Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,146 members, 7,811,237 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:20 AM

Court Bars French Parents From Naming Baby Griezmann Mbappe - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Court Bars French Parents From Naming Baby Griezmann Mbappe (34573 Views)

Football-mad French Parents Barred From Naming Baby ‘griezmann Mbappe’ / Lampard’s Wife Bans Him From Naming Unborn Child After Football Legends / Lacazette Plans To Persuade Best Friend Griezmann To Join Arsenal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Court Bars French Parents From Naming Baby Griezmann Mbappe by unclesoyo: 8:30am On Mar 17, 2019
A French couple have been barred from naming their baby Griezmann Mbappe after a five-month court process.

Last November, an issue arose when the football supporting family attempted to register their newborn under the World Cup winners’ names.

His parents have decided to call him Dany Noe instead.

A local official who deemed that “Griezmann Mbappe” — after Atletico Madrid forward Antoine Griezmann and Paris Saint-Germain’s Kylian Mbappe — was “contrary to the child’s interest” referred the case to the public prosecutor.

Other names to have run afoul of the law in France in recent years include “Jihad”.

Best known in France as the term for an Islamic holy war, “jihad” can also mean a personal and non-violent struggle against sin for Muslims.

https://lailasnews.com/court-bars-french-parents-from-naming-baby-griezmann-mbappe

lalasticlala

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Court Bars French Parents From Naming Baby Griezmann Mbappe by JoanHicks(f): 8:34am On Mar 17, 2019
Lol.....

At least if mbape future no follow the baby griezmann own go follow

91 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Court Bars French Parents From Naming Baby Griezmann Mbappe by Nobody: 9:10am On Mar 17, 2019
JoanHicks:
Lol.....

Stupid parents think what the child would become is based on the name he bears.

Let them not teach the child morals, fighting spirit, proper direction etc, and see if stupid names will help him.

Just when you think some of this superstitious stupidity is relative to Nigeria/Africa, you get a smashing European refutation.

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Court Bars French Parents From Naming Baby Griezmann Mbappe by thesolutions(m): 9:20am On Mar 17, 2019
The child would have mistaken identity if they suckseed. Their palava though.

3 Likes

Re: Court Bars French Parents From Naming Baby Griezmann Mbappe by ObaKlaz: 9:27am On Mar 17, 2019
Awol1:

Stupid parents thinks what the child would become is based on the name he bears.

Let them not teach the child morals, fighting spirit, proper direction etc, and see if stupid names will help him.

Just when you think some of this superstitious stupidity is relative to Nigeria, you get a smashing European refutation.
Nigerians'/Africans' case is particularly idiotic. So many prostitutes and morally-depraved people out there with the name 'BLESSING'.

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Court Bars French Parents From Naming Baby Griezmann Mbappe by Nobody: 9:42am On Mar 17, 2019
ObaKlaz:
Nigerians'/Africans' case is particularly idiotic. So many prostitutes and morally-depraved people out there with the name 'BLESSING'.

Lol.

You know, I think "Blessing" and "Joy" is the most popular pseudo names taken by prostitutes and runs girls.

I stand to be corrected by whoever thinks he knows these girls more than I do.

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Bars French Parents From Naming Baby Griezmann Mbappe by Amuocha: 4:13pm On Mar 17, 2019
Buhari sef sad

Name should have been Agidi jollof sad

5 Likes

Re: Court Bars French Parents From Naming Baby Griezmann Mbappe by MyParadise(m): 4:13pm On Mar 17, 2019
So we can't name our babies what we want again in peace

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Bars French Parents From Naming Baby Griezmann Mbappe by MANNABBQGRILLS: 4:14pm On Mar 17, 2019
This is seriously serious! shocked shocked

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Bars French Parents From Naming Baby Griezmann Mbappe by senatepresido: 4:14pm On Mar 17, 2019
Some Nigerians even name their dogs Buhari grin

4 Likes

Re: Court Bars French Parents From Naming Baby Griezmann Mbappe by Destined2win: 4:15pm On Mar 17, 2019
Awol1:

Lol.

You know, I think "Blessing" and "Joy" is the most popular pseudo names taken by prostitutes and runs girls.

sad

Yes we are already clapping for you that you know more about Ashawo than anyone else

72 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Court Bars French Parents From Naming Baby Griezmann Mbappe by SEXYBILLIONAIRE(m): 4:15pm On Mar 17, 2019
Awol1:

Lol.

lol those hoes can get Christian names sha

3 Likes

Re: Court Bars French Parents From Naming Baby Griezmann Mbappe by Olusola147(m): 4:16pm On Mar 17, 2019
Awol1:

Lol.

Lol..I think say na only me notice am

3 Likes

Re: Court Bars French Parents From Naming Baby Griezmann Mbappe by BafanaBafana: 4:17pm On Mar 17, 2019
So the child was without a name for 5 months.
And what does the local official mean by "child's interest?

