Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,806 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:47 AM

Hair Business In Nigeria: A Booming Industry - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Hair Business In Nigeria: A Booming Industry (14525 Views)

Start Up Human Hair Business With As Low As 50k / How To Start Human Hair Business / Fashion Business In Nigeria Is Booming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hair Business In Nigeria: A Booming Industry by MakeItBiz: 2:37pm On Mar 06, 2019
“Ever since I heard rumours of women seeing strange things after fixing weave-on, my dislike for it grew bigger. I even heard most of the hairs are collected from Indian temples where the original owners donated them to their gods. There was also a time that it was alleged that they were extracted from dead bodies of women. Whether these reports are true or not, I just cannot use them. So long people cannot see beyond physical appearance, women would still see it as a must use accessory for their everyday activities”, she said.

The beauty business keeps thriving and has continued to enjoy massive growth.

New tips and innovations to stay beautiful keep popping up every day as entrepreneurs, mostly female, are benefiting from this unimaginably profitable and constantly booming market.

Going through the explore feed on the photo sharing platform, Instagram, it is hard not to see countless hair vendors marketing their products either displaying them on hair mannequin heads or on their own heads, swinging it back and forth to convince the buyers of its lushness, fullness and silkiness while music blares in the background.

Sales of hair extension, commonly referred to as “human hair” seem to be the in-thing these days as this facet of the beauty business is becoming increasingly saturated. At least 10 out of 15 women own bundles of these hair extensions which vary in price and quality.

“There is human hair and there is human hair. I can tell you for free that most of the hair extensions being sold online are not real human hair, call them ‘advanced premium fibre.’ The genuine human hair has to do with strands from the heads of women who have more than enough to spare. Call these ones ‘donor hair.’ The latter cost an arm and a leg compared to the former because it is everlasting and does not tangle when you treat it properly”, CEO Tianah’s Hair, Tolu Oshifade, stated.

She added that her customers buy according to their capabilities. “Variety is the spice of life. You do not have to break an arm to look good. With proper maintenance, the extensions would last for a while. There are different grades of these hairs and having all in stock is good for business to help retain customers. Hair sellers are springing up every day and the competition is getting fierce. But honesty is a rare virtue in this business because most of these vendors market synthetic extensions as human hair, and that is bad for business. It is common with most of these Instagram sellers with no actual shops that cannot be traced after selling extensions that would look like chaff after a single use”.

Another seller, CEO Hairntrepreneur, Comfort Frank said “as profitable as the business seems to be, it can be emotionally draining for me, as customers who do not know how to maintain their extensions properly can sabi spoil show. Referrals are very good for business. If a lady is carrying a spongy extension all over the place and keeps mentioning to her friends that she purchased it from me, they might be sceptical about patronising me because they believe it would also turn out that way”.

“Even our natural hair requires constant maintenance let alone extensions. I sometimes add conditioning kits to their packages for free and give them tips on how to take care of the hair but it still continues that way. It is annoying when you get bad reviews knowing the kind of stress involved in travelling all the way to Vietnam to select the best strands so as to give my customers value for their hard-earned money”, she said.

While some ladies are of the belief that hair extensions give their appearances an extra allurement, others believe they are mainly for those with self-esteem issues.

“Appearance matters a lot. Some of us aren’t lucky to be blessed with strong, healthy and long natural hair. Using these different hair clip-ins boost my confidence. They also serve as protective stylings for those with ‘virgin hair’. I can afford the best and I’ll continue to use them regardless of what anyone thinks”, a consumer said.

A caterer who simply identified herself as Charity stated that she did not like hair extensions but had nothing against women who use them.

“Ever since I heard rumours of women seeing strange things after fixing weave-on, my dislike for it grew bigger. I even heard most of the hairs are collected from Indian temples where the original owners donated them to their gods. There was also a time that it was alleged that they were extracted from dead bodies of women. Whether these reports are true or not, I just cannot use them. So long people cannot see beyond physical appearance, women would still see it as a must use accessory for their everyday activities”, she said.

https://www.makeitglobal.biz/featured/hair-business-nigeria/

cc lalasticlala

3 Likes

Re: Hair Business In Nigeria: A Booming Industry by ItzBIM(m): 3:37pm On Mar 06, 2019
First 2 comment, Omo it feels better than loosing ur virginity.

Back 2 the topic, it’s booming due to the increase of gays we have now in Nigeria, both boys and girls are now making and buying hair material.

Big thanks to whites for corroding our culture and unleashing these booty lovers on us.

1 Like

Re: Hair Business In Nigeria: A Booming Industry by crunchyg: 3:37pm On Mar 06, 2019
If you are a lady here and you need money to make your hair just mention me. First come first serve

3 Likes

Re: Hair Business In Nigeria: A Booming Industry by Gabbyayo(m): 3:38pm On Mar 06, 2019
A highly competitive business and mehn these hair extension are freaking expensive!!!

