Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,269 members, 7,826,031 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:49 AM

Prospects In Biotechnology:what Are My Chances After Graduation. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Prospects In Biotechnology:what Are My Chances After Graduation. (2045 Views)

Too Many Young People Are Getting Stuck 2-5yrs After Graduation / My Journey After Graduation In 2012 / 10 Years After Graduation: What Are Your Experiences In The Labour Market? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Prospects In Biotechnology:what Are My Chances After Graduation. by TessBiwom(f): 5:07pm On Mar 16, 2019
It's a new course that is still coming up and there are few schools that award "BSc" in the degree level.I'm interested in the Medical aspect(Pharmaceutical Biotechnology).
Re: Prospects In Biotechnology:what Are My Chances After Graduation. by Tony142: 5:41pm On Mar 16, 2019
TessBiwom:
It's a new course that is still coming up and there are few schools that award "BSc" in the degree level.I'm interested in the Medical aspect(Pharmaceutical Biotechnology).

See, when will u guys stop asking all this useless question , ur success in life do not depend on the course u study, if fact go and learn like 3 skills or handwork, or focus on u talent and forget about schooling , school na scam

4 Likes

Re: Prospects In Biotechnology:what Are My Chances After Graduation. by TessBiwom(f): 8:51pm On Mar 16, 2019
Tony142:

See, when will u guys stop asking all this useless question , ur success in life do not depend on the course u study, if fact go and learn like 3 skills or handwork, or focus on u talent and forget about schooling , school na scam

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Prospects In Biotechnology:what Are My Chances After Graduation. by Acehart: 3:19pm On May 05, 2019
I don’t know any company in Nigeria that is set up for biotechnology. If you find any, they may be involved with international aid agencies on diseases and control. If this is the case, they will be somewhere in the north and your chances of finding them are slim.

If you possess a masters degree, that is good news as you can apply for a PhD placement in a good American school that offers full scholarship and a graduate assistant post simultaneously. (You would have to do the exams that will grant you an admission, and let me say that you will have to read like you have never read before - read like your life depends on it).

If it is your dream to practice as a biotechnologist, Nigeria wouldn’t offer you many options except the research institutes we have (which are underfunded and staff underpaid) or a lecturing position which will be frustrating (to say the least).

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prospects In Biotechnology:what Are My Chances After Graduation. by arinzos(m): 7:11pm On May 05, 2019
Tony142:

Re: Prospects In Biotechnology:what Are My Chances After Graduation. by arinzos(m): 7:11pm On May 05, 2019
Tony142:

Re: Prospects In Biotechnology:what Are My Chances After Graduation. by arinzos(m): 7:12pm On May 05, 2019
Tony142:

School na scam??
I am sure you are a graduate or still an undergraduate sef...spewing trash.

1 Like

Re: Prospects In Biotechnology:what Are My Chances After Graduation. by Jaydchukwuemeka(m): 12:12pm On May 06, 2019
TessBiwom:

My broda/Sister..
Please education isn't scam.. Continue your education and learn skills also. Biotechnology is an upcoming field. If you can find your way out of this country it will be perfect for your career .
Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Prospects In Biotechnology:what Are My Chances After Graduation. by Tony142: 4:58pm On May 06, 2019
arinzos:

School na scam??
I am sure you are a graduate or still an undergraduate sef...spewing trash.

Well I know ur small brain will not let u to understand what I mean, this is what I mean

School is not a scam, but Nigeria is a scam, since Nigeria is a scam, we can therefore say, education in Nigeria is a scam if u did not have the right connection after graduating

3 Likes

Re: Prospects In Biotechnology:what Are My Chances After Graduation. by darkelf: 6:29pm On May 06, 2019
Tony142:

If the question is useless, why did you answer?.

2 Likes

Re: Prospects In Biotechnology:what Are My Chances After Graduation. by darkelf: 6:37pm On May 06, 2019
TessBiwom:

It depends on a lot of factors:

Are you passionate about the course? If yes, then I suggest you apply your passion into it. Ensure you graduate with a good grade. Take all your assignments and school work seriously.

Its a lab based/research course with a wealth of applications in medicine, food/agriculture. Nowadays, many new therapies are based on biotechnology. You have genetic engineering which is used to develop the genetic modified foods with better nutritional value and higher yield. Nowadays, many developed countries of the world use biotechnology to combat famine and drought.

My advise is to ensure you graduate with an excellent grade and then apply for postgraduate scholarships in schools abroad (the North American schools; USA and Canada are preferable). I'm such countries, you have a better opportunity city to apply your course of study for the benefit of humanity.

You can send me a mail for further info (all free of charge). Thanks

1 Like

Re: Prospects In Biotechnology:what Are My Chances After Graduation. by TessBiwom(f): 8:36pm On May 06, 2019
darkelf:

It depends on a lot of factors:

Are you passionate about the course? If yes, then I suggest you apply your passion into it. Ensure you graduate with a good grade. Take all your assignments and school work seriously.

Its a lab based/research course with a wealth of applications in medicine, food/agriculture. Nowadays, many new therapies are based on biotechnology. You have genetic engineering which is used to develop the genetic modified
foods with better nutritional value and higher yield. Nowadays, many developed countries of the world use biotechnology to combat famine and drought.

My advise is to ensure you graduate with an excellent grade and then apply for postgraduate scholarships in schools abroad (the North American schools; USA and Canada are preferable). I'm such countries, you have a better opportunity city to apply your course of study for the benefit of humanity.

You can send me a mail for further info (all free of charge). Thanks

Thankyou so much,you're kind.

1 Like

Re: Prospects In Biotechnology:what Are My Chances After Graduation. by Tony142: 12:25pm On May 07, 2019
darkelf:

If the question is useless, why did you answer?.

I answered for the fun of it
Re: Prospects In Biotechnology:what Are My Chances After Graduation. by Biingoo: 10:02am On Nov 26, 2019
TessBiwom:
hi
Re: Prospects In Biotechnology:what Are My Chances After Graduation. by FiverrTutor(m): 11:01pm On Apr 22, 2021
TessBiwom:

Hi can we connect? Send me a message at kalada1983@yahoo.com so we exchange numbers.

Hoping to hear from you.

(1) (Reply)

Learn Microsoft Azure / Airforce Institute Of Technology Kaduna / Learn Digital Marketing ( Adword)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.