Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,204 members, 7,836,003 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:04 PM

Nigeria Overtakes Egypt As Largest Rice Producer In Africa’ - Agriculture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Nigeria Overtakes Egypt As Largest Rice Producer In Africa’ (40099 Views)

Nigeria Now No1 Rice Producer In Africa / Nigeria Overtakes Egypt As Largest Rice Producing Food Item In All Of Africa / Lagos To Complete Largest Rice Mill In Sub-saharan Africa Early 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Overtakes Egypt As Largest Rice Producer In Africa’ by akiOYIBO: 9:31pm On Mar 04, 2019
If this is true then a bag of rice should be N2000 in Nigeria. So I ask, where is d rice? If the whites can travel all the way from Britain to say the bloody and jihadist elections of the animals in Nigeria is credible, free and fair. How come a hungry, sinking fulani man in Benin Republic. Same way they told u they're out of recession grin
Mad people, animals.
Re: Nigeria Overtakes Egypt As Largest Rice Producer In Africa’ by donvicky2007: 9:31pm On Mar 04, 2019
NOC1:

For the past 6 months the Rice I am eating is locally made and processed in Nigeria.
No sand, charf and does not spoil over the night.
God bless Nigeria.

You aren't far from the truth go to the market what you will see is local rice, even the rice bagged in foreign rice bags are all local rice.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Overtakes Egypt As Largest Rice Producer In Africa’ by NOC1(m): 9:31pm On Mar 04, 2019
lexy2014:

Has ebonyi not been producing rice b4 2015?

He asked for confirmation and I showed him.
Re: Nigeria Overtakes Egypt As Largest Rice Producer In Africa’ by lexy2014: 9:32pm On Mar 04, 2019
Myde4naija:
why not, ask from your friend up north to confirm.

If you stayed in the south you will agree with me that we are not doing enough when it come to agriculture.

I don't need 2 ask my friend from up north. Am asking u. What are ur findings?

How are we not doing enough in d south when it comes to agriculture?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Overtakes Egypt As Largest Rice Producer In Africa’ by Clean2016: 9:33pm On Mar 04, 2019
Lymasaba:

Stores, Kitchen , belly , toilet bowl or simply ask google

They query good news but accept bad news with joy so that they say we told you

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Overtakes Egypt As Largest Rice Producer In Africa’ by Effiongdbest: 9:33pm On Mar 04, 2019
lexy2014:

Has ebonyi not been producing rice b4 2015?

Don't mind him.Ebonyi rice has been a very popular brand in Nigeria from onset before the birth of the Jihadist occupying Asorock.

"Abakaliki rice"

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Overtakes Egypt As Largest Rice Producer In Africa’ by Guruindahouse(m): 9:33pm On Mar 04, 2019
If you know you know. War-ravaged Rwanda of those days is developing exponentially recently, and we are here celebrating rice production. We deserve better!
Isoduwa:
Mumu people na rice Una dey overtake last time Zimbabwe beat Nigerian for the most valuable passport

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Overtakes Egypt As Largest Rice Producer In Africa’ by lexy2014: 9:35pm On Mar 04, 2019
NOC1:

He asked for confirmation and I showed him.

U did well by confirming that u have local rice at home. Am not against what u did. Now based on d report as presented in d article, was ebonyi not producing rice b4 2015?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Overtakes Egypt As Largest Rice Producer In Africa’ by quickberry(m): 9:35pm On Mar 04, 2019
Afonja007:
Nigeria Are funny people, USA is world biggest producer of beef meat there in America you will eat meat till your fat like yokozuna but here in Nigeria you will hear something like this, Nigeria is African biggest rice producer for you to see the rice na mirage

You are actually living in a dungeon, not Nigeria
Re: Nigeria Overtakes Egypt As Largest Rice Producer In Africa’ by kay29000(m): 9:35pm On Mar 04, 2019
Ijaycool:
This is true.
I wish to congratulate the Government who initiated the route that led to this.

Although let's not over blow it, it was embarrassing that Egypt produces more than us.
1. Nigeria is like 13 times more populated than Egypt hence we normally should gap them wella.
2. Rice is a more primary food in Nigerian diet than Egyptians. It's like congratulating Lagos for making more Amala than Enugu does.