6 Likes

Re: Hair Business In Nigeria: A Booming Industry by sunsplash99(m): 3:38pm On Mar 06, 2019
ok
Re: Hair Business In Nigeria: A Booming Industry by Sheungbengar(m): 3:38pm On Mar 06, 2019
Ok
Re: Hair Business In Nigeria: A Booming Industry by Houseofglam7(f): 3:39pm On Mar 06, 2019
Hmmmmmmm
Re: Hair Business In Nigeria: A Booming Industry by cr7lomo: 3:40pm On Mar 06, 2019
This is the type of things I expect women to hustle on... instead...they are looking for men to serve their bills...lazy girls

4 Likes

Re: Hair Business In Nigeria: A Booming Industry by isrealmyboy: 3:42pm On Mar 06, 2019
girls ticket to freedom
Re: Hair Business In Nigeria: A Booming Industry by Scarpon(m): 3:43pm On Mar 06, 2019
Why won't it boom? Since we all about that fake life

1 Like

Re: Hair Business In Nigeria: A Booming Industry by bakarewayyy: 3:46pm On Mar 06, 2019
it really make girls look pretty

1 Like

Re: Hair Business In Nigeria: A Booming Industry by grace912: 3:49pm On Mar 06, 2019
i do the business and its fantastic

2 Likes

Re: Hair Business In Nigeria: A Booming Industry by grace912: 3:49pm On Mar 06, 2019
there was a time i sent 300k worth of good to lagos and made more
Re: Hair Business In Nigeria: A Booming Industry by chloroform: 3:51pm On Mar 06, 2019
crunchyg winkcrunchyg
Re: Hair Business In Nigeria: A Booming Industry by Chrisjane(f): 3:52pm On Mar 06, 2019
crunchyg:
If you are a lady here and you need money to make your hair just mention me. First come first serve
Re: Hair Business In Nigeria: A Booming Industry by Nobody: 3:52pm On Mar 06, 2019
https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2012/oct/28/hair-extension-global-trade-secrets human hairs are gotten from indian temples. the priest cut off the hair as part of a ritual and later sell them to chinese business men. the black woman is a disgrace for over reliance on human air. na men dey pay most for these things. they will say its the african weather bla bla bla. but blacks in uk and usa do same crap with better weather. indian goddess fall on una.

1 Like

Re: Hair Business In Nigeria: A Booming Industry by sole26: 3:53pm On Mar 06, 2019
grace912:

Put me online pls

2 Likes

Re: Hair Business In Nigeria: A Booming Industry by MakeItBiz: 3:55pm On Mar 06, 2019
Thanks to the moderator that moved my write up to the front page. I'm truly grateful

https://www.makeitglobal.biz/
Re: Hair Business In Nigeria: A Booming Industry by dexterush(f): 3:58pm On Mar 06, 2019
crunchyg:
Crunchyg,given you a mention��
Re: Hair Business In Nigeria: A Booming Industry by folake4u(f): 3:59pm On Mar 06, 2019
Thick, long natural hair all the way for me abeg cheesy
Re: Hair Business In Nigeria: A Booming Industry by MsFaith: 4:04pm On Mar 06, 2019
crunchyg:
3rd position
Re: Hair Business In Nigeria: A Booming Industry by Mariangeles(f): 4:06pm On Mar 06, 2019
grace912:
Where do you source your products from ??
Re: Hair Business In Nigeria: A Booming Industry by crunchyg: 4:08pm On Mar 06, 2019
MsFaith:

3rd position
Whatsapp me, 070,6261,4402
Re: Hair Business In Nigeria: A Booming Industry by Yewandequeen(f): 4:23pm On Mar 06, 2019
crunchyg:

Whatsapp me, 070,6261,4402
I just hope her bill isn't too high grin
Re: Hair Business In Nigeria: A Booming Industry by flourishing247: 4:32pm On Mar 06, 2019
No hair seller beats hair by wanneka!! She's so good and popular that scammers opened several pages on Instagram to dupe people. She's the hairboss jare

1 Like

Re: Hair Business In Nigeria: A Booming Industry by Reeses: 4:35pm On Mar 06, 2019
grace912:
Hook me up man.
Re: Hair Business In Nigeria: A Booming Industry by Reeses: 4:36pm On Mar 06, 2019
Who here is interested in working for me once I open up my hair store?
Re: Hair Business In Nigeria: A Booming Industry by Neme2: 4:47pm On Mar 06, 2019
Every women need to look elegant,beautiful and smart.

Pm me for your 100% human hair

Re: Hair Business In Nigeria: A Booming Industry by LeFreakSoChic(f): 4:48pm On Mar 06, 2019
flourishing247:
No hair seller beats hair by wanneka!! She's so good and popular that scammers opened several pages on Instagram to dupe people. She's the hairboss jare

What she sells isnt human hair. Human hair is more expensive than the crap she puts on promo everytime. Those ones cost around $1000 and above.
Re: Hair Business In Nigeria: A Booming Industry by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 4:49pm On Mar 06, 2019
Reeses:
Who here is interested in working for me once I open up my hair store?

What kind of hair(s) do you want to sell?
Re: Hair Business In Nigeria: A Booming Industry by ivolt: 5:03pm On Mar 06, 2019
cr7lomo:
This is the type of things I expect women to hustle on... instead...they are looking for men to serve their bills...lazy girls
Do you have a job?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Learn How To Mix Cream Like A Pro / You Need A Wrist Watch? Check Here!!!!! / Eleberi Jerry, A Nairalander, Contesting For Mr Model Africa (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.