Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,114 members, 7,818,320 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:38 PM

Do Not Admit Unqualified Candidates, JAMB Tells Institutions - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Do Not Admit Unqualified Candidates, JAMB Tells Institutions (8612 Views)

Seventy Percent Of Teachers In South-west Are Unqualified - TRCN / Kebbi, Lagos, Jigawa Top List Of States With Unqualified Teachers / Teachers Registration Council Says Unqualified Teachers To Go In December (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Not Admit Unqualified Candidates, JAMB Tells Institutions by mrakeli62: 6:08am On Mar 19, 2019
The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has advised tertiary institutions against engaging in sharp practices by admitting unqualified candidates into their institutions.

JAMB Registrar, Prof. Ishaq Oloyede, gave the warning yesterday during a meeting with critical stakeholders on the board’s strategic planning and preparation for the supervision and administration of the 2019 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) in Abuja.

According to him, these institutions engage in fraudulent activities to pave way for their preferred candidates in place of qualified ones.

He said such fraudulent methods included denying candidates screening scores to disqualify them, warehousing candidates for pre-degree, stratification of candidates into programmes before summation of scores and lowering of merit aggregate cut-off marks to jump others.

He added that institutions also abused the catchment area policy to admit unqualified candidates.

Oloyede, therefore, advised institutions to desist from such acts, noting that the 2019 admission process would be done purely on merit.

Besides, the board has warned candidates who registered for the 2019 UTME to be wary of tutorial centres in the country, saying that some of them are breeding grounds for examination malpractices.

He said: “Tutorial operators are causing damages to education because parents are just there because of the results (they churned out) in previous years. So, they go to any extent to get good results. They are not teaching these students anything, they are faking results for them, their work is to corrupt the system.”

Meanwhile, Minister of Education, Malam Adamu Adamu, has called for the prosecution of parents who fail to enrol their wards in the free compulsory basic education programme as provided by the UBE Act 2004.

Adamu, who disclosed this at a ministerial press briefing yesterday in Abuja, said 13 years after its passage, no state in Nigeria had fully implemented the UBE Act with regards to free and compulsory basic education.

He said until government starts prosecuting parents who refuse to send their wards to school, the country may never achieve the goals of UBE.

However, the Universal Basic Education Commission (UBEC) has approved N2.7 billion to bring about further improvement of universal basic education through grassroots participation, support and the eventual ownership of basic education by the communities.

Executive Secretary of the commission, Dr. Hamid Bobboyi, represented by Director, Social Mobilisation in the ministry, Alhaji Bello Kagara, stated this yesterday at a master-trainers workshop on the implementation of School-Based Management Committee – School Improvement Programmes (SBMC- SIP) in Lokoja, Kogi State.

https://www.akelicious.net/2019/03/do-not-admit-unqualified-candidates.html

Re: Do Not Admit Unqualified Candidates, JAMB Tells Institutions by KingAzubuike(f): 6:57am On Mar 19, 2019
This dude called ishaq oloyede is trying too hard. Always making unnecessary threats up and down just to trend. Same wey he ran unilorin some years back like an Islamic extremist. The son of a bìtch should take a chill pill and allow these children be.

11 Likes

Re: Do Not Admit Unqualified Candidates, JAMB Tells Institutions by Miracle4Sure: 6:57am On Mar 19, 2019
Choii shocked
Anyway let the qualify candidate(s) be admitted

1 Like

Re: Do Not Admit Unqualified Candidates, JAMB Tells Institutions by Nobody: 6:57am On Mar 19, 2019
Like say nobi naija we all gather dey

2 Likes

Re: Do Not Admit Unqualified Candidates, JAMB Tells Institutions by justmenoni: 6:58am On Mar 19, 2019
Pele

quote author=azraeljaheel post=76783226] grin[/quote]
Re: Do Not Admit Unqualified Candidates, JAMB Tells Institutions by Iruobean(m): 6:59am On Mar 19, 2019
angry
Re: Do Not Admit Unqualified Candidates, JAMB Tells Institutions by canalily(m): 7:00am On Mar 19, 2019
they.are.all.qualified!
Re: Do Not Admit Unqualified Candidates, JAMB Tells Institutions by ajayibiodun12: 7:01am On Mar 19, 2019
You Can now VIEW and DOWNLOAD FREE JAMB past Questions from 2010-2018 for all Subjects.......All for FREE!!!
Just click on the links below to VIEW and DOWNLOAD it for FREE!

