Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,955 members, 7,817,805 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:03 PM

Raising Healthy Fat Broilers Project - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Raising Healthy Fat Broilers Project (4549 Views)

Cost Of Raising 100 Hundred Broilers In My Home-made Poultry / Dont Be Fooled, Here Is A Practical Cost Analysis Of Raising 100 Layer Birds / Raising Broilers; My Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Raising Healthy Fat Broilers Project by Integritykay(f): 9:31am On Mar 18, 2019
Hello nairalanders am working on a project to 100 broilers at minimum cost but maximum performance and weight. I will be uploading this thread till my birds are all sold off.
First I got my day old chicks from a tried and tested source of which I noticed have strong immunity but are quickly susceptible to coccidiosis.

3 Likes

Re: Raising Healthy Fat Broilers Project by Integritykay(f): 9:45am On Mar 18, 2019
This is day 5. I had two mortalities from stress.
Day 1 glucose plus antistress plus vitamins
Day 2 glucose plus antistress plus vitamins
Day 3 vitamins plus coccidoistat plus antiboitics
Day 4 same as day 3
Day 5 same

1 Like

Re: Raising Healthy Fat Broilers Project by jjbest123(m): 9:51am On Mar 18, 2019
Congrats! Keep the thread alive with your daily expenses.

1 Like

Re: Raising Healthy Fat Broilers Project by Integritykay(f): 7:54am On Mar 19, 2019
jjbest123:
Congrats! Keep the thread alive with your daily expenses.
thanks. I will keep it alive and I will appreciate contributions pls thanks all.

so I didnt spend much on heat. I bought 2 bags of coal for 400n. I used it for 3days in combination with lanterns in the day time and nepa 200watt bulb at night. I didnt use coal at night. I kept a stove on standby incase of power failure. we know Nigeria na. so I spent 200n kerosene daily for those three days. thats 600n. I stoped using coal in day 3 because of how hard it is to start and sustain coal fire.

1 Like

Re: Raising Healthy Fat Broilers Project by Integritykay(f): 7:59am On Mar 19, 2019
By day 4 I reduced heat because of this hot sunny weather we have in the day time. I even noticed my birds panting I had to open the door. thank God the heat stress was not severe. so its been just sunlight heat in the afternoon then lanterns in the evening till nepa brings light and when nepa take light early hours of the morning 6am I put on stove till weather starts getting warm.
Re: Raising Healthy Fat Broilers Project by Integritykay(f): 8:05am On Mar 19, 2019
yesterday which made them day 6 I had to stop heat except just one lantern for light when its darker. I expandad their floor space too because it was getting compacted due to their tripled weight. I changed the 200 watt bulb to 60watt to reduce heat. I noticed the 200watt bulb was too hot for them made them stretch out on the floor to cool their body. this night and this morning I didnt use stove or lantern and I noticed they were ok. feeding with morning light and not cuddling.
Re: Raising Healthy Fat Broilers Project by Integritykay(f): 8:11am On Mar 19, 2019
I vaccinated gumboro 100doses yesterday that is day 6. then after glucose, antistress and vitamins. today makes them one week. I will upload their pics later.

pls can I start using sawdust or is it too soon. litter management is getting harder.
Re: Raising Healthy Fat Broilers Project by jjbest123(m): 9:42pm On Mar 19, 2019
Integritykay:
I vaccinated gumboro 100doses yesterday that is day 6. then after glucose, antistress and vitamins. today makes them one week. I will upload their pics later.

pls can I start using sawdust or is it too soon. litter management is getting harder.
Since the birds are prone to coccidiasis,your litter management should be top notch. Using sawdust which is always free and readily availiable has its own problem,as it can cause Chronic Respiratory Disease(CRD),so the best bet,is to look for wood shaving or rice husk. Well done and keep the updates coming.

1 Like

Re: Raising Healthy Fat Broilers Project by jjbest123(m): 9:44pm On Mar 19, 2019
Please do not use kerosene stove to brood next time

1 Like

Re: Raising Healthy Fat Broilers Project by Integritykay(f): 7:30pm On Mar 20, 2019
jjbest123:
Please do not use kerosene stove to brood next time
I guess due to the smoke?
Re: Raising Healthy Fat Broilers Project by Integritykay(f): 7:32pm On Mar 20, 2019
This is day 8 pictures
Today I administered just vitamins and they exhausted a bag of top superstarter today. I think I wasted the feed a bit.

