Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,701 members, 7,820,448 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:05 PM

Dear UN-SERIOUS Job Seeker - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Dear UN-SERIOUS Job Seeker (1474 Views)

For Every Serious Job Seeker. Get In Here! / Why You Don’t Get Interview Invites (A Must Read For All Serious Job Seeker!) / Must Read For All Fresh Graduates, Corp Members And Serious Job Seekers!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dear UN-SERIOUS Job Seeker by kalimera101: 11:44am On Mar 07, 2019
Hello Everyone,

How's Job Hunting going?

I help recruit qualified candidates into legit firms because the company I work for is a business consulting firm and in some cases, we help these businesses find suitable persons for the roles.

However, there's a clan of persons who apply for jobs that are a tad bit unserious and it's rather infuriating especially from Nairaland.

I've gotten awesome persons from here as well and I'm quite glad.

However, to the very un-serious ones, I don't understand you guys.
How will you apply for a job via email and you don't write a body in the email stating who you are and what you are applying for?
The ones their village people are following are those ones that send the emails without a SUBJECT.

As in I am not getting it. No Subject? Please, what are you looking for?

Another set, they are using their picture to fan themselves in a gathering, will not read the Job Ad which contains specific requirements such as Location, Gender and Qualifications, that shows you are not observant and highly inattentive to details.

Another Set, after being shortlisted for interview will call hours after the interview to say sorry they couldn't make it (or even worse) can't make it, and if they can reschedule. Wait!!! What?

For my company, we always do a phone interview before an invitation to the physical interview, so one question we ask is if you'll be available for a phone interview? If you say yes, please honour your word. If the day reaches and you can't make it, let us know in time, you just deprived someone else of the opportunity.

Another Set, Please make sure your CV is updated. Don't write you are proficient in Ms Word and Excel and when you arrive for a physical interview, you can't tell us 30% of 5,000.

Finally, if you are in 2019 and you are still not proficient in any social media platform then I don't know what is doing you. Then those of you that apply for Social Media Management jobs, please know the bloody job you are applying for, for Heaven's Sake.
When you are asked what are the things a business should do to grow their base on Instagram. You had better know about it. This is 2019, Jesus!!!

How can you apply for such a position and stare blankly at the interviewer and start stammering? It's infuriating.

I understand that some interviewers can be mean and come at you strong. But that is not in your control.
You should, however, fix those things you have control over and that is YOU.

I understand we all have lives aside job hunting. But if you're going to apply please be serious and stop wasting anybody's time including yours.

Thank you.

3 Likes

Re: Dear UN-SERIOUS Job Seeker by kingkuntaval: 12:08pm On Mar 07, 2019
Story

1 Like

Re: Dear UN-SERIOUS Job Seeker by enemachris(m): 12:13pm On Mar 07, 2019
Nice one bro.
Re: Dear UN-SERIOUS Job Seeker by kalimera101: 12:15pm On Mar 07, 2019
kingkuntaval:
Story

Go and Sleep in peace somewhere.

It's only here you have mouth.
Re: Dear UN-SERIOUS Job Seeker by mykelswa(m): 12:27pm On Mar 07, 2019
All this networking ppl. D day I'll catch any of u guy.

3 Likes

Re: Dear UN-SERIOUS Job Seeker by kalimera101: 12:58pm On Mar 07, 2019
mykelswa:
All this networking ppl. D day I'll catch any of u guy.

I'm sorry its not on this thread.
Re: Dear UN-SERIOUS Job Seeker by kristen12(f): 2:09pm On Mar 07, 2019
Hi, incase you have a client that is in need of a customer service person, kindly let me know. Thanks
Re: Dear UN-SERIOUS Job Seeker by onegig(m): 2:49pm On Mar 07, 2019
Dear Recruiter

We are so tired of filling uncountable forms that's why we show those lackadaisical attitude listed above. When you have submitted 200 forms for job opportunities and till date not gotten a credible response to many you throw caution to the wind and apply in whatever way you feel like. It is now up to you to send us an invite that way or you stick your job somewhere dark.

We are more pissed than you guys grin

11 Likes

Re: Dear UN-SERIOUS Job Seeker by kalimera101: 3:28pm On Mar 07, 2019
onegig:
Dear Recruiter

We are so tired of filling useless uncountable forms that's why we show those lackadaisical attitude. When you have submitted 200 forms for employment and you have not gotten a credible response to many you throw caution to the wind and apply whatever way you feel like. If you like send us an invite like that.

We are more pissed than you guys grin

Well, keep it at it if it works great for you.
Re: Dear UN-SERIOUS Job Seeker by kalimera101: 3:30pm On Mar 07, 2019
kristen12:
Hi, incase you have a client that is in need of a customer service person, kindly let me know. Thanks

Send an email to Info@tbgsafrica.com

Your subject should be CV_NAIRALAND.
I'll remember you.
There's an open position.
Re: Dear UN-SERIOUS Job Seeker by hausadreturn(m): 3:38pm On Mar 07, 2019
Nice.
Cool stuff.
Re: Dear UN-SERIOUS Job Seeker by Suf20: 3:55pm On Mar 07, 2019
kalimera101:

I'll remember you.

Can i send my own too?
Re: Dear UN-SERIOUS Job Seeker by Nobody: 4:07pm On Mar 07, 2019
kalimera101:
Hello Everyone,

How's Job Hunting going?