Lol. Funny analogy.
Re: Nigeria Overtakes Egypt As Largest Rice Producer In Africa’ by quickberry(m): 9:36pm On Mar 04, 2019
wildernessVoice:

There is nothing like hate.
We want to see affordable rice in the market and not claim of large production.

Go and play with sand
Re: Nigeria Overtakes Egypt As Largest Rice Producer In Africa’ by donvicky2007: 9:36pm On Mar 04, 2019
lexy2014:

It's true how? How can we b producing 4million tonnes& all we c in market stalls is Thailand?

Those Thailand rice you are buying in the market 70% of them are local rice bagged in foreign rice bag, that is how rice sellers make large profits because they know that we preferred foreign rice to local rice, moreover you can't distinguished some local rice from their foreign counterpart.
Re: Nigeria Overtakes Egypt As Largest Rice Producer In Africa’ by suratwo62: 9:36pm On Mar 04, 2019
chudez0147:
Since i borrowed #400 from MTN, they keep sending me messages like recharge #400 and win 3 houses in Lekki.

They think i don't have sense abi?
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy Dont mind them.
Re: Nigeria Overtakes Egypt As Largest Rice Producer In Africa’ by Isoduwa(m): 9:38pm On Mar 04, 2019
Guruindahouse:
If you know you know. War-ravaged Rwanda of those days is developing exponentially recently and we are here celebrating rice production. We deserve better!
Re: Nigeria Overtakes Egypt As Largest Rice Producer In Africa’ by lexy2014: 9:38pm On Mar 04, 2019
donvicky2007:

Those Thailand rice you are buying in the market 70% of them are local rice bagged in foreign rice bag, that is how rice sellers make large profits because they know that we preferred foreign rice to local rice, moreover you can't distinguished some local rice from their foreign counterpart.

So were u there when they were rebagging d 70% of local rice into brand new branded stallion bags? Who told u that local rice& foreign is indistinguishable?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Overtakes Egypt As Largest Rice Producer In Africa’ by Mcy56(f): 9:39pm On Mar 04, 2019
adecz:
grin grin grin Ghost rice!!
And Bubu thinks all is true.
Its available in markets with remarkable improvement, they just need to keep working on making it much better.
Re: Nigeria Overtakes Egypt As Largest Rice Producer In Africa’ by AmTruth: 9:39pm On Mar 04, 2019
Jamestown123:
But bag of rice is still 14 to 15k
it was more than 25k before now. So expect more drop in price as production continues to improve.
Re: Nigeria Overtakes Egypt As Largest Rice Producer In Africa’ by PeterUdeme: 9:39pm On Mar 04, 2019
Amossity:
When we are importing rice, we obtain it as low as 8k to 8500 per bag, now we are producing and even overtaking base on our naira land reporter and rice is still being sold at 19k to 19500 per back.. Brother Buhari abeg how you take calculate am... NXT level calculation or wat

Do you know that the price of dollar will affect the price other all commodities?
Re: Nigeria Overtakes Egypt As Largest Rice Producer In Africa’ by jideflash(m): 9:39pm On Mar 04, 2019
Same here. We dont even read properly anymore to comprehend the fact before we start adding sentiments, taking sides in political fights wey no concern us.
shame
Guruindahouse:
Egypt was producing 4.3 tonnes annually but production has reduction by almost 40 percent this year, attributed to the Egyptian government decision to limit cultivated to preserve water resources

Am I the only one that read the reason why we overtook rice production in Egypt?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Overtakes Egypt As Largest Rice Producer In Africa’ by Effiongdbest: 9:39pm On Mar 04, 2019
lexy2014:

So were u there when they rebagging d 70% of local rice into brand new branded stallion bags? Who told u that local rice& foreign is indistinguishable?

Don't mind them, they are Sai Barber zomb**s
Re: Nigeria Overtakes Egypt As Largest Rice Producer In Africa’ by chiedozie198100: 9:40pm On Mar 04, 2019
keep overtaking and let's keep dying of hunger.

big fools.
Re: Nigeria Overtakes Egypt As Largest Rice Producer In Africa’ by vince2016(m): 9:42pm On Mar 04, 2019
Joromi12:
except for ofada i have never seen local rice in the market na

because they are well branded now. Olam rice is made in Nigeria. No different with the foreign ones.
Re: Nigeria Overtakes Egypt As Largest Rice Producer In Africa’ by Mcy56(f): 9:42pm On Mar 04, 2019
Myde4naija:
go to the north you will definitely be convinced that this news isn't fake at all.
Very correct. Its circulating and becoming popular in the north even among the elites.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Overtakes Egypt As Largest Rice Producer In Africa’ by eluquenson(m): 9:44pm On Mar 04, 2019
Scam and lies.
That was how Jonathan deceived gullible Nigerians that there is cassava bread everywhere.

