Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,148 members, 7,811,274 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:02 AM

Yobo Joins Fernabaché On Loan - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Yobo Joins Fernabaché On Loan (3932 Views)

Gideon Yobo And Wife Welcome Baby (photos) / Joseph Yobo Poses With His Two Sons / Stoke Signs Victor Moses On Loan From Chelsea (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yobo Joins Fernabaché On Loan by shadrach77: 2:23am On Aug 31, 2010
Yobo to join West Ham

| Print | E-mail

Tuesday, 31 August 2010

NIGERIA defender, Joseph Yobo will join up with fellow Super Eagles star Obinna Nsofor at English Premier League side West Ham on a six-month loan from Everton.

MTNFootball.com was exclusively informed by a source close to the Everton of England star.

“Yobo will wrap up his loan deal with West Ham later on Monday.”

Nsofor is also at Upton Park on a season-long deal with a view to make this permanent at the end of the term.

Yobo teamed up with Everton in 2002 on loan from Olympique Marseille.

The 29-year-old Yobo has lost his place in the Everton first team and has not hidden his desire to quit the Goodison Park outfit as a result.

Speculations were rife that the central defender will make a switch north of the border.

He will join up with Nigeria today for this weekend’s Nations Cup qualifier against Madagascar in Abuja.
Re: Yobo Joins Fernabaché On Loan by tkb417(m): 11:45am On Aug 31, 2010
he should be playing with Peterborough
Re: Yobo Joins Fernabaché On Loan by honeric01(m): 12:09pm On Aug 31, 2010
Less than average players!!!
Re: Yobo Joins Fernabaché On Loan by yousouph(m): 12:56pm On Aug 31, 2010
This shows how Yobo has gone down in form
Re: Yobo Joins Fernabaché On Loan by Kinezeala(m): 1:19pm On Aug 31, 2010
make cardiff city buy am na.
Re: Yobo Joins Fernabaché On Loan by GNBohr: 2:12pm On Aug 31, 2010
what a shame to nigeria football. to think they still consider them relevant to the national team. but what do you expect when there is no new wonder kid on the bloc. The current September edition of dish africa magazine profile six risinf stars of african football and not one single nigerian is mentioned.

the new kids on the bloc in africa according to dish africa magazine is as follows:

Vincent Aboubakar (Cameroon), plays for Valenciennes in French Ligue 1. he is only 18

Kwadwo Asamoah (Ghana), plays for Udinese in Italy. he is 21

Andre Ayew (Ghana), plays for Olympic Marseille in France. he is also 21

Ryad Boudebouz (Algeria), plays for Sochaux in France. he is just 20

Nicolas N'koulou (Cameroon), plays for Monaco in France. he is also 20

Jonathan Mensah (Ghana), plays also for Udinese in Italy. he is only 20.

Where are our own youngsters. it is no wonder we have not a single name on parade when we are in the habit of parading over 30s as under 17s.

Yobo is claimed to be jus 28, but we all know he is close to 35 and above. so he is only fit for retirement football, unfortunately nigerian players dont have the discipline and ptofessional attributes of Ryan Giggs and paul Scholes to remain in the top flight.

Where are the following national team players plying their trade?

Obafemi Martins
Seyi Olofinjana
Sanni Kaita
Obinna Nsofor, four coaches rejected him at Inter
Yusuff Ayila
Peter Osaze
John Utaka
Kalu Uche
IK Uche
Yussuf Mohammed
Danny Shittu
Yakubu-ed Ayegbeni
All others I cant remember their names now.

Answers to these will tell you the position of our football and expectations you should have from our Super (Chikens)/Papa Eagles.
Re: Yobo Joins Fernabaché On Loan by stagger: 2:27pm On Aug 31, 2010
The beginning of the end.
Re: Yobo Joins Fernabaché On Loan by honeric01(m): 2:52pm On Aug 31, 2010
And when Amodu said we had average players, alot of Nigerians kept calling the man names, why didn't the good coaches in each of these player's clubs turn them to world class players? why?
Re: Yobo Joins Fernabaché On Loan by aieromon(m): 3:10pm On Aug 31, 2010
You see what foolish pride does. . . .
Check out the Ivorien team and ours,so humble and play for big clubs.We only have Mikel who i hope does not get sent to the bench by Ramires.
Let's stop talkin' about overspent players and look for potential legends under the radar like Peter Utaka.
Re: Yobo Joins Fernabaché On Loan by snowdrops(m): 3:16pm On Aug 31, 2010
This information is wrong.

