Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,693 members, 7,816,833 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:15 PM

The Race For Top Four In The EPL: Who Will Prevail? - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / The Race For Top Four In The EPL: Who Will Prevail? (25478 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / Fulham, Westbrom And Sheffield Utd Have Now Been Relegated From The EPL / Serie A Golden Boot: Immobile Leads Ronaldo, Others In The Race (See Top 6) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Race For Top Four In The EPL: Who Will Prevail? by Nobody: 3:34pm On Mar 12, 2019
The race is on! The race for the Premier League title is not even as intense as the race for this one. It is a race that has featured so many falls and stumbles. It’s the race for third and fourth in the English Premier League. Who are the contenders?

Let’s start from the bottom

Sarri & His SarriBallers

The boys in blue have had a topsy-turvy season so far. From hugging the ball down to horrific thrashings, Sarri has not had an easy induction into the English game. The Italian has proven a stubborn customer who will not change his style regardless of the depths his team falls to.

VERDICT: Will Chelsea make top-four, going by form and their season as a whole, NO. The best the blues will get from this season is a lowly 5th. Put into consideration that the Blues still have to navigate through away matches against Liverpool and Manchester United and 6th just might be Chelsea’s reality.

Ole & Manchester United

Full-time. Arsenal 2 Manchester 0. This loss had been coming for quite a while, the fact that it was Arsenal that finally brought it seemed only apt. Ole Gunnar Solskjaer for all the plaudits he has been receiving has not done much tactically at United. Those boys are playing with unadulterated motivation at the base of their gameplay. That is one thing we can credit Ole with.

Now, the inevitable Premier League loss has come, will it open up a dam of further losses? Or will the boys march on to a top-four spot?

VERDICT: The only reason why there is a possibility Manchester United will finish the league in fourth is because of Arsenal’s volatile nature. Manchester United are not invincible again, and with matches against Manchester City and Chelsea still to come, Ole might just be about to find out what the Premier League is truly about. Once your invincibility is thwarted, the wolves come calling. They are stronger favourites for 5th than Sarri’s Chelsea though.

Unai’s Arsenal

The Gunners are firm favourites for fourth spot. They have a fairly easy fixture list with the trickiest of those against the likes of Wolves, Everton and the slippery Crystal Palace. Fourth position is literally theirs to lose. The ball is in their cot and Unai has to convince that he is truly an upgrade to Monsieur Wenger.

Verdict: The Gunners should easily retain 4th spot. Except, they bottle it which is really far down their alley. Apart from that, gunners’ fans might even dare to dream of 3rd. Why? Introducing….

Pochettino’s Spurs

Spurs gave both Manchester United and Chelsea the chance to snatch 3rd spot over the weekend. Neither side had the cojones. With crunch away fixtures to Liverpool and Manchester City still to come and a potentially tricky tie to Everton on the final day of the League, the road might just be bent for Spurs.

Verdict: If Arsenal do the needful, Spurs will not finish in 3rd. Plain and Simple. However, the worst for Spurs should be 4th spot.

In the end, the table might just be looking this way

3rd. Arsenal

4th. Tottenham

5th. Manchester United

6th. Chelsea

As usual, go wild in the comments,

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Race For Top Four In The EPL: Who Will Prevail? by Nobody: 3:35pm On Mar 12, 2019
First to comment... grin grin grin grin
lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: The Race For Top Four In The EPL: Who Will Prevail? by Wizygreat12: 3:37pm On Mar 12, 2019
Manchester united with end up in 3rd position Mark my words

88 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Race For Top Four In The EPL: Who Will Prevail? by phr0nesis(m): 3:42pm On Mar 12, 2019
Arsenal is in the best position to finish in the top 4.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Race For Top Four In The EPL: Who Will Prevail? by Nobody: 3:47pm On Mar 12, 2019
Wizygreat12:
Manchester united with end up in 3rd position Mark my words

Have been noted, man u fan spotted.... grin

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Race For Top Four In The EPL: Who Will Prevail? by Nobody: 3:50pm On Mar 12, 2019
phr0nesis:
Arsenal is in the best position to finish in the top 4.

The way spurs are playing, they can even finish 5th, leaving 3rd and fourth for arsenal and man u..

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Race For Top Four In The EPL: Who Will Prevail? by Platony(m): 5:09pm On Mar 12, 2019
G
Re: The Race For Top Four In The EPL: Who Will Prevail? by ekaette1621: 5:09pm On Mar 12, 2019
Manchester City
Re: The Race For Top Four In The EPL: Who Will Prevail? by Koolking(m): 5:09pm On Mar 12, 2019
Manchester United are just doing gra-gra, they are going to their usual position - Europa League and or Europa League Playoff.

