Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,162 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:11 AM

Needs Help On How Domiciliary Work - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Needs Help On How Domiciliary Work (2995 Views)

How To Get Dollar Into Your Domiciliary Account / How To Receive Money From Abroad Via Wire Transfer Into Your Domiciliary Account / Which Bank Has The Best Domiciliary Account Services? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Needs Help On How Domiciliary Work by honeric01(m): 8:51pm On Sep 03, 2010
[size=14pt]Please is it possible to transfer funds from one domiciliary account to another domiciliary account in another bank?

Would there be a problem if the sender's account is in Euros and the receiver's account is in Dollars?

Anyone with a useful information should help

Thanks
[/size]
Re: Needs Help On How Domiciliary Work by Nobody: 9:40pm On Sep 03, 2010
No problem go ahead.
Re: Needs Help On How Domiciliary Work by honeric01(m): 10:24pm On Sep 03, 2010
Go ahead with what? can it work? as in transferring euros from an oceanic bank account to a dollars based domiciliary account in Diamond bank?

And can this be done online or must it be from a branch?
Re: Needs Help On How Domiciliary Work by honeric01(m): 11:14am On Sep 04, 2010
Any banker in the house? abeg i need help with this info oo embarassed
Re: Needs Help On How Domiciliary Work by baslone: 5:31pm On Sep 04, 2010
Mine at GT is in Pounds. I was told by their customer service
I could still send to any Dollar account!
Re: Needs Help On How Domiciliary Work by honeric01(m): 7:54pm On Sep 04, 2010
baslone:

Mine at GT is in Pounds. I was told by their customer service
I could still send to any Dollar account!

Thanks bro, can a transfer be made online or must the sender go to the branch to have it done?
Re: Needs Help On How Domiciliary Work by baslone: 10:07pm On Sep 04, 2010
Well, I didn't make that particular transfer but all transfers
I've made was direct from their desk.

They charge me about 12pounds to the UK.
Re: Needs Help On How Domiciliary Work by honeric01(m): 10:30pm On Sep 04, 2010
Ok, the sender's account is in Nigeria (a nigerian bank) and the receiver's account is also in Nigeria, both are dom accts but one in euro and the other in dollar

one more thing, the sender is not in Nigeria (currently), so is it possible for him to transfer online or must he go to the bank in person before he can make any transfer?
Re: Needs Help On How Domiciliary Work by Ife007(m): 1:33pm On Sep 05, 2010
I don't know if it can be done online.
Occasionally, i have seen some people going down to the Bank desk to do it.
Re: Needs Help On How Domiciliary Work by honeric01(m): 7:14pm On Sep 05, 2010
Well then, it has to done in another way.
Re: Needs Help On How Domiciliary Work by martog: 7:14pm On Sep 06, 2010
You can actually transfer money from a dom acct to another dom acct in different banks. its easier if both accounts are in same currency.
However, if the sender`s acct is in dollar, and the recepient acct is in euro, then the sender will have to convert the dollar to euro b4 the transaction can be effected. It has to be done over the counter. That I am sure of. But online? Am not certain about that.
You may still walk down to the bank for more info.
Re: Needs Help On How Domiciliary Work by honeric01(m): 7:49pm On Sep 06, 2010
^^^^

Oh, if it can't be done online, then there's no need for it sad
Re: Needs Help On How Domiciliary Work by Ife007(m): 1:22pm On Sep 09, 2010
honeric01:

^^^^

Oh, if it can't be done online, then there's no need for it sad

Wait A Minute, I think Intercontinental Bank Offers such services.

