Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,259 members, 7,822,316 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:56 AM

My Sister Friend Want To Visit Nigeria, What Are The Docs And Step Necessary - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Sister Friend Want To Visit Nigeria, What Are The Docs And Step Necessary (2059 Views)

7 Reasons Why Every Foreigner Must Visit Nigeria/next Tourist Destination / Why I Want To Visit Nigeria - A Foreigner's (Flimsy) Reasons. / Please whats the price of Malaysia student Visa Application, and docs needed. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Sister Friend Want To Visit Nigeria, What Are The Docs And Step Necessary by Fogman(m): 9:21am On Sep 01, 2010
My kid sister's friend from US wants to visit Nigeria, how do we assist him to procure Nigerian visa? He approached Nigerian embassy in US and was ask to provide invitation letter and address where to stay in Nigeria. Please advice how to go about this?
Re: My Sister Friend Want To Visit Nigeria, What Are The Docs And Step Necessary by Real14all: 10:57am On Sep 01, 2010
Den provide invitation letter and where to stay.abi dat too hard make i help u?
Re: My Sister Friend Want To Visit Nigeria, What Are The Docs And Step Necessary by Fogman(m): 11:52am On Sep 01, 2010
Real14all:

Den provide invitation letter and where to stay.abi dat too hard make i help u?

providing the letter is not a problem, i want to know if there is a special way to do it. Ie if it need to be endorsed by any govt agency,etc
Re: My Sister Friend Want To Visit Nigeria, What Are The Docs And Step Necessary by jt2010: 1:49pm On Sep 01, 2010
You may need to include your int. passport to the IV and also get an affidavit to support your claim of been a nigerian. Don't forget to include your full contact details in the letter.
Re: My Sister Friend Want To Visit Nigeria, What Are The Docs And Step Necessary by Fogman(m): 2:18pm On Sep 01, 2010
jt2010:

You may need to include your int. passport to the IV and also get an affidavit to support your claim of been a nigerian. Don't forget to include your full contact details in the letter.

Thanks for the vital informations.
Re: My Sister Friend Want To Visit Nigeria, What Are The Docs And Step Necessary by Fogman(m): 10:29am On Sep 02, 2010
More advice welcome
Re: My Sister Friend Want To Visit Nigeria, What Are The Docs And Step Necessary by OmoAlata(f): 5:40pm On Sep 02, 2010
Fogman:

More advice welcome

My husband's friend wrote him an invitation letter (they wouldn't accept an Invitation letter from me as I don't hold a Nigerian passport). The friend lives over here but stated in the letter that he would be responsible for my husband's upkeep throughout his stay in Nigeria He attached a copy of his Nigerian passport to it. This was enough to get a Visa.

You can put the address of ANY hotel in Nigeria on the form, whether you are staying there or not. This should suffice.
Re: My Sister Friend Want To Visit Nigeria, What Are The Docs And Step Necessary by Fogman(m): 3:45pm On Sep 03, 2010
Omo Alata:

My husband's friend wrote him an invitation letter (they wouldn't accept an Invitation letter from me as I don't hold a Nigerian passport). The friend lives over here but stated in the letter that he would be responsible for my husband's upkeep throughout his stay in Nigeria He attached a copy of his Nigerian passport to it. This was enough to get a Visa.

You can put the address of ANY hotel in Nigeria on the form, whether you are staying there or not. This should suffice.

Did'nt get it! You mean a letter of invitation, a copy of Nigerian passport and hotel reservation ll do?
Re: My Sister Friend Want To Visit Nigeria, What Are The Docs And Step Necessary by nortyd: 5:03pm On Sep 04, 2010
ive just sent for mine but from the uk so please bear in mind it can be different

a letter of invitation from a nigerian citizen
a copy of the inviters passport

form imm2 filled in
a passport size photo of self
evidence of self sustainement i provided a receipt of sterling travellers cheques to be casheed in nigeria
my passport with at leaast 6 months remaining
at least 2 spaces free side by side in your passport
the apropiate fees mine were 2 postal orders of seventy pounds and 20 pounds

where you will be staying

all information shouldd be on the embassy in us website the nigerian onee that is

the letter just needs to be a personal invite
this will be my 3rd visit

thi
Re: My Sister Friend Want To Visit Nigeria, What Are The Docs And Step Necessary by tpia1: 5:56am On Jul 08, 2014
strange.

why would nigerians need an invitation letter to visit nigeria?

(1) (Reply)

Large Spinning UFO-like Ice Disk Appears In U. S. Town's River(Photos) / Please Is 60,000 Kenyan Shilling Enough To Live For A Month In Nairobi? / How Do I Enjoy A Vacation In Dubai?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.