Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,424 members, 7,819,532 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:38 PM

Ndlea Arrests Woman With 1.525kg Of Cocaine - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Ndlea Arrests Woman With 1.525kg Of Cocaine (3859 Views)

NDLEA Arrests Woman Pregnant With Cocaine / NDLEA Arrests Woman For Currency Trafficking In Lagos (pictured) / NDLEA Arrests Woman Who Inserted Heroin In Private Part, & Ingested Others (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ndlea Arrests Woman With 1.525kg Of Cocaine by oladayo042: 7:16am On Aug 31, 2010
The National Drug Law Enforcement Agency has arrested a London-based Nigerian spinster, Okpala Ifeoma, with 1.525kgs of a substance that tested positive to cocaine at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos.

A statement by the Head, Public Affairs, NDLEA, Mr. Mitchel Ofoyeju, on Monday, said the 37-year-old suspect was arrested during the screening of passengers on Arik Air’s flight to London at the weekend.

The concealed narcotics were discovered on her through a body frisk, according to the statement.

He said, “NDLEA’s checks uncovered that she ingested 20 wraps of the drugs weighing 300 grammes while 54 wraps weighing 1.225kgs were packed and worn by her as diaper.”

According to the agency, Okpala is a 1997 graduate of Banking and Finance Department of the Enugu State University of Science and Technology.

“While under observation, she successfully excreted the drugs she ingested. She is from Anambra State but has been working in London for five years as a support worker in a mental home. The suspect allegedly smuggled the drug for a fee of 5,000 with which she intend to holiday in the United States,” the statement said.

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art20100831352350
Re: Ndlea Arrests Woman With 1.525kg Of Cocaine by 1759(m): 12:14pm On Aug 31, 2010
oladayo042:

The suspect allegedly smuggled the drug for a fee of 5,000 with which she intend to holiday in the United States,” the statement said.

Of all the reasons in the world
Re: Ndlea Arrests Woman With 1.525kg Of Cocaine by Nobody: 12:48pm On Aug 31, 2010
shocking!
Re: Ndlea Arrests Woman With 1.525kg Of Cocaine by SamMilla1(m): 12:52pm On Aug 31, 2010
She didnt settle before departure.
Re: Ndlea Arrests Woman With 1.525kg Of Cocaine by emmydee(m): 1:17pm On Aug 31, 2010
Sam Milla:

She didnt settle before departure.

yes o, she simply did not settle b4 departure!
Re: Ndlea Arrests Woman With 1.525kg Of Cocaine by samtheman: 1:33pm On Aug 31, 2010
Dont mind them, are u sure is not more than 1.525kg?
Re: Ndlea Arrests Woman With 1.525kg Of Cocaine by segzicres(m): 1:35pm On Aug 31, 2010
can u imagine!!! she'll spend her holidays in jail.
Re: Ndlea Arrests Woman With 1.525kg Of Cocaine by 2makesense: 1:58pm On Aug 31, 2010
I guess it has been made easy 4 her, free holiday trip to the prison wink
Re: Ndlea Arrests Woman With 1.525kg Of Cocaine by bisiaet: 2:14pm On Aug 31, 2010
Oh Heaven! when will these drug peddlers learn for God sake? In this present world somebody with normal frame of mind still belief he or she can escape carrying drugs in this manner? This is a pure madness, I can not understand why prison yard will just sit on its own and people keep on searching for it this is crazy indeed.

Can a reasonable thinking person say she carried drugs because she wanted to go for holiday U.S is this an excuse or is she acting comedy? Because I cant understand what that excuse mean in a living world. Anyway at least she will have a nice holiday at the prison yard as she can not make it to America at least she will make it to prison yard and that is nice holiday home a good sight seen. Idiot!!!!!!!!!
Re: Ndlea Arrests Woman With 1.525kg Of Cocaine by hauler: 3:36pm On Aug 31, 2010
People still do this mess?? shocked shocked
Re: Ndlea Arrests Woman With 1.525kg Of Cocaine by cripnip(m): 3:45pm On Aug 31, 2010
she did it for 5,000 what?
Re: Ndlea Arrests Woman With 1.525kg Of Cocaine by Nobody: 3:50pm On Aug 31, 2010
Re: Ndlea Arrests Woman With 1.525kg Of Cocaine by sylve11: 4:10pm On Aug 31, 2010
lol @ all comments grin cool
Re: Ndlea Arrests Woman With 1.525kg Of Cocaine by Nobody: 4:40pm On Aug 31, 2010
even NDLEA's way isn't pure. . . I guess they only arrest folks who fail to bribe them. . . angry grin
Re: Ndlea Arrests Woman With 1.525kg Of Cocaine by jokingmary(m): 5:00pm On Aug 31, 2010
2makesense:

I guess it has been made easy 4 her, free holiday trip to the prison wink
You're funny cheesy
Re: Ndlea Arrests Woman With 1.525kg Of Cocaine by suedoh2006(m): 6:00pm On Aug 31, 2010
Let the even man forsake his evil ways. Na wah wetin people go pass through just to be rich. Enjoy your vacation time.
Re: Ndlea Arrests Woman With 1.525kg Of Cocaine by jot01(m): 6:57pm On Aug 31, 2010
When Government no Provide Job for there Citizen.

