Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,029 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:00 AM

They Just Stole My Phone In Lagos Traffic - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / They Just Stole My Phone In Lagos Traffic (4757 Views)

Is Xiaomi That Good Or Are They Just Being Overrated / The Zanco Tiny T1, The Smallest Mobile Phone In The World (Photo) / This Guy Stole My Samsung Phone And Never Knew It Backed Up All His Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

They Just Stole My Phone In Lagos Traffic by greencard: 11:50am On Mar 15, 2019
Pls even if it almost impossible to get the phone back, how can I block the phone or sim to avoid gaining access to my infos ?

1 Like

Re: They Just Stole My Phone In Lagos Traffic by DonBenny77(m): 11:55am On Mar 15, 2019
greencard:
Pls even if it almost impossible to get the phone back, how can I block the phone or sim to avoid gaining access to my infos ?

Chai sorry,

Go retrieve your sim soonest

1 Like

Re: They Just Stole My Phone In Lagos Traffic by harkandey(m): 12:01pm On Mar 15, 2019
if you have the imei number of the phone, you can report to the police, they'll track it for you.

1 Like

Re: They Just Stole My Phone In Lagos Traffic by Nobody: 12:03pm On Mar 15, 2019
greencard:
If the sim is tied your BVN/bank accounts. Quickly block access to it by calling your bank or go retrive the sim as soon as possible so you don't come back here to share a heart touching story of how you bank account was cleared.

2 Likes

Re: They Just Stole My Phone In Lagos Traffic by YoungG12(m): 12:06pm On Mar 15, 2019
cool cheesy[color=#990000][/color]cant wait to read the touching heart story
Re: They Just Stole My Phone In Lagos Traffic by greencard: 12:07pm On Mar 15, 2019
aaronson:
If the sim is tied your BVN/bank accounts. Quickly block access to it by calling your bank or go retrive the sim as soon as possible so you don't come back here to share a heart touching story of how you bank account was cleared.
alright thanks
Re: They Just Stole My Phone In Lagos Traffic by greencard: 12:08pm On Mar 15, 2019
YoungG12:
cool cheesy[color=#990000][/color]cant wait to read the touching heart story
lol. U go wait tire
Re: They Just Stole My Phone In Lagos Traffic by Nobody: 3:48pm On Mar 15, 2019
Nobody will gain access to your account.They will discard the SIM card and sell the phone.Go to computer village around 7am.You will see some guys brandishing mobile phones for sale.One of those might be among them.

6 Likes

Re: They Just Stole My Phone In Lagos Traffic by phemsie(m): 5:20pm On Mar 15, 2019
How did u create this topic, if your phone was stolen??

Just asking...

1 Like

Re: They Just Stole My Phone In Lagos Traffic by Nobody: 5:31pm On Mar 15, 2019
Afonjas at work.
I lost a phone at Obalende during my NYSC days. called the stupid agbero guy that stole it and all his replies were "WHY"

10 Likes

Re: They Just Stole My Phone In Lagos Traffic by dingbang(m): 5:36pm On Mar 15, 2019
phemsie:

Just asking...
no mind am
Re: They Just Stole My Phone In Lagos Traffic by Olibboy: 5:41pm On Mar 15, 2019
greencard:
if you are using security on your phone. next thing is to retrieve ur line
Re: They Just Stole My Phone In Lagos Traffic by Olibboy: 5:45pm On Mar 15, 2019
comshots:
Nobody will gain access to your account.They will discard the SIM card and sell the phone.Go to computer village around 7am.You will see some guys brandishing mobile phones for sale.One of those might be among them.
lolz....na only one joint dey computer village?

4 Likes

Re: They Just Stole My Phone In Lagos Traffic by fibonacci2526: 7:05pm On Mar 15, 2019
comshots:

They can, my phone was stolen last year, they got rid of the phone and went away with the SIM. Long story short they withdrew 100k from my account before I could get to the bank. They used just my registered SIM

1 Like 1 Share

Re: They Just Stole My Phone In Lagos Traffic by fibonacci2526: 7:06pm On Mar 15, 2019
aaronson:

Exactly, I was lucky in my case that they only withdrew 100k as that was the daily limit. I for just faint if say dem clear my account.
Re: They Just Stole My Phone In Lagos Traffic by aezenkwu(m): 7:27pm On Mar 15, 2019
I don't understand this. How would they withdraw money they don't have passwords for

2 Likes

Re: They Just Stole My Phone In Lagos Traffic by Nobody: 7:48pm On Mar 15, 2019
Few days ago , some pickpockets made away with my phone, phone in my pocket while listening to morning news, they left the earpiece and took the phone ,first thing I did was call my bank to put my account on PND, then went to,block the SIM card. I logged on to find my phone on goggle changed my email password and then wiped the hard drive.

