Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,356 members, 7,815,756 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:44 PM

Appeal For Re-opening And Extension OF Direct Entry Registration Till April 30th - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Appeal For Re-opening And Extension OF Direct Entry Registration Till April 30th (4144 Views)

ASUU Confirms Extension Of Strike By 3 Months / COVID-19: Doctors, Parents, Teachers Caution FG Against Re-Opening Of Schools / WAEC Extends Private Candidates Registration Till January (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Appeal For Re-opening And Extension OF Direct Entry Registration Till April 30th by damilare442: 10:47pm On Mar 14, 2019
Consequent upon the unprecedented closure of the Direct Entry form registration portal on Thursday, 21st February 2019, I am compelled to write and appeal for an extension and the re-opening of the Direct Entry registration till 30th April, 2019.

From precedence, the sales and registration of DE form normally extends to the month of June and beyond on
yearly basis.

This practice has always given opportunity for prospective admission seekers of IJMB, OND, NCE,
HND, Cambridge, and JUPEB programs to meet up and complete their DE form registration before closure.

Recall that IJMB examination ended on 12th February 2019, while students for the 2019 Cambridge and JUPEB
programs have not even received their examination numbers with which to fill their DE forms.

I am an admission seeker, who have been trying my luck since 2013. I decided to try A’level this year after writing JAMB five times without luck of securing admission.

The 2019 Cambridge and JUPEB examinations are due to come up between the months of May and June.
Recall also that the government mandated the academic institutions to release the students for holiday in preparation for the just concluded 2019 general elections. Consequently, parents called back home their children.

The sudden closure of the DE registration portal during the course of the elections was a bombshell on thousands of prospective applicants who never heard of such notification earlier. Such decision by the office of the JAMB Registrar to close the DE registration portal lacks adequate publicity, contrary to the existing practice.

It would surprise you to know that most institutions and stakeholders even advised their IJMB and JUPEB students to wait for their examination numbers so as to enable them fill their DE forms appropriately.

Sincerely, I understand that the Registrar,Prof. Ishaq Oloyede is a man of immense integrity who is focused on introducing, consolidating and maintaining a more stable educational policy for the country.

I however appeal that such policy should take cognizance of the timing
of the various examination bodies whose candidates are the prospective applicants for the DE Registration.

Improved public awareness on any change in existing practice is also vital. A systemic educational policy is
necessary for an enduring development.

My suggestion, and the ideal practice, is for the UTME registration to close
first before the DE registration.

In the light of these, I implore the media houses, concerned stakeholders and citizens to prevail on the
Registrar to revert the decision, to re-open the DE portal and extend the registration till April 30th 2019 for the sake of the thousands of prospective applicants like me who could not register for the obvious reasons stated above.

On behalf of the millions of Nigerian admission seekers through the Direct Entry, I am hopeful that this
appeal will be given the required attention in favour of public interest.

For the Attentions of:

Registrar of JAMB
All Media Houses
Minister for Education
Minister for Information
Chairman Senate Committee on Education
State Commissioners for Education
National University Commission
National Board for Technical Education
Advanced Level Examination Bodies: IJMB, JUPEB, NABTEB, CAMBRIDGE
Educational organizations

1 Share

Re: Appeal For Re-opening And Extension OF Direct Entry Registration Till April 30th by Blessed3434(m): 10:58pm On Mar 14, 2019
Thank you, you have spoken my mind. God bless you for this..
Re: Appeal For Re-opening And Extension OF Direct Entry Registration Till April 30th by Paulpeterparker: 11:23pm On Mar 14, 2019
they are likely going to reopen it.
Re: Appeal For Re-opening And Extension OF Direct Entry Registration Till April 30th by egojeny1(f): 8:50am On Mar 15, 2019
damilare442:

Consequent upon the unprecedented closure of the Direct Entry form registration portal on Thursday, 21st February 2019, I am compelled to write and appeal for an extension and the re-opening of the Direct Entry registration till 30th April, 2019.

From precedence, the sales and registration of DE form normally extends to the month of June and beyond on
yearly basis.

This practice has always given opportunity for prospective admission seekers of IJMB, OND, NCE,
HND, Cambridge, and JUPEB programs to meet up and complete their DE form registration before closure.

Recall that IJMB examination ended on 12th February 2019, while students for the 2019 Cambridge and JUPEB
programs have not even received their examination numbers with which to fill their DE forms.

I am an admission seeker, who have been trying my luck since 2013. I decided to try A’level this year after writing JAMB five times without luck of securing admission.

The 2019 Cambridge and JUPEB examinations are due to come up between the months of May and June.
Recall also that the government mandated the academic institutions to release the students for holiday in preparation for the just concluded 2019 general elections. Consequently, parents called back home their children.

The sudden closure of the DE registration portal during the course of the elections was a bombshell on thousands of prospective applicants who never heard of such notification earlier. Such decision by the office of the JAMB Registrar to close the DE registration portal lacks adequate publicity, contrary to the existing practice.

It would surprise you to know that most institutions and stakeholders even advised their IJMB and JUPEB students to wait for their examination numbers so as to enable them fill their DE forms appropriately.

Sincerely, I understand that the Registrar,Prof. Ishaq Oloyede is a man of immense integrity who is focused on introducing, consolidating and maintaining a more stable educational policy for the country.

I however appeal that such policy should take cognizance of the timing
of the various examination bodies whose candidates are the prospective applicants for the DE Registration.

Improved public awareness on any change in existing practice is also vital. A systemic educational policy is
necessary for an enduring development.

My suggestion, and the ideal practice, is for the UTME registration to close
first before the DE registration.

In the light of these, I implore the media houses, concerned stakeholders and citizens to prevail on the
Registrar to revert the decision, to re-open the DE portal and extend the registration till April 30th 2019 for the sake of the thousands of prospective applicants like me who could not register for the obvious reasons stated above.

On behalf of the millions of Nigerian admission seekers through the Direct Entry, I am hopeful that this
appeal will be given the required attention in favour of public interest.

For the Attentions of:

Registrar of JAMB
All Media Houses
Minister for Education
Minister for Information
Chairman Senate Committee on Education
State Commissioners for Education
National University Commission
National Board for Technical Education
Advanced Level Examination Bodies: IJMB, JUPEB, NABTEB, CAMBRIDGE
Educational organizations
Well elaborated.
Thank u so much bro/sis for this appeal. I made a comment on this yesterday here on nairaland.

Let's hope our wish will be granted.
Re: Appeal For Re-opening And Extension OF Direct Entry Registration Till April 30th by Dvd4: 5:34pm On Mar 15, 2019
As in eh! I don't understand this people again oh!

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria's Most Venomous Snakes . / University Of Leeds Vs University Of Manchester Which Is Better? / Pls Is Olabisi Onabanjo University Consult Real?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.