Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,338 members, 7,819,190 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:27 PM

Top 10 Musicians Who Died Musically After One Hit - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Top 10 Musicians Who Died Musically After One Hit (10542 Views)

Cynthia Morgan: Burna Boy Is Losing It Musically / How Are The P-Square Brothers Faring Musically, 3 Years After Their Breakup? / Tee Billz Says Victoria Kimani Stumbled On One Hit And Felt She Has Arrived (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 10 Musicians Who Died Musically After One Hit by SwitElla1997: 12:32am On Mar 09, 2019
Top 10 Musicians Who Died Musically After One Hit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoeGb9SPeJQ

It might not be easy to attain a successful height but it is much harder to stay there, let us look at the top 10 Nigerian music artists who literally disappeared after making one or more hits songs. Let us note that these artists still dropped several songs after their hit song but none or maybe a few tried getting close to the song they were known for, lets’ go;

No 1- Olu Maintain
Olumide Edwards Adegbulu who is popularly known as ‘’Olu Maintain’’ released the hit single ‘’Yahooze’’ in 2008 which drove Nigerians really crazy. He co-founded the musical group known as ‘’Maintain’’ with his cousin, Tolu Ogunniyi. However, after that track, he could not release another one that made waves as his ‘’Yahoozee’’ track.

No 2- J’odie
Joy Ese Oghene Odiete, AKA J’odie, is a talented vocalist, songwriter and singer. She released the track ‘’Kuchi Kuchi’’ in 2010 which expressed Mother’s love to her Child. Kuchi Kuchi (Oh baby) was in the mouth of everyone but sadly we could not hear any other track from the Chocolate Damsel J’odie.

No 3- Resonance (Estar)
Esther Olaedo Ebigbo was born to a Nigerian father and a German Mother. She goes with the stage name ‘’Estar’’. The ‘’Chinweike’’ crooner has a first class in Psychology from the University of Nigeria, Nsukka. She released the monster hit ‘’Chinweike’’ in 2008. Estar quickly faded out of the industry not because of the lack of talent but other issues I guess. Well, right now, she is married with children.

No 4- Zule Zoo
‘’Kerewa’’ was a hit song in the early 2000. Zule Zoo is made of the duo; Hassan “Ibro” Ibrahim and Michael Aboh who were household names in the Nigerian music industry around 2006. After the release of ‘’Kerewa’’ in 2006, nothing much was heard from the duo again. In fact, Hassan Ibro in a recent interview stated that his partner Michael is currently mentally unstable.

No 5- Sky B
‘’Sky B ‘’ released the track ‘’Am Calling’’ (Ma Bebe) in 2007. This song rocked the Nigerian music air waves so quite a long time and was sang both by adults and children. However, Sky B was not really heard from again apart from the songs which came as an album alongside ‘’Am Calling’’ like ‘’Pray for me’’. He is good. We wish him well in his future plans.

No 6- Stereoman (Sample Ekwe)
Sunday Osakuni, a Delta State born Nigerian Musician who goes by the stage name, ‘’Stereoman’’ came to great limelight with the single ‘’Sample Ekwe’’ which he released in 2012. The track came with a funny dance step which was known as ‘’Galala’’ back then. He however could not release another monster hit like his ‘’Sample Ekwe’’. Stereoman had another track which made some waves too which was ‘’E dey pain me’’ but not to be compared to his ‘’Sample Ekwe’’ track.

No 7- Bigiano
‘’Bigiano’’ born in Ibadan, Nigeria with the real names ‘’Babalola Gabriel Olugbenga’’ was a former member of a music group ‘’Triple B’’. He released the smash hit single ‘’Shayo’’ in 2009 which brought him great fame and fortune. Bigiano in an exclusive interview said he could not handle the fame that ‘’Shayo’’ brought him. So he took a break to re-brand himself. We could not hear another great banger from the ‘’Shayo Master’’ Bigiano.

No 8- Kas
‘’Kas’’ born ‘’Kas Lionheart Jonathan’’ to a Nigerian Father and a British mother. He is the last son of two brothers. Kas came from a wealthy home. He released the monster hit ‘’Fimile’’ which was a slow but mind blowing song. He sometimes referred to himself as ‘’Omo Yoruba’’ which means ‘’Son of the Yoruba Tribe’’. Kas is said to have found another calling. He is now into the religious field as a Pastor.

