Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,837 members, 7,831,715 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 03:24 AM

Dubai Or Nigeria? - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Dubai Or Nigeria? (31395 Views)

Dubai Or Vietnam Which Is Better To Hustle? / This Is Not Dubai Or Heathrow, This Is The New Oshodi BRT Bus Terminal - Photos / Dubai Or Kuwait? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dubai Or Nigeria? by Nicklaus619(m): 12:14pm On Mar 04, 2019
Oracle55:
Please i need your candid advice, i have been able to raise 800k and for now am left with two choices, am a graduate and the only son of my mom so i need a better life.

Pls i have an agent who will do for me a work visa for a security job in Dubai, salary 220k, i will pay a total of 800k for the visa and flight.

Please is it adviseable i travel or i use the money and rent a house here in nigeria. I have searched for job for over 3 years here in lagos all to no avail.

Please how is life in Dubai? What are your suggestions, should i go or stay.

Pls mods help me move to front page

Though if u have chosen dubai Goodluck bro, but even if I am given a free visa to dubai, I ain't going, if I am in your shoes I will rather go to canada, they have highest minimium wage, and u have chance of landing a mouth watering job there with you certificate, canada is strictly for hustlers and those with carrier goals. Dubai in the other hand is not.. Nah only menial jobs dey there, highly over hyped I have friends in Dubai and I have friends and a brother in canada... So I have had testimonies and advice from both sides.... Chose well bro, may God redirect ya footsteps in your choice.. cool

5 Likes

Re: Dubai Or Nigeria? by Logictinz: 12:15pm On Mar 04, 2019
Like someone said, raise more money b4 leaving Niaja Incase things turn sour over there. Most of this agents are evil I mean it. I was recently a victim still trying to find my feet. This idiot of a guy collected #900,000 from me only to go and do tourist visa for me. I questioned this but he blabbed about d job waiting for me and that’s how it’s done, and that when I get there, the coy will do a work permit for me.Getting to Dubai, accommodation I no c, work I no c. For me to get where to stay I had to pay 100dollars for one month(5 guys for one room)... Now I am stranded trying to get a job. The evil agent even blocked my line, can’t WhatsApp him, he doesn’t take his calls if he does not no whose calling. Just be careful is all I can advise. Some people are really wicked.

5 Likes

Re: Dubai Or Nigeria? by ThinkWISELY(m): 12:15pm On Mar 04, 2019
KingSatan:
MY SON, THAT AGENT JUST WANTS TO SCAM YOU.

DUBAI IS NOT WHAT IT USED TO BE.

FILIPINOS HAVE INFILTRATED THE PLACE AND EMPLOYERS PREFER THEM TO BLACKS.

WITH THAT AMOUNT YOU CAN VISIT DUBAI AND TRY YOUR LUCK ALL BY YOURSELF WITHOUT THE HELP OF AN AGENT.

SEARCH NAIRALAND OR ASK JUSTI4JESU

Lol, which one is my son again grin

2 Likes

Re: Dubai Or Nigeria? by Rosay15(f): 12:15pm On Mar 04, 2019
Uglyaddy:

Hope he listen.I was in Dubai few years ago for VAC,what my eyes saw mouth cant say.
Imagine 16 men in 1 room.
The sun during summer is just like hell fire.
... I dey tell u bro, not easy in Dubai as people say it bt some won't listen. I wish him all d best sha
Re: Dubai Or Nigeria? by dominique(f): 12:15pm On Mar 04, 2019
Beware! The grass is NOT always greener on the other side

Most of these agents are either frauds or human traffickers. They will lure you to those Middle Eastern countries with mouth watering offers only to sieze your passport and subject you to modern day slavery. A lot of people that been lured to do petty jobs over there manage to escape and return with nothing but tales of their sordid experience. If you want to travel, make proper enquires from their embassies or the travel section here. Don't ever make the mistake of going through agents to secure a job in another country

2 Likes

Re: Dubai Or Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:16pm On Mar 04, 2019
My friend who earned 30k for 3 years did same this . Today he don build shops and a house now. Abeg go
Re: Dubai Or Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:17pm On Mar 04, 2019
dominique:
Beware! The grass is NOT always greener on the other side

Most of these agents are either frauds or human traffickers. They will lure you to those Middle Eastern countries with mouth watering offers only to sieze your passport and subject you to modern day slavery. A lot of people that been lured to do petty jobs over there manage to escape and return with nothing but tales of their sordid experience. If you want to travel, make proper enquires from their embassies or the travel section here. Don't ever make the mistake of going through agents to secure a job in another country
for dubai thats the only way o. Where u wan see arab wey go employ u na. Females are d onces at risk not males
Re: Dubai Or Nigeria? by Acidosis(m): 12:17pm On Mar 04, 2019
I have an issue with the Salary. You don't go about converting foreign currencies to Naira. Will you spend 220k Naira in Dubai? Have you thought about the cost of goods in Dirhams, Dubai's currency?

