Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,942 members, 7,952,801 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 01:54 AM

N-report Ep1 - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / N-report Ep1 (2416 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

N-report Ep1 by zPixel(m): 2:23pm On Sep 01, 2010
Hi, Its been a while,

Check out the first episode of our animated series. The idea is to pick an issue bothering this country and satirize it, hoping you get entertained. Let me know what you think. Thanks.

<<---------------------------------------------------------------------------->>

[flash=550,430]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNAdpjJSdE8[/flash]
Re: N-report Ep1 by xothermik(m): 12:50am On Sep 02, 2010
great effort . however my eyes kept picking up issues with the animation. i feel a lot of the curves were not properly addressed. i noticed quite a significant number of spikey motion in a lot of the head turns and hand movements particularly at about 3:12 when the igbo dude was talking. not enough easing in and out of key poses making some of the movement quite distracting. maybe because u use the stepĀ  interpolation when blocking and were too much in a hurry to clean out the curves in the final animation. overall id say its fair and a treat to watch. but then its easy to criticize. Episode 2 please.
Re: N-report Ep1 by zPixel(m): 12:59am On Sep 02, 2010
Thanks a lot man. Appreciate the comments.
Re: N-report Ep1 by Amhatu(m): 1:03am On Sep 02, 2010
@zPixel,

Nice work enjoyed watching.
Re: N-report Ep1 by AdamuW: 4:28pm On Sep 05, 2010
Loved it. I understand where xothermic is coming from. But I think it's a format that has legs and staying power. Nice work. My main question would be do you intend to reflect current news or general thematic issues such as power, corruption, etc? Because it'll be hard to react to news within days using 3D but if it's the latter then you can just build up a volume of episodes.
Re: N-report Ep1 by Dolemite(f): 5:40pm On Sep 06, 2010
I'm seeing some good animations from Nigerians but they all have the same problem: TERRIBLE voice acting, painful to watch.
Re: N-report Ep1 by zPixel(m): 6:44pm On Sep 06, 2010
AdamuW:

My main question would be do you intend to reflect current news or general thematic issues such as power, corruption, etc?
We plan to stick with general thematic issues. Has you've mentioned, its going to be hard to react to fresh news using 3D, because of the obvious reasons. Thanks anyway, i always appreciate your comments smiley

@Dolemite
Finding great voice talents is a problem in this country. I actually did the voice for one of the characters, i guess that's why it sounded terrible smiley Please if you know of good voice talents, let me know. we don't mind hiring them for subsequent episodes.
Re: N-report Ep1 by Dolemite(f): 8:01pm On Sep 06, 2010
I say you should accentuate the positive, eliminate the negatives, what you lack in talented voice actors make up for in proper sound editing.

zPixel:

I actually did the voice for one of the characters, i guess that's why it sounded terrible smiley
No disrespect intended.
Re: N-report Ep1 by AdamuW: 7:47am On Sep 07, 2010
I understand your points @ Dolomite. As a consumer or viewer you want the best quality. On the flipside animation is an industry that is not supported at all in Nigeria. I also know Zpixel personally and he's someone who has an eye for detail and is one of those in the business that really wants to push things an deliver great content comparable to anything in the world. I'd disagree with him regarding not being able to find good voice talent. My experience is that it's hard to get the funding to pay for some of the best voice actors around. Especially when you are trying to do a project that's experimental or a pilot. You should see the look on bankers faces when you tell them you need funding for an animation series. It's like an alien just landed in the room.

But of course as a consumer this should mean nothing to you and I understand that. I just wanted to shed a bit more light on the situation. Keep supporting us by watching our work and be patient with us. We're getting there!
Re: N-report Ep1 by zPixel(m): 2:24pm On Sep 08, 2010
Well said Mr Adamu.
Re: N-report Ep1 by aphek: 3:19am On Sep 09, 2010
Ahhh! At last.
Re: N-report Ep1 by NWFX(m): 11:45am On Sep 09, 2010
Hilarious!Good Job ! Work more on the curves.
Re: N-report Ep1 by zPixel(m): 12:07pm On Sep 11, 2010
@NWFX
Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Nollywood To Hollywood Movie Spoofs / Logo Design Using Picsart For Android (pics) / Looking For Hot Animators

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.