Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,729 members, 7,820,523 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:28 PM

Failure To Replace Ronaldo's Goals Is Real Madrid's Biggest Problem- Modric - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Failure To Replace Ronaldo's Goals Is Real Madrid's Biggest Problem- Modric (25703 Views)

Thomas Müller: “Against Messi Things Always Go Well, CR7 Was Our Biggest Problem / Wenger: Hazard Isn't Man To Replace Ronaldo, He Won't Score 50 Goals A Season / Hazard & Van Dijk Replace Ronaldo As FIFA 20 Cover Stars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Failure To Replace Ronaldo's Goals Is Real Madrid's Biggest Problem- Modric by ogbiwa: 5:50am On Mar 05, 2019
Real Madrid's failure to replace Cristiano Ronaldo's goals has contributed to their struggles this season, says midfielder Luka Modric.

Real, chasing a fourth European title in a row, host Ajax in the second leg of their Champions League last-16 tie on Tuesday having won 2-1 in Amsterdam.

But they come into the game on the back of three consecutive home defeats - including two by Barcelona last week.

"Given what he did for us and this club, we miss Cristiano," said Modric.
Ronaldo was top scorer, or joint top scorer, in the past six Champions League seasons. He scored a club record 450 goals in nine years before his £99m summer move to Juventus.

But they failed to sign a big-money replacement and only three of their players have scored more than five goals this season - Karim Benzema (20), out-of-favour Gareth Bale (13) and centre-back Sergio Ramos (11).

They have lost three of their last four games, 2-1 to Girona, 3-0 to Barcelona in the Spanish Cup semi-final second leg and 1-0 to Barca in La Liga to leave them 12 points off top.

"The club wanted the other players to make up for what Ronaldo did, divided between the strikers and that is not easy," Modric said.

"Cristiano scored 50 goals and you can't find someone today who scores that many. Some of us have to take a step forward and, while not scoring 50, what we need is two or three players who score 15, 20, or 10 goals and we don't have that.

"That is our biggest problem this year. For example against Barca in the cup we had many chances and when you don't take advantage your opponent punishes you."

Real captain Ramos starts a two-game ban for "for clearly receiving a yellow card on purpose" during the first leg - which the Spanish side were fortunate to win, while midfielder Marcos Llorente is injured.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/47442879

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Failure To Replace Ronaldo's Goals Is Real Madrid's Biggest Problem- Modric by logon599: 5:52am On Mar 05, 2019
True. I said it before. For someone who has been a top football executive for many years, Florentino Perez acted with the naivety of a 5 year old with the whole Ronaldo issue. How can you sell your top scorer for the past 8-9 years and expect that goals will start falling from heaven without an equally top replacement? Foolish from Perez. With Ronaldo's exit, the fear factor around RM is gone. Who knows if this Perez foolishness was what Zidane saw ahead and decided to leave with his honor intact.

Get your professional Architectural designs from as low as 25k and from any location. Contact me through my signature below or checkout my profile for more of my job samples. Thanks

143 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Failure To Replace Ronaldo's Goals Is Real Madrid's Biggest Problem- Modric by davibid: 6:11am On Mar 05, 2019

Two players (CR7 & Messi) have conquered the football world for over a decade and you were opportuned to have one of them but because of whatever reason you began treating him like a nobody and worse of all, you just let him go without any back up plan, for heavens sakes which of their players were they expecting to stepping into the CR7 shoes, Bale or Benz etc I laugh in Chinese grin grin grin

Please someone should tell Perez that changing coach like wrapper is not the solution abeg.

Madrid never see anything sef. Rubbish

Abeg Hit like if you think Madrid will go trophiless this season grin

#KINGBID

251 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Failure To Replace Ronaldo's Goals Is Real Madrid's Biggest Problem- Modric by Jestin: 6:13am On Mar 05, 2019
If it is not Rolando, it can’t be like him

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Failure To Replace Ronaldo's Goals Is Real Madrid's Biggest Problem- Modric by sotall(m): 6:14am On Mar 05, 2019
grin grin

1 Like

Re: Failure To Replace Ronaldo's Goals Is Real Madrid's Biggest Problem- Modric by Nobody: 6:14am On Mar 05, 2019
cool

19 Likes

Re: Failure To Replace Ronaldo's Goals Is Real Madrid's Biggest Problem- Modric by zolaman(f): 6:14am On Mar 05, 2019
What you get when you don't think.

