Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,901 members, 7,814,049 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:35 AM

When Last Did You Visit Beautiful Badagry - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / When Last Did You Visit Beautiful Badagry (1231 Views)

You Won't Understand Nigeria's Situation Until You Visit An Embassy / Safety Tips Whenever You Visit A Hotel / When Last Did You Travel To The Village? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Last Did You Visit Beautiful Badagry by zillonnair(m): 1:27pm On Mar 04, 2019
Tourism in Nigeria is gradually picking up. We at Backapckers Lagos are committed in promoting tourism in Nigeria and indeed all of Africa. This passion and zeal for selling made in Nigeria tourism packages took us to Badagry over the weekend, precisely 2nd - 3rd March, 2019.

A total of 30 backpackers set out on a tourism trip to QBrat Zoo in Oke-Afo, on Badagry Expressway, The zoo is one of the initiative of the Lagos State botanical gardens and forest conservation drive. It boast of some animals and wildlife, pictures of which i will be sharing. The CEO of the Zoo is Prince Raji doubles as the Secretary of the Zoological Association of Nigeria. A very upright and diligent man!

The zoo gets an average of 50 - 100 visitors every weekend, mostly school children and foreign tourists. So they were delighted to host adult Nigerians who were genuinely interested in wildlife and also to use their facility for camping.

The zoo has very lovely landscape, serene and peaceful environment, adorned with quality guest house (very affordable) and a swimming pool (mostly suitable for kids though). We had an amazing time at the zoo as Prince Raji took us round pointing to the various wildlife in the zoo from Hyena to Jackal, Python, Crocodile, Chameleon, Geese, Monkeys, Camel, donkey and host of others.

Getting to the zoo on Saturday, we used the alternative route of Surulere - Akowonjo - Lasu to get into Badagry expressway after getting to know of the traffic on the usual Mile 2 expressway. Within 2hrs however, we arrive at the zoo from Constain. So i will advise whenever you want to visit Badagry to ensure you check the traffic report using google maps to plan your trip accordingly.

We stayed at the zoo all night and had different event during the course of the night. At first we started with a team bonding exercise, then moved on to games, story telling etc. At midnight, our born fire started, this is something you must experience if you live in Lagos. The born fire lasted from 11pm - 4am with everyone fully engaged in the games for the night.

We then set out on Sunday morning with some light exercises and then proceeded to the Badagry slave route. The team visited the first story building in Nigeria, first primary school in Nigeria, museums and the point of no return.

The most lovely part of the weekend was getting to meet new and amazing people and level of interactions involved.

Enjoy the pictures...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When Last Did You Visit Beautiful Badagry by zillonnair(m): 2:26pm On Mar 04, 2019
signpost of the zoo

1 Like

Re: When Last Did You Visit Beautiful Badagry by zillonnair(m): 2:38pm On Mar 04, 2019
Some animals

2 Likes

Re: When Last Did You Visit Beautiful Badagry by zillonnair(m): 2:40pm On Mar 04, 2019
Campers

2 Likes

Re: When Last Did You Visit Beautiful Badagry by zillonnair(m): 2:41pm On Mar 04, 2019
still inside the zoo

Re: When Last Did You Visit Beautiful Badagry by zillonnair(m): 2:45pm On Mar 04, 2019
swings

Re: When Last Did You Visit Beautiful Badagry by ngozionefeli: 2:48pm On Mar 04, 2019
Sunset at Qbrat Zoo