===>UTME 2010-2018 ENGLISH PAST QUESTIONS:
https://www.prep.ng/2019/02/2010-2018-jamb-english-past-questions.html

===>UTME 2010-2018 COMMERCE PAST QUESTIONS:
https://www.prep.ng/2019/02/2010-2018-jamb-commerce-past-questions.html

===>UTME 2010-2018 MATHEMATICS PAST QUESTIONS:
https://www.prep.ng/2019/02/2010-2018-jambutme-mathematics-questions.html

===>UTME 2010-2018 PHYSICS PAST QUESTIONS:
https://www.prep.ng/2019/02/2010-2018-jambutme-physics-questions.html

===>UTME 2010-2018 LITERATURE IN ENGLISH PAST QUESTIONS:
https://www.prep.ng/2019/02/2010-2018-literature-in-english-past.html

===>UTME 2010-2018 PRINCIPLES OF ACCOUNT PAST QUESTIONS:
https://www.prep.ng/2019/02/2010-2018-jambutme-principles-of.html

===>UTME 2010-2018 BIOLOGY PAST QUESTIONS:
https://www.prep.ng/2019/02/2010-2018-jambutme-biology-questions.html

===>UTME 2010-2018 GOVERNMENT PAST QUESTIONS:
https://www.prep.ng/2019/02/2010-2018-jambutme-government-questions.html

===>UTME 2010-2018 GEOGRAPHY PAST QUESTIONS:
https://www.prep.ng/2019/02/2010-2018-utme-geography-questions.html

===>UTME 2010-2018 ECONOMICS PAST QUESTIONS:
https://www.prep.ng/2019/02/2010-2018-economics-past-questions.html

===>UTME 2010-2018 CHEMISTRY PAST QUESTIONS:
https://www.prep.ng/2019/02/2010-2018-chemistry-past-questions.html

<==== DOWNLOAD MORE AT WWW.prep.ng ====>

1 Like

Re: Do Not Admit Unqualified Candidates, JAMB Tells Institutions by mysteriousman(m): 7:05am On Mar 19, 2019
I think schools have the automy to decide who they want to admit, you cant tell schools how to run there affairs?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do Not Admit Unqualified Candidates, JAMB Tells Institutions by noni14(m): 7:06am On Mar 19, 2019
u alone can't wipe corruption out of our institution
Re: Do Not Admit Unqualified Candidates, JAMB Tells Institutions by castrol180(m): 7:08am On Mar 19, 2019
Good
Re: Do Not Admit Unqualified Candidates, JAMB Tells Institutions by yuanexchanger: 7:08am On Mar 19, 2019
we're they being admitted before without the required documents.Education is a joke in this country.Pay your chinese suppliers through us.Check siggy below.
Re: Do Not Admit Unqualified Candidates, JAMB Tells Institutions by qanda: 7:12am On Mar 19, 2019
Ok. Download JAMB Past Questions and Answers (1999 - 2017) for FREE on Q and A App. Search for 'Q and A' on Google Playstore, install first App from search result.
Re: Do Not Admit Unqualified Candidates, JAMB Tells Institutions by Futureyahooboi(m): 7:13am On Mar 19, 2019
Adamu, who disclosed this at a ministerial press briefing yesterday in Abuja, said 13 years after its passage, no state in Nigeria had fully implemented the UBE Act with regards to free and compulsory basic education.

He said until government starts prosecuting parents who refuse to send their wards to school, the country may never achieve the goals of UBE...

EVEN THE SO CALLED GOVERNMENT HOW MANY OF THEM PASS JAMB THEMSELF NOT TO TALK ABOUT HAVING COMPLETE O'LEVEL RESULT....... MAKE I GO SELECT BEANS O!
Re: Do Not Admit Unqualified Candidates, JAMB Tells Institutions by chinavs9ja(m): 7:17am On Mar 19, 2019
You hear?

If you need a professional website check my signature
Re: Do Not Admit Unqualified Candidates, JAMB Tells Institutions by PassiveNaira: 7:20am On Mar 19, 2019
Some of these reps and senators going into the national assembly should register now. We don't want to start hearing that they posses fake certificate when they can just enrol and bag a degree within 6 months.
Re: Do Not Admit Unqualified Candidates, JAMB Tells Institutions by lonelydora: 7:20am On Mar 19, 2019
Why won't they admit unqualified students when in Nigerian Universities tthese days, it is man-know-man.

We have VC's list, DVC's list, Dean of Student Affairs list, etc. all admitting students who can pay between 250k-450k depending on the course of study.