1 Like

Re: Raising Healthy Fat Broilers Project by jjbest123(m): 10:26pm On Mar 20, 2019
Integritykay:

I guess due to the smoke?
Yes,it can cause chronic respiratory diseases for your birds
Re: Raising Healthy Fat Broilers Project by jjbest123(m): 10:29pm On Mar 20, 2019
Integritykay:
This is day 8 pictures
Today I administered just vitamins and they exhausted a bag of top superstarter today. I think I wasted the feed a bit.
Not really a waste,broiler is gabbage in,gabbage,so what you give them(input) will determine what they will give you(output). Is time for you to change that feeder for them.
Re: Raising Healthy Fat Broilers Project by Integritykay(f): 9:35am On Mar 21, 2019
jjbest123:
Not really a waste,broiler is gabbage in,gabbage,so what you give them(input) will determine what they will give you(output). Is time for you to change that feeder for them.
yes. thanks for observing.

1 Like

Re: Raising Healthy Fat Broilers Project by Integritykay(f): 6:18pm On Mar 24, 2019
My birds just started coughing I was using enrocoli max as antibiotics. I expected it to handle cough because it has enrofloxacin. What do I use? Today is day 12. Also they will be exhausting their 2nd bag of feed today, isnt this too much although I feed them adlibitum and day and night with light at night to aid feeding.

Re: Raising Healthy Fat Broilers Project by jjbest123(m): 7:33am On Mar 25, 2019
Integritykay:
My birds just started coughing I was using enrocoli max as antibiotics. I expected it to handle cough because it has enrofloxacin. What do I use? Today is day 12. Also they will be exhausting their 2nd bag of feed today, isnt this too much although I feed them adlibitum and day and night with light at night to aid feeding.
Get them tylodox extra or any tylosin based drugs.
OBSERVATION: Please find a means and raise their drinker from ground. To avoid their excreta coming in contact with their water.

1 Like

Re: Raising Healthy Fat Broilers Project by crossblane1(m): 2:50pm On Mar 27, 2019
which hactery did ud buy from. How much did u buy. Whats ur total cost. When do u plan to sell and how much do u plan to sell them. who are ur targeted customers. Keep the update flowing.

1 Like

Re: Raising Healthy Fat Broilers Project by Integritykay(f): 12:56pm On Mar 28, 2019
jjbest123:
Get them tylodox extra or any tylosin based drugs.
OBSERVATION: Please find a means and raise their drinker from ground. To avoid their excreta coming in contact with their water.
Ive done that already but I may need to double the stone as they grow

1 Like

Re: Raising Healthy Fat Broilers Project by Integritykay(f): 1:06pm On Mar 28, 2019
crossblane1:
which hactery did ud buy from.
How much did u buy.
Whats ur total cost.
When do u plan to sell and how much do u plan to sell them.
who are ur targeted customers.
Keep the update flowing.
I bought from Country giants chicks its not popular but somebody recommended them and this is my second time using them. I would recommend you go for a popular and tested breed like chi, amo , zartech, etc.
I bough 230naira per bird
23 000 for 100 birds
99birds left now
This is day16
They are on 3bags almost finished though
I just moved them to this structure due to heat in their brooder house
Their feeder are being constructed
I will be selling from week 5
My target is chicken processors they buy in bulk. Like 5people or less can clear all the chickens. Am in contact with some of them. I will still meet people that sell in the market they also buy bulk.
I will keep 20chicks to get really fat and heavy for 8wks I will sell for 2500 or more each. I have demand for these size by some of my customers.
Re: Raising Healthy Fat Broilers Project by crossblane1(m): 5:29pm On Mar 28, 2019
Integritykay:

I bought from Country giants chicks its not popular but somebody recommended them and this is my second time using them. I would recommend you go for a popular and tested breed like chi, amo , zartech, etc.
I bough 230naira per bird
23 000 for 100 birds
99birds left now
This is day16
They are on 3bags almost finished though
I just moved them to this structure due to heat in their brooder house
Their feeder are being constructed
I will be selling from week 5
My target is chicken processors they buy in bulk. Like 5people or less can clear all the chickens. Am in contact with some of them. I will still meet people that sell in the market they also buy bulk.
I will keep 20chicks to get really fat and heavy for 8wks I will sell for 2500 or more each. I have demand for these size by some of my customers.
thanks
can u share the hatchery contact
Re: Raising Healthy Fat Broilers Project by Integritykay(f): 3:06am On Apr 01, 2019
crossblane1:
thanks can u share the hatchery contact
0803 372 1685 mr fidelis tell him you want country giants he also supply all other breeds he is in ibadan
Re: Raising Healthy Fat Broilers Project by Integritykay(f): 3:07am On Apr 01, 2019
so the ginger garlic worked. my birds stopeed coughing. I vaccinated lasota yesterday that is saturday morning.
Re: Raising Healthy Fat Broilers Project by Integritykay(f): 3:08am On Apr 01, 2019
I will be focusing on fattening them up from tomorrow . any ideas?
Re: Raising Healthy Fat Broilers Project by crossblane1(m): 8:09pm On Apr 01, 2019
where is their pix
Re: Raising Healthy Fat Broilers Project by Integritykay(f): 6:28pm On Apr 07, 2019
Sorry its coming late
This is day 23pics
96 left
An iron pole fell on three chicks
Two died on the spot
One broke the leg
I had to separate it because others were pecking
On the injury
Its healed now
Re: Raising Healthy Fat Broilers Project by crossblane1(m): 7:34pm On Apr 07, 2019
Integritykay:
Sorry its coming late This is day 23pics 96 left An iron pole fell on three chicks Two died on the spot One broke the leg I had to separate it because others were pecking On the injury Its healed now
still no pix
Re: Raising Healthy Fat Broilers Project by Arewa12: 12:36am On Apr 11, 2019
Am loving this thread... Learning a lot
Re: Raising Healthy Fat Broilers Project by Fortune1909(m): 9:45am On Apr 11, 2019
Ginger and garlic work like magic for CRD.
Re: Raising Healthy Fat Broilers Project by WisemasterBizWd: 3:05pm On Apr 12, 2019
Fortune1909:
Ginger and garlic work like magic for CRD.

How do we administer it.
Re: Raising Healthy Fat Broilers Project by Mustack: 4:31am On Apr 13, 2019
One question pls. Can I start broiler even without any festival approaching?

Expactrate on this question pls how much is d budgets cost for the 100 birds in 5 and 8 weeks

The 2,500 you mention, is it for the maximum 8 weeks or just for 5 weeks?

Is gas heater (cylinder) permissible to charcoal or kerosene stove?
Re: Raising Healthy Fat Broilers Project by Integritykay(f): 6:32am On Apr 13, 2019
WisemasterBizWd:

How d[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]o we administer it.
Peel it then crush it. Use till you notice the cough is gone
3to 5 days
Its best to blend it 10mls to 3litres water
Re: Raising Healthy Fat Broilers Project by Integritykay(f): 6:44am On Apr 13, 2019
Mustack:
One question pls. Can I start broiler even without any festival approaching?

Expactrate on this question pls how much is d budgets cost for the 100 birds in 5 and 8 weeks

The 2,500 you mention, is it for the maximum 8 weeks or just for 5 weeks?

Is gas heater (cylinder) permissible to charcoal or kerosene stove?

Yes you can
The great thing about broiler is that it sells all year round. High demand will come from processors that is those who roast by the roadside, frozen chicken, hotel etc
Just inform them ahead of time and get their number for when your chicken are due

100 birds will eat 8 to 16 bags between that time 8bag for 5wks if your targeting processors keep for 6 wks max except you're selling by kg
10 bags feed is 35000
Heat 2000
Vaccine 1000
Drugs 4000
Dochicks 25000 if 250 per chick
Transportation of birds 1500
Logistics 2000

Ive not tried gas before but I think its better than kerosene
No fumes so its better
Just be careful not to overheat
Only problem is it may not be cost effective

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hybrid Pineapple Sucker (smooth Cayenne)is Available For Sale / Cost Of Feeds And Feeding In Poultry: WAY OUT / My Plantain Merchandise To Plantain Farming Life-experience(pains And Gains Ser

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.