Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,359 members, 7,812,014 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:16 AM

I Just Developed An App Called Social Gathering, Rate It Developers - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / I Just Developed An App Called Social Gathering, Rate It Developers (3153 Views)

I Created My First AI App, Rate It Out Of 10. / I Created A Simple Budget App, Rate It Out Of 10. / A Nigerian Has Developed An App That Detects Asphyxia In Babies From Their Cry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Just Developed An App Called Social Gathering, Rate It Developers by Kelvin30286063(m): 7:04pm On Mar 19, 2019
A week ago I decided to check through my application details and I noticed that Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and many other apps takes so much data usage from my sub and they also weighs down my ram heavily.
I was shocked when I saw that Facebook occupied 860MB from my phone's 4GB ram...
Then I was wondering what the fate of low ram android users will be. So I decided to build an app that will help you access all your social media account in one app.
This app is called Social Gathering
You can use your Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, Zealnut, LinkedIn, Nairaland, YouTube all in one all.
Another advantage to GS is that it saves data and rescues your phone from all this heavy social media apps.
Download Social Gathering here
That's what I'm actually using right now...

Re: I Just Developed An App Called Social Gathering, Rate It Developers by otiwisdom: 7:06pm On Mar 19, 2019
K
Re: I Just Developed An App Called Social Gathering, Rate It Developers by Dahyur119: 7:12pm On Mar 19, 2019
I'm getting error after downloading the package
Re: I Just Developed An App Called Social Gathering, Rate It Developers by mubayo: 7:53pm On Mar 19, 2019
If I understand the app well
It should safe space for the social media would be accessed through their web links embedded in the app which is serving as the online server

For now I think, you've done a wonderful job and would giving you 4/5

Keep it up bro.
Re: I Just Developed An App Called Social Gathering, Rate It Developers by Kelvin30286063(m): 8:00pm On Mar 19, 2019
Dahyur119:
I'm getting error after downloading the package
Can I see a screenshot of the error you get please. We wait for your reply
Re: I Just Developed An App Called Social Gathering, Rate It Developers by Kelvin30286063(m): 8:01pm On Mar 19, 2019
mubayo:
If I understand the app well
It should safe space for the social media would be accessed through their web links embedded in the app which is serving as the online server

For now I think, you've done a wonderful job and would giving you 4/5

Keep it up bro.
That's exactly the idea. Thanks bro

2 Likes

Re: I Just Developed An App Called Social Gathering, Rate It Developers by Nobody: 8:04pm On Mar 19, 2019
I really appreciate your work, I am typing this message through the app
Re: I Just Developed An App Called Social Gathering, Rate It Developers by Kelvin30286063(m): 8:19pm On Mar 19, 2019
Rotentina:
I really appreciate your work, I am typing this message through the app
Thanks... Do you like the interface?
Re: I Just Developed An App Called Social Gathering, Rate It Developers by Nobody: 8:34pm On Mar 19, 2019
Kelvin30286063:

Thanks... Do you like the interface?

Yes
Re: I Just Developed An App Called Social Gathering, Rate It Developers by Nobody: 9:06pm On Mar 19, 2019
Amazing apps...
Will it have a premium access cos am seeing adverts pop ups.

Where are all the Mods on Nairaland na..
Isn't this app worth testing and moved to front page cheesy

Re: I Just Developed An App Called Social Gathering, Rate It Developers by Kelvin30286063(m): 9:26pm On Mar 19, 2019
grayht:
Amazing apps...
Will it have a premium access cos am seeing adverts pop ups.

Where are all the Mods on Nairaland na..
Isn't this app worth testing and moved to front page cheesy
Thank you. I just reduced the pop ups which means users will see less of it. I'll also dublicate the app for programmers here in the programming section. It will be totally ad free

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Just Developed An App Called Social Gathering, Rate It Developers by OPTIMUSPRIME08: 2:15pm On Mar 20, 2019
They will not see this one until op pays for FP
But if it's is Etinosa or other yeyebriti bullshit dam go see am sharp sharp
Re: I Just Developed An App Called Social Gathering, Rate It Developers by Kelvin30286063(m): 4:53pm On Mar 20, 2019
OPTIMUSPRIME08:
They will not see this one until op pays for FP
But if it's is Etinosa or other yeyebriti bullshit dam go see am sharp sharp
There's no denying the fact that nairaland is a biased forum.
Anyway, people that appreciates the app does appreciate it. Already have 92 downloads since yesterday that it was launched
Re: I Just Developed An App Called Social Gathering, Rate It Developers by Nobody: 5:46pm On Mar 20, 2019
Kelvin30286063:

