing your flaws

1 Like

Re: The Significance Of Ash Wednesday in the Christian faith by budaatum: 11:00pm On Mar 11, 2019
EdifiedHebrew:

so you can't even understand simple commandment?
Commandment not to bother with manmade things? It would be a very difficult one to keep I tell you, unless I want to deceive myself. There aren't a lot of phones made by women, see, nor houses either. What would I do about manmade books?

Are you certain you understand what you are quoting?
Re: The Significance Of Ash Wednesday in the Christian faith by EdifiedHebrew: 8:22am On Mar 12, 2019
budaatum:

Commandment not to bother with manmade things? It would be a very difficult one to keep I tell you, unless I want to deceive myself. There aren't a lot of phones made by women, see, nor houses either. What would I do about manmade books?

Are you certain you understand what you are quoting?

The MOST HIGH said don't add and don't subtract from his DOCTRINE, simple. Yahawah bahasham Yahawashi is not talking about school books, pencil, shoes, cars, etc.

DEUTERONOMY 33:1 Give ear, O ye heavens, and I will speak; and hear, O earth, the words of my mouth.

2 My doctrine shall drop as the rain, my speech shall distil as the dew, as the small rain upon the tender herb, and as the showers upon the grass:

3 Because I will publish the name of the LORD: ascribe ye greatness unto our God.

4 He is the Rock, his work is perfect: for all his ways are judgment: a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is he.

5 They have corrupted themselves, their spot is not the spot of his children: they are a perverse and crooked generation.

39 See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god with me: I kill, and I make alive; I wound, and I heal: neither is there any that can deliver out of my hand.

40 For I lift up my hand to heaven, and say, I live for ever.

41 If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me.

42 I will make mine arrows drunk with blood, and my sword shall devour flesh; and that with the blood of the slain and of the captives, from the beginning of revenges upon the enemy.

43 Rejoice, O ye nations, with his people: for he will avenge the blood of his servants, and will render vengeance to his adversaries, and will be merciful unto his land, and to his people. ( All those adding & Subtracting from his Doctrine will be killed).

44 And Moses came and spake all the words of this song in the ears of the people, he, and Hoshea the son of Nun.

PROVERBS 4:1 Hear, ye children, the instruction of a father, and attend to know understanding.

2 For I give you good doctrine, forsake ye not my law.

3 For I was my father's son, tender and only beloved in the sight of my mother.

4 He taught me also, and said unto me, Let thine heart retain my words: keep my commandments, and live.

5 Get wisdom, get understanding: forget it not; neither decline from the words of my mouth.

6 Forsake her not, and she shall preserve thee: love her, and she shall keep thee.

7 Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding.

8 Exalt her, and she shall promote thee: she shall bring thee to honour, when thou dost embrace her.

9 She shall give to thine head an ornament of grace: a crown of glory shall she deliver to thee.

10 Hear, O my son, and receive my sayings; and the years of thy life shall be many.

11 I have taught thee in the way of wisdom; I have led thee in right paths.

12 When thou goest, thy steps shall not be straitened; and when thou runnest, thou shalt not stumble.

13 Take fast hold of instruction; let her not go: keep her; for she is thy life.

14 Enter not into the path of the wicked, and go not in the way of evil men.

15 Avoid it, pass not by it, turn from it, and pass away.

16 For they sleep not, except they have done mischief; and their sleep is taken away, unless they cause some to fall.

17 For they eat the bread of wickedness, and drink the wine of violence.

18 But the path of the just is as the shining light, that shineth more and more unto the perfect day.

19 The way of the wicked is as darkness: they know not at what they stumble.

20 My son, attend to my words; incline thine ear unto my sayings.

21 Let them not depart from thine eyes; keep them in the midst of thine heart.

22 For they are life unto those that find them, and health to all their flesh.

23 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.

24 Put away from thee a froward mouth, and perverse lips put far from thee. (No Ash Wednesday)

25 Let thine eyes look right on, and let thine eyelids look straight before thee.

26 Ponder the path of thy feet, and let all thy ways be established.

27 Turn not to the right hand nor to the left: remove thy foot from evil.
Re: The Significance Of Ash Wednesday in the Christian faith by EdifiedHebrew: 8:37am On Mar 12, 2019
asuustrike1:

Do you celebrate white wedding, wedding anniversary, birthdays, observation of the calendar year e.t.c ? If you do then you are an hypocrite. From then I will start analysing your flaws

I follow the calender of Yahawah bahasham Yahawashi Hamasciach.
The month of PASSOVER is my NEW YEAR when Yahawashi Hamasciach was born, cruciffied, resurrected and redeemed me with his blood.