Why she no go do Ham, if she got a Job n Nigeria,she wont fall for the offer and been caught,

Na Goverment will go Blame Jareeee
Re: Ndlea Arrests Woman With 1.525kg Of Cocaine by oludashmi(f): 7:13pm On Aug 31, 2010
jot01:

When Government no Provide Job for there Citizen.

Why she no go do Ham, if she got a Job n Nigeria,she wont fall for the offer and been caught,

Na Goverment will go Blame Jareeee

Did yu read the post at all and did you see the amount she claims to earn monthly? To make matters worse, did you see what she would have done with the drug money? I think you should help her with another excuse.
Re: Ndlea Arrests Woman With 1.525kg Of Cocaine by ajileko: 7:54pm On Aug 31, 2010
Now, go ahead, blame the government for her transgression. Yes, like the reason I prostitute is because I need money for school. Old excuses.
Re: Ndlea Arrests Woman With 1.525kg Of Cocaine by jot01(m): 8:02pm On Aug 31, 2010
well, if beter Job dey her country, she no go travel and work abroad to meet anyone who will introduce her to the Business,

People travelling abroad doesn't mean they are wealthy or when you hear someone work somewhere doesn't mean she earn lot of Money,

So thats is still the case. If there Job Opporunities, she wouldnt have travel out been a graduate to work somewhere.

Doing a job wich is so dangerous for 5kpounds means she doesnt earn up to 10% of that where she works.

So, its eaither she earns peanuts and wanna upgrade her Income, lol

All the same Guys, Ole Na Ole, Thief Na Thief, lol

Cheers Pal
Re: Ndlea Arrests Woman With 1.525kg Of Cocaine by Sprumbaba: 9:49pm On Aug 31, 2010
Na Yoruba again. grin grin shocked
Re: Ndlea Arrests Woman With 1.525kg Of Cocaine by mamagee3(f): 11:17pm On Aug 31, 2010
Looks like women are now the usual drugdealers now. . .

This is just getting out of proportion, I hope this stops now before it escalates into something worse.
Re: Ndlea Arrests Woman With 1.525kg Of Cocaine by jot01(m): 1:16am On Sep 01, 2010
@ Sprumbaba,
Cant you read the Post before asking Na Yoruba again.
Mke we no talk to much here oo but no be Yoruba be the lady, i dont need to tel u where she is from, jst read the Post.

Cheers
Re: Ndlea Arrests Woman With 1.525kg Of Cocaine by Ranoscky(m): 7:34am On Sep 01, 2010
Yoruba, Ibo, Hausa, Benin, Fulani all na Nigeria! So a Nigerian was caught with 1.525kg of drugs period!!!

My happiness is dat, she was caught in Nigeria n not in UK b'cos, it would have been a different case. It won't be dat easy in UK as it's surpose to be in Ngeria. N i also believe dat she was caught b'cos she refused to settle d airport officials so dey decided to make it open. Buh don't get it twisted y'all, if she later coperate's fine with NDLEA, n after some phone calls from her DRUG BOSSES in d UK, she won't be spendin any holiday in jail. No be Naija we dey?? undecided
Re: Ndlea Arrests Woman With 1.525kg Of Cocaine by Skywalker5(m): 8:11am On Sep 01, 2010
Sprumbaba:

Na Yoruba again. grin grin shocked

dumb question.

when will u people live ur tribal ways and learn to live as one
Re: Ndlea Arrests Woman With 1.525kg Of Cocaine by bignaija(m): 11:18am On Sep 01, 2010
things are getting better but who will arrest babangida ?
Re: Ndlea Arrests Woman With 1.525kg Of Cocaine by Tamipepple: 11:26am On Sep 01, 2010
yes o! bignaija who will. and the 2011 proposal. Can u imagine.
Re: Ndlea Arrests Woman With 1.525kg Of Cocaine by nkilirox(f): 11:28am On Sep 01, 2010
I'm still amazed that NDLEA can catch anyone with drugs in our airports with their limited training and substandard screening instruments. How did a body frisk turn up a diaper full of coke? They're not supposed to touch anything but arms and legs during these frisks.
Re: Ndlea Arrests Woman With 1.525kg Of Cocaine by anitabest(f): 11:37am On Sep 01, 2010
OMG, i really pity her.
Re: Ndlea Arrests Woman With 1.525kg Of Cocaine by obiem(m): 11:46am On Sep 01, 2010
oladayo042:

According to the agency, Okpala is a 1997 graduate of Banking and Finance Department of the Enugu State University of Science and Technology.

What a shame, ESUT alumni again? few months ago, it was a similar story, God help us all.
Re: Ndlea Arrests Woman With 1.525kg Of Cocaine by Ranoscky(m): 12:57pm On Sep 01, 2010
^
Aboki, what does dat gat to do with d crime she committed?
Re: Ndlea Arrests Woman With 1.525kg Of Cocaine by ZEEMAC: 2:36pm On Sep 01, 2010
Expensive shit, innit, shocked

(1) (2) (Reply)

Baby Used For Ritual In Festac (Pic) / PHOTOS: Armed Robbers Burnt To Death In Calabar / Jungle Justice: Community Members Molesting A Suspected Palm Fruit Thief

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.