Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,391 members, 7,836,572 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:05 AM

Money Challenge | How To Save With Tight Budget | Saving Money - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Money Challenge | How To Save With Tight Budget | Saving Money (325 Views)

Front Page Challenge -How Many Times Have You Hit Front Page? / CBN Opens Global Money Challenge For Young Nigerians / How To Maintain Friendships When You Have Tight Schedules (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Money Challenge | How To Save With Tight Budget | Saving Money by Financesiq(f): 1:33pm On Mar 17, 2019
WWW.FINANCESIQ.COM

I received a question from one of my amazing readers on How to save money with tight budget and below is my response to the question:

WWW.FINANCESIQ.COM

Dear Reader.

Thank you for your mail. regardless of your current financial status. you do not require an increase in your finance to save effectively.

A while back i had thesame challenge, I spoke to a lot of people but non gave me a realistic approach to tackle my savings challenge.

However, I'll share with you some steps I took during my challenge:

IDENTIFY THE CHALLENGE

I experienced the first stage of my breakthrough when I came across an app called “Spending” it’s a money tracking app and it gives you the option of adding any bill that is not already listed in the app.

I added bills as small as bank charges. I did it RELIGIOUSLY for 30 days, and this was when I Identified the main reason why I was finding it so hard to save. Most of my little funds were going to eating out, drinking out with the boys daily, buying gift for girls, always buying anything that I can afford and the ones that I couldn’t. I was basically not cutting my coat according to my size.

WWW.FINANCESIQ.COM

LIST POSSIBLE SOLUTIONS

I didn’t realize that I was spending excessively until the app exposed this. It was very easy for me to come up with solutions on how to curb my excess spending afterwards. I was able to write out plans to reduce eating out, reduce bank charges by visiting only my bank branch whenever I needed to do atm transactions, buying what I need and not what I want, And the last which seems very funny was that I stopped giving money unnecessarily.

EVALUATE YOUR OPTIONS

I believe you too can try the above steps, and find the solutions to saving your finances. Remember that if you are able to follow through, this will afford you the opportunity to start putting your excess spending towards savings.

I also will like to add that no amount is too small to save. I hope that I’ve been able to Answer most part of your question.

Thank you

WWW.FINANCESIQ.COM

(1) (Reply)

Occupational Safety / Dog For Swap / My Status Update On Failure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.