Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,071 members, 7,849,342 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 07:00 PM

The Asaba Flyover Bridge: 10 Things To Know About This Beautiful Landmark - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Asaba Flyover Bridge: 10 Things To Know About This Beautiful Landmark (37118 Views)

Iyana Iba Interchange & Flyover Bridge, Badagry Expressway, Lagos (Pictures) / Pictures Of Iyana Iba Interchange And Flyover Bridge In Lagos / Photos Of Ore Flyover Bridge In Ondo State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Asaba Flyover Bridge: 10 Things To Know About This Beautiful Landmark by adeefe: 10:00pm On Mar 05, 2019
Fly over, hmmmmmmmm where you don't even have traffic. Only in Delta State
Re: The Asaba Flyover Bridge: 10 Things To Know About This Beautiful Landmark by magicjack: 10:08pm On Mar 05, 2019
pazienza:

Your head is touching.
What does IGBO has to do with it?

Incase you don't know, Asaba is an Igbo city, and it's people and King identify as proudly Igbos.

Take your Igbo hate elsewhere.

This argument on this thread again? Biko not here nw
Re: The Asaba Flyover Bridge: 10 Things To Know About This Beautiful Landmark by magicjack: 10:10pm On Mar 05, 2019
fero007:
ure making a big mistake if ure using asaba to judge delta state as a whole, the fact that it's the capital doesn't mean it's the best city(see anambra, abia n even Nigeria as examples)

Last time I checked there are flyovers at Effurun roundabout, Refinery area, Ajamimogha area, then i think one in ughelli, so ure wrong to say delta has 3 flyovers, we don't even see flyovers or skyscrapers as achievements anymore, don't make others look down on us, we are not exactly the best but we're far better than alot of others

I still maintain that someone should mention the state they feel is better than delta let's do one on one comparism if they are sure

Rivers state grin
Re: The Asaba Flyover Bridge: 10 Things To Know About This Beautiful Landmark by fero007: 10:42pm On Mar 05, 2019
magicjack:

Rivers state grin

This will be easy cuz i live in rivers presently and tbh, though I wont argue that PH is better developed than Warri, i disagree that rivers as a whole is better than delta as a whole, the only diff btw d two is dat in rivers 90% is concentrated in PH while in delta it is spread, oya let's do the comparism
Rivers
-one international airport
-one local airport
-two refineries
-two seaports
-loads of international oil companies
-GDP per capital 3,668 dollars
-IGR 85billion
-Over 5million in population
-High standard of living
-Good stadium(liberty stadium)
-80% of the major higher institutions in rivers are in PH
-recreational(SPAR, other malls, pleasure park, Isaac boro park, the zoo, buguma beach,hotels like presidential, novotel, e. t. c)
NB-These are mostly in PH while in delta

Delta
-One international airport, asaba
-one local airport, warri
-one refinery, warri
-two seaports, warri n sapele
-loads of international oil companies, warri n sapele
-Steel making plant, warri
-Transcorp power company- ughelli
-Glass making company, ughelli
-IGR 49billion
-GDP per capita 3,990 dollars
-over 4 million in population
-High standard of living(though not as high as rivers)
-Warri and Asaba stadiums
-only 30% of the major higher institutions are in warri, they are evenly spread across asaba, abraka, oghara, agbor, ozoro, ogwashuku, patani, e. t. c
-recreational(shoprite in warri n asaba, other malls, abraka resorts, kwale game reserve, escravos beach, hotels like Wellington, golden tulip, excel)

Result: well Im not sure which is better but as you can see its a close race no mata d winner

1 Like

Re: The Asaba Flyover Bridge: 10 Things To Know About This Beautiful Landmark by obailala(m): 11:10pm On Mar 05, 2019
AutoJoshNG:

1. The Asaba flyover bridge is one of 3 flyover bridges in Delta state. The others are the Warri and Idu Flyover Bridges.

@AutojoshNG, there are 3 flyovers in Warri alone. Where did you get this statistics from?

