Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,052 members, 7,835,553 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:40 AM

Genevieve Nnaji Makes Case For Igbos Residing In Lagos - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Genevieve Nnaji Makes Case For Igbos Residing In Lagos (3637 Views)

Nigeria Has Nothing For Igbos — Chiwetalu Agu Speaks Days After Leaving DSS Cust / Genevieve Nnaji Reacts To Report That She Made Case For Igbos Residing In Lagos / 'Farming': Genevieve Nnaji Makes British Film Debut (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Genevieve Nnaji Makes Case For Igbos Residing In Lagos by Trendme: 8:20am On Mar 10, 2019
Top Nollywood actress, Genevieve Nnaji has thrown herself into the heart of the matter, defending her Igbo brothers following the alleged attacks on them by the Yorubas, in Lagos.

The actress also advised that there is need to stop killing the Igbos anywhere they are because they rarely foment troubles, and if they do, they know that “Isi Kote Ebu, Ogbaa Ya” meaning “the head that pushes the wasp hive receives the sting.”

“They also know deep in their hearts that “Ife Onye Metalu, Obulu,(whatever you commit, you will be liable to it),”she added.

In an Instagram post, the “Lionheart” producer, who wrote specifically parables in her native language noted that the Igbos have never been the problem of the country wherever they find themselves..

The Igbos will never kill others to live because they believe that “Ndu bu Isi” Yes, murder or “Igbu Ochu” is one of the most despicable crimes amongst the Igbos.

While reeling out the attributes of an Igbo man, the actress said Igbos would never kill others to live because they believe that “Ndu bu Isi( [Life is first),” adding murder or “Igbu Ochu(revenge)” is one of the most despicable crimes among the Igbos.”

She wrote: “The Igbos struggle to make it in life. They are industrious, assiduous and sedulous. The Igbos also believe in helping one another. That’s why you hear “Onye Aghana Nwanne Ya(Be your brother’s keeper).” There is also no lateness in making it in life among the Igbos because “Ebe Onye Oso Ruru, Onye Ije Geru(The destination of the running man is the same as the destination of the walking man).” and Uwa Mgbede Ka Mma(“the patient one reaps more benefits).” Igbo businessmen are scattered all over the world. Wherever they are, they make their homes, building houses & gentrifying districts.”

“Stop killing the Igbos. They will only make their money and go back to their land. And they know how to make legitimate money. Yes, where you see nothing, the Igbos with their gimlet eyes see “Ego,”the actress said.

Photos below :

Gist Via :- https://nairatrend.com.ng/genevieve-nnaji-makes-case-for-igbos-residing-in-lagos/

Cc ;lalasticlala, mynd44, Dominique

2 Likes

Re: Genevieve Nnaji Makes Case For Igbos Residing In Lagos by Yoshy: 8:23am On Mar 10, 2019
Nne Dalu

3 Likes

Re: Genevieve Nnaji Makes Case For Igbos Residing In Lagos by Taguchi: 8:25am On Mar 10, 2019
wise words

IGBO AMAKA!!!

haters go dey alright Las Las

5 Likes

Re: Genevieve Nnaji Makes Case For Igbos Residing In Lagos by Shakushaku1(m): 8:30am On Mar 10, 2019
Anti nobody said igbo shouldn't do biz and live their life, but when u start mocking ya host ull get served the proper way..

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Genevieve Nnaji Makes Case For Igbos Residing In Lagos by donstan18: 8:34am On Mar 10, 2019
Shakushaku1:
[s] Anti nobody said igbo shouldn't do biz and live their life, but when u start mocking ya host ull get served the proper way.. [/s]
Mechipugi onu osiso!! Just shurup!!

Ina apu ara? Which host? Who are you hosting? Even retards suffering in one thick village in Ogun and Osun state will still come to social media to spew trash claiming to host an Igbo person living a good life in Banana Island.

Are you guyz that shameless? Can you try this with Fullanis in the west? Or because Igbos prefer the success of their business than violence?

Look at you ranting about getting Igbos served the proper way, when fight go reach now, you lots will hide behind your Fullanis gods to fight for you the way you ended up giving Kwara state away to them and became their slaves.