Anyway, people that appreciates the app does appreciate it. Already have 92 downloads since yesterday that it was launched

Can you add Outlook, Eskimi, Google Search, Sportybet, Jiji and Jumia?
Re: I Just Developed An App Called Social Gathering, Rate It Developers by Kelvin30286063(m): 5:53pm On Mar 20, 2019
Rotentina:

Can you add Outlook, Eskimi, Google Search, Sportybet, Jiji and Jumia?
That won't be difficult but we cannot go down to your own personal needs bro. By the way, Google search is available on the app, all you need to do is click on the search icon.
Re: I Just Developed An App Called Social Gathering, Rate It Developers by OPTIMUSPRIME08: 6:40pm On Mar 20, 2019
Kelvin30286063:

Not just biased but really on mostly scandals to stay at the top as it's will always bring viewers
More grace to you bro keep it up
Re: I Just Developed An App Called Social Gathering, Rate It Developers by Nobody: 7:49pm On Mar 20, 2019
Kelvin30286063:

That won't be difficult but we cannot go down to your own personal needs bro. By the way, Google search is available on the app, all you need to do is click on the search icon.

It is not my personal need, point of correction.......I am only trying to suggest!
Re: I Just Developed An App Called Social Gathering, Rate It Developers by Superstar007(m): 8:12pm On Mar 20, 2019
Op is really just rendering a webview of these sites which isn't different from using a web browser. Most of these sites have pwa that are actually lighter than the native apps. And why does the app need my location?

3 Likes

Re: I Just Developed An App Called Social Gathering, Rate It Developers by Kelvin30286063(m): 9:03pm On Mar 20, 2019
Rotentina:

It is not my personal need, point of correction.......I am only trying to suggest!
Alright bro, I'll look into that...
Re: I Just Developed An App Called Social Gathering, Rate It Developers by Kelvin30286063(m): 9:07am On Mar 21, 2019
I'm glad to announce new features to Social Gathering App.
Now you can share videos and watch videos shared by other users easily and streamlessly.
It's fast, and manages your data usage to the barest minimum so you don't have to worry about data wastage like YouTube and instagram.
Feel free to share your videos with SG and enjoy wide range of views from our rapidly growing users.

In the meantime, we are currently uploading a series of web development tutorial videos from udemy. Don't miss them!

Download SG Here

Re: I Just Developed An App Called Social Gathering, Rate It Developers by Kelvin30286063(m): 1:16pm On Mar 21, 2019
Kelvin30286063:
A week ago I decided to check through my application details and I noticed that Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and many other apps takes so much data usage from my sub and they also weighs down my ram heavily.
I was shocked when I saw that Facebook occupied 860MB from my phone's 4GB ram...
Then I was wondering what the fate of low ram android users will be. So I decided to build an app that will help you access all your social media account in one app.
This app is called Social Gathering
You can use your Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, Zealnut, LinkedIn, Nairaland, YouTube all in one all.
Another advantage to GS is that it saves data and rescues your phone from all this heavy social media apps.
Download Social Gathering here
That's what I'm actually using right now...

I'm currently working on SG support for iOS users so that iPhone users can have social gathering on their devices.
We are not stopping anytime soon.
Re: I Just Developed An App Called Social Gathering, Rate It Developers by SalesConsultant(m): 9:06am On Mar 22, 2019
Can I have your contact... Perhaps we can work together.

Very nice app
Re: I Just Developed An App Called Social Gathering, Rate It Developers by Kelvin30286063(m): 11:35am On Mar 22, 2019
SalesConsultant:
Can I have your contact... Perhaps we can work together.

Very nice app
Sure we can
Re: I Just Developed An App Called Social Gathering, Rate It Developers by Kelvin30286063(m): 6:55pm On Mar 22, 2019
Superstar007:
Op is really just rendering a webview of these sites which isn't different from using a web browser. Most of these sites have pwa that are actually lighter than the native apps. And why does the app need my location?
The app asked for your location cuz it's not just me rendering a webview. Social Gathering has a chat/inbox section, a video sharing section and of course it wants to know your location so it can filter contents that suits you. Thanks for your review.
Re: I Just Developed An App Called Social Gathering, Rate It Developers by Kelvin30286063(m): 8:08am