8 Likes

Re: Failure To Replace Ronaldo's Goals Is Real Madrid's Biggest Problem- Modric by Nobody: 6:14am On Mar 05, 2019
angryangry angry angry

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Strive for excellence. Be the best in what you do..

I want to be better than my contemporaries....

Gawd this guy left and his shoes are just too big for every player's feet for now....

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Failure To Replace Ronaldo's Goals Is Real Madrid's Biggest Problem- Modric by Timekeeper: 6:14am On Mar 05, 2019
Messi is your problem and ronaldo can't help you out. Even when he was there, una dey chop 5 0 for mourinho presence...
...hala Madrid fans, abeg don't kill me with this ur mentions

. Shey I cannot comment in peace again

I love you Amatarasha

31 Likes 5 Shares

Lols.. Modric to Juventus confirmed then.

1 Like

Re: Failure To Replace Ronaldo's Goals Is Real Madrid's Biggest Problem- Modric by creatorsverse(m): 6:15am On Mar 05, 2019
If a team as big as Madrid can't feel the absence of a player as big as Ronaldo then Madrid is not big enough and ronaldo is not big enough

In the end I'm still a madrid fan 13 times better
Halla Madrid

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Failure To Replace Ronaldo's Goals Is Real Madrid's Biggest Problem- Modric by rentAcock(m): 6:15am On Mar 05, 2019
Without C. Ronaldo, real madrid has no chance. You would think that after everything he did for the club, the Spaniards will appreciate his effort, instead they charged him for tax evasion. Modric is pretty good, he proved his worth in the worldcup and won the ballon D but we should not forget that in 1994 Rashidi Yekini became the first Nigerian player to score in the world cup tournament where we defeated Bulgaria 3-0.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Failure To Replace Ronaldo's Goals Is Real Madrid's Biggest Problem- Modric by Gosj01(m): 6:16am On Mar 05, 2019
Hmmmm

Am the right guy you need concerning laptops. With over 100+ sales, you can't go wrong buying laptop from me.

More information in signature.

https:///2348084202609
Re: Failure To Replace Ronaldo's Goals Is Real Madrid's Biggest Problem- Modric by fredoooooo: 6:16am On Mar 05, 2019
You dont see Messi and Ronaldo consistency everyday

By the way you players should buckle up , Messi didn't even score in the last two classicos and Barca won , you all should take responsibilities.... players go and come , Team remain the same

4 Likes

Re: Failure To Replace Ronaldo's Goals Is Real Madrid's Biggest Problem- Modric by Lxxl: 6:16am On Mar 05, 2019
but they replaced him with a Courtois naaa grin

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Failure To Replace Ronaldo's Goals Is Real Madrid's Biggest Problem- Modric by obembet(f): 6:17am On Mar 05, 2019
logon599:
True. I said it before. For someone who has been a top football executive for many years, Florentino Perez acted with the naivety of a 5 year old with the whole Ronaldo issue. How can you sell your top scorer for the past 8-9 years and expect that goals will start falling from heaven without an equally top replacement? Foolish from Perez. With Ronaldo's exit, the fear factor around RM is gone. Who knows if this Perez foolishness was what Zidane saw ahead and decided to leave with his honor intact.

Get your professional Architectural designs from as low as 25k and from any location. Contact me through my signature below or checkout my profile for more of my job samples. Thanks

I still don't understand how thean play his politics
Re: Failure To Replace Ronaldo's Goals Is Real Madrid's Biggest Problem- Modric by Topmaike007(m): 6:17am On Mar 05, 2019
I know all will be well soon...

Hala Madrid

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Failure To Replace Ronaldo's Goals Is Real Madrid's Biggest Problem- Modric by shaklisco(m): 6:17am On Mar 05, 2019
Madrid Bleep up big time

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Failure To Replace Ronaldo's Goals Is Real Madrid's Biggest Problem- Modric by Nobody: 6:17am On Mar 05, 2019
cheesy Ronaldo will forever remain a legend. I thought the Real Madrid players won't admit this. Barcelona seems to have brought them back to factory reset.