I don't follow the Calender of Rome because they changed it for the worshipping of their gods. January was derived from Roman god called JANUS which is the 9th month and it was changed to the begining of the year. See the prophecy in the book of DANIEL 7:25 And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.

26 But the judgment shall sit, and they shall take away his dominion, to consume and to destroy it unto the end.

27 And the kingdom and dominion, and the greatness of the kingdom under the whole heaven, shall be given to the people of the saints of the most High, whose kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and all dominions shall serve and obey him.

REVELATION 13:3 And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast.

4 And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?

5 And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.

6 And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven.

7 And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.

8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

9 If any man have an ear, let him hear.

10 He that leadeth into captivity shall go into captivity: he that killeth with the sword must be killed with the sword. Here is the patience and the faith of the saints.
Re: The Significance Of Ash Wednesday in the Christian faith by EdifiedHebrew: 8:42am On Mar 12, 2019
asuustrike1:

Even the scriptures you quoted has no basis at all. It is out of point

Yes they are out of points to you because there is a covering cast over you.

ISAIAH 25: 7 And he will destroy in this mountain the face of the covering cast over all people, and the vail that is spread over all nations.

MARK 4: 11 And he said unto them, Unto you it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God: but unto them that are without, all these things are done in parables:

12 That seeing they may see, and not perceive; and hearing they may hear, and not understand; lest at any time they should be converted, and their sins should be forgiven them.
Re: The Significance Of Ash Wednesday in the Christian faith by EdifiedHebrew: 8:53am On Mar 12, 2019
asuustrike1:

You are still ignorant and naive. The Orthodox churches have reasons why they observe it. You just go quoting scriptures anyhow. I don't have time to finish you because you would be ashamed with those scriptures you posted.

Does it mean that if the enemies of the most high are doing nonsense, you should follow them? My brother please wake up. They are the beasts of the Island. They are the one giving the most high pains till today by adding useless doctrines.

ISAIAH 34: 14 The wild beasts of the desert shall also meet with the wild beasts of the island, and the satyr shall cry to his fellow; the screech owl also shall rest there, and find for herself a place of rest.

15 There shall the great owl make her nest, and lay, and hatch, and gather under her shadow: there shall the vultures also be gathered, every one with her mate.

16 Seek ye out of the book of the LORD, and read: no one of these shall fail, none shall want her mate: for my mouth it hath commanded, and his spirit it hath gathered them.

17 And he hath cast the lot for them, and his hand hath divided it unto them by line: they shall possess it for ever, from generation to generation shall they dwell therein.

They are the beasts of the Island. They are the one giving the most high pains till today by adding useless doctrines.

ZECHARIAH 1: 15 And I am very sore displeased with the heathen that are at ease: for I was but a little displeased, and they helped forward the affliction.

16 Therefore thus saith the LORD; I am returned to Jerusalem with mercies: my house shall be built in it, saith the LORD of hosts, and a line shall be stretched forth upon Jerusalem
Re: The Significance Of Ash Wednesday in the Christian faith by EdifiedHebrew: 9:09am On Mar 12, 2019
asuustrike1:

LEVITICUS 23: 37 These are the feasts of the LORD, which ye shall proclaim to be holy convocations, to offer an offering made by fire unto the LORD, a burnt offering, and a meat offering, a sacrifice, and drink offerings, every thing upon his day:

GENESIS 21:7 And she said, Who would have said unto Abraham, that Sarah should have given children suck? for I have born him a son in his old age.

8 And the child grew, and was weaned: and Abraham made a great feast the same day that Isaac was weaned.

PSALMS 90: 12 So teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom.

JOB 1: 1 There was a man in the land of Uz, whose name was Job; and that man was perfect and upright, and one that feared God, and eschewed evil.

2 And there were born unto him seven sons and three daughters.

3 His substance also was seven thousand sheep, and three thousand camels, and five hundred yoke of oxen, and five hundred she asses, and a very great household; so that this man was the greatest of all the men of the east.

4 And his sons went and feasted in their houses, every one his day; and sent and called for their three sisters to eat and to drink with them.

5 And it was so, when the days of their feasting were gone about, that Job sent and sanctified them, and rose up early in the morning, and offered burnt offerings according to the number of them all: for Job said, It may be that my sons have sinned, and cursed God in their hearts. Thus did Job continually.
Re: The Significance Of Ash Wednesday in the Christian faith by budaatum: 2:32pm On Mar 12, 2019
EdifiedHebrew:

The MOST HIGH said don't add and don't subtract from his DOCTRINE, simple. Yahawah bahasham Yahawashi is not talking about school books, pencil, shoes, cars, etc.
I'm afraid no most high ever told me anything of the sort! If a most high did say that and I were willing to obey I would still be sacrificing animals and washing the temple with it as ordered way back in Leviticus!

