Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,382 members, 7,819,391 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:27 PM

Is It Criminal To Be A Successful Blogger Rather Than Failing Like Kunle? - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Is It Criminal To Be A Successful Blogger Rather Than Failing Like Kunle? (1034 Views)

Chinmark Crashes After Failing To Meet 19th March 2022 Deadline Payment / EFCC Nabs Forex Trader For Failing To Fulfil 35% Monthly ROI / How To Become A Rocking And Successful Blogger This Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is It Criminal To Be A Successful Blogger Rather Than Failing Like Kunle? by Nteogwuija(m): 2:03pm On Mar 19, 2019
When calling names of successful bloggers that have graced the Nigerian blogosphere, names like Linka Ikeja, Jide Ogunsaya, and Noble Igwe would undoubtedly be answering "Present Sir." Their dominance is nothing shy of a brew of perseverance, consistency, and strategy.

I'd have loved to add the "God factor" here, but... Nah! I don't think I'm ready to spur a malevolence between my Atheist and Theist folks. That's by the way.

The fact remains that those guys up there are still going to maintain their top spots as long as the internet stays around. Their Journeys to the top? Sure, everyone has a story to tell. But a first-hand account is what I can't narrate right now. However, one I have a first-hand account of is that of my friend, Kunle.

Even though Kunle can't be reckoned with as a Successful Blogger, He once had the passion for becoming one. In summary, Kunle failed.

I want to narrate to you how Kunle and I started our online hustle and how we progressed. It's going to be a long one, but not as long as the book of Psalms. So, brace up for a long ride.

Our Story...

Kunle and I met in 2010, during our year one medical clearance exercise at the Rivers State University. We were just admitted as "fresh toads," anxious of how we intend to hop through the rivers of academics.

Kunle was of the department of Electrical and Electronics, while I was of Banking and Finance. Our faculties shared the same building at the time, so we saw a lot of the times, and we also discussed.

Of the plethora of characteristics we shared in common, three were more conspicuous; our shared faculty, love for computers, and the internet. We were mostly seen at the cyber cafe during off lecture periods querying google "how to make money online." Also, Kunle loved food a lot. I love food too (who doesn't) but not at the level of Kunle's.

Bloke ate anything that came his way and would cook any food he sees in his dream. Let me just put it this way - He had and still has a passion for food.

In 2014, Kunle bought a 1-gig-ram Dell Laptop. Gosh! The laptop was slower than a snail. We still managed it sha, "wetin boiz go do." At least it took us off the cafe.

Six months after Kunle got his Laptop, I managed to buy a Compaq mini laptop with money I sacrificed from my scholarship fund. I was excited! I felt it was about time I started using my newly acquired laptop to make some money online.

At least our research on Google paid off - Kunle decided he was going to take his passion for food into blogging, while I decided I was going into freelance writing. I had already garnered a lot of information about freelance writing from Google.

So, I went ahead and registered on freelancer.com. While Kunle took off to Blogger.com with the aim of writing instructional articles on recipes and how-tos. Money must be made.

Three months later, I had already made some bucks from freelancer.com. Kunle had gotten some subscribers, his brain was still fresh, and he wasn't struggling with content ideas. It was smooth sailing for us at the time.

Suddenly, It was as if someone picked up the DVD remote and pressed the fast-forward button(x32). Another six months had passed, making it nine months in total since we started. At this point, the Indians and Pakistanis had taken over freelancer.com.

These guys can secure your bullion van for $5 for a whole day. In essence, they made writing less attractive, and the market became saturated. So, I had to move to fiverr.com, where I ply my trade up till this moment.

Kunle, on the other hand, was running out of blog ideas. Unfortunately, his case wasn't like mine where I was able to move to another platform. His followers loved the originality of his contents; so, he objected the idea of outsourcing the process as the articles might not resonate with his readers.

As the days went by, Kunle struggled each day to come up with new blog contents as he already had exhausted his fresh ideas. If I were a foodie like he is, I'd have generated some content idea for him. But I suck grossly at food. The only thing I know about food is to boil water for garri after my sisters must have finished cooking the soup.

So I asked "Oboi how far. What's your next step?" For the very first time, I saw Kunle struggled with his retort. Kunle is a very fluent talkative, one who rarely flinches at responding to a question no matter how alien the message might sound.

After so many struggles, Kunle eventually left his passion - food. He failed! Though not woefully, because he is now an intern software developer at an IT firm on the island in Lagos.

This was how Kunle's blogging career was smashed against the rock.

Hope I didn't bore you with our story? I sincerely hope I didn't.

Now, back to how we started this article. I stated that perseverance, consistency, and strategy are mostly responsible for the success of successful bloggers.

Kunle had the will but lacked the content. It's just like you buying a new Benz - I mean legit Benz, and you find out that you're out of cash to purchase fuel. You definitely won't be able to drive the Benz. Would you?

The fuel is the content that would have driven Kunle's will towards creating a strategy for consistency and perseverance. If he had the content, just maybe, he would have been up there with the likes of Linda Ikeji.

No matter how passionate you think you are about your chosen niche, time would come where you would be hitting a block. What would you do when that time comes? Withdraw or Counter?

I'm sure you wouldn't want to be identified as a failed blogger.

For you reading this post, there are two things involved; It's either you intend starting a blog, or you already started one and are running out of content ideas like Kunle.

What if I told you that you could run a successful blog on any niche, how would you react to this?

When I say ''any niche", I mean it with every Rep Max in me. Even if all you knew about the niche was just the name of the niche, you can still be successful.

I have contents of almost all the niches on the internet. Even if you intend to write about "your village people," I've got you covered.

You don't have to storm your little brain looking for content idea or topic anymore. It's more like "Plug n Play."

I wish I had this when my friend Kunle was still blogging; He definitely wouldn't have abandoned his passion.

The articles are keyword compliant making them SEO friendly.

Enough of the talks.

If this is what you want, you can reach out to me by clicking on the WhatsApp link on my signature, and I'd be waiting eagerly to hear from you.

Cheers

-Nteogwuija

(1) (Reply)

Invest 250,000 Naira Or 500,000 Naira, Get Paid 15% Monthly For 12 Months / Somebody Is Requesting For 10 Percent Of My Startup To Link Me To Investors / 2020 Investment Opportunity!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.