Just reported in the daily mail that he has joined FERNABAHCE in turkey on loan

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1307710/Evertons-Joseph-Yobo-joins-Fenerbahce-loan.html?ito=feeds-newsxml
Re: Yobo Joins Fernabaché On Loan by snowdrops(m): 3:18pm On Aug 31, 2010
gone are the days when nigerian players featured regularly for the tops european clubs, the ajax, inter milan, ac milan, juventus, etc.
Re: Yobo Joins Fernabaché On Loan by misterh(m): 3:45pm On Aug 31, 2010
Yak to follow,
Re: Yobo Joins Fernabaché On Loan by yemmight(m): 3:57pm On Aug 31, 2010
He will go there and add to their woes. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Yobo Joins Fernabaché On Loan by sylve11: 4:09pm On Aug 31, 2010
to be frank, that guy hasn't play any sweet footy since his inception in to the national side. silly boy, kwara united please make a bid angry grin cool
Re: Yobo Joins Fernabaché On Loan by naso2(m): 4:33pm On Aug 31, 2010
sylve11:

to be frank, that guy hasn't play any sweet footy since his inception in to the national side. silly boy, kwara united please make a bid angry grin cool

That is untrue. In Korea japan 2002 and mali 2002, he was one of our best players, right from the qualifying rounds till the mundial proper. When he signed for everton, he was named the premiership player of the month in his first four matches. In Korea he played as DM,RB,CB in the three different matches and did excellently.

I think its a good move for him, he will surely have better playing time.

For those saying we no longer have players in the big european clubs, i need to state that even during our best run, we never really had players in big clubs. Aside finidi and kanu in ajax and taribo in inter and AC, Babayaro in chelsea. All our players have played in average or very weak european teams. Oliseh was a benchwarmer when he tried a big club like Juve. bring on your facts.
Re: Yobo Joins Fernabaché On Loan by montelik(m): 4:44pm On Aug 31, 2010
honeric01:

And when Amodu said we had average players, alot of Nigerians kept calling the man names, why didn't the good coaches in each of these player's clubs turn them to world class players? why?

Dont mind them. Naija fans just hate d guy with passion. I am sure for some of them, if they were about to fall to their death and Amodu was the only person there who could help, they would choose to wait for someone else and die or jump down and kill themselves rather than accept his help.  grin
Re: Yobo Joins Fernabaché On Loan by bisiaet: 4:46pm On Aug 31, 2010
I wish him the best of luck I wouldnt want to say anything bad about him because one way or the other he has played well for the nation and his clubs in the past but the only issue with him right now is that his career in soccer has got to the limit and the hay days are gone all he need to do is just to play for a couple of season and just honourable sign out and focus on raising his family. Age is no more on his side as such anylonger so their is little left of him in field of soccer that is the truth but he has done his best for the country and his club.
Re: Yobo Joins Fernabaché On Loan by Nobody: 4:57pm On Aug 31, 2010
shadrach77:

Yobo to join West Ham

| Print | E-mail

Tuesday, 31 August 2010

NIGERIA defender, Joseph Yobo will join up with fellow Super Eagles star Obinna Nsofor at English Premier League side West Ham on a six-month loan from Everton.

MTNFootball.com was exclusively informed by a source close to the Everton of England star.

“Yobo will wrap up his loan deal with West Ham later on Monday.”

Nsofor is also at Upton Park on a season-long deal with a view to make this permanent at the end of the term.

Yobo teamed up with Everton in 2002 on loan from Olympique Marseille.

The 29-year-old Yobo has lost his place in the Everton first team and has not hidden his desire to quit the Goodison Park outfit as a result.

Speculations were rife that the central defender will make a switch north of the border.

He will join up with Nigeria today for this weekend’s Nations Cup qualifier against Madagascar in Abuja.

Wikipedia says he is in Fernabache as at this morning

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Yobo
Re: Yobo Joins Fernabaché On Loan by naso2(m): 5:15pm On Aug 31, 2010
honeric01:

Forget that talk, we never had world class players even in 1994,however any good coach should be able to assemble this players and play our unique and highly intelligent brand of football that makes us difficult to beat ,even by the world class teams.

Tell me who was the world class player in 1994?
Re: Yobo Joins Fernabaché On Loan by Kinezeala(m): 5:16pm On Aug 31, 2010
ok at least that turkish club is better off than west ham sha.
Re: Yobo Joins Fernabaché On Loan by blackwood(m): 5:19pm On Aug 31, 2010
Abeg stop posting fake news, Yobo is heading to fenerbahce.
Re: Yobo Joins Fernabaché On Loan by naso2(m): 5:21pm On Aug 31, 2010
^^^^^^^^^^^

yea, I just saw it too. its fenerbahce.
Re: Yobo Joins Fernabaché On Loan by nomoreface: 5:28pm On Aug 31, 2010
GNBohr:

what a shame to nigeria football. to think they still consider them relevant to the national team. but what do you expect when there is no new wonder kid on the bloc. The current September edition of dish africa magazine profile six risinf stars of african football and not one single nigerian is mentioned.

the new kids on the bloc in africa according to dish africa magazine is as follows:

Vincent Aboubakar (Cameroon), plays for Valenciennes in French Ligue 1. he is only 18

Kwadwo Asamoah (Ghana), plays for Udinese in Italy. he is 21

Andre Ayew (Ghana), plays for Olympic Marseille in France. he is also 21

Ryad Boudebouz (Algeria), plays for Sochaux in France. he is just 20

Nicolas N'koulou (Cameroon), plays for Monaco in France. he is also 20

Jonathan Mensah (Ghana), plays also for Udinese in Italy. he is only 20.