I guess we have different instructions. I fast because I find reward in fasting. You don't because man made it. Peace.
Re: The Significance Of Ash Wednesday in the Christian faith by Nobody: 3:34pm On Mar 12, 2019
EdifiedHebrew:

Does it mean that if the enemies of the most high are doing nonsense, you should follow them? My brother please wake up. They are the beasts of the Island. They are the one giving the most high pains till today by adding useless doctrines.

ISAIAH 34: 14 The wild beasts of the desert shall also meet with the wild beasts of the island, and the satyr shall cry to his fellow; the screech owl also shall rest there, and find for herself a place of rest.

15 There shall the great owl make her nest, and lay, and hatch, and gather under her shadow: there shall the vultures also be gathered, every one with her mate.

16 Seek ye out of the book of the LORD, and read: no one of these shall fail, none shall want her mate: for my mouth it hath commanded, and his spirit it hath gathered them.

17 And he hath cast the lot for them, and his hand hath divided it unto them by line: they shall possess it for ever, from generation to generation shall they dwell therein.

They are the beasts of the Island. They are the one giving the most high pains till today by adding useless doctrines.

ZECHARIAH 1: 15 And I am very sore displeased with the heathen that are at ease: for I was but a little displeased, and they helped forward the affliction.

16 Therefore thus saith the LORD; I am returned to Jerusalem with mercies: my house shall be built in it, saith the LORD of hosts, and a line shall be stretched forth upon Jerusalem
When you explain kindly explain in details instead of quoting scriptures out of point. At least make reference like I do on my articles

1 Like

Re: The Significance Of Ash Wednesday in the Christian faith by EdifiedHebrew: 4:06pm On Mar 12, 2019
budaatum:

I'm afraid no most high ever told me anything of the sort! If a most high did say that and I were willing to obey I would still be sacrificing animals and washing the temple with it as ordered way back in Leviticus!

I guess we have different instructions. I fast because I find reward in fasting. You don't because man made it. Peace.

YOU don't have to be sacrificing animals and washing the temple with it as ordered way back in Leviticus! because there is a prophecies & commandment in the book of DANIEL 9:26 - 27, ISAIAH 53: 1 - 12, PSALMS 40:6-9 & HEBREWS 10: 1 - 39 which you have to obey.

DANIEL 9:26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off,
but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.

27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

PSALMS 40:6 Sacrifice and offering thou didst not desire; mine ears hast thou opened: burnt offering and sin offering hast thou not required.

7 Then said I, Lo, I come: in the volume of the book it is written of me,

8 I delight to do thy will, O my God: yea, thy law is within my heart.

9 I have preached righteousness in the great congregation: lo, I have not refrained my lips, O LORD, thou knowest.

See the precepts in the book of HEBREWS 10:7 Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God.

8 Above when he said, Sacrifice and offering and burnt offerings and offering for sin thou wouldest not, neither hadst pleasure therein; which are offered by the law;

9 Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second.

10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

Don't twist it I never told you that fasting was a sin. what i kicked against is the doctrine of ASH WEDNESDAY.

it means you don't understand the bible precepts upon precepts, I

SAIAH 28: 9 Whom shall he teach knowledge? and whom shall he make to understand doctrine? them that are weaned from the milk, and drawn from the breasts.
10 For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little:

PSALMS 119:4 Thou hast commanded us to keep thy precepts diligently.

96 I have seen an end of all perfection: but thy commandment is exceeding broad.

97 MEM. O how love I thy law! it is my meditation all the day.

98 Thou through thy commandments hast made me wiser than mine enemies: for they are ever with me.

99 I have more understanding than all my teachers: for thy testimonies are my meditation.

100 I understand more than the ancients, because I keep thy precepts.

101 I have refrained my feet from every evil way, that I might keep thy word.

102 I have not departed from thy judgments: for thou hast taught me.

103 How sweet are thy words unto my taste! yea, sweeter than honey to my mouth!

104 Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way.

105 NUN. Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

106 I have sworn, and I will perform it, that I will keep thy righteous judgments.

MATTHEW 13: 52 Then said he unto them, Therefore every scribe which is instructed unto the kingdom of heaven is like unto a man that is an householder, which bringeth forth out of his treasure things new and old.
Re: The Significance Of Ash Wednesday in the Christian faith by EdifiedHebrew: 5:55pm On Mar 12, 2019
asuustrike1:

When you explain kindly explain in details instead of quoting scriptures out of point. At least make reference like I do on my articles

All the scriptures i gave to you, so you couldn't comprehened single one? it's a pity. Hebrews 5:12 For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat.

13 For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe.

14 But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

I deal with the prophecies from the scriptures to prove my points .

I don't deal with vain deceits & meaningless references. If you don't understand you are completely lost and you are not among his sheep.

COLOSSIANS 2:"8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.

