Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,381 members, 7,815,808 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:44 PM

We are good - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / We are good (2032 Views)

Amazing Babies With Great Swimming Skills. They Are Good At It. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We are good by Graduate2015: 12:55am On Mar 17, 2019
Thanks for taking ur time to read

1 Like

Re: We are good by Nobody: 12:57am On Mar 17, 2019
Needy, insecure , Petty and very vindictive
Grow up, and stop creating fiction on a cheap forum!

[img]https://media1./images/41623c30893884b0cd1b2d696a3abd33/tenor.gif?itemid=9495358[/img]

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: We are good by cococandy(f): 2:05am On Mar 17, 2019
Am I overreacting?’

Not ‘are my overreacting?’

That’s all.

3 Likes

Re: We are good by Dada2010: 2:50am On Mar 17, 2019
My dear you are not over reacting.
You should feel betrayed, thats normal.
You have told your sisters and your mom how you felt, that shows you have reacted and can face issues instead of running away and holding grudges.
But from your post, you have a loving family.
So you have to tell them , so they will not think you are retaliating thereby putting strain on your relationship with them.
Ultimately ask your husband if you should tell them. Since he also is not telling his family.
Putting myself in your shoes, I would tell them when its 4 to 6 months, and don't give any clear details until delivery.
NB-your sister didn't tell you because of your sister in law, find out why she was scared, you might want to know
Re: We are good by Graduate2015: 3:01am On Mar 17, 2019
Dada2010:
My dear you are not over reacting.
You should feel betrayed, thats normal.
You have told your sisters and your mom how you felt, that shows you have reacted and can face issues instead of running away and holding grudges.
But from your post, you have a loving family.
So you have to tell them , so they will not think you are retaliating thereby putting strain on your relationship with them.
Ultimately ask your husband if you should tell them. Since he also is not telling his family.
Putting myself in your shoes, I would tell them when its 4 to 6 months, and don't give any clear details until delivery.
NB-your sister didn't tell you because of your sister in law, find out why she was scared, you might want to know

Thanks for ur response. They had a misunderstanding which was about my her husband's attitude and how she is not helping herself(getting pregnant every year, not thinking of doing something), so she feels like our sister in law is gonna get upset and gossip about her more if she finds out about her current situation (that pregnancy). She thinks since we both live in the same country I might tell her hence her reasons for withhelding it from me.
Re: We are good by donstan18: 9:10am On Mar 17, 2019
I find it hard to understand why women are quick to make a big deal out of nothing.

Very bad!!

Re: We are good by Jayslicky: 9:45am On Mar 17, 2019
What is wrong with some women? Why exhibit childish behaviour, your mum, you, your sisters are all immature, so if a person does something bad do you also have to do same, grow up and stop whining over spoilt milk.

1 Like

Re: We are good by Mariangeles(f): 9:34pm On Mar 17, 2019
Graduate2015:
Sorry this is going to be a lengthy post. This is a sequel to my last post last year.

I have something that has been bothering me since I found out I am pregnant. I have not told anyone in my family I am pregnant yet and i will spill the reasons for that.
Our family is very close knit and we look out for one another. I am particularly very close to my elder sister and my mum but I feel betrayed early last year when my younger sister got pregnant and they all hid it from me. Just got to know on the day she had a baby as she sent me a message. When I spoke to her on the phone and inquired why nobody knew she was pregnant all this while she told me our mum and sister knew long time ago and I asked why she didn't tell me she said I am close to our sister in law whom she has an issue with and decided not to let me know as she thinks I might tell her. I was heartbroken the whole week from the betrayal esp from mum and sister as I talk with them all the time and they never mentioned it.

When my elder sister called me I didn't waste time to inform her how disappointed I was but she kept saying our younger sister only informed her few weeks before her delivery and said she shouldn't tell anyone. My mum also said same that she only told her like two weeks before delivery. I don't know who to believe.
My younger sister already has 3 kids without space in 4yrs via CSs. She doesnt have a job and always quarrel with her husband to the extent that the whole of her 3rd pregnancy she lived with mum and dad as she separated from her husband. After she had her 3rd baby our family wanted her to concentrate on being independent and looking after herself. So everyone was worried about her health and the family insisted on contraception and my elder brother ensured she got one from his doctor.

