Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,974 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:50 AM

The Purpose Of Child Lock In Cars And How To Activate It - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Purpose Of Child Lock In Cars And How To Activate It (10177 Views)

Visiting Estranged Wife Cos Of Child / International Day For The Prevention Of Child Abuse / The Purpose Of Child Lock In Cars And How To Activate It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Purpose Of Child Lock In Cars And How To Activate It by AutoJoshNIG: 2:24pm On Mar 06, 2019
Kids will always like to try out something new wherever they find themselves; they are very curious creatures.

Kids inside a car are not exempted from being this curious. There is this tendency in them to explore several things in the car. They would love to press buttons within their reach, they would as well love to pull levers etc.

Child lock safety feature is a very important feature. Especially for those who have kids on board.

You may not know what's going on in the back seat when you're driving. Just locking the doors might not be enough. Therefore, the child lock provides second level security.

It's advisable to always use the 'child locks' in your car when you have kids riding in the back seat.

Child lock if engaged makes it impossible for the car door to be opened from inside. The door can only be opened from outside. That means you'll only open it from outside when it's safe to do so .

Another good thing about this child lock is that it is put in such a place that when the door is shut, it can’t be accessed. It can be accessed only when the door is opened.

It is very simple to use.

Open the rear door and look for where it is indicated as seen in the picture above; then push the lever towards the lock position.

I hope you find this helpful.

https://autojosh.com/purpose-child-lock-cars-how-activate-them/

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Purpose Of Child Lock In Cars And How To Activate It by hensben(m): 3:32pm On Mar 06, 2019
Very important. Thanks for the info.

1 Like

Re: The Purpose Of Child Lock In Cars And How To Activate It by HAROLDWILSON: 3:33pm On Mar 06, 2019
Ok
Re: The Purpose Of Child Lock In Cars And How To Activate It by Emmy9ite(m): 3:33pm On Mar 06, 2019
shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Purpose Of Child Lock In Cars And How To Activate It by obinna3030: 3:33pm On Mar 06, 2019
all parents must see this and apply

1 Like

Re: The Purpose Of Child Lock In Cars And How To Activate It by moscobabs(m): 3:34pm On Mar 06, 2019
H
Re: The Purpose Of Child Lock In Cars And How To Activate It by holluphemydavid(m): 3:34pm On Mar 06, 2019
Re: The Purpose Of Child Lock In Cars And How To Activate It by freemanbubble: 3:34pm On Mar 06, 2019
Okay
Re: The Purpose Of Child Lock In Cars And How To Activate It by saraki2019(m): 3:34pm On Mar 06, 2019
Nice
Re: The Purpose Of Child Lock In Cars And How To Activate It by Nobody: 3:35pm On Mar 06, 2019
Thank you auto josh... More wisdom
Re: The Purpose Of Child Lock In Cars And How To Activate It by Kendumazy(m): 3:36pm On Mar 06, 2019
Educative
Re: The Purpose Of Child Lock In Cars And How To Activate It by morgan100(m): 3:37pm On Mar 06, 2019
This child lock of a thing been don suffer me before, I mistakenly activated One of the back door when I dey wash my car, I now discover say I can't open the car from inside, I will always Have to come down To open door for passengers way I carry, I was wondering say watin dey do this door self, not until one person tell me say, oga na child lock u activate so oo. I was like.... .see my life

19 Likes

Re: The Purpose Of Child Lock In Cars And How To Activate It by ticoticotico: 3:39pm On Mar 06, 2019
I didn't know this earlier, my door couldn't open from inside, thought it was electrical fault, had to take it to electrician to fix it

Truly knowledge is power

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Purpose Of Child Lock In Cars And How To Activate It by morgan100(m): 3:44pm On Mar 06, 2019
ticoticotico:
I didn't know this earlier, my door couldn't open from inside, thought it was electrical fault, had to take it to electrician to fix it

Truly knowledge is power
Same shoes

1 Like

Re: The Purpose Of Child Lock In Cars And How To Activate It by bakarewayyy: 3:46pm On Mar 06, 2019
children need to be safe all the time
Re: The Purpose Of Child Lock In Cars And How To Activate It by grace912: 3:51pm On Mar 06, 2019
children safety is a priority.. great post
Re: The Purpose Of Child Lock In Cars And How To Activate It by wittydee: 3:52pm On Mar 06, 2019
Thanks for this post
Re: The Purpose Of Child Lock In Cars And How To Activate It by rastaraj: 3:59pm On Mar 06, 2019
have tried it now, thanks thanks... I just learnt of this
Re: The Purpose Of Child Lock In Cars And How To Activate It by uuzba(m): 4:07pm On Mar 06, 2019
grace912:
children safety is a priority.. great post
My Father's 504 Peugeot, didn't have child lock o. And me and my siblings didn't fall out of the car.

1 Like

Re: The Purpose Of Child Lock In Cars And How To Activate It by Nobody: 4:13pm On Mar 06, 2019
rastaraj:
have tried it now, thanks thanks... I just learnt of this

Wow

U sure u ain't lying?
Re: The Purpose Of Child Lock In Cars And How To Activate It by Nobody: 4:29pm On Mar 06, 2019
uuzba:

My Father's 504 Peugeot, didn't have child lock o. And me and my siblings didn't fall out of the car.
Okay Good for two of you.
Re: The Purpose Of Child Lock In Cars And How To Activate It by deepwater(f): 4:59pm On Mar 06, 2019
Lol

I remember this very well, it happened to me many years ago on my first ride.

Took my car to public car wash garage, child lock got activated there (mistakenly I believe during the drying process)

For weeks I endured the embarrassment and pains of always coming down to help people open down astern.

Vex carry motor enter one Kazeem place and told him to fix my door, he just madam I no fit collect money for your hand for this thing o, my conscience go worry me. Me just the "shidlor" dey on.

I was like what?
He said "shildlor", i couldn't understand what he was saying. I said oya show me, he did and I thanked him so much

Knowledge is power indeed

4 Likes

Re: The Purpose Of Child Lock In Cars And How To Activate It by imthealpha: 5:20pm On Mar 06, 2019
Nice

Get your designs done at an affordable price call 09079246767

Re: The Purpose Of Child Lock In Cars And How To Activate It by hope4life: 9:04pm On Mar 06, 2019
morgan100:
This child lock of a thing been don suffer me before, I mistakenly activated One of the back door when I dey wash my car, I now discover say I can't open the car from inside, I will always Have to come down To open door for passengers way I carry, I was wondering say watin dey do this door self, not until one person tell me say, oga na child lock u activate so oo. I was like.... .see my life
O ga o,no be poverty is a bastard,ignorance too is a bastard. Thank you AUTOJOSH.My car which I got August last year had been under child lock for more than three months without my knowledge.We uses to open it from outside when we couldn't do so from inside.I had wanted to take it to panel beater-nissan primera.As I just read this,I ran outside to check and discovered it was under a child lock since.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

'I reach orgasm when I breast feed my baby' - Mother (PHOTO) / Day I Impersonated A Police Officer. / Photo: Mum And Son In Disgraceful Sexy Pose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.