PROVERBS 8:4 Unto you, O men, I call; and my voice is to the sons of man.

5 O ye simple, understand wisdom: and, ye fools, be ye of an understanding heart.

6 Hear; for I will speak of excellent things; and the opening of my lips shall be right things.

7 For my mouth shall speak truth; and wickedness is an abomination to my lips.

8 All the words of my mouth are in righteousness; there is nothing froward or perverse in them.

9 They are all plain to him that understandeth, and right to them that find knowledge.
Re: The Significance Of Ash Wednesday in the Christian faith by EdifiedHebrew: 6:06pm On Mar 12, 2019
asuustrike1:

Your reference is based on your own understanding which is an abomination.

PROVERBS 3:1 My son, forget not my law; but let thine heart keep my commandments:

2 For length of days, and long life, and peace, shall they add to thee.

3 Let not mercy and truth forsake thee: bind them about thy neck; write them upon the table of thine heart:

4 So shalt thou find favour and good understanding in the sight of God and man.

5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

7 Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil.

8 It shall be health to thy navel, and marrow to thy bones.
Re: The Significance Of Ash Wednesday in the Christian faith by Nobody: 6:54pm On Mar 12, 2019
EdifiedHebrew:

Your reference is based on your own understanding which is an abomination.

PROVERBS 3:1 My son, forget not my law; but let thine heart keep my commandments:

2 For length of days, and long life, and peace, shall they add to thee.

3 Let not mercy and truth forsake thee: bind them about thy neck; write them upon the table of thine heart:

4 So shalt thou find favour and good understanding in the sight of God and man.

5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

7 Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil.

8 It shall be health to thy navel, and marrow to thy bones.
Your analysis is too poor you don't need to quote all the verses to drive a point hence it is void. Please kindly leave this thread because it is for mature minds
Re: The Significance Of Ash Wednesday in the Christian faith by EdifiedHebrew: 8:14pm On Mar 12, 2019
asuustrike1:

Your analysis is too poor you don't need to quote all the verses to drive a point hence it is void. Please kindly leave this thread because it is for mature minds

Stop pushing false doctrine and stop bearing false witness against the scriptures.

Stop perverseness of the scriptures for your own good & for the good of your soul.

PROVERBS 11:3 The integrity of the upright shall guide them: but the perverseness of transgressors shall destroy them.

PROVERBS 8:13 The fear of the LORD is to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate.

35 For whoso findeth me findeth life, and shall obtain favour of the LORD.

36 But he that sinneth against me wrongeth his own soul: all they that hate me love death.

SHALOM.
Re: The Significance Of Ash Wednesday in the Christian faith by Nobody: 8:20pm On Mar 12, 2019
EdifiedHebrew:

Stop pushing false doctrine.
Mr man I didn't force you to believe the doctrines,if you are not comfortable with it please leave. You can't force your doctrinal believe on anyone. The messages were targeted at those whom it may concise and they responded.
Re: The Significance Of Ash Wednesday in the Christian faith by EdifiedHebrew: 8:28pm On Mar 12, 2019
asuustrike1:

Mr man I didn't force you to believe the doctrines,if you are not comfortable with it please leave. You can't force your doctrinal believe on anyone. The messages were targeted at those whom it may concise and they responded.

Stop pushing false doctrine and stop bearing false witness against the scriptures.

Stop perverseness of the scriptures for your own good & for the good of your soul.

PROVERBS 11:3 The integrity of the upright shall guide them: but the perverseness of transgressors shall destroy them.

PROVERBS 8:13 The fear of the LORD is to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate.

35 For whoso findeth me findeth life, and shall obtain favour of the LORD.

36 But he that sinneth against me wrongeth his own soul: all they that hate me love death.

SHALOM.
Re: The Significance Of Ash Wednesday in the Christian faith by Nobody: 9:01pm On Mar 12, 2019
To whom it may concern
As we embark on this journey of forty days fast let's look at these verses from the bible from Matthew 6:25- 34

"25 Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?

26 Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?

27 Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature?

28 And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin:

29 And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.

30 Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith?

31 Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?

32 (For after all these things do the Gentiles seeksmiley for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.

33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

34 Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

From the above verses we can see that we shouldn't kill ourselves on things of life instead we should look up to Jesus the author and finished of our faith. We should seek God's kingdom and to worry about the things of life. We should avoid things that would move us from the faith.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Significance Of Ash Wednesday in the Christian faith by UbiPetrus: 2:46pm On Mar 13, 2019
OnyesomJ:
Were was it written in the Bible about Ash Wednesday.
Same page where Nairaland is written.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Logical Fallacies Of Richard Dawkins / Qualification For Heaven / Actress Eucheria Disgrace Pastor Ituah Ighadalo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 164
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.