Noisemakers! No go hustle, dey dia dey claim say you dey host Igbos.......Idowere okpokoro isi ka mpagi.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Genevieve Nnaji Makes Case For Igbos Residing In Lagos by Joshmodest(m): 8:35am On Mar 10, 2019
This is a basic fact , go to Ibadan , Kano , Zamfara name it , anywhere u see Ndigbo , u see hard work , diligence and success...while the real owners of the land they dwell go about claiming Omo onile , and harassing innocent people , for a living....Igbos work legitimately to succeed..very reason all other tribes are scared of giving them power in Nigeria .
Those who go about calling them cheats , it is a well known fact that the yahoo Industry is predominantly occupied by a particular tribe I wouldn't mention so Afonja people wouldn't insult me...
God bless all the South East and South South brothers
God bless Genevieve !!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Genevieve Nnaji Makes Case For Igbos Residing In Lagos by oyebanji44: 8:36am On Mar 10, 2019
grin Don't worry , you have nothing to fear
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Makes Case For Igbos Residing In Lagos by internationalman(m): 8:37am On Mar 10, 2019
I'm not from any of the 3 major indigenous ethnic groups in the country...

Though Igbos are the only people I can ever be comfortable with being around..

Igbo Amaka..

Coincidentally, my babe is from the same local government as Genevieve..

If I nor marry a naturally light skinned bootylicious curved leg round face Igbo girl wetin I gain.

3 Likes

Re: Genevieve Nnaji Makes Case For Igbos Residing In Lagos by shortgun(m): 8:47am On Mar 10, 2019
Igbo....the most talked about nation in the country.
So proud.

2 Likes

Re: Genevieve Nnaji Makes Case For Igbos Residing In Lagos by Shakushaku1(m): 8:49am On Mar 10, 2019
donstan18:

Ina apu ara? Which host? Who are you hosting? Even retards suffering in one thick village in Ogun and Osun state will still come to social media to spew trash claiming to host an Igbo person living a good life in Banana Island.

Are you guyz that shameless? Can you try this with Fullanis in the west? Or because Igbos prefer the success of their business than violence?

Look at you ranting about getting Igbos served the proper way, when fight go reach now, you lots will hide behind your Fullanis gods to fight for you the way you ended up giving Kwara state away to them and became their slaves.

Noisemakers! No go hustle, dey dia dey claim say you dey host Igbos.

Pele.. We see again in four years and yall will get trashed again as usual after so much chest beating exercise.. grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Genevieve Nnaji Makes Case For Igbos Residing In Lagos by megist80: 9:06am On Mar 10, 2019
grin
Shakushaku1:

Pele.. We see again in four years and yall will get trashed again as usual after so much chest beating exercise.. grin

2 Likes

Re: Genevieve Nnaji Makes Case For Igbos Residing In Lagos by uzohrome(m): 9:11am On Mar 10, 2019
I love geni so much, filled with brain and beauty. Nne-oma daalu rinne. My pride and my love

2 Likes

Re: Genevieve Nnaji Makes Case For Igbos Residing In Lagos by sneezeemek(m): 9:29am On Mar 10, 2019
Only if Genevieve will agree to marry me sha.... I have no wealth and influence to match hers but I have pure love for this lady, and I promise a happy home...
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Makes Case For Igbos Residing In Lagos by Chipink(f): 9:40am On Mar 10, 2019
Shakushaku1:
Anti nobody said igbo shouldn't do biz and live their life, but when u start mocking ya host ull get served the proper way..

What do u mean by "host" why are you Nigerians this ignorant?
How can u say u are "host" to ur fellow countryman?.. Just howwwww? undecided

Wait u think there are no YORUBAS in igboland?
Ur problem is lack of exposure .
Go to igboland ur brothers and sister are there doing their things without disturbance, some are married and resided there completely.
nobody calls them "immigrants"..

Why do some of u yorubas sound so ignorant?
I thought u guys are educated?

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Genevieve Nnaji Makes Case For Igbos Residing In Lagos by jcdthejuicyboy: 10:26am On Mar 10, 2019
Shakushaku1:

u r a mad man, ur tribe that have been eating and raping politics, wetin you gain? igbos care about their businesses and make somnething out these businesses...you yorubas and hausas shld for once make something meaningful out of this politics...every four years the same story...zombies una no dey taya...?!!!!!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Genevieve Nnaji Makes Case For Igbos Residing In Lagos by slam7000(m): 11:08am On Mar 10, 2019
@ Trendme,

That message was not written by Genevieve Nnaji.

She wasn’t the author.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Makes Case For Igbos Residing In Lagos by Bigmugu: 11:42am On Mar 10, 2019
grin
slam7000:
@ Trendme,

That message was not written by Genevieve Nnaji.

She wasn’t the author.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Makes Case For Igbos Residing In Lagos by Tonyprisca: 12:12pm On Mar 10, 2019
Cha! Cha!! Cha!!! Igbo kwenu

2 Likes

Re: Genevieve Nnaji Makes Case For Igbos Residing In Lagos by megist80: 12:33pm On Mar 10, 2019
grin find somewhere sit down and stop barking like a dog
Tonyprisca:
Cha! Cha!! Cha!!! Igbo kwenu
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Makes Case For Igbos Residing In Lagos by Xbursta(m): 1:06pm On Mar 10, 2019
sneezeemek:
Only if Genevieve will agree to marry me sha.... I have no wealth and influence to match hers but I have pure love for this lady, and I promise a happy home...