No 9- Konga (Baby Konga)
Born in Lagos Nigeria as Lawal Olalekan Olumo but goes by the stage name ‘’Konga’’. He came to lime light when he dropped the hit ‘’Baby Konga’’ way back in 2008 and has since been off the music industry. ‘’Baby Konga’’ was widely danced back then and rocked the Nigerian clubs but however ‘’Konga’’ could not do something similar to that again.

No 10- Kelly Handsome
Kelly handsome was a student of Madonna University. Am sure anyone who knows Kelly Handsome will definitely know the song that the song ‘’Maga Don Pay’’. The controversial song was released in 2008 which was said to encourage Internet fraud, however people still sang and danced to it. Orji Kelechi Obinna, are Kelly Handsome’s real names. The handsome dude could not produce another hit like ‘’Maga Don Pay’’.
Re: Top 10 Musicians Who Died Musically After One Hit by Leksidebolton(m): 12:34am On Mar 09, 2019
Like for Babajide Sanwo-Olu And share for Jim Agbaje

1 Like 4 Shares

Re: Top 10 Musicians Who Died Musically After One Hit by tohyorsih(f): 12:38am On Mar 09, 2019
op, where is Weird MC?

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Musicians Who Died Musically After One Hit by EbukaHades10(m): 12:46am On Mar 09, 2019
Sorry for their life

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Musicians Who Died Musically After One Hit by Herlertah(m): 1:37am On Mar 09, 2019
Olu maintain....."sekansunlo'

You can now order for your data for as low as #550 for 1gig on MTN. Other Networks are also available at affordable prices. Contact 08130284420 on WhatsApp to get yours
Re: Top 10 Musicians Who Died Musically After One Hit by Nobody: 1:54am On Mar 09, 2019
If none of them ever sang songs that are important to our world or that contains powerful and positive lyrics or songs that were composed to push a positive cause in the world like Michael Jackson used to do, then we do not give a sh!t about them

in fact, their disappearance from the Music world is even a blessing to the world

Imagine what negative or nasty impact they would be making in the world with their adulterate lyrics and style of music if they were to be still relevant.

I do not hate these people please but I am just standing up for change.

The way the devil has used us to endanger the earth.. the damage we have done to the planet is enough

it is high time we started making a change

Meanwhile:

if there is anyone who can help me with a small job with which I can at least sustain myself, it will be highly appreciated

i am in dire need of it embarassed

also...

Lalasticlala Mynd44 Seun can anyone of you PLEASE KINDLY change my moniker to HealTheWorld1 or Change1

Please.. I do not like this moniker... Thanks
Re: Top 10 Musicians Who Died Musically After One Hit by Houseofglam7(f): 1:59am On Mar 09, 2019
undecided
Re: Top 10 Musicians Who Died Musically After One Hit by Shegzdave: 2:06am On Mar 09, 2019
Better still; Musician that died musically after their village people get their number and press their hang button..
Re: Top 10 Musicians Who Died Musically After One Hit by KendrickAyomide: 4:35am On Mar 09, 2019
Kelly hansome is not a 1hit wonder.
Re: Top 10 Musicians Who Died Musically After One Hit by KendrickAyomide: 4:37am On Mar 09, 2019
••Chuddy K••
••Waconzy••
••X-project••
••W4••
••djinee••
••Deebee••
•• Ay.com••
••Wierd MC••
•Tunde Ednut••
••2 shot••
Re: Top 10 Musicians Who Died Musically After One Hit by mankettle(m): 5:12am On Mar 09, 2019
nice list
Re: Top 10 Musicians Who Died Musically After One Hit by Henrodah(m): 8:13am On Mar 09, 2019
Nice list but some of the dates were wrong ! Like Ekwe Sample wasn't 2012 and Zulezu wasn't 2006 .

(1) (Reply)

OMG! Guys Meet Micah Regalias..dude With The Most Gigantic Hips & A$$ / Bella Thorne Shows Her Boobs And Plays With Her Nipples / Real Madrid's Cristiano Ronaldo Reveals Why He Has No Tattoos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.