I help recruit qualified candidates into legit firms because the company I work for is a business consulting firm and in some cases, we help these businesses find suitable persons for the roles.

However, there's a clan of persons who apply for jobs that are a tad bit unserious and it's rather infuriating especially from Nairaland.

How will you apply for a job via email and you don't write a body in the email stating who you are and what you are applying for?
The ones their village people are following are those ones that send the emails without a SUBJECT.

Another set, they are using their picture to fan themselves in a gathering, will not read the Job Ad which contains specific requirements such as Location, Gender and Qualifications, that shows you are not observant and highly inattentive to details.

Another Set, after being shortlisted for interview will call hours after the interview to say sorry they couldn't make it (or even worse) can't make it, and if they can reschedule. Wait!!! What?

For my company, we always do a phone interview before an invitation to the physical interview, so one question we ask is if you'll be available for a phone interview? If you say yes, please honour your word. If the day reaches and you can't make it, let us know in time, you just deprived someone else of the opportunity.

Another Set, Please make sure your CV is updated. Don't write you are proficient in Ms Word and Excel and when you arrive for a physical interview, you can't tell us 30% of 5,000.

Finally, if you are in 2019 and you are still not proficient in any social media platform then I don't know what is doing you. Then those of you that apply for Social Media Management jobs, please know the bloody job you are applying for, for Heaven's Sake.
When you are asked what are the things a business should do to grow their base on Instagram. You had better know about it. This is 2019, Jesus!!!

How can you apply for such a position and stare blankly at the interviewer and start stammering? It's infuriating.

I understand that some interviewers can be mean and come at you strong. But that is not in your control.

I understand we all have lives aside job hunting. But if you're going to apply please be serious and stop wasting anybody's time including yours.

Thank you.

Useless, even if person spend time crafting CVs, cover letters & LinkedIn profile, you go still reject am with a flimsy excuse like You are "overqualified" for this role, not enough experience, blah blah

Re: Dear UN-SERIOUS Job Seeker by Marike2: 4:27pm On Mar 07, 2019
Great info. Kindly assist with info of any vacancy for Customer Service Manager/Officer. Thank you
Re: Dear UN-SERIOUS Job Seeker by kalimera101: 6:13pm On Mar 07, 2019
Jiang:

Useless, even if person spend time crafting CVs, cover letters & LinkedIn profile, you go still reject am with a flimsy excuse like You are "overqualified" for this role, not enough experience, blah blah

Right back at you sir.
Re: Dear UN-SERIOUS Job Seeker by Oshin56(m): 9:36pm On Mar 07, 2019
Bro I don't mind if I see any chance I study mathematics and statistics I base at ABJ zero eight zero 5......8.......34.......0232
Re: Dear UN-SERIOUS Job Seeker by Roses1759: 10:37pm On Mar 07, 2019
@Op, great piece of art- your points and observations are noted. We'll ( job seekers) make amends.

Permit me to say this...
There are few times when the circumstances at job seekers hand is beyond her or his control and in such times, he may be seen as an unserious fellow. Let's take me as an instance, I once got opportunity to attend interview with your company but I didn't make it to the venue due to circumstances that came up. Prior to this, I had already affirmed I will be at the venue through email and phone call. I had brought out and arranged my clothes and shoes a night to the interview day and suddenly things turned out the other way.

Sometimes, it's never international to miss an interview after accepting to come for the interview.

Please do consider me for another chance as customer service personnel or social media account management when you have openings.I have experiences and skills in customer service, call center support, social media account management etc

Thank you and God bless you.
Re: Dear UN-SERIOUS Job Seeker by Roses1759: 10:40pm On Mar 07, 2019
@Op, great piece of art- your points and observations are noted. We'll ( job seekers) make amends.

Permit me to say this...
There are few times when the circumstances at job seekers hand is beyond her or his control and in such times, he may be seen as an unserious fellow. Let's take me as an instance, I once got opportunity to attend interview with your company but I didn't make it to the venue due to circumstances that came up. Prior to this, I had already affirmed I will be at the venue through email and phone call. I had brought out and arranged my clothes and shoes a night to the interview day and suddenly things turned out the other way.

Sometimes, it's never international to miss an interview after accepting to come for the interview.

Please do consider me for another chance as customer service personnel or social media account management when you have openings.I have experiences and skills in customer service, call center support, social media account management etc

Thank you and God bless you.

kalimera101:
Hello Everyone,

How's Job Hunting going?

Thank you.
Re: Dear UN-SERIOUS Job Seeker by kristen12(f): 11:51pm On Mar 07, 2019
kalimera101:

Your subject should be CV_NAIRALAND. I'll remember you. There's an open position.
Sent already. Thanks
Re: Dear UN-SERIOUS Job Seeker by Nobody: 7:47am On Mar 08, 2019
kalimera101:

I'll remember you.
please, am sorry if this may bug you. can you help me with an I.T Support officer's job in any organization?
Thanks, in anticipation of your kind and prompt response.

(1) (Reply)

Mastermindshrsg Consulting Job Recruitment (4 Positions) / I Have An Interview With DM Holding Tomorrow Please Who Know About Them? / How To Identify Good Companies To Work For

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.