She made up with her husband after delivery and went back to live with him. No one knew that she removed the contraception and got pregnant 4th time which was the pregnancy she hid from me. When she had her 4th baby, her first child was few weeks away from turning 5 and last was close to 18months and all by CS. I bear no grudge against my younger sister for not telling me she was pregnant and I understand the excuse that she was ashamed, besides for that few months she was pregnant we grew apart as I moved here to a different country and time difference made it worse. But I still feel betrayed from my mum and elder sister even after their explanations and due to that I decided not to inform them I am pregnant and my husband is also not telling any of his family until the day baby is here. Besides everyone thinks we were not going to have anymore child as my last is 8yrs now. So we might keep it to ourselves. Am I overreacting for not telling them?
You're one of those bizarre people right ??

You're not telling any member of your family that you're pregnant, yet you're telling the whole world! cheesy

I won't be surprised if you got pregnant just to "do your own back " grin
Petty!
Petty!!
Petty!!!

1 Like

Re: We are good by mankettle(m): 4:47am On Mar 18, 2019
if u tell them or not, who does it affect? if they know or not who does it help?
I believe that you are overreacting if it's because your sister didn't tell you she is pregnant that's why you are reluctant to tell your mum and elder sister.
relax and take a chill pill. all the others you told them so what is different now? hmm.
Re: We are good by Rosarie(f): 9:59am On Mar 19, 2019
You are over reacting
Don't allow the devil come between ur family
I have been betrayed by family but mine my sister had no love..
So my dear ur family is closely knitted
Don't break the bond
Call ur younger sister and show her love.
Re: We are good by NoToPile: 1:27pm On Mar 19, 2019
I find it strange that people get angry over 'she didnt tell me she's pregnant' matter.

Its not compulsory your sister tells you shes pregnant neither is it compulsory you tell her you are pregnant. Shikena.

I dont even believe in announcing pregnancy.

You tell oo, you no tell ooo last last when you born we go hear.

Much ado about nothing.

2 Likes

Re: We are good by mabea: 7:19pm On Mar 19, 2019
Graduate2015:

Thanks for ur response. They had a misunderstanding which was about my her husband's attitude and how she is not helping herself(getting pregnant every year, not thinking of doing something), so she feels like our sister in law is gonna get upset and gossip about her more if she finds out about her current situation (that pregnancy). She thinks since we both live in the same country I might tell her hence her reasons for withhelding it from me.
Then you should understand and eschew vindictiveness.
Re: We are good by Nobody: 5:11am On Mar 20, 2019
Abeg stop jaree,you shouldn't do that since you have all advised her & she refused,just let her be, don't let petty issues like this cause issues between ya family, family is the best thing to me
Re: We are good by Richy4(m): 12:24pm On Mar 20, 2019
What's the big deal about telling people that you were pregnant?

Your family are not in a better position to tell your sister how to plan their family...it is between husband and wife...

She got pregnant and did not tell u... U too got angry and "fall pregnant" so that u won't tell.... haba!! Is it a competition?
Re: We are good by elmagnifico411(m): 2:43pm On Mar 20, 2019
I think they shoulda let u know that your kid sis was pregnant, and also add 'please don't let her sis in-law know'. You wouldn't have been worried or overreacting. The thing is childish in a way cos the in-law would know someday that the number of kids have increased and there's nothing that will happen.

More importantly, I think u guys should go to your sis as a family, and beg her not to think about giving birth again. It's very very dangerous! Her belly has been opened 5 times? She isn't even considering if anything goes wrong, who would take care of her kids..

Lastly, I think u should tell your people that you're pregnant. Like some said, seek permission from your husband first before doing so. After all, you're not a problem to them, and , U and your husband can afford the pregnancy.

(1) (Reply)

My Little Boy Does Not Eat...... / A Professional And Super Affordable Website For Your Business. / Who Do Love Most? Your Father Or Your Mother? Why?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.