Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,495 members, 7,816,178 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:06 AM

Can You Decode This Picture With Almost 20 Idioms? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Can You Decode This Picture With Almost 20 Idioms? (646 Views)

40 Idioms To Learn In 2020 If You Want To Speak Like A Nerd / 16 Idioms Worth Investing Into Your Vocabulary / 3 Popular English Idioms You Probably Don't Say Or Write Correctly. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Decode This Picture With Almost 20 Idioms? by Monoplik: 5:00pm On Mar 11, 2019
Let's get to meet our nairaland genius

Re: Can You Decode This Picture With Almost 20 Idioms? by Abee79(m): 5:07pm On Mar 11, 2019
1. Kick the bucket
2. Eggs in one basket
3. The nail on the head
4. Time flies...
5. Born with a silver spoon in mouth
6. A cat with nine lives

My wayo don finish . . . grin grin grin
But this is good!

2 Likes

Re: Can You Decode This Picture With Almost 20 Idioms? by DonBenny77(m): 5:13pm On Mar 11, 2019
Let the cat out of the bag

Spill the beans

Piece of cake

Curiosity killed the cat

1 Like

Re: Can You Decode This Picture With Almost 20 Idioms? by TheManofTomorrow(m): 10:33pm On Mar 11, 2019
He who wears the shoe, knows where it pinches
Re: Can You Decode This Picture With Almost 20 Idioms? by TheManofTomorrow(m): 10:36pm On Mar 11, 2019
Cut your coat according to your size
A stitch in time saves nine
He who wears the shoes, know where it pinches
Do not move faster than your shadow grin
Re: Can You Decode This Picture With Almost 20 Idioms? by DonBenny77(m): 6:03pm On Mar 12, 2019
I was hoping not to 'spill the beans'but I guess the 'cat’s got my tongue'. Let me 'put my best foot forward' before I 'grow cold feet' and I am 'left in tatters'
The 'Ace up my sleeve' is not a 'red herring' nor is she 'living in his shadow'. I would rather 'keep my cards close to my chest' with the 'joker in the pack' rather than 'serve it all on a silver platter' like it's 'a piece of cake'
Oh see 'how time flies' some of us have already 'tied the knot' and others have unfortunately 'kicked the bucket'
Some may say i have 'a loose screw in my head' to which I say screw you and don’t 'put all your eggs in one basket'.
Anyways I wasn’t 'born with a silver spoon in my mouth' I just 'cracked the egg' to make the omelette It’s really not a 'hard nut to crack' but you just need to 'pull up your socks', get the joker in the pack not 'have your heart up your sleeve' and in no time you will find the 'cherry on top' and soon you will find the two figures of speech that 'wormed out of my head' because this narrative has 'more holes than a Swiss cheese'

Copied sha
Re: Can You Decode This Picture With Almost 20 Idioms? by mariopepper(m): 8:04pm On Mar 12, 2019
damn... i am not so smart for it cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Medical House Officers / Best 2019 Waec Expo/waec Runz/waec Answers / Education is not a scam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.