1 Like

Re: The Asaba Flyover Bridge: 10 Things To Know About This Beautiful Landmark by EdoBozz(m): 2:11am On Mar 06, 2019
This is rubbish. Shame on the Nigerian govt. Uduagan use 8 years build one bridge for Asaba. Okowa use eight years put iron rails for the same bridge. As at two years ago when that shoprite there was being built, that bridge didn't have that iron rails.

1 Like

Re: The Asaba Flyover Bridge: 10 Things To Know About This Beautiful Landmark by EdoBozz(m): 2:15am On Mar 06, 2019
fero007:

This will be easy cuz i live in rivers presently and tbh, though I wont argue that PH is better developed than Warri, i disagree that rivers as a whole is better than delta as a whole, the only diff btw d two is dat in rivers 90% is concentrated in PH while in delta it is spread, oya let's do the comparism
Rivers
-one local airport
-two refineries
-two seaports
-IGR 85billion
-High standard of living
-recreational(SPAR, other malls, pleasure park, Isaac boro park, the zoo, buguma beach,hotels like presidential, novotel, e. t. c)

Delta
-one refinery, warri
-IGR 49million
-recreational(shoprite in warri n asaba, other malls, abraka resorts, kwale game reserve, escravos beach, hotels like Wellington, golden tulip, excel)

Result: well Im sure which is better but as you can see its a close race no mata d winner

Asaba international airport wey no dey work... Lol.

Airport wey na only once in a month you fit see say plane land or take off except say na private jet for political thieves.

1 Like

Re: The Asaba Flyover Bridge: 10 Things To Know About This Beautiful Landmark by Chidifyn77: 5:52am On Mar 06, 2019
pcagbaji:
The bridge you are seeing is the wost fly over bridge ever built.only small cars are permitted to pass on it because it is faulty and it can collapse anytime hence the restriction on heavy duty vehicle
. Its a death trap
Re: The Asaba Flyover Bridge: 10 Things To Know About This Beautiful Landmark by Chidifyn77: 5:55am On Mar 06, 2019
fero007:

Rivers
-one local airport
-two refineries
-two seaports
-IGR 85billion
-High standard of living

Delta
-one refinery, warri
-IGR 49million

Result: well Im sure which is better but as you can see its a close race no mata d winner
. Please where's the intlairport located in asaba. Cos the airport i know cant land big flights (aircraft) ...
Re: The Asaba Flyover Bridge: 10 Things To Know About This Beautiful Landmark by Justpd: 8:25am On Mar 08, 2019
Base1line:
This is how foolish Igbo flame bigotry hate across the country. No one will caution this one, the Igbo mod on duty will not flag his insultive post but we ban me cos I pointed out his failure. Other Igbos will look away until this build up and it is assumed to be true. The earlier other Nigerians realize Igbos should be shut up when they make senseless n lunatic jokes n lunatic rant about other tribe in Nigeria the beta. There are enough olosho prostitute pagan bastard fool canibals in the East hopeless Igbo can joke about n other Nigerians will understand the pix. Igbo should crack demeaning jokes about their tribe n leave other tribes in Nigeria. On a personal note I am yet to see a tribe so filled with hate bigotry n despicable people as the Eboes.

See cry baby. The only thing I'm seeing in your stupid write up is igbo igbo igbo. You get sense at all?
Re: The Asaba Flyover Bridge: 10 Things To Know About This Beautiful Landmark by otokx(m): 12:50pm On Mar 08, 2019
Delta State needs deliverance.
Re: The Asaba Flyover Bridge: 10 Things To Know About This Beautiful Landmark by fero007: 12:38pm On Mar 11, 2019
Chidifyn77:
. Please where's the intlairport located in asaba. Cos the airport i know cant land big flights (aircraft) ...

It may not be ready to contain heavy air traffic like lagos own yet, but it still takes international flights at times, when my aunt was going for pilgrimage they flew from asaba

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Barcelona Trip / 7 Passengers Injured In Ghastly Motor Accident On Third Mainland Bridge (Pix) / Lagos Boat Capsize: Pregnant Woman Dies, 16 Missing In (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.