Convert N220k to Dirhams and check the cost of goods, rent, etc. in Dirham's before you leave.

4 Likes

Re: Dubai Or Nigeria? by PRINCEVICKEY: 12:18pm On Mar 04, 2019
pastor....na now u wan spoil everytin......one of my cousin that dated two guys back den .....after prayer dey said one is gud and other is not gud.... she went for the pastor spiritual advice....the wedding did not last 1yr...is over 7 yrs nw dey have separated....so wetin d pastor see?

Jacktheripper:
Go and ask your pastor. Nairaland will give you confused answers.

1 Like

Re: Dubai Or Nigeria? by Olotito77: 12:18pm On Mar 04, 2019
My dear friend and brother, don't go. You ll suffer their and ll be a slave, as it seem like a scam.
If you get any invite to Oman for male or female , that's the capital of slave trade in the world at the moment.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dubai Or Nigeria? by padre4p: 12:19pm On Mar 04, 2019
Pls bro... don't go to any dubia .... dubia na scamfor hustlers. ... no job of 220k there ooo... I've been to dubia and i will tell you that your agent dey lie.... i don't comment here but for the sake of your 800k DO NOT GIVE THAT AGENT ANY MONEY OOOO...please na beg i dey beg you... you can use yout money buy honda EOD 2004 join taxify it Will pay you more and have mind rest... heart attack is real

17 Likes

Re: Dubai Or Nigeria? by princegeo(m): 12:21pm On Mar 04, 2019
My brother follow your mind joor

No mind all these nairaland ppl o
They will just confuse you
But if I'm to advise you , you can just give it a trial bro. Just make sure you now the agent you are working with or you will be duped

But please is ATIKU still going to court pls
I'm not in Nigeria now
I left same day same flight with obasanjo ����
Re: Dubai Or Nigeria? by kasshoggi(m): 12:21pm On Mar 04, 2019
Leave Lagos to a city where things are more affordable - Ibadan or Abeokuta is a good choice. Akure isn't bad too. You can go into farming with half that money if you can look for partners to share a cheap plot of land with or you can rent land in some places. Cucumber Farming, Ewedu farming and more.

In no time, you'll do well if you're hardworking.

By the way, the Agriculture section on nairaland has those that may help.

All the best!

1 Like

Re: Dubai Or Nigeria? by Waterlrd: 12:23pm On Mar 04, 2019
Oracle55:
Please i need your candid advice, i have been able to raise 800k and for now am left with two choices, am a graduate and the only son of my mom so i need a better life.

Pls i have an agent who will do for me a work visa for a security job in Dubai, salary 220k, i will pay a total of 800k for the visa and flight.

Please is it adviseable i travel or i use the money and rent a house here in nigeria. I have searched for job for over 3 years here in lagos all to no avail.

Go and find petty business to start here in Nija and you will be surprise in what you has been missing.
Nigeria is the best country in the world to make fast money because we have developing and fluctuating economy . Just think.
In any business that you will be getting bulk supplies from suppliers will always offer you TRADE CREDIT and thereby making you a big boy in no long time. No country is better than Nigeria if you have good business ideas. Don't waste your 800k on travel, it will not pay you.

4 Likes

Re: Dubai Or Nigeria? by TANID(m): 12:25pm On Mar 04, 2019
Oracle55:

First Of All Leave Lagos State And Go To Any Other State That's More Peacful To Invest That Money Maybe poultry Or Rabbit Business

2 Likes

Re: Dubai Or Nigeria? by SimplePlan34: 12:27pm On Mar 04, 2019
I had d same amount and wanted to leave but I hv seen so many ppl loose it all for scams. I myself I hv been scammed dis happened last year. I almost took my life. My advice is find a business u can start. With Dat money den when u have raised Dat capital again u can think of traveling. Most jobs in Dubai are not as juicy as advertised in nigeria. Men if u loose it all d pain would be too much on u oo. Note the investment must not be a tantalizing one just one u are sure of getting ur money back.

