Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,159 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:06 PM

Help, My Landlady Is Threatening My Life - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Help, My Landlady Is Threatening My Life (28583 Views)

My Landlady And Her Daughter Want To Finish Me! / My Landlady Just Brought A Quit Notice To Me Out Of The Blue! / Having Issues With My Landlady, I Need Your Honest Advise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help, My Landlady Is Threatening My Life by betterbest: 5:21am On Mar 17, 2019
I got the house through one agent November 2017, a room self contained. When I moved in, I discovered whenever I put on my small tiger Gen, the rest tenants would have light. I approached the landlady beg her to let me connect my own wire sepererately. She was just yelling at me and asked me to move out if I can't cope, she said she'll never allow separate wire in her compound. I couldn't use my generator for several months. August 2018, I bought a bigger generator, that help a little as I was able to use light, the rest tenants still have light but I have no choice. Meanwhile, in that house, you must not receive visitors, you must not put on face cap and you dare not talk to your fellow neighbors, she always suspects everybody, people in that community always wonder how we're able to stay in that compound. Though I hardly stay in the house, I traveled a lot.

I renewed my rent November last year. I traveled that same month, when I came back January 2019, I was told the landlady had locked generator house, preventing everybody from using generator, those living upstairs moved their generator up, that's when my nightmare began. I couldn't use Gen I couldn't sleep, whenever people living upstairs powered their generators, I won't be able to sleep, my ears is constantly on fire. I always drenched in my own sweat every night. Meanwhile she's putting on her own Gen from 7pm till the following morning 6am everyday. All the tenants have asked for refund of their money, 1 has moved out already, a neighbor suggested we approach her again and beg her. I told him it's a very bad idea because she won't listen... We approached her anyway, she was just shouting... and told me to get my balance if I can't cope. I called the agent and demanded for my rent (the remaining months).

A neighbor husband was trying to plead with her on the same Gen issue, she disgraced him, calling him an armed robber. Infact we are living in hell in that house. No free movement, she told me to remove my gotv because of the cable.

Friday evening, I couldn't sleep I have my bath and stepped outside to have a fresh air around 7.30- 8p.m when I came back from work. She was about driving out, the security guy open gate for her, I greeted her and she responded. Around 7am I heard her telling the caretaker that I wanted to rob her that what am I doing outside with just towel on at night...we have 2 separate buildings in that compound, hers is behind the tenant own... Very far to the entrance gate. I was shocked to hear such accusation against me, I confronted her, she said instead of her to refund my money that I'm going to spend it in police station that she'll ask the area boys to deal with me, she said if nothing happens to me now that she gives me just 6 months. I left for work around 8.30am my neighbor called to stay away from the house for now that she brought some guys to the compound, telling them that I wanted to rob and rape her lol (70) years old woman.

I went straight to the police station to report the case around 10am. The police said we should invite her, we got to the house but met her absent.

6pm yesterday, a police called me that my landlady has order my arrest for rape case that I should report to the Area m police station tomorrow 10.am. I'll be going there tomorrow.

Please how best can I handle this case. Thank you

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Help, My Landlady Is Threatening My Life by myners007: 5:27am On Mar 17, 2019
Leave the hell of a place as soon as you are able to raise fund for another apartment. Your peace of mind is far valuable than the refund you are expecting from the dare devil of a woman.

93 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Help, My Landlady Is Threatening My Life by nonen(m): 5:29am On Mar 17, 2019
Without blinking an eyelid, the easiest way to deal with that woman is to quickly exit that house. The more you stay there, the closer you are to your quick exit to jail or even grave.
#runforyourlife

76 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Help, My Landlady Is Threatening My Life by Oyindidi(f): 5:35am On Mar 17, 2019
Landlady from hell, that woman na big witch

45 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Help, My Landlady Is Threatening My Life by betterbest: 5:42am On Mar 17, 2019
nonen:
Without blinking an eyelid, the easiest way to deal with that woman is to quickly exit that house. The more you stay there, the closer you are to your quick exit to jail or even grave.
#runforyourlife

She needs to prove all allegations before this can happen. Thank you anyway

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help, My Landlady Is Threatening My Life by betterbest: 5:43am On Mar 17, 2019
Oyindidi:
Landlady from hell, that woman na big witch

Na real from hell

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help, My Landlady Is Threatening My Life by confidant: 5:48am On Mar 17, 2019
It's the renewing of your rent I'm still trying to understand. You know when they say we Nigerians are used to suffering. It's a very simple choice to make. It's either you want your blood pressure to be normal or bring another story to Nairaland. For me, I would choose the former. Leave!

