Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,360 members, 7,860,964 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 07:54 PM

Can I Write A Book At All? - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Can I Write A Book At All? (405 Views)

Chidi Nwaogu, Just Broke A Fresh Guinness World For Longest Credit On A Book / Read A Book Today!!! / Victor Banjo: A Book By Deji Yesufu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Can I Write A Book At All? by Spark2: 10:01am On Mar 14, 2019
Hello great writers!
Please I love writing, and I love to write a book that will carry a great message for this generation. Whenever I see and think of how 'gigantic' other peoples' books/write-ups are I wonder where such persons get their words and inspirations from, And it gets me ask myself the question "can I ever write?"

I know there are men and women here who were at some points in their life in my shoes and are now great writers, can you share with me your personal experience of your journey into the writing world, and if possible offer some advise to prospective writers like me.
Thank you and God bless you
Re: Can I Write A Book At All? by meobizy(f): 6:47pm On Mar 14, 2019
Spark2:
Hello great writers!
Please I love writing, and I love to write a book that will carry a great message for this generation. Whenever I see and think of how 'gigantic' other peoples' books/write-ups are I wonder where such persons get their words and inspirations from, And it gets me ask myself the question "can I ever write?"

I know there are men and women here who were at some points in their life in my shoes and are now great writers, can you share with me your personal experience of your journey into the writing world, and if possible offer some advise to prospective writers like me.
Thank you and God bless you
You can do it the same way I built my love for reading.
I never cared to read.
I hated the very idea of wasting time to pore over write ups.
I learned about Encarta Encyclopedia.
It contained so many subjects and real world information.
I read it every night after work.
From there it became a habit.
I moved over to Wikipedia, a more diverse collection of information.
YouTube then started the comments section.
You see the progression?
At some point in time I learned of audio books.
Audio books were my stepping stone to real world books.
Books were lengthy so I started with two, four and fifty page books.
Now I can run through a hundred pages easy, depending on my level of interest in the subject.

If you want to write a book create a two page one.
No one says you should start with forty.
From there you eventually build up.

SPACE FOR SALE.
My eye don red so a purchase is 80,000,000 NGN.
I accept bank transfers, bitcoin payments, Western Union and airtime equivalent.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Good Website Content Writers Urgently Needed -- WE PAY DAILY / Comedy Skit Writers Wanted For Hire / N/A

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.