Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,360 members, 7,864,680 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 12:10 AM

There Is No Fake Without An Original - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / There Is No Fake Without An Original (248 Views)

There Are No Fake Pastors Anywhere! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

There Is No Fake Without An Original by kullflex: 7:43am On Mar 06, 2019
This view of mine is unpopular, and I am ready for all the bashing I will get for writing this post.

A certain headline seemed to be everywhere on my newsfeed yesterday and each time I saw it, I skipped the post.

I did not read the story, and I will not read the story.

I am not interested in the details.

What bothers me, though, is that many Christians are now using what one Pastor has done to call all Pastors all sorts of names.

"All Pastors are evil";

"All Pastors are thieves";

"All Pastors are fake"; etc....

You know, sometime last year, I wanted to stop going to church.

No kidding.

I just suddenly resented the idea of going to church and when I prayed about it, I discovered that the bad things I was reading and discussing online about the wrong actions of some Pastors was responsible.

I had to retrace my steps.

Now, I don't even want to hear of what fake Pastors are doing.

For every fake Pastor, there are genuine ones.

Fake Pastors are not the standard!

Not every Pastor is sleeping around or stealing church money.

I was not born in a Christian home but when I got saved, it was a Pastor who was used by God to shape my mindset.

Pastors have added value to my own life.

There are fake Pastors but there are God's remnants too.

Not everyone has bowed to Baal.

I once lived with a Pastor uncle and his family and I saw all the sacrifices he made.

I was not even a Christian at the time.

Living with him and his family in England is what changed my mentality about Christians and Christianity.

He would receive calls from his church members sometimes at midnight and he would leave the house to go resolve their marital disputes.

Some Pastors are bad, but it's unfortunate that the good ones are not being talked about.

Pray for your Pastor, and even other Pastors.

I can bet that most of those who feed us with tales of fake Pastors don't pray for Pastors.

One day, your brother or husband or father or son or any man you love so much will become a Pastor, and you will understand how it feels to have to read things online every second about how Pastors are evil, when your own loved one is not one of the evil ones.

Pastors are human like you and me, and I am sure that you have weaknesses too.

I have mine.

A few days ago, I was driving and someone almost hit me.

Without thinking, I told him that he needed to use his brain.

Immediately I said it, I felt horrible, and I told him I was sorry.

I shouldn't have said that in the first place, but I did.

So trust me, I don't do things perfectly every second.

I still say the wrong things sometimes before calling myself to order.

I have things I am working on so I can be a better person.

I wonder how some of us have the time to deal with our own lives when all we do every second is talk about other people.

Whatever anyone does is between him and God, but like one of my dear Facebook friends wrote yesterday, if you are always falling into the hands of fake Pastors, you might also want to check yourself.

The human mind is fragile so if all you do everyday is to read of fake Pastors, you will end up resenting Pastors and even churches.

I don't believe this is the will of God.

The God who gave us Pastors and told us not to forsake the assembly of the brethren is no fool.

Guard your heart!
#Arinola BA#

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: There Is No Fake Without An Original by EmperorHarry: 8:13am On Mar 06, 2019
In this miracle and prosperity driven part of the world,the so called original pastors do fake things to keep the masses in awe

(1) (Reply)

The Naked Truth: Confession / Don't Sit Among Them!!! / The Image Of The Beast And The False Prophet Explained

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.