2 Likes

Re: Dubai Or Nigeria? by vivimak: 12:28pm On Mar 04, 2019
Dear poster ,

please pray about it and do what your heart tells you afterwards and of course be careful about the agent who wants to help you .thanks
Re: Dubai Or Nigeria? by Offpoint1: 12:29pm On Mar 04, 2019
Yinxies:
You don’t have a job in the last 3 years and you raised 800k? How?
He was olosho-inggrin

1 Like

Re: Dubai Or Nigeria? by toplinetrtrend: 12:32pm On Mar 04, 2019
Oracle55:

My friend that went to Dubai last year is rushing to come back to Nigeria. He was deceived by an agent that he would get job and make a lot of money in the UAE, but the promises never materialized. Now, he is coming back to Nigeria after raising 150k, which is not even up to 1/5th of what he had spent on flight and agent fees, not to talk of accommodation and feeding. He said igbo boys have spoilt the opportunities of many Nigerians over there through petty theft and most people have misgivings about hiring a Nigerian.

Bro, be wise. The grass is not always greener on the other side.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dubai Or Nigeria? by frostmate2: 12:33pm On Mar 04, 2019
Oracle55:

Do you trust this agent of yours, how are you sure he is genuine or fake. Agent scam is common. Another option you can consider is getting a three month visa and search for jobs yourself. You will most likely not spend up to 800,000, naira, there is no guarantee you will get job but imagine losing all your money to a fake agent.

1 Like

Re: Dubai Or Nigeria? by makemillions: 12:36pm On Mar 04, 2019
I have been there bro. Security job jn Dubia is not easy my brother. But I can tell you it's better than this naira hustle. You have to be ready to work because no job in dubai is easy. And secondly you can never get a job visa. That agent is a scam. He will get you a 3 months visa and when you get there you will start applying for jobs. My sincere advice is you get the 3 months visa for about 250k. Rent a hostel when you get there and start searching for job. U will meet some Nigerians that may help you.permanent Stay cost a lot. They company you are working for will do it for you. For more info. Contact me

2 Likes

Re: Dubai Or Nigeria? by Harlarbiz01(m): 12:37pm On Mar 04, 2019
Oracle55:

If you can make 800k in Nigeria bro, I think you can make 800M in Nigeria thou Dubai is better and faster to make it huge but you know Nigeria better so why taking the risk of where you don’t know with all your hard earned money ... work more , earn more and then you can risk part of your money so you can have something to fall back on Incase it flops .. my opinion �
Re: Dubai Or Nigeria? by dominique(f): 12:38pm On Mar 04, 2019
Joromi12:
for dubai thats the only way o. Where u wan see arab wey go employ u na. Females are d onces at risk not males

Who told you males are not at risk of human trafficking? You think trafficking it's all about prostitution?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dubai Or Nigeria? by Hadampson(m): 12:42pm On Mar 04, 2019
Koolking:
Nigeria all the way.

I only care about overseas for holidays, school and visit. Permanent stay is a NO for me.

There is life in Nigeria. In overseas you live like a fugitive, you hear siren, you scamper. You can never legalized your papers to enjoy the same rights as citizens.

With N800,000, I will generate a fortune in no time in Nigeria. Laziness and desperation makes us think of overseas as countries with streets paved with golds.

Wrong 100%

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dubai Or Nigeria? by Hadampson(m): 12:43pm On Mar 04, 2019
Sincinnati:
USA or Ireland with N800,000

I wonder oo cheesy
Re: Dubai Or Nigeria? by Investmentfreak: 12:44pm On Mar 04, 2019
Canme4u:
Can't you start business here in naija instead of dabbling into an unfamiliar terrain?

Honestly there's no business

1 Like

Re: Dubai Or Nigeria? by Investmentfreak: 12:48pm On Mar 04, 2019
padre4p:
Pls bro... don't go to any dubia .... dubia na scamfor hustlers. ... no job of 220k there ooo... I've been to dubia and i will tell you that your agent dey lie.... i don't comment here but for the sake of your 800k DO NOT GIVE THAT AGENT ANY MONEY OOOO...please na beg i dey beg you... you can use yout money buy honda EOD 2004 join taxify it Will pay you more and have mind rest... heart attack is real

I love you for this bro

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

FG To Begin Dry Run Ahead Of Domestic Flights Resumption / The Ten Worst Places To Live In The World / The Proposed 4th Mainland Bridge: Top 10 Facts You Should Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.