1 Like

Re: Genevieve Nnaji Makes Case For Igbos Residing In Lagos by Hisduchess(f): 1:13pm On Mar 10, 2019
donstan18:

Noisemakers! No go hustle, dey dia dey claim say you dey host Igbos.......Idowere okpokoro isi ka mpagi.
Epic response infact this is 'finishment' grin grin Nwa nnaa I bu ezigbo Onye Ama ala igbo.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Genevieve Nnaji Makes Case For Igbos Residing In Lagos by Masterclass32: 2:37pm On Mar 10, 2019
Nne, God bless you.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Makes Case For Igbos Residing In Lagos by Mira200(f): 2:38pm On Mar 10, 2019
This is nice.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Makes Case For Igbos Residing In Lagos by Nobody: 3:01pm On Mar 10, 2019
donstan18:

Kepad warrior why not start the fight that will chase una out completely from the west.
Keep making unreasonable threats

1 Like

Re: Genevieve Nnaji Makes Case For Igbos Residing In Lagos by Nobody: 3:05pm On Mar 10, 2019
Hisduchess:

Epic response infact this is 'finishment' grin grin Nwa nnaa I bu ezigbo Onye Ama ala igbo.
We the Yorubas are hosting you almajiris of Eastern extraction in the South West including Lagos. Deal with that

1 Like

Re: Genevieve Nnaji Makes Case For Igbos Residing In Lagos by Chipink(f): 3:43pm On Mar 10, 2019
Onijagidijagan:

We the COWARD AFONJAS are hosting OUR ALMAJIRI MASTERS of NORTH extraction in the South West including Lagos. And we dare not ask them to leave,.. They are our masters.

I have corrected ur mistakes thank me later

1 Like

Re: Genevieve Nnaji Makes Case For Igbos Residing In Lagos by NoFace101: 6:35pm On Mar 10, 2019
igbo and hypocrite

nawa

2 Likes

Re: Genevieve Nnaji Makes Case For Igbos Residing In Lagos by diadem10: 6:51pm On Mar 10, 2019
donstan18:

This was the same thing Ibos did did until your Eze was flogged in Akure. Keep thumping that chest and you will eventually get what you want. Ibos contribute nada to the development of any SW states. You don't pay tax. If you disbelieve me, let that Athiefkus baby mama, Genevieve display her tax receipt.

It's Tinubu I blame in the first place for including Ibos into Lagos politics. You Ibos know how you have been warned to either go back to your village or stay indoors during any northern election in the North and you have always heeded to the warning so far. It's only in the southwest, you think you can rear up your ugly nonsense. Anyway, it's a matter of BV time. The Yorubas are already getting ready to match your hatred for hatred. Just look at this Genevieve. The tribalist woman who couldn't even field one Yoruba actor in her movie has got mouth to talk. Imagine her saying Yoruba will bring down hive nest on their heads. The nerves and the effontery? Yeye dey smell.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Genevieve Nnaji Makes Case For Igbos Residing In Lagos by RedAlert08(m): 3:54am On Feb 10
diadem10:

This was the same thing Ibos did did until your Eze was flogged in Akure. Keep thumping that chest and you will eventually get what you want. Ibos contribute nada to the development of any SW states. You don't pay tax. If you disbelieve me, let that Athiefkus baby mama, Genevieve display her tax receipt.

It's Tinubu I blame in the first place for including Ibos into Lagos politics. You Ibos know how you have been warned to either go back to your village or stay indoors during any northern election in the North and you have always heeded to the warning so far. It's only in the southwest, you think you can rear up your ugly nonsense. Anyway, it's a matter of BV time. The Yorubas are already getting ready to match your hatred for hatred. Just look at this Genevieve. The tribalist woman who couldn't even field one Yoruba actor in her movie has got mouth to talk. Imagine her saying Yoruba will bring down hive nest on their heads. The nerves and the effontery? Yeye dey smell.

You're a pathological fo.ol. An absolute nonentity claiming to host igbos in Yoruba land. Better crawl back to your hole in Eruwa
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Makes Case For Igbos Residing In Lagos by haffaze777(m): 3:04pm On Feb 11
Holosho don dey rant

(1) (Reply)

Actress Victoria Kolawole Show Off Her Newly Acquired White Benz / Bianca Ojukwu Celebrates Her Birthday Today (see Photos) / Killer~ Ibinabo Fiberesima Is Released; Discharged And Acquitted!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.