Next, I logged on to my avast phone guard app interface, the app helps secure your phone , it won't turn on if sim card is changed without my input, I can alway track the phpme number of the new sim, lock the phone, open GPS and even take front view camera shot of the thief

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: They Just Stole My Phone In Lagos Traffic by fibonacci2526: 8:57pm On Mar 15, 2019
aezenkwu:
I don't understand this. How would they withdraw money they don't have passwords for

BVN, they can check your BVN via your bank registered SIM.
Re: They Just Stole My Phone In Lagos Traffic by kevoh(m): 9:02pm On Mar 15, 2019
fibonacci2526:

They can, my phone was stolen last year, they got rid of the phone and went away with the SIM. Long story short they withdrew 100k from my account before I could get to the bank. They used just my registered SIM
Don't wait till you get to bank before blocking your account. Borrow a phone and call your bank's customer care right away, they will block it immediately.

2 Likes

Re: They Just Stole My Phone In Lagos Traffic by BoboKush(m): 9:06pm On Mar 15, 2019
harkandey:
if you have the imei number of the phone, you can report to the police, they'll track it for you.

Believe this at ur own peril

7 Likes

Re: They Just Stole My Phone In Lagos Traffic by BoboKush(m): 9:08pm On Mar 15, 2019
rafhell:
Afonjas at work.
I lost a phone at Obalende during my NYSC days. called the stupid agbero guy that stole it and all his answers were "WHY"

Yes why r u disturbing him
Re: They Just Stole My Phone In Lagos Traffic by Omololu2121: 9:13pm On Mar 15, 2019
rafhell:
Afonjas at work.
I lost a phone at Obalende during my NYSC days. called the stupid agbero guy that stole it and all his answers were "WHY"
grin
Re: They Just Stole My Phone In Lagos Traffic by Thukzee01(m): 9:16pm On Mar 15, 2019
rychard:
Few days ago , some pickpockets made away with my phone, phone in my pocket while listening to morning news, they left the earpiece and took the phone ,first thing I did was call my bank to put my account on PND, then went to,block the SIM card. I logged on to find my phone on goggle changed my email password and then wiped the hard drive.

Next, I logged on to my avast phone guard app interface, the app helps secure your phone , it won't turn on if sim card is changed without my input, I can alway track the phpme number of the new sim, lock the phone, open GPS and even take front view camera shot of the thief

e be like u no stay for Nigeria sha

3 Likes

Re: They Just Stole My Phone In Lagos Traffic by Kylekent59: 9:17pm On Mar 15, 2019
fibonacci2526:

Exactly, I was lucky in my case that they only withdrew 100k as that was the daily limit. I for just faint if say dem clear my account.

I don't understand ooo

Ok, what if I have your contact on my phone, I now copy your number,went to retrieve another sim using your number.

That means, I can use it to withdraw your money or buy airtime.

But password is needed to wipe an account, then how did the thief gets the password?
Re: They Just Stole My Phone In Lagos Traffic by fibonacci2526: 9:26pm On Mar 15, 2019
Kylekent59:

I don't understand ooo

Ok, what if I have your contact on my phone, I now copy your number,went to retrieve another sim using your number.

That means, I can use it to withdraw your money or buy airtime.

But password is needed to wipe an account, then how did the thief gets the password?

Which password? I didn't activate USSD on my line, so they initiated a fresh ussd on my line.

3 Likes

Re: They Just Stole My Phone In Lagos Traffic by Kylekent59: 9:34pm On Mar 15, 2019
fibonacci2526:

Which password? I didn't activate USSD on my line, so they initiated a fresh ussd on my line.

k
Re: They Just Stole My Phone In Lagos Traffic by eghuan1(m): 10:44pm On Mar 15, 2019
harkandey:

This is the biggest lie police won't tell you about.

Last year my phone was stolen in dolphin estate in Lagos. I took the park and ticket from slot with all the necessary details to police college were I was directed to the unit that does the tracking.

They said it will cost me 20k and that the phone can only be tracked if another sim card is inserted into the phone and its a 50/50 thing.

Phone that I bought for 36k. I just packed my belongings and went to get a new phone at computer village.

Police go just chop your money and they won't do anything

11 Likes

Re: They Just Stole My Phone In Lagos Traffic by reeblaze(m): 11:29pm On Mar 15, 2019
phemsie:

Just asking...

As I see the topic, na wetin I wan ask sef grin grin
Re: They Just Stole My Phone In Lagos Traffic by nwaobitex: 12:01am On Mar 16, 2019
fibonacci2526:

what kind of account is that with a daily limit

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Does Redmi 9A Have A G25 Processor ? / Xiaomi: I Am Being Attacked For Exposing The Brand / Can't Check Balance On My Blackberry Storm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.