We all are mad in this country
Re: Do Not Admit Unqualified Candidates, JAMB Tells Institutions by stanliwise(m): 7:25am On Mar 19, 2019
haha
Re: Do Not Admit Unqualified Candidates, JAMB Tells Institutions by Zeezxo(m): 7:31am On Mar 19, 2019
KingAzubuike:
This dude called ishaq oloyede is trying too hard. Always making unnecessary threats up and down just to trend. Same wey he ran unilorin some years back like an Islamic extremist. The son of a bìtch should take a chill pill and allow these children be.
I only pity people like you.
That is why I think Nigeria can't move forward if people like you are still existing.
Giving people who aren't qualified admission is a big step. One day your Son come home and tell you he has not gotten admission after been qualified for the institution. Then you know the pains some people are going through.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do Not Admit Unqualified Candidates, JAMB Tells Institutions by iceboy4752(m): 7:35am On Mar 19, 2019
In my opinion, I think JAMB CAPS should be the admission list of all schools, in which JAMB will solely be in charge of admitting candidates on merit based on catchment areas and ELDS. This will greatly reduce the rate of "connection" and "long-legged," as it won't be a matter of "I know the Vice-Chancellor, but I know I'll make it on merit with my score.
Re: Do Not Admit Unqualified Candidates, JAMB Tells Institutions by stanliwise(m): 7:35am On Mar 19, 2019
I am happy with everything Jamb chairman has said but he shouldn't stop at just saying that. He should show actions by encouraging writing of Jamb in the university with aid of CBT and this should be the sole method of admission into a tertiary institution.

Furthermore Nigeria needs more institution, youth need to be in school and stay away from harsh conditions of society until they are ready. Some state just have only one state university with no Federal.

mrakeli62:

Besides, the board has warned candidates who registered for the 2019 UTME to be wary of tutorial centres in the country, saying that some of them are breeding grounds for examination malpractices.

The statement above got me grin. you are warning the benefactors & sponsorer(students) of the malpractice centers to desist grin grin
We better start implementing the use of camera in CBT centers.
Re: Do Not Admit Unqualified Candidates, JAMB Tells Institutions by iceboy4752(m): 7:37am On Mar 19, 2019
mysteriousman:
I think schools have the automy to decide who they want to admit, you cant tell schools how to run there affairs?

How can a school whose cut-off mark is 180 admit someone with 175 with "connection" and leave out someone with 290 and expect them to keep quiet
Re: Do Not Admit Unqualified Candidates, JAMB Tells Institutions by Xavi2511: 7:39am On Mar 19, 2019
please I need answer for these questions
please when you want to be an international student from Nigeria with secondary school certificate or ssce how do you go about it.... please if you know please give me answer f you know it... what are the requirements.... or let me give this scenario you want to be an undergraduate in Canada and you have only ssce
Re: Do Not Admit Unqualified Candidates, JAMB Tells Institutions by Nobody: 7:44am On Mar 19, 2019
stanliwise:
I am happy with everything Jamb chairman has said but he shouldn't stop at just saying that. He should show actions by encouraging writing of Jamb in the university with aid of CBT and this should be the sole method of admission into a tertiary institution.

Furthermore Nigeria needs more institution, youth need to be in school and stay away from harsh conditions of society until they are ready. Some state just have only one state university with no Federal.

The statement above got me grin. you are warning the benefactors & sponsorer(students) of the malpractice centers to desist grin grin
We better start implementing the use of camera in CBT centers.
Which state has no federal university? The universities we have are enough already hence the government should upgrade existing ones
Re: Do Not Admit Unqualified Candidates, JAMB Tells Institutions by Thermodynamics(m): 7:50am On Mar 19, 2019
You need to see the kind of people in my class who just graduated last year, Engineering students who can't collect like terms, Engineering students who cannot differentiate "X".
They just bribed their way through school, one of them almost came out with a first class, imagine a graduate who can't pass junior waec having a C.G.P.A of 4.3 in the university, I mean someone who can't solve the simplest simultaneous equation. I know say una go say who school help, but anything worth doing is worth doing well. Things for Nigeria too cast abeg, I just tire
Re: Do Not Admit Unqualified Candidates, JAMB Tells Institutions by 9ja083: 8:00am On Mar 19, 2019
As if those with 1st class have gotten a job. There are so many graduates without a job. I know two brothers who graduated with good results but are now apprentice. They will soon start there own business.
what do you think those two brothers will tell their children?
That's why I don't blame some of my if No brothers who prefers business to university education.
Apprentice offers more job than university education.

(1) (2) (Reply)

10 Benefits Of Studying Abroad. / The Untold Story Of The Man Who Invented Alabukun Powder / UNN 2018/2019 Post UTME/direct Entry Admission Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.