Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,823 members, 7,820,891 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:48 AM

LASG Orders 'gokada', 'maxokada' To Comply With Traffic Regulations - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / LASG Orders 'gokada', 'maxokada' To Comply With Traffic Regulations (21558 Views)

Gokada Temporarily Shuts Down After A 5min Trip By Its CEO Took More Than 15min / Jakarta Launches Its First Subway, A City With Traffic Similarities As Lagos / Maxokada Digitizes Motorcycle Street – Hailing In Lagos, Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

LASG Orders 'gokada', 'maxokada' To Comply With Traffic Regulations by Ravon: 3:08pm On Mar 13, 2019
The Lagos State Task Force has ordered owners/operators of commercial motorbikes, ‘Gokada’ and ‘Maxokada’ to direct their riders to comply with the Lagos State Road Traffic Laws of 2012, just as it impounded 23 motorbikes on restricted routes and arrested 10 riders.

The Chairman of the Agency, CSP Olayinka Egbeyemi disclosed this during enforcement operations on motorcyclists operating on restricted routes as well as those driving against one-way traffic around Ikeja, Ojota and Maryland.

CSP Egbeyemi stated that out of 115 motorcycles impounded during the enforcement operations 22 were of ‘Gokada and Maxokada’, adding their violation of traffic regulations by the motorcycle operators is illegal as they do not have valid documentation backing their operations in the State.

He reiterated that in accordance with the law no commercial motorcycle operator is allowed to operate around 475 restricted routes including highways and bridges across the State, saying “the government enjoins members of the public to henceforth desist from patronising commercial motorcyclists on all restricted routes as passengers are also liable to prosecution”.

“It was an eye-sore seeing operator of these newly branded commercial motorcycles (Gokada / Maxokada) struggling with motorists for the right of way on our highways and bridges across the State”, he asserted.

The Chairman revealed that the Lagos State Commissioner of Police, CP Zubairu Muazu has directed the immediate prosecution of the arrested riders.

SOURCE: https://brandspurng.com/2019/03/13/lasg-orders-gokada-maxokada-to-comply-with-traffic-regulations/

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: LASG Orders 'gokada', 'maxokada' To Comply With Traffic Regulations by Ayoswit(f): 3:14pm On Mar 13, 2019
Good one
Re: LASG Orders 'gokada', 'maxokada' To Comply With Traffic Regulations by coolestchris(m): 3:15pm On Mar 13, 2019
because they no settle Una, Una wan crumble the business

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASG Orders 'gokada', 'maxokada' To Comply With Traffic Regulations by Tobicrystal(m): 3:15pm On Mar 13, 2019
Gbam
Re: LASG Orders 'gokada', 'maxokada' To Comply With Traffic Regulations by Afonja007: 3:16pm On Mar 13, 2019
Na abokki boys 'be the problem but police and lastma people dey fear to arrest dem since their brother be presidenr

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: LASG Orders 'gokada', 'maxokada' To Comply With Traffic Regulations by sammirano: 3:16pm On Mar 13, 2019
Which one be gokada again angry angry

12 Likes

Re: LASG Orders 'gokada', 'maxokada' To Comply With Traffic Regulations by Chumani(f): 3:17pm On Mar 13, 2019
In as much as I believe in abiding by the law. I think the law should be reviewed for the riders to meet their daily targets.

I know of a man that his survival is on that Gokada.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASG Orders 'gokada', 'maxokada' To Comply With Traffic Regulations by wushishimg: 3:17pm On Mar 13, 2019
grin
Re: LASG Orders 'gokada', 'maxokada' To Comply With Traffic Regulations by ringi82(m): 3:17pm On Mar 13, 2019
shocked
Re: LASG Orders 'gokada', 'maxokada' To Comply With Traffic Regulations by bigtt76(f): 3:17pm On Mar 13, 2019
I knew it was just with time this would come

Ravon:
The Lagos State Task Force has ordered owners/operators of commercial motorbikes, ‘Gokada’ and ‘Maxokada’ to direct their riders to comply with the Lagos State Road Traffic Laws of 2012, just as it impounded 23 motorbikes on restricted routes and arrested 10 riders.

The Chairman of the Agency, CSP Olayinka Egbeyemi disclosed this during enforcement operations on motorcyclists operating on restricted routes as well as those driving against one-way traffic around Ikeja, Ojota and Maryland.

CSP Egbeyemi stated that out of 115 motorcycles impounded during the enforcement operations 22 were of ‘Gokada and Maxokada’, adding their violation of traffic regulations by the motorcycle operators is illegal as they do not have valid documentation backing their operations in the State.

He reiterated that in accordance with the law no commercial motorcycle operator is allowed to operate around 475 restricted routes including highways and bridges across the State, saying “the government enjoins members of the public to henceforth desist from patronising commercial motorcyclists on all restricted routes as passengers are also liable to prosecution”.

“It was an eye-sore seeing operator of these newly branded commercial motorcycles (Gokada / Maxokada) struggling with motorists for the right of way on our highways and bridges across the State”, he asserted.

