Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,359 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:25 PM

Wanna Be A Full Time Internet Marketer But I'm Confused! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Wanna Be A Full Time Internet Marketer But I'm Confused! (691 Views)

Bank Says I'm Owing Them, But I'm Not. Please Help! / I Just Opened A Business And Got A Salary Work I'm Confused / Internet Marketer/entrepreneur Let Connect (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wanna Be A Full Time Internet Marketer But I'm Confused! by HAkorehdeh(m): 9:31pm On Mar 15, 2019
I am an affiliate marketer. I completed my nysc last year November and since then I have been looking for a job. I'm not looking for the job because I am broke or I'm actually interested in working anywhere but because I feel it's the best way to leave my parent's house.
Everyday I learn some new things about internet marketing but I barely have the time to practice anything. There is just a lot of tasks here! Yet there's limit to what I can influence. I still have to hide some things about myself too so people don't suspect I have money (my family settings thingy).

All the time I have always thought about leaving and renting my own apartment but when I discussed it with my mom (of course she knows I make money online). She told me it's not possible for me to just rent an apartment outside without having an offline job (9-5). She said a lot of people would start thinking I'm some kind of scammer (yahoo yahoo), some might even start telling it to my face and they might go as far as setting me up... To a very great extent I understand her point but I've stayed 5 months already, no job and it's tiring!
I feel I'm wasting my time. I also have a passion for programming, I enrolled for a class but still I barely have the time to practice it too. I have the hope that I'd be more productive living alone.

I want to know if anyone (especially affiliate marketers or freelancers) has been in my shoes before? Even if not, what advice would you give me?

I will be 23 this month BTW!

1 Like

Re: Wanna Be A Full Time Internet Marketer But I'm Confused! by Yahoo24(m): 10:20pm On Mar 15, 2019
grin
Na Yahoo you go do las las

1 Like

Re: Wanna Be A Full Time Internet Marketer But I'm Confused! by Zepher528(f): 6:03am On Mar 16, 2019
HAkorehdeh:
I am an affiliate marketer. I completed my nysc last year November and since then I have been looking for a job. I'm not looking for the job because I am broke or I'm actually interested in working anywhere but because I feel it's the best way to leave my parent's house.
Everyday I learn some new things about internet marketing but I barely have the time to practice anything. There is just a lot of tasks here! Yet there's limit to what I can influence. I still have to hide some things about myself too so people don't suspect I have money (my family settings thingy).

All the time I have always thought about leaving and renting my own apartment but when I discussed it with my mom (of course she knows I make money online). She told me it's not possible for me to just rent an apartment outside without having an offline job (9-5). She said a lot of people would start thinking I'm some kind of scammer (yahoo yahoo), some might even start telling it to my face and they might go as far as setting me up... To a very great extent I understand her point but I've stayed 5 months already, no job and it's tiring!
I feel I'm wasting my time. I also have a passion for programming, I enrolled for a class but still I barely have the time to practice it too. I have the hope that I'd be more productive living alone.

I want to know if anyone (especially affiliate marketers or freelancers) has been in my shoes before? Even if not, what advice would you give me?

Bro you're a man in your own rights, try to make them understand that you won't always be with them and some day you're gonna start a FAM of your own.

I don't think you necessarily need a job to move out but seeing as I don't know the nature of things at your house, my advice to you is to allocate a specific time to yourself as your work time n mk sure every1 knows not to disturb u at that time.
example: you work in the morning from 8am-1pm, no calls, no text, no one around u for that timeframe.
But,
If u try this, it doesn't work n u still feel its best to move out, then do it.
There's no time to waste time. You need to focus on you n building yourself.

I understand what you mean about ppl setting you up n trying to take advantage. In this case I'd advice you to start small, don't get a flashy apartment n things that attracts unwanted attention, do your things on a low key cos everybody doesn't have to know everything about you. And as time goes on you can start looking into building your own house. If ppl ask what you do for a living n u don't want to tell them wat you actually do, make up something n tell them you work in an advertising firm or whatever come comes to mind.

At least you've started something profitable n are making waves. Most ppl your age or older than you still have nothing reasonable doing.