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Failure To Replace Ronaldo's Goals Is Real Madrid's Biggest Problem- Modric by QuickStandard: 6:19am On Mar 05, 2019
Ronaldo will surely be missed in real Madrid for a very long time.

You can't replace his goals.

Except you are Messi.

Take away Ronaldo goals, and Madrid will have only 9 champions league trophy

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Failure To Replace Ronaldo's Goals Is Real Madrid's Biggest Problem- Modric by Innoskysky: 6:19am On Mar 05, 2019
It pains me a lot to see Real Madrid struggling, though I'm a Ronlado fan I supported real Madrid because of Ronaldo but the passion is still there. Replacing him will take time but it was a mistake to let him go. Perez should have get a replacement while Rinaldo is still there.

15 Likes

Re: Failure To Replace Ronaldo's Goals Is Real Madrid's Biggest Problem- Modric by dante0147: 6:19am On Mar 05, 2019
World best that can say this type of things about another player is that one world best?

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Failure To Replace Ronaldo's Goals Is Real Madrid's Biggest Problem- Modric by Nobody: 6:19am On Mar 05, 2019
Timekeeper:
Messi is your problem and ronaldo can't help you out. Even when he was there, una dey chop 5 0 for mourinho presence...

angry angry angry

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

That wasn't the bone of contention.... Just because he cited Barcelona as an instance...

He is talking about the team's current weakness....

Nobody is contesting Barca Realmadrid ego head-on.. or Messi Ronaldo...

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

7 Likes

Re: Failure To Replace Ronaldo's Goals Is Real Madrid's Biggest Problem- Modric by Mccullum: 6:23am On Mar 05, 2019
That Perez is a blunder to R. Madrid if not how a reasonable football administrator will allow his top scorer for 9 good year to leave without trying to persuade him just because of ego and stupidity of self pride at detriment of the club 's progress.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Failure To Replace Ronaldo's Goals Is Real Madrid's Biggest Problem- Modric by Iscoalarcon: 6:24am On Mar 05, 2019
I can confirm this bro
Re: Failure To Replace Ronaldo's Goals Is Real Madrid's Biggest Problem- Modric by Amberon11: 6:24am On Mar 05, 2019
When your goat knows the real goat.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Failure To Replace Ronaldo's Goals Is Real Madrid's Biggest Problem- Modric by Iscoalarcon: 6:26am On Mar 05, 2019
After two consecutive clasico home loses, Real Madrid are going to be elimininated today by Ajax for the first time since 2015 abi how you see am lesbianboy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Failure To Replace Ronaldo's Goals Is Real Madrid's Biggest Problem- Modric by Nobody: 6:27am On Mar 05, 2019
logon599:

sell or he wanted to go

1 Like

Re: Failure To Replace Ronaldo's Goals Is Real Madrid's Biggest Problem- Modric by Nobody: 6:27am On Mar 05, 2019
RONALDO......

GREATEST OF ALL TIME

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Failure To Replace Ronaldo's Goals Is Real Madrid's Biggest Problem- Modric by Nobody: 6:28am On Mar 05, 2019
Timekeeper:
shocked
Re: Failure To Replace Ronaldo's Goals Is Real Madrid's Biggest Problem- Modric by Joshmodest(m): 6:29am On Mar 05, 2019
I don't know what Perez was thinking , he probably was hoping Asensio , would from nowhere become a goal machine , or Vinicius jnr, would start scoring 20 goals , or maybe Benzema that has been a second hand striker ,would start banging in goals ....
You let your main goal scorer of about 6 yrs leave your team , and there's no replacement..had they bought Kane , Icardi, Mbappe, or Griezmann,they would still feel the effects of Ronaldo's exit, but at least there would be a slight difference... creating chances with no body to score is baseless.. Messi is just having a swirl time against Real .....

15 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Asisat Oshoala Celebrates Her 24th Birthday (Photos) / Cynthia Uwak Survives Ghastly Accident (Photos) / Super Eagles 23 Man List To South Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.