Who has eaten the rice here?
Lake rice I know is imported rice, packaged in Nigeria. If truly the production of rice is real, yes we have locally made rice here, but the rice can't feed Lagos for just a day.

Nigerians and the way they hug lies be like 5 & 6.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Overtakes Egypt As Largest Rice Producer In Africa’ by Ijaycool(f): 9:44pm On Mar 04, 2019
Eeser:

13 times take style too much sha.
Just reduce small.

I meant 3, no mind me. I have fixed it.
Re: Nigeria Overtakes Egypt As Largest Rice Producer In Africa’ by mchc1001: 9:45pm On Mar 04, 2019
my friend you don't know what you are talking, can you just google the population of Egypt before you came here to disgraced yourself

Ijaycool:
This is true.

Although let's not over blow it, it was embarrassing that Egypt produces more than us.
1. Nigeria is like 13 times more populated than Egypt hence we normally should gap them wella.
2. Rice is a more primary food in Nigerian diet than Egyptians. It's like congratulating Lagos for making more Amala than Enugu does.

Meanwhile what a rational government should do, is instead of banning importation of rice, make Nigerian rice better, cheaper and healthier, then let's see how Thai rice will sell.
...but a government of Cows will close the boarder against rice which is primary Nigerian diet, without putting in place facilities that will carter for the shortage.
Hence they import rice illegally through unthinkable unethical, even poisonous process.
Laslas na to kill us been dey their mind
Re: Nigeria Overtakes Egypt As Largest Rice Producer In Africa’ by vince2016(m): 9:46pm On Mar 04, 2019
If Nigeria should triple her rice production quantity, it will not be sufficient, if relatively affordable, to meet the Nigerian market demand.
#Keep it up
Re: Nigeria Overtakes Egypt As Largest Rice Producer In Africa’ by GreenArrow2: 9:46pm On Mar 04, 2019
Bodingo:

Lets confirm your claim, can you snap the bag or the rice and upload the picture asap

I really don't understand how you guys can't find Ngerian stone-free rice in the market? Who dey eat foreign rice these days? Stone-free sweet rice is bae.
Re: Nigeria Overtakes Egypt As Largest Rice Producer In Africa’ by Myde4naija(m): 9:46pm On Mar 04, 2019
Joromi12:
except for ofada i have never seen local rice in the market na
in Abeokuta, Nigeria rice dey kuto market just ask for it u will definitely get it
Re: Nigeria Overtakes Egypt As Largest Rice Producer In Africa’ by Ijaycool(f): 9:46pm On Mar 04, 2019
mchc1001:
my friend you don't know what you are talking, can you just google the population of Egypt before you came here to disgraced yourself

I already replied someone to state that I meant 3, not 13. No vex
Re: Nigeria Overtakes Egypt As Largest Rice Producer In Africa’ by Barzinime(m): 9:47pm On Mar 04, 2019
And you think you are wiser than the people in government?
If they continue allowing importation do you think people will want to go into rice agriculture?
If you even think Buhari is dumb, give the Vice an element of doubt.
Stop sitting in the corner of your room & start criticising, you have no knowledge of what is going on
Ijaycool:
This is true.

Meanwhile what a rational government should do, is instead of banning importation of rice, make Nigerian rice better, cheaper and healthier, then let's see how Thai rice will sell.
...but a government of Cows will close the boarder against rice which is primary Nigerian diet, without putting in place facilities that will carter for the shortage.
Hence they import rice illegally through unthinkable unethical, even poisonous process.
Laslas na to kill us been dey their mind

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Overtakes Egypt As Largest Rice Producer In Africa’ by chidooh1: 9:48pm On Mar 04, 2019
I refuse to be brainwashed, height of APC propaganda

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

My Indoor Aloe Vera Farm Has Been A Success So Far *pictures* / Two Nigerians Go Into Agriculture Because Of Economic Hardship. Pictures / Akwa Ibom Coconut Oil Factory To Commence Operation Tomorrow (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.