Where are our own youngsters. it is no wonder we have not a single name on parade when we are in the habit of parading over 30s as under 17s.

Yobo is claimed to be jus 28, but we all know he is close to 35 and above. so he is only fit for retirement football, unfortunately nigerian players dont have the discipline and ptofessional attributes of Ryan Giggs and paul Scholes to remain in the top flight.

Where are the following national team players plying their trade?

Obafemi Martins
Seyi Olofinjana
Sanni Kaita
Obinna Nsofor, four coaches rejected him at Inter
Yusuff Ayila
Peter Osaze
John Utaka
Kalu Uche
IK Uche
Yussuf Mohammed
Danny Shittu
Yakubu-ed Ayegbeni
All others I cant remember their names now.

Answers to these will tell you the position of our football and expectations you should have from our Super (Chikens)/Papa Eagles.

Whispers have it that Yaks is going on a season long loan to Wikki tourists!!! grin

Which makes Mikel and maybe Taye Taiwo the only Nigerians playing professional football abroad!
na wa oo!!
Re: Yobo Joins Fernabaché On Loan by nomoreface: 5:33pm On Aug 31, 2010
na_so:

Forget that talk, we never had world class players even in 1994,however any good coach should be able to assemble this players and play our unique and highly intelligent brand of football that makes us difficult to beat ,even by the world class teams.

Tell me who was the world class player in 1994?

Bros, Finidi was world class then!

Keshi, Amokachi, Okey Uche where not far behind!!!
Re: Yobo Joins Fernabaché On Loan by emibros: 5:51pm On Aug 31, 2010
stop posting fake shit around !! i wonder how the moderators could be so fictional about stories they put on the front page !!

joseph yobo has just signed for turkish giant fenerbache !!! if you want prove here it is :-

http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer-zone/2010/08/31/2096981/everton-agree-to-let-joseph-yobo-join-fenerbache-report
Re: Yobo Joins Fernabaché On Loan by naso2(m): 6:08pm On Aug 31, 2010
nomoreface:

Bros, Finidi was world class then!

Keshi, Amokachi, Okey Uche where not far behind!!!

Yes Finidi  was ok.

But others never played for any club near world class.

Keshi------anderlect,strasbourg
amokachi--- club bruggs, everton(played as supersub through out),besiktas
okey uche----- brondby(denmark), Fernabache

Oya tell me wetin world class for dis clubs?
Re: Yobo Joins Fernabaché On Loan by Parnassuss(m): 7:59pm On Aug 31, 2010
Yobolingo, man don retire.
Re: Yobo Joins Fernabaché On Loan by yousouph(m): 8:23pm On Aug 31, 2010
What about OLUYOLE WARRIOR
Re: Yobo Joins Fernabaché On Loan by snowdrops(m): 8:37pm On Aug 31, 2010
and the moderators/poster still has it as west ham on front page.

beggars belief.
Re: Yobo Joins Fernabaché On Loan by orangemen: 9:01pm On Aug 31, 2010
i v said it and i am still going to say it over and over again.
the only news that enjoys publicity in nigeria and nairaland are negative news.
if u look through nairaland, u will see more of negative and false news.
sometimes i think ppl here are more of saddist and enemies of progress.
i know saying things like this will bring banning to this my new id but like before, i will just get a new one without delays.

@poster,
i will suggest u go and electrocute yourself.
wether yobo join heartland or calabar rovers, does that put u on the same platform with him?
what is the best way to make nigerians happy?
when mikel joined chelsea, most saddists like u were asking why he joined big club instead of starting from the scracth. many of u were saying he joined chelsea for money. today according to u and your fake source, yobo has joined west ham, what is the problem with west ham? are u saying those playing in west ham are basket ball players?
what is bad in a player who has been in everton since 2002(8yrs) to change club.
anyways, go and look for the real sportsnews before u come here to expose your ignorance

Joseph Yobo [Everton - Fenerbahce] Loan
Re: Yobo Joins Fernabaché On Loan by kris1985(m): 9:52pm On Aug 31, 2010
Re: Yobo Joins Fernabaché On Loan by manosteel(m): 10:16pm On Aug 31, 2010
West Ham is a good rehabilitation centre. Olofinjana and his brother Aigbeni should go there also.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Photo- Ronaldinho All Smiles After £40,000 Teeth Operation / Chelsea’s Ross Barkley Is Looking For His Nigerian Father. / Nigeria Vs Iran Friendly Squad List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.