Check Here http://www.intercontinentalbankplc.com/portal/products/content.php?p=9&sub=&prd=65&mode=content&pk=80&pkname=International%20Services
Re: Needs Help On How Domiciliary Work by honeric01(m): 5:01pm On Sep 09, 2010
^^^^

There's nothing on that page that stipulates what i asked for on this thread.
Re: Needs Help On How Domiciliary Work by Ife007(m): 1:44pm On Sep 13, 2010
Why not Specifically Write to the bank of your choice ?
Re: Needs Help On How Domiciliary Work by Economical(m): 4:03pm On Sep 23, 2010
The sender needs to contact his bank and then he will be sent documents via email which he must download and send back to the bank via courier (since you say he is not in the country). This document will be a legal tender of sorts that indemnifies his bank of liabilities should their providing him with such an online access lead to fraudulent hijack of his account. If he is willing to do this than he will be able to send you the money via his account. However I would suggest another way which is much safer. Have your sender send the money via western union stating in his transfer manifest in what currency you should receive the money- of course you both would have agreed to what this should be. This is what I do and so far I have not had any problems.
Re: Needs Help On How Domiciliary Work by honeric01(m): 5:54pm On Sep 23, 2010
^^

Thanks, opting for western union.
Re: Needs Help On How Domiciliary Work by Kennyblues(m): 11:26am On Oct 06, 2010
you can only send money to dom acct of the same currency
Re: Needs Help On How Domiciliary Work by saridonp2: 4:20pm On Oct 06, 2010
If I can send money from a dollar account from Nigeria to another account in Europe with Euros,then you can do thesame.The only thing that money that you send from a dollar account to Euro account will appear in Euros at the beneficiary account.Thesame applies to local transfer but to make the transfer online,you will need to contact your account officer and you will receive the form that you will fill the receivers info and sign it as well,scan it and send it back to the bank and they transfer the fund but you must have online banking service so as to monitor the progress of the transfer.
Re: Needs Help On How Domiciliary Work by cja4real: 7:44pm On Oct 11, 2010
, i think the last guy who wrote in is right
Re: Needs Help On How Domiciliary Work by VictorN(m): 4:30pm On Oct 15, 2010
you must have a current account before you can open a domiciliary account with any bank in Nigeria, and a minimum mount of $100-$200 is all you need to fund the account but the account can be opened then funded later. You pay in the said amount, whenever you require any foreign transfer, just get the foreign bank account details of the person that you wish to send money to, fill the form for the transaction to be made on your behalf by the Nigerian bank that you opened the domiciliary account with,Simple.
Re: Needs Help On How Domiciliary Work by detopshot(m): 11:03am On Oct 28, 2010
@all posters: Hi. I have a current acct with GTB. pls what does it take to open and maintain a dom acct. Are there any extra charges? Again, can i do it from another branch other than my acct openin branch? Thanks so much.
Re: Needs Help On How Domiciliary Work by omiwealth: 11:11pm On Nov 04, 2010
Sender's bank simply needs 2 do a conversion calculation from euro to dollar
Re: Needs Help On How Domiciliary Work by omiwealth: 11:28pm On Nov 04, 2010
You wil discover that your dom account wil end wit 210, since u already hav a curnt acc wit gtb, then ur dom acc wil be ready in 3-5days! U hav 2 use the branch where ur acc is domicilled to proces d opening.
Re: Needs Help On How Domiciliary Work by babaoo: 5:50pm On Jan 07, 2011
please guy help me ooo, i was at gtb to tranfer money to an account in uk, its

bet365.com account.gtb is telling i would pay N2000, as commission as for vax and tax,
i was also told i will have to $25 for and off shore transfer.i thought
it was just 1% of my transfer, i don't seem to understand them, what should i do guys
Re: Needs Help On How Domiciliary Work by honeric01(m): 7:16pm On Jan 07, 2011
^^^^

Get someone who uses a visa or mastercard, they can help you do the payment with their card, card issuer will only charge 1% on the card, then you can give the cash to the person in person.

(1) (Reply)

Awesome Photographs That Would Make You Speechless / Bitcoin ( OneVanilla Visa/Ma, Amazon, Ebay, & Other gift card at best rate) / Get Quick Loan Without Hassles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.