Top 5 are

1. Liverpool (the new Champions in decades)

2. Manchester City

3. Chelsea

4. Arsenal

5. Tothenham (not too sure)

57 Likes 7 Shares

Re: The Race For Top Four In The EPL: Who Will Prevail? by slawomir: 5:10pm On Mar 12, 2019
Okay
Re: The Race For Top Four In The EPL: Who Will Prevail? by pat077: 5:10pm On Mar 12, 2019
Chelsea will finish second grin

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Race For Top Four In The EPL: Who Will Prevail? by kalvoken(m): 5:11pm On Mar 12, 2019
Though sarri has not been good in his tactics, Chelsea will play champions league come next season.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Race For Top Four In The EPL: Who Will Prevail? by RexTramadol1: 5:12pm On Mar 12, 2019
Ole

2 Likes

Re: The Race For Top Four In The EPL: Who Will Prevail? by Lymasaba(m): 5:12pm On Mar 12, 2019
grin grin don't even waste your emotion keep it for your girlfriend. Arsenal and 4th are like 5&6

2 Likes

Re: The Race For Top Four In The EPL: Who Will Prevail? by Nellyobi: 5:13pm On Mar 12, 2019
Good analysis, you cant trust Totenham with anything.
Arsenal will get their usual trophy!!

2 Likes

Re: The Race For Top Four In The EPL: Who Will Prevail? by avrex3k(m): 5:13pm On Mar 12, 2019
What's sari ball i don't get it angry
Re: The Race For Top Four In The EPL: Who Will Prevail? by Olufela30: 5:14pm On Mar 12, 2019
Las las, dem drag Spurs into the race...
3rd for Man Utd 4th for Chelsea 5th for Spurs 6th for Arsenal !!!
My view...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Race For Top Four In The EPL: Who Will Prevail? by Raydos: 5:14pm On Mar 12, 2019
Here is my own Top 4

1. Manchester City
2. Liverpool FC
3. Tottenham Hotspur
4. Manchester United

5. Arsenal
6. Chelsea

NB: I'm not even a fan of any club in EPL

I'm a Barça fan

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Race For Top Four In The EPL: Who Will Prevail? by elgramz: 5:14pm On Mar 12, 2019
Man city
Liverpool
Manchester united
Arsenal

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Race For Top Four In The EPL: Who Will Prevail? by afiawoh(m): 5:15pm On Mar 12, 2019
Chelsea won't make it
Re: The Race For Top Four In The EPL: Who Will Prevail? by Cabble4(m): 5:15pm On Mar 12, 2019
ekaette1621:
Manchester City

Did what?
Ewu.
Re: The Race For Top Four In The EPL: Who Will Prevail? by OriginalCopy(m): 5:15pm On Mar 12, 2019
grin The Op is an Arsenal fan. You shouldn't get your hope up, because we know how well arsenal can disappoint. They might just end up in 6th position in the end.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Race For Top Four In The EPL: Who Will Prevail? by oloriLFC(f): 5:15pm On Mar 12, 2019
The first two have made it already. The rest can fight for 3rd and 4th respectively

1 Like

Re: The Race For Top Four In The EPL: Who Will Prevail? by JubrinElSudan: 5:16pm On Mar 12, 2019
What I know is that Arsenal will be playing UCL next season, however they want to do it(winning EL, 3rd or 4th EPL finish), doesn't concern me

2 Likes

Re: The Race For Top Four In The EPL: Who Will Prevail? by KidsNEXTdoor: 5:16pm On Mar 12, 2019
elgramz:
Man city
Liverpool
Manchester united
Arsenal

Where is Chelsea

Where is your brain

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Race For Top Four In The EPL: Who Will Prevail? by sure4U: 5:16pm On Mar 12, 2019
check out my wins
.sure 3odds
add uo
Re: The Race For Top Four In The EPL: Who Will Prevail? by Nobody: 5:16pm On Mar 12, 2019
We all know it is:
Man City
Liverpool
Tottenham
Arsenal
Re: The Race For Top Four In The EPL: Who Will Prevail? by sure4U: 5:16pm On Mar 12, 2019
check out my wins
.sure 3odds
add uo
Re: The Race For Top Four In The EPL: Who Will Prevail? by hisexcellency34: 5:16pm On Mar 12, 2019
I will be surprised if Arsenal didn't make top four

4 Likes

Re: The Race For Top Four In The EPL: Who Will Prevail? by elgramz: 5:17pm On Mar 12, 2019
KidsNEXTdoor:

Where is Chelsea

Where is your brain

Chelsea won't make it in the league but they can still win Europa and qualify for Champions league from there

3 Likes

Re: The Race For Top Four In The EPL: Who Will Prevail? by Kingosytex(m): 5:18pm On Mar 12, 2019
am not a man u fan, but the ole gunner guy is a tactical wizard.... i see him making the top four

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Leicester City Vs Manchester United (0 - 1) On 3rd February 2019 / Arsenal Vs Vitoria de Guimaraes Europa League (3 - 2) On 24th Oct 2019 / Chelsea Vs Arsenal (2 - 1) On 20th January 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.