Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,958 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:58 AM

10 Killed, Scores Injured In Imo Cult War - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 10 Killed, Scores Injured In Imo Cult War (22374 Views)

Fire Hits IDPS’ Camp In Borno, One Dead, Scores Injured / Nigerian Cult War In South Africa (Graphic Pictures) / Aiye And Vikings Cults Clash In Anambra.10 Killed. Graphic Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Killed, Scores Injured In Imo Cult War by titiloyeblog: 8:36am On Mar 18, 2019
news @ titiloyeblog.com

Ten students have been killed and several others injured in a cult war at the Federal Polytechnic, Nekede, Imo State.

The killings by rival cults on vengeance mission have been on in the last one week.

Victims were either shot or clubbed to death before being decapitated by the cultists.

It was gathered that the clash between two rival cults, the Ayes and Baggers confraternities, had lasted over two weeks.

Residents have fled their homes for fear of being attacked.

Academic activities have been grounded at the Polytechnic. Students have deserted their hostels.

The management of the institution, The Nation learned, had restricted movement in and out of the school after 6pm.

One of the students, who preferred anonymity, said: “We are under attack by cultists. Please help us to inform the police because our lives are in danger. Since 10 days now, there have been clashes between two rival cults. They said it is a supremacy war. No fewer than 10 persons have been shot dead.”

The visibly scared student added: “Since I gained admission into this polytechnic, I have never witnessed this kind of violence. The gunshots are frightening. Please don’t mention my name.”

An indigene of one of the host communities, who also does not want his name in print, said since the deadly cult clash started, they had been locking themselves inside their rooms.

Police spokesman Orlando Ikeokwu said officers had been deployed in the polytechnic and other troubled areas, adding that suspects had been arrested.

The Rector, Martin Aligbe, in a phone chat said: “We have not confirmed any of the victims to be our student. The cult clashes are happening in the villages, they are not occurring on our campus. But we are worried because some of our students live in these villages. We have reached out to the police to tighten security.”

source: https://www.titiloyeblog.com/2019/03/10-killed-scores-injured-in-imo-cult-war.html

1 Like

Re: 10 Killed, Scores Injured In Imo Cult War by icebird25(m): 11:39am On Mar 18, 2019
In the book of proverb chapter something Vs something (abeg I no be pastor)

There are ways that seemeth right into a man but the end thereof is death

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Killed, Scores Injured In Imo Cult War by west1351: 11:43am On Mar 18, 2019
Cultist are just dumb guys with daddy issues

26 Likes

Re: 10 Killed, Scores Injured In Imo Cult War by Bellgal: 11:44am On Mar 18, 2019
Let the iPod pigs kill themselves.

8 Likes

Re: 10 Killed, Scores Injured In Imo Cult War by Lalalandxxx: 11:44am On Mar 18, 2019
i hate cultism

3 Likes

Re: 10 Killed, Scores Injured In Imo Cult War by NOC1(m): 11:44am On Mar 18, 2019
That school and war
Re: 10 Killed, Scores Injured In Imo Cult War by Anubiri(m): 11:45am On Mar 18, 2019
Ok
Re: 10 Killed, Scores Injured In Imo Cult War by Riversides2003(m): 11:45am On Mar 18, 2019
I don’t know when people will start to use their brains, blame Buhari for this again.
Re: 10 Killed, Scores Injured In Imo Cult War by chinavs9ja(m): 11:45am On Mar 18, 2019
angry

I can design your blog and e-commerce website...check my signature
Re: 10 Killed, Scores Injured In Imo Cult War by lordraiden(m): 11:46am On Mar 18, 2019
If you see where this cult boys they brag...you will think they have gained everything..

12 Likes

Re: 10 Killed, Scores Injured In Imo Cult War by MzTunechi(f): 11:46am On Mar 18, 2019
Endtime shidren
Re: 10 Killed, Scores Injured In Imo Cult War by enemyofprogress: 11:46am On Mar 18, 2019
Bellgal:
so as to reduce their noise and criminal activities in the country

8 Likes

Re: 10 Killed, Scores Injured In Imo Cult War by Dadurty(m): 11:46am On Mar 18, 2019
I don’t feel sorry for social miscreatnts ....may there souls rest in pieces �

6 Likes

Re: 10 Killed, Scores Injured In Imo Cult War by omojesu202(m): 11:46am On Mar 18, 2019
provided they don't kill innocent people like myself...see me doing my business peacefully without even seeing anyone in Owerri

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Killed, Scores Injured In Imo Cult War by yuanexchanger: 11:46am On Mar 18, 2019
enough is enough
Re: 10 Killed, Scores Injured In Imo Cult War by moscobabs(m): 11:47am On Mar 18, 2019
Children of hates will still blame Buhari

1 Like

Re: 10 Killed, Scores Injured In Imo Cult War by Emmanuella6: 11:47am On Mar 18, 2019
Please they should stop this killings and let students attend their lectures in peace
Re: 10 Killed, Scores Injured In Imo Cult War by PussyKing(m): 11:47am On Mar 18, 2019
grin
Re: 10 Killed, Scores Injured In Imo Cult War by YourNemesis: 11:48am On Mar 18, 2019
That is what happens to people who stand against the great Omoluabi Ethnic group..

You use your own hands to finish yourselves.

5 Likes

Re: 10 Killed, Scores Injured In Imo Cult War by Randy100: 11:48am On Mar 18, 2019
Life goes on. They lived their life on fast lane.

1 Like

Re: 10 Killed, Scores Injured In Imo Cult War by ife23: 11:48am On Mar 18, 2019
really terrific
Re: 10 Killed, Scores Injured In Imo Cult War by domainsales18: 11:48am On Mar 18, 2019
You live by the sword - You die by the sword.

The Law of Karma always takes its toll when the time of reaping comes.

Cult doesn't provide food on the table.

Cultists are just lazy asses looking for destructions.

Wole Soyinka is to be blamed for this cult anomaly in Nigeria...He is the Godfather of cultism and the others are his protégés.

4 Likes

Re: 10 Killed, Scores Injured In Imo Cult War by Donchukz(m): 11:50am On Mar 18, 2019
Bellgal:

Is that the best thing you can say to your fellow Nigerian. God bless naija

2 Likes

Re: 10 Killed, Scores Injured In Imo Cult War by nazicartel(m): 11:50am On Mar 18, 2019
which kind 10..... police can't do much... it's only military that can curb this menace....
Re: 10 Killed, Scores Injured In Imo Cult War by Cherrybae(f): 11:50am On Mar 18, 2019
To me this are iPod's terrorists killing themselves.

God have sent confussion in there midst.
I enjoin them to keep killing themselves.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Killed, Scores Injured In Imo Cult War by MrKunleCole: 11:51am On Mar 18, 2019
Bellgal:

You’re an idiot and I just thought you should know.

23 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

21-Year-Old Nigerian Arrested For Groping And Assaulting A Lady In Italy. / FRSC Official Who Was Victim Of Soldiers Brutality Demands For Justice - Video / Pregnant Lady Tortures Stepchild With Hot Water, Locks Her Up For 3 Weeks (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.