Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,185 members, 7,815,139 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:05 AM

Eagles Won’t Miss Taiwo, Aiyegbeni – Chukwu ! - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Eagles Won’t Miss Taiwo, Aiyegbeni – Chukwu ! (3238 Views)

Oliseh And Enyeama Have Embarrassed Nigeria! - Chukwu / Yakubu Aiyegbeni With His Wife & Daughters (Holiday Pictures) / I Won’t Miss Osaze, Martins, Others, Says Keshi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eagles Won’t Miss Taiwo, Aiyegbeni – Chukwu ! by wales(m): 6:42am On Sep 01, 2010
A former Super Eagles coach Christian Chukwu has said the team would not miss Olympique Marseille defender Taye Taiwo and Everton forward Yakubu Aiyegbeni as Nigeria prepare to face Madagascar in a Nations Cup qualifier on Sunday.

Taiwo, Aiyegbeni, Sani Kaita, Elderson Echiejile, Dele Adeleye and Rabiu Afolabi were among the players not invited for the clash, following the Eagles‘ poor performance at the World Cup in South Africa.

Chukwu, who praised coach Austin Eguavoen for inviting 11 domestic league players for the encounter, told our correspondent on the telephone on Tuesday that the composition of the team would strengthen it.

”I still believe the camping should have started earlier with about 25 home-based players,” Chukwu said. ”That would have made the foreign-based players more serious in honouring the invitation. They would have realised that they would need to be at their best to get a role in the team.

”The exclusion of Aiyegbeni and Taiwo from the squad should not be seen as a problem for the coach. Eguavoen knows what he wants to do with the team against Madagascar and he has selected those that best fit in his plans.

”If he thinks these players would add extra value to his team, he would have invited them. If he needs them in the future for a more tactical game, he might invite them. Their exclusion doesn‘t mean they are finished and the Eagles will still do well without them.

”We should not forget that these players started from the domestic league before going abroad to ply their trade.

“ So the coach‘s decision to include the home-based players is a good one if we are serious about improving our league.

”If the trend of inviting home-based players to the national team is maintained, the players would not be under pressure to play abroad before getting an invite for a national assignment.”

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201009013245118
Re: Eagles Won’t Miss Taiwo, Aiyegbeni – Chukwu ! by wales(m): 6:43am On Sep 01, 2010
I agree with what Chukwu said. All these boys started from some where right, so let see what other home base too will do. When they keep relying on them, what will happen if these guyz cant play anymore, is that when we need to start looking for replacement, hell NO.
Re: Eagles Won’t Miss Taiwo, Aiyegbeni – Chukwu ! by marutimon: 7:44am On Sep 01, 2010
I don't get why Dele Adeleye was mentioned,  In what way was the poor showing of the Super Eagles at teh World Cup his fault

I also don't get why Taiwo is being omitted, he is the captain of the French league 1 champions,
Re: Eagles Won’t Miss Taiwo, Aiyegbeni – Chukwu ! by honeric01(m): 8:30am On Sep 01, 2010
marutimon:

I don't get why Dele Adeleye was mentioned,  In what way was the poor showing of the Super Eagles at teh World Cup his fault

I also don't get why Taiwo is being omitted, he is the captain of the French league 1 champions,