156 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Help, My Landlady Is Threatening My Life by tabithababy(f): 5:50am On Mar 17, 2019
Never live in the same house with your landlord/landlady.......... Rule no 1

angry

162 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Help, My Landlady Is Threatening My Life by sisisioge: 5:55am On Mar 17, 2019
confidant:
It's the renewing of your rent I'm still trying to understand. You know when they say we Nigerians are used to suffering. It's a very simple choice to make. It's either you want your blood pressure to be normal or bring another story to Nairaland. For me, I would choose the former. Leave!

I was shocked too.

I'm sure he was thinking about the agency fee he would be required to pay elsewhere. In this Lagos, person wey no no way dey suffer for landlord hand. It is well.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help, My Landlady Is Threatening My Life by sisisioge: 5:59am On Mar 17, 2019
[b][/b]
tabithababy:
Never live in the same house with your landlord/landlady.......... Rule no 1

angry

Mine actually live in the same building. I've been freely doing my stuff without any wahala from them...in fact, they are elderly and like the security in the house. I kinda appreciate their presence. If they become over bearing sha...I'll retreat to my space without much ado. You've got to bring on the EI and live like a decent politician maami cool

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Help, My Landlady Is Threatening My Life by tabithababy(f): 6:03am On Mar 17, 2019
sisisioge:
[b][/b]

Mine actually live in the same building. I've been freely doing my stuff without any wahala from them...in fact, they are elderly and like the security in the house. I kinda appreciate their presence. If they becoming overing sha...I'll retreat to my space without too much ado. You've got to bring on the EI and live like a decent politician maami cool

Lucky you sisi cheesy

That's like 1 in 500 landlords

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help, My Landlady Is Threatening My Life by flyingdutchman(m): 6:09am On Mar 17, 2019
Something is wring with OP's head! How and why else would any normal person swallow these rubbish from landlord only to come online to complain Am I communicating?

57 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Help, My Landlady Is Threatening My Life by betterbest: 6:13am On Mar 17, 2019
flyingdutchman:
Something is wring with OP's head! How and why else would any normal person swallow these rubbish from landlord only to come online to complain Am I communicating?

Provide solutions...

14 Likes

Re: Help, My Landlady Is Threatening My Life by piippa(m): 6:33am On Mar 17, 2019
Also go to Anti Robbrey square and get the Matter reported and the thugs she hired for you. That she threatened to kill you soon as you asked for your balance. Arrange your story well. She even told you that you will rather spend your money at the police station than she giving it to you. Lay them know that all other neighbors asked for their balance to leave as well. Arrange your story well do not just go there. Explain all the circumstances in details. If you have some Military guys report to them as well.

If you can, walk up to her again with your recorder in your pocket, tell her politely that she should please give you your balance and and am sure the drama will unfold again, use tricks to get some of her threats recorded.

113 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Help, My Landlady Is Threatening My Life by tillaman(m): 7:03am On Mar 17, 2019
Feels like a movie to me, I am going to blame you for renewing the rent knowing that your experience in that house has been awful, begging the question to what end?? Your landlady is probably a bitter old woman or she’s bipolar because this makes me wonder if she has kids at all I can’t imagine myself is such a terrible situation that’s why I don’t like staying with landlor/landlady kinda house chief I hope you report to the station but please don’t go alone go with a confidant or a lawyer, me I feel since the police station is in your area she may have influenced their decisions remember she’s a crazy old lady , I wish you luck

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help, My Landlady Is Threatening My Life by mankettle(m): 8:13am On Mar 17, 2019
you need to lawyer up. and when going to the station tell them she brought guys to beat u up

3 Likes

Re: Help, My Landlady Is Threatening My Life by flyingdutchman(m): 8:27am On Mar 17, 2019
I would like to assume thatboth you and OP are adults...grown ass adults. Na me go tell you how food go take enter your mouth from pot? Grow up guys! Solve your problem like an adult and thrash it! If people start opening up about worse problems...abegee!

betterbest:

Provide solutions...
Re: Help, My Landlady Is Threatening My Life by ifyalways(f): 8:45am On Mar 17, 2019
Hmmmn.