I know what it is to feel like your life is wasting away before your eyes. I'm turning 23 nxt month n have nothing to show for it.
I graduated in September last year. I came back to Lag with the hope of finding a job to raise money for my clearance and nysc but till now no job. I decided to find something online n got in to Affiliate/CPA Mkt around November, 2018 but I haven't made shingbain. Its just confusion everywhere.

Let me know if its helpful to you.

2 Likes

Re: Wanna Be A Full Time Internet Marketer But I'm Confused! by sonature1: 8:11am On Mar 16, 2019
Uncle, I don't know why u are in a hurry to leave home whereas your parents don't limit you desire to advance your career.
I understand your mom's argument in relation to your age.

You probably want some freedom to start carrying girls up and down grin..HAkorehdeh, it doesn't take any guy anywhere.

Seriously, staying alone comes with huge responsibilities and if u are not financially stable, u may be overwhelmed. I see my neighbors come to beg me stuff from time to time...even though we are struggling to eke out a living. Tell me, is that the kinda life u want to live?

With respect to freelancing, that's what I do too...yes, I work from home and make enough money to pay my bills and send money home. And to what your neighbors think, I have that challenge too. However, I have shown a few of them that are close to me what I do...so I don't give a damn what others think. Why should you worry when u aren't into cybercrime? Uncle, that should be the least of your worries.

Final words: Stay at home and develop sound footing in affiliate marketing before leaving home. If u want to try programming, give it a shot. But most importantly, before taking the overwhelming responsibility of paying bills, make sure u have a sound footing. Uncle, u don't need a regular 9-5 before leaving home...I wish I knew this earlier. Enlighten your mom...I did the same too. Make her trust you. Linda Ikeji became established through blogging...we can do even greater things. Yes, I am a freelance content writer.
Re: Wanna Be A Full Time Internet Marketer But I'm Confused! by darexkey(m): 8:37pm On Mar 16, 2019
i can guide you through your internet marketing journey. Chat me up on whatsapp 07039359066
Re: Wanna Be A Full Time Internet Marketer But I'm Confused! by Sinzu04: 8:51pm On Jul 24, 2019
HAkoredeh , please how can I contact you, i want to discuss something with you please
Re: Wanna Be A Full Time Internet Marketer But I'm Confused! by HAkorehdeh(m): 9:25pm On Jul 24, 2019
I just replied your PM
Sinzu04:
HAkoredeh , please how can I contact you, i want to discuss something with you please
Re: Wanna Be A Full Time Internet Marketer But I'm Confused! by Istan2020: 11:49am On Nov 06, 2020
HAkorehdeh:
I just replied your PM
Please, I want to get in touch with you. Can you drop your contact?
Re: Wanna Be A Full Time Internet Marketer But I'm Confused! by HAkorehdeh(m): 12:00pm On Nov 06, 2020
Istan2020:

Please, I want to get in touch with you. Can you drop your contact?
I just replied to you (email), sir!
Re: Wanna Be A Full Time Internet Marketer But I'm Confused! by Istan2020: 12:12pm On Nov 06, 2020
HAkorehdeh:
Okay.
Re: Wanna Be A Full Time Internet Marketer But I'm Confused! by Istan2020: 4:29pm On Nov 06, 2020
HAkorehdeh:
Please reply your mail.
Re: Wanna Be A Full Time Internet Marketer But I'm Confused! by Istan2020: 9:00pm On Nov 08, 2020
HAkorehdeh:
You still haven't replied bro cry
Re: Wanna Be A Full Time Internet Marketer But I'm Confused! by flexyndavis(m): 9:42pm On Nov 08, 2020
Hakorehdeh
Pls guide me right as am new to affiliate marketing, my email is johnpaulibeamalu@gmail.com, or Ibeamalu chukwuebuka on Facebook
Re: Wanna Be A Full Time Internet Marketer But I'm Confused! by WorkTheTalk(m): 10:12pm On Nov 08, 2020
HAkorehdeh:

You can just start somewhere. Read as much as you can to update yourself. You can equally harness software and apps for easy results.

Check my signature for money making apps

(1) (Reply)

Get Quality CCTV Camera Installation For Only 170k. Hurry Now!! / Learn How To Make Rug / Mention Your Problem Someone May Help You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.