Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,198 members, 7,835,969 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:26 PM

Why You Should Keep A Journal - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why You Should Keep A Journal (224 Views)

How To Save Money On Wall Street Journal Subscription Fee? / Good News For Wall Street Journal Subscribers – Getting Best Deals Is Easier Now / Start A Journal Of Your Spiritual Journey. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why You Should Keep A Journal by kmaster007: 8:11am On Mar 18, 2019
I am a writer and beyond it being my source of income, it
has aided my growth in more ways than I can count. It has helped me network because I get to be part of awesome creative communities with people who are slaying in various careers. But let me stop here because we are not talking about me. Why should you keep a journal?

1. It gives clarity

Usually, when things are jumbled up in my head, I write it out so I can find a semblance of clarity as I weigh the pros and cons of something. You don’t always have to go running to someone else for a second opinion. It also helps you see things from other perspectives.

2. It heightens your awareness

The fact that you write drives you to be more aware of things around you. You tend to be more attentive to your environment and people around you because when you settle in later in the day to chronicle how your day went, you may want to give details. Before long, you will gain insights into how things work or what people around you think.

3. It gives you a medium for expression

There are things you have thought of but may not have ever had the guts to say out. In your journal, you are free to express yourself as you wish without being censored Whatever pent up energy you have can be freely vented out.

4. It ensures accountability

You should not only be accountable to others but yourself as well. Writing helps you keep track of your decisions, like what you spend on.

5. It eases stress

Writing is one of the ways you declutter your mind. When you have too many things struggling for your attention and you pour it out on paper, it gives some form of order and focus. In this way, the burden of stress is eased off you. We will be taking the benefits in bits so stick around for the other posts.

6. It helps you track your progress

If you have been journaling for a while, go back to your earlier write-ups and you will see how far you have come. You are able to express yourself better, your thoughts are more refined and you have ditched some notions. Journaling helps you track your growth.

7. It organizes your life

I love to write to-do lists (and yes, that is a form of writing too). They help me plan my day and give a sense of accomplishment when I have been able to tick everything off.

8. It aids self-discovery

If you are completely honest in your journal, you will find it to be a wonderful place to be and you become more aware of your strengths and flaws. Your journal is a mirror of who you are and if you read through it often, you will be confronted by it and with time, you can work through your struggles.

9. It preserves your ideas

Your journal can be where you write each bright idea— both refined and unrefined. You could always retrieve it whenever you wish.

10. It can be a resource material

If you are a public speaker, it can be a perfect reference
material. Even if you are not, you would be shocked at the wealth of knowledge you can extract from it to combat life issues or help someone else.

Pick up your pen today!

(1) (Reply)

HELP-- Monthly Or Quarterly Rent Accommodation Or Sublet Needed In Lagos / Work From Home / I Wish My Husband’s Cabinet Will Have 41.6% Women – Aisha Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.