The Chairman revealed that the Lagos State Commissioner of Police, CP Zubairu Muazu has directed the immediate prosecution of the arrested riders.

SOURCE: https://brandspurng.com/2019/03/13/lasg-orders-gokada-maxokada-to-comply-with-traffic-regulations/

5 Likes

Re: LASG Orders 'gokada', 'maxokada' To Comply With Traffic Regulations by wushishimg: 3:19pm On Mar 13, 2019
shocked shocked shocked shockedshocked
Re: LASG Orders 'gokada', 'maxokada' To Comply With Traffic Regulations by fidet1(m): 3:19pm On Mar 13, 2019
Long overdue. I visited Lagos last December, twas an eyesore seeing how these guys operate as though they are above the law. You would see them struggling with motorists on roads they ordinarily shouldn't be. Gokada ko, Gunkeke ni

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: LASG Orders 'gokada', 'maxokada' To Comply With Traffic Regulations by Dandsome: 3:23pm On Mar 13, 2019
Nothing works in this God forsaken country
Re: LASG Orders 'gokada', 'maxokada' To Comply With Traffic Regulations by kuntash: 3:40pm On Mar 13, 2019
Afonja007:
Na abokki boys 'be the problem but police and lastma people dey fear to arrest dem since their brother be presidenr

It shall be well with you ..

go and see them in VI and Ikoyi, they are the only one with mind to ply those routes, - ask yourselves WHY ?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASG Orders 'gokada', 'maxokada' To Comply With Traffic Regulations by afoltundeseen(f): 3:58pm On Mar 13, 2019
I tire for them, but hold on I am not tired of this article

https://akraym.com/dont-follow-the-leader-follow-procedures/

Yeah just check it out

1 Like

Re: LASG Orders 'gokada', 'maxokada' To Comply With Traffic Regulations by ebhomien123: 4:01pm On Mar 13, 2019
;Dgengen election don finish, iremain market women
Re: LASG Orders 'gokada', 'maxokada' To Comply With Traffic Regulations by hush15: 4:04pm On Mar 13, 2019
Chumani:
In as much as I believe in abiding by the law. I think the law should be reviewed for the riders to meet their daily targets.

I agree with you. Gokada and Maxi should ensure that the bikes are up to route specifications and that their bikers should be professional by following traffic laws however, they are not even the big threat. Those abokis that think they are still in the north, those tricycle operators and the notorious yellow buses are the biggest threats to road users. They are the ones that need to be dealt with... Mercilessly for that matter

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASG Orders 'gokada', 'maxokada' To Comply With Traffic Regulations by eluquenson(m): 4:10pm On Mar 13, 2019
WildHibiscus:
Lol, that overhyped Okada that has a lower CC than the ordinary Bajaj okada
They use 200CC, Please clean your mouth

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASG Orders 'gokada', 'maxokada' To Comply With Traffic Regulations by drmikeadams(m): 4:19pm On Mar 13, 2019
grin grin employment dem no create;fix roads mba,comot trailers and tankers wey block road ,4 where...person go stuck for traffic over hours grin now dem wan comot gokada wey person dey take dodge traffic

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASG Orders 'gokada', 'maxokada' To Comply With Traffic Regulations by martineverest(m): 4:20pm On Mar 13, 2019
sammirano:
Which one be gokada again angry angry
Ambode wife Uber for okada

2 Likes

Re: LASG Orders 'gokada', 'maxokada' To Comply With Traffic Regulations by almarthins(m): 4:24pm On Mar 13, 2019
Bleep rules wey no provide jobs. Instead of encouraging them na to dey impound and grind their means of livelihood.

Them no dey pay dem unemployment benefits
Them no dey give dem free breakfast

Many things just dey this country wey dey make person vex.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASG Orders 'gokada', 'maxokada' To Comply With Traffic Regulations by Proudlyngwa(m): 4:30pm On Mar 13, 2019
Chumani:

Governance is not run on emotions

2 Likes

Re: LASG Orders 'gokada', 'maxokada' To Comply With Traffic Regulations by almarthins(m): 4:32pm On Mar 13, 2019
fidet1:
Long overdue. I visited Lagos last December, twas an eyesore seeing how these guys operate as though they are above the law. You would see them struggling with motorists on roads they ordinarily shouldn't be. Gokada ko, Gunkeke ni

So make dem render dem jobless so that we will nt be sleeping at night again. The job of govt is to regulate and provide enabling environment for businesses nt kill them. Those yeye rules should be revisited. If you know the history behind the rules, you will know that fashola made those law to protect lagosian from reckless okada riders. Most of whom dont obey traffic rules nor have common helmet.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASG Orders 'gokada', 'maxokada' To Comply With Traffic Regulations by youngsahito(m): 4:48pm On Mar 13, 2019
LASG should try and review the traffic law

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Tanker Heading To Iganmu Bridge From Sifax Burst Into Flames / Passengers Confront Air Peace Staff After Cancelling Flight Delayed For 8 Hours / Car Somersaults On Bridge Gate In Nasarawa (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.