I cant believe you are paying rent to someone who treats you like a dog. Did you read or sign any rental agreement before you moved in?

How in the world did you renew your rent after the first year? Is the house ridiculously cheap?

The true way out for your peace of mind is to move out cos obviously, you are too docile to match your landlady, craze for craze.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help, My Landlady Is Threatening My Life by Nobody: 12:54pm On Mar 17, 2019
[

I blame you to . be honest.You knew about the landlady's crazy ways but you still went ahead to renew you rent.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help, My Landlady Is Threatening My Life by comtem2011: 1:23pm On Mar 17, 2019
orbitalgis:
[

I blame you to . be honest.You knew about the landlady's crazy ways but you still went ahead to renew you rent.
Exactly what I wanted to type. I wonder why he renewed the rent knowing fully well the landlady is the crazy type.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help, My Landlady Is Threatening My Life by betterbest: 1:41pm On Mar 17, 2019
For those of you asking why I renewed my rents after all the troubles... Firstly, Getting a house in Lagos isn't an easy task, there's no time to look for another house.

Secondly, I based in ib with my family, I only visit Lagos whenever I have jobs in Lagos, the house is just to rest whenever I visits Lagos instead of paying for hotel. I hardly stay in that house not until January this year when I opened my branch office in Lagos.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help, My Landlady Is Threatening My Life by crackhaus: 1:52pm On Mar 17, 2019
Your landlady is a witch.

A witch is not only someone who flies and holds coven meetings at 3am, a wicked person is a witch - pure & simple.

And how do you handle a witch?
You don't try to reason, make deals/arrangements, or try to match them in their witchcraft. You either get rid of them through intelligent games or you remove yourself from their presence indefinitely.

By the way, I don't understand how police now calls rape suspects to inform them they were reported for rape and to make themselves available.
Make dem com carry you for house na.. cheesy
Seems they are not even taking your landlady serious.
If you must go, go with a lawyer.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help, My Landlady Is Threatening My Life by betterbest: 2:11pm On Mar 17, 2019
Funny you. Thanks anyway, the matter has been resolved.
Re: Help, My Landlady Is Threatening My Life by DanDeeBoss(m): 5:18pm On Mar 17, 2019
betterbest:
Funny you. Thanks anyway, the matter has been resolved.
Get a new house if you can... Your peace and comfort comes first smiley

2 Likes

Re: Help, My Landlady Is Threatening My Life by RichBoy247: 6:28pm On Mar 17, 2019
Someone needs to treat the old witch's fucvk up. I know somebody that can help you. His name is MC Oluomo, he is a a very good friend of the masses and also a good friend of DCP Abba Kyari
Re: Help, My Landlady Is Threatening My Life by betterbest: 6:36pm On Mar 17, 2019
DanDeeBoss:
Get a new house if you can... Your peace and comfort comes first smiley

Sure bro. Thank you

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help, My Landlady Is Threatening My Life by betterbest: 6:36pm On Mar 17, 2019
RichBoy247:
Someone needs to treat the old witch's fucvk up. I know somebody that can help you. His name is MC Oluomo, he is a a very good friend of the masses and also a good friend of DCP Abba Kyari

LOL. Are u for real?

1 Like

Re: Help, My Landlady Is Threatening My Life by Rosarie(f): 8:19pm On Mar 17, 2019
Honestly some people don know how to handle money.
Wicked land lady
Pls try to pack out from there
Re: Help, My Landlady Is Threatening My Life by Mizwisdom(f): 10:28pm On Mar 17, 2019
Leave in peace, remain in pieces

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Need Help On The Type Of Ceiling Board To Use / Supreme Court Judgment: Panic, As Shangisha Landlords Take Over Highbrow Magodo / Two Storey Building Collapses In Anambra (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.