Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,440 members, 7,819,627 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:28 PM

The Knock At Your Door - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Knock At Your Door (581 Views)

Ooni Of Ife’s Spirit Knocked My Door In Nigeria On The Day He Died – Prophet / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Uses Invisible Power To Knock Down Church Members / Higher Everyday — Demas Was A Disciple (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Knock At Your Door by Yefet(m): 1:59pm On Sep 03, 2010
September 3, 2010

The Knock at Your Door

By Michael Youssef, Ph.D.

Imagine being so blinded to the truth of God that you actually miss His best for your life. There are people who are so "spiritually dead"to God's commandments and principles that they cannot and do not recognize His presence at work in their lives--especially in our world today.

Many have stated that the problem lies in our lack of communication. They believe we need to sit down and talk about the world's problems and the immoral climate of our society, but they have no desire to communicate with the One who has the answer for all our needs--Jesus Christ.

For far too long, we have been satisfied to take a backseat approach to the Bible and to the truth found within its pages. We pretend to pursue God's love, but our motives are compromising and self-serving. Some only like to think of God as being all-loving. He is, but He also is a God of justice who will judge our sins.

For now, God has allowed the door of salvation to remain open. However, a time is coming when that door will be closed for eternity. What is the sin so horrendous that it would bring this type of response from the Lord of heaven and earth? It is the sin that prevents men and women from receiving God's gracious gift of eternal life--repeated rejection of His Son, the Lord Jesus Christ.

Jesus told His followers,"I am the way, No one comes to the Father except through me" (John 14:6). He is our only door to salvation. Is there someone you know who needs to hear the Gospel? Pray that his ears will be opened and that he will hear the truth for the first time.

Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me (Revelation 3:20).

www.leadingtheway.org

(1) (Reply)

I Urgently Need A Man Of God / "karbala : When The Skies Wept Blood" / And Jesus Wept

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.