When did being a captain of a club translate to being committed to your country? btw, Mandada is the captain after Niang left, it's not T.T
Re: Eagles Won’t Miss Taiwo, Aiyegbeni – Chukwu ! by scorpio1(m): 12:31pm On Sep 01, 2010
I Swear, if to say dem invite Aiyegbeni and Sani Kaita eeehhh, Infact make i no talk wetin i for do,
He would have tried Inviting them, old Scumbag like Aiyegbeni, he deserves to be stoned in the middle of National Stadium Abuja.
Re: Eagles Won’t Miss Taiwo, Aiyegbeni – Chukwu ! by bisiaet: 1:35pm On Sep 01, 2010
I agree with Chukwu. Let these guys stay away for now they are no longer relevant with what Nigeria want right now let the homabase go and do their best though they may not do much but bit by bit they will get there they should be given the chance. .
Re: Eagles Won’t Miss Taiwo, Aiyegbeni – Chukwu ! by suedoh2006(m): 2:03pm On Sep 01, 2010
A New dawn has just begin
Re: Eagles Won’t Miss Taiwo, Aiyegbeni – Chukwu ! by Meldrick(m): 2:29pm On Sep 01, 2010
Maybe Taiwo should have been included but Aiyegbeni, this is the greatest decision. Aiyegbeni is not fit to be in the Super Eagles.
Re: Eagles Won’t Miss Taiwo, Aiyegbeni – Chukwu ! by kris1985(m): 3:05pm On Sep 01, 2010
who need AIYE-WERE in eagles?
Re: Eagles Won’t Miss Taiwo, Aiyegbeni – Chukwu ! by yousouph(m): 3:44pm On Sep 01, 2010
On a normal day, who needs foreign players to beat Madagascar? Both home n foreign playas are piss poor on national duty
Re: Eagles Won’t Miss Taiwo, Aiyegbeni – Chukwu ! by 12large: 4:50pm On Sep 01, 2010
see this useless christian chukwu. taiwo a recognized left back, that is respected all over the world,scores acrobactic freekicks, goes forward runs should be replaced by ordinary valentine nwabili, i think that they are forgeting that homebase and foreign base are the same, just look at the best player ahmed musa just one offer to a low club in holland the guy comot
Re: Eagles Won’t Miss Taiwo, Aiyegbeni – Chukwu ! by Shalome(m): 6:24pm On Sep 01, 2010
Eguavon dey Bleep up big tym,he shuld av invited aiyegbeni fuckubu,at least giv us guyz d oppotunity to pummel d muchafucko's ass
Re: Eagles Won’t Miss Taiwo, Aiyegbeni – Chukwu ! by andyanders: 8:12pm On Sep 01, 2010
ANYBODY THAT HAPPENS TO INVITE YAKUBU AGAIN IN LIFE TO PLAY FOR NIGERIA IS AN EVIL PERSON. YAKUBU AIYEGBENI IS A WASTE. A PERSON MARADONA DISCRIBED AS THE WORST STRIKER IN THE WORLD AFTER THE GOAL HE MISSED IN THE 2010 WORLD CUP GOES TO CONFIRM THE PERSON KNOWN AS YAKUBU. HE IS NOT A STRICKER. EVEN MY GRANDMOTHER WOULD HAVE SCORED THAT GLARING GOAL HE MISSED. NOT EVEN THAT GOAL. SEVERAL OTHER GALRING CHANCES HE MISSED. WHAT OF HIS COMMENT DURING AN INTERVIEW WITH CHANNNELS TELEVISSION, WHEN HE WAS ASKED IF THERE WAS ANY REGRET AS TO THE GOAL HE MISSED,. THAT IDIOT SAID ' HE HAS NO REGRET' EVEN AFTER MSSING THAT GOAL, HE WAS MOPPING AT THE CROWED AND LAUGHING, CHEWING GUM. LET HIMGO TO HELL
Re: Eagles Won’t Miss Taiwo, Aiyegbeni – Chukwu ! by bignaija(m): 8:41pm On Sep 01, 2010
hmmmmm
Re: Eagles Won’t Miss Taiwo, Aiyegbeni – Chukwu ! by PastorOla1: 9:07pm On Sep 01, 2010
Do you mean Mummy Taiwo & Grand Ma Aiyegbeni
Re: Eagles Won’t Miss Taiwo, Aiyegbeni – Chukwu ! by fyneguy: 9:39pm On Sep 01, 2010
naija still dey play ball?
Re: Eagles Won’t Miss Taiwo, Aiyegbeni – Chukwu ! by toytola(m): 11:29pm On Sep 01, 2010
[/quote][quote author=fyneguy link=topic=506752.msg6681769#msg6681769 date=1283373545]
naija still dey play ball?