Re: When Last Did You Visit Beautiful Badagry by Emmyk(m): 5:10pm On Mar 04, 2019
smiley
Re: When Last Did You Visit Beautiful Badagry by Dapaborealties: 6:50pm On Mar 04, 2019
It was a very fun experience, beautiful scenery, lovely atmosphere and awesome company of backpackers, we had a nice tour and great conversations, I enjoyed every bit of it, looking forward to next time.
Re: When Last Did You Visit Beautiful Badagry by mecuryf(f): 7:13pm On Mar 04, 2019
grin so much fun on this trip
The Boat ride to point of no return at badagry slave village was a discovery.
Its something every one should experience.
Thanks to everyone who came around.
Re: When Last Did You Visit Beautiful Badagry by TheProf7: 7:30pm On Mar 04, 2019
It is always amazing to discover new places, one that steals you away from the hustle of the mad busy Lagos environment and hide away in total bliss with the company of amazing people. I have travelled with other tour companies but Backpackers Lagos which is an NGO improving tourism in Nigeria as a tool for sustainable development; they are amazing and certainly know what they are doing... It was another amazing time camping and learning new things and meeting new people and most of all getting to understand the importance of local tourism growth... Thank you Backpackers Lagos... This was worth every penny and more.
Re: When Last Did You Visit Beautiful Badagry by TheProf7: 7:39pm On Mar 04, 2019
Amazing times with fun loving and adventurous people... Thank you Backpackers Lagos

Re: When Last Did You Visit Beautiful Badagry by moshoodn(m): 8:18pm On Mar 04, 2019
What's the rough cost estimate for the trip..

Thanks.
Re: When Last Did You Visit Beautiful Badagry by leonard002(m): 8:20pm On Mar 04, 2019
why una nor call me

1 Like

Re: When Last Did You Visit Beautiful Badagry by Mizwisdom(f): 8:31pm On Mar 04, 2019
Enjoyment grin
Re: When Last Did You Visit Beautiful Badagry by ngozionefeli: 10:37pm On Mar 04, 2019
Mk I waka pass grin

Re: When Last Did You Visit Beautiful Badagry by Gforce2019: 10:47pm On Mar 04, 2019
Supposing I know , I for go o!
Abi now... Make I go try my luck....

Maybe I catch fish ....
Okay, if nah dey go next time make una call us o! No be to just dey show us pictures...nah who picture EP?
Re: When Last Did You Visit Beautiful Badagry by Chiiagozie: 11:26pm On Mar 04, 2019
First time going on a camping trip and it was totally fun and worth it. From spending a day at Q-brat socializing and having so much fun, I am glad for the new friends I have made. Then going to the slave museum at badagry I learnt a whole lot of new stuffs, and the boat trip to the point of no return and finally the beach. wink. I am really glad I came I hope to go on more trips. #backpakerslagos smiley Thanks for the good time.

2 Likes

Re: When Last Did You Visit Beautiful Badagry by Tinoofresh: 11:42pm On Mar 04, 2019
This was an amazing experience

Re: When Last Did You Visit Beautiful Badagry by zillonnair(m): 7:41am On Mar 05, 2019
moshoodn:
What's the rough cost estimate for the trip..

Thanks.

6k or more
Re: When Last Did You Visit Beautiful Badagry by leksymaxy(m): 11:55am On Mar 05, 2019
zillonnair:

6k or more
bro u fall my hand, why u no call me now. Any way whatsapp 08105543265 for ur next trip.i will like to go
Re: When Last Did You Visit Beautiful Badagry by moshoodn(m): 11:57am On Mar 05, 2019
zillonnair:

6k or more

Thanks...

I actually meant the cost of the whole trip.. Transport, feeding, lodging, access to fun spots, etc.

Thanks.
Re: When Last Did You Visit Beautiful Badagry by zillonnair(m): 3:06pm On Mar 05, 2019
leksymaxy:
bro u fall my hand, why u no call me now. Any way whatsapp 08105543265 for ur next trip.i will like to go

you can find us on IG @backpackerslagos or on facebook.com/backpackerslagos.

We also have a whatsapp group, you can contact me for more info on 07080419898
Re: When Last Did You Visit Beautiful Badagry by zillonnair(m): 3:07pm On Mar 05, 2019
moshoodn:

Thanks...

I actually meant the cost of the whole trip.. Transport, feeding, lodging, access to fun spots, etc.

Thanks.

yeah, for some that's the total cost. Inclusive of transportation. We are non-for-profit tourism promotion group. You will find us 10x cheaper and much more fun than traditional tour operators.

(1) (Reply)

3 Best Ways To Migrate To Canada / Daycation At Tarkwa Bay Beach, Lagos / Delay In Printing Passport (nigeria Immigration)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.