5 Likes

Re: Court Bars French Parents From Naming Baby Griezmann Mbappe by Nobody: 4:19pm On Mar 17, 2019
First and second posters should try to think outside the box.
Unlike Africa where we give names in the false hope that the name would influence the child, westerners give names to commemorate significant events.
That's why you find names like 'wood', 'stone' etc.
You guys should receive sense abeg

A local official who deemed that “Griezmann Mbappe” — after Atletico Madrid forward Antoine Griezmann and Paris Saint-Germain’s Kylian Mbappe — was “contrary to the child’s interest” referred the case to the public prosecutor.

Anyways, this was what really caught my attention. A child in the western world isn't the property of the parent but of the state. That's why if the parents do anyhow, the state can take the child away from them. It's called safeguarding cheesy

13 Likes

Re: Court Bars French Parents From Naming Baby Griezmann Mbappe by marvin906(m): 4:19pm On Mar 17, 2019
Awol1:

Lol.

I thought it was only me that noticed this..
Most ashawo bear names like peace, blessing,joy,and favor

7 Likes

Re: Court Bars French Parents From Naming Baby Griezmann Mbappe by kingharzy: 4:20pm On Mar 17, 2019
Awol1:

Lol.

undecided

If you coronate yourself king of Oloshoic chiefdom who are we to think of treason? ?
even ubunja will bow to you.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Bars French Parents From Naming Baby Griezmann Mbappe by IgboEmir001: 4:21pm On Mar 17, 2019
[quote author=Destined2win post=76739121] sad

Yes we are already clapping for you that you know more about Ashawo than anyone else[/quoted]

Hahahaha
Re: Court Bars French Parents From Naming Baby Griezmann Mbappe by oluwasegun007(m): 4:22pm On Mar 17, 2019
This oyinbo sef,

Imagine me naming my kid yakubu or taribo. angry

1 Like

Re: Court Bars French Parents From Naming Baby Griezmann Mbappe by Yello1(m): 4:25pm On Mar 17, 2019
Some peopl cannot see anything gud about africa culture. Even now that dis is happening in france some peopl will still castigate africans and dere culture of name giving. I already saw some up dere.

4 Likes

Re: Court Bars French Parents From Naming Baby Griezmann Mbappe by TLAX: 4:32pm On Mar 17, 2019
Awol1:

Lol.

Re: Court Bars French Parents From Naming Baby Griezmann Mbappe by EngrOgunrinola1(m): 4:33pm On Mar 17, 2019
Awol1:

Lol.

Lol guy am really laughing out here...
You don sabi dem too much,but you sef dey knack Olosho gan-an oooo

2 Likes

Re: Court Bars French Parents From Naming Baby Griezmann Mbappe by PassiveNaira: 4:37pm On Mar 17, 2019
When we have names available here like

Atikulator
Atiku Obi
Buhari Osinbajo

Pick anyone you like, no case.
Re: Court Bars French Parents From Naming Baby Griezmann Mbappe by goshen26: 4:40pm On Mar 17, 2019
Awol1:

Lol.

Because those are common in the south south and south east, most especially in south south...

You hear names like; Fine-girl, pretty, beauty, joy, peace, gentle-girl....

3 Likes

Re: Court Bars French Parents From Naming Baby Griezmann Mbappe by mu2sa2: 4:41pm On Mar 17, 2019
It's because of "mbappe", which is unmistakably African. Bloody racists.

3 Likes

Re: Court Bars French Parents From Naming Baby Griezmann Mbappe by Alexrayz(m): 4:46pm On Mar 17, 2019
JoanHicks:
Lol.....

How d parents go dey play 12 with the child future it either 1x or 2x that allowed lol
Re: Court Bars French Parents From Naming Baby Griezmann Mbappe by zolajpower: 4:48pm On Mar 17, 2019
Pekepekele arugbo jegbese ta ni o San. Na wetin concern agbero with overload. Oga judge na ur baby or the name owners dey complaining
Re: Court Bars French Parents From Naming Baby Griezmann Mbappe by Nobody: 4:50pm On Mar 17, 2019
EngrOgunrinola1:

Lol guy am really laughing out here...
You don sabi dem too much,but you sef dey knack Olosho gan-an oooo

Lol.
Re: Court Bars French Parents From Naming Baby Griezmann Mbappe by deepwater(f): 4:52pm On Mar 17, 2019
Awol1:

Lol.

Depends on your location in Nigeria:

Lagos:
Blessing
Joy
small joy
big joy
yellow joy
black joy
yoruba joy
joy calabar
AY
bola
Nike
Shade

SS/S E
Loveth
Queen
Mercy
Ann
Oge
Chi Chi
Amaka
Ada

3 Likes

Re: Court Bars French Parents From Naming Baby Griezmann Mbappe by GMbuharii: 4:52pm On Mar 17, 2019
They should come to naija and name the pikin Afonja alimi..
Re: Court Bars French Parents From Naming Baby Griezmann Mbappe by Nobody: 4:54pm On Mar 17, 2019
Destined2win:
sad

Yes we are already clapping for you that you know more about Ashawo than anyone else

Lol.

I don't just know that alone.

I also know photosynthesis.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sani Emmanuel Has Achiles Tendonitis / Manchester United Players Celebrated Champions League Victory Against PSG. Photo / Yoshimi Yamashita To Officiate Germany Vs Nigeria Match

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.