grin grin grin grin
Re: Eagles Won’t Miss Taiwo, Aiyegbeni – Chukwu ! by mamagee3(f): 11:56pm On Sep 01, 2010
kris1985:

who need AIYE-WERE in eagles?
grin grin cheesy grin
Re: Eagles Won’t Miss Taiwo, Aiyegbeni – Chukwu ! by mensdept: 4:02am On Sep 02, 2010
We dont need Yakubu, thats a no brainer
Re: Eagles Won’t Miss Taiwo, Aiyegbeni – Chukwu ! by minto(m): 4:34am On Sep 02, 2010
In my opinion, TT gave his best and was really in tune before he got injured. I don't see any reason why he shouldn't be invited
Re: Eagles Won’t Miss Taiwo, Aiyegbeni – Chukwu ! by tomzman: 8:16am On Sep 02, 2010
It's good to know that that pregnant man (Aiyegbeni) wasnt invited.Eagles wont miss him one bit.he shouldnt even be invited to play any game for Nigeria again. but TT hmmm
Re: Eagles Won’t Miss Taiwo, Aiyegbeni – Chukwu ! by chelseabmw(m): 8:50am On Sep 02, 2010
chukwu should pls shout up his dirty mouth
Re: Eagles Won’t Miss Taiwo, Aiyegbeni – Chukwu ! by chemtop: 1:42pm On Sep 02, 2010
i realy agree with what christain chuckwu said, cos these guys are no where to be find as far as football is concerned.they areno more fit.say not infiting them to this on-coming match cannot cause anything,especially ayeigbeni whom i regarded as the worst striker in the world of football.so i think not even a matter of thinking but a matter of reality that what was said by chukwu was not a mistake and can never be a mistake.
Re: Eagles Won’t Miss Taiwo, Aiyegbeni – Chukwu ! by Ranoscky(m): 8:07pm On Sep 02, 2010
Dat is d mentality with Nigerian football officials/coaches, n dat was exactly d reason why our football is going nowhere buh backward. So TT was dropped b'cos SE fukked up in S.A, is it his fault? Or didn't dey see his performance dat he played a very good game in all d matches he played? well, some1 asked a question earlier n im also lookin forward for an answer to dat question. N d question is: IS NIGERIA STIL PLAYIN FOOTBALL? undecided
Re: Eagles Won’t Miss Taiwo, Aiyegbeni – Chukwu ! by mensdept: 8:51pm On Sep 02, 2010
Ranoscky:

Dat is d mentality with Nigerian football officials/coaches, n dat was exactly d reason why our football is going nowhere buh backward. So TT was dropped b'cos SE fukked up in S.A, is it his fault? Or didn't dey see his performance dat he played a very good game in all d matches he played? well, some1 asked a question earlier n im also lookin forward for an answer to dat question. N d question is: IS NIGERIA STIL PLAYIN FOOTBALL? undecided

Is this game (vs. Madagasy folks) the last game Nigeria will be playing? If TT isnt in this squad so? I thought we were trying to move forward and bring in some new prospects, or should we wait weeks until June 2014 to start experimenting?
Re: Eagles Won’t Miss Taiwo, Aiyegbeni – Chukwu ! by Goldenmeda(m): 9:01am On Sep 03, 2010
WE WILL MISS TAIWO IN DAT SQUAD

Re: Eagles Won’t Miss Taiwo, Aiyegbeni – Chukwu ! by alexmark: 10:39am On Sep 03, 2010
Taiwo is great
Re: Eagles Won’t Miss Taiwo, Aiyegbeni – Chukwu ! by Olaolufred(m): 1:37pm On Sep 03, 2010
Taiye Taiwo is still the best LFB we have.
When you don't have a team, people like him will be exposed after overlapping.
He is in the shoe of best like Roberto Carlos,Ashley Cole etal.

Aiyegbeni, hmmm.
I miss a dead goat more than him.

Soon, Yak will join the okrika giant-- Yakabubu FC.
Sign on fee= 30 Naira.
Can afford a Sweet. Isn't it?

(1) (Reply)

2018 World Cup African Qualifier Group by Group Standing / Mohammed Sallahs Mother Goes Mad After Sons Selfie With Fan / What's A Multigoal? And Secret To This Betting Tips Option

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.