Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,378 members, 7,864,718 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 04:00 AM

Do Fakes Come Back In Fashionable Life? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Do Fakes Come Back In Fashionable Life? (256 Views)

Twitter Asks Some Sacked Workers To Please Come Back / She Absconded From Work, Now She Begs To Come Back / ALEXANDER WANG Won Millions In Legal Proceedings On Fakes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Do Fakes Come Back In Fashionable Life? by aaabagstrade(m): 5:20am On Mar 14, 2019
After years of counterfeiting, some fashion followers ignore politically correct things and pursue affordable things: ancient imitations.
Linda is a 20-year-old marketing manager who works as an enviable job in a noisy brand in New York, surrounded her party with her new high quality replica Céline handbags - collecting praise in her actions. Although this style - called Trapeze, with winged flaps - is now quite common, it is still the achievement of it. Especially because some versions cost nearly $4,000.

However, as she later revealed to me after a few drinks, her performance pony was hollow. Despite the soft leather and the small "Céline" engraving on the gold buckle, this bag is not from Céline. Linda’s mother knows a lady in the west who made these very impressive fake designer bags. There are many styles and color combinations to choose from.

Linda is not embarrassed about her purchase. She is not a fool, she does not want to be in debt for a wallet worth thousands of dollars. “The priority in my life is my adventure. I would rather save money to travel around the world," she said. “Luxury brands have become so expensive. And I know all my understanding of production and marketing, it will make you think twice before you go."

But Linda did not thoroughly boast of her buying behavior. (That's why you won't be surprised to know that Linda is not her real name.) A fashionista with high quality replica miu miu bags is like an Apple employee who pulls out an Android phone. It just didn't finish, and if it was, it would be a major gossip.

In a strange way, fakes and humiliating seems to benefit Linda. Few people would think that members of this industry would try to fake it if they work so hard against counterfeit products. Luxury brands, including Louis Vuitton,high qualtiy replica Hermès handbags and Burberry, have sued companies that sell counterfeit goods, usually winners. (In 2008, eBay was ordered by the Paris court to pay Louis Vuitton 38.6 million euros. In 2012, a Manhattan judge ordered Burberry to pay $100 million in damages through a series of Chinese websites convicted of trademark infringement.) CFDA The ongoing "You can't fake fashion" campaign - launched in partnership with eBay, which has been trying to tighten regulations on counterfeit goods for the past few years - is a disadvantage to educating consumers about buying counterfeit products. Most of the time, Harper's Bazaar held an anti-counterfeiting summit to reveal that the illicit market not only affects the luxury economy, but also its employees: there are reports of human trafficking, child labor and financial funnel terrorist organizations. Since the site was launched in 2006, Fashionista's own collection has been calling for imitations.

But recently, anti-counterfeiting has been dying. This story has not only been told dozens of times, and as I mentioned before, almost a shopper with a specific socioeconomic status would not even think of buying high quality fake chole handbags. This leaves them with room to make space. “We have experienced the ebb and flow of attention to counterfeit items. It’s like the embarrassing problem in Manhattan. It’s there, we’ve found a big story about pests from time to time - or in this case, the main depression - then we put It’s in a secondary position," said Hitha Prabhakar. “There may be a story on paper, news every night, or every day on the site. But after a while, people become numb and counterfeit items are happening. The same thing."

In fact, this battle has been going on for a long time, and it seems that some people are ready to surrender. Jennifer, a long-time fashion editor, recently indulged in a $25 imitation of Dior's tribal earrings, a pair of about $600 - depending on the version. Initially, she was committed to buying the original, but the black and white version she wanted to sell was a limited edition, which meant that she didn't even have a waiting list to join. “A friend suggested checking eBay. There is a pair of black and white pairs, but the price is twice the retail price!" Jennifer said. “So when I scroll down and see almost the same thing for $25, I just clicked on “Buy." I can definitely see the difference in quality is close at hand, but you never know what it is. It’s in the ear." Interestingly, the editor - never deliberately bought fake goods - said she felt someone told them they were not authentic. "I may not buy some high quality replica jimmy choo handbags again," she said. "I still prefer to have Dior!"

Fashion followers, as Jennifer did, counterfeiting is the last resort, and other methods have been found to get their repairs without spending thousands. An editor bought a pair of Steve Madden slip-on sneakers that mimicked the Céline version with little discretion.

(1) (Reply)

Word Of The Day! / (LESSON 19): PERSEVERANCE:-- Developing “staying Power” In Your Career And Or Ta / Learn A New Word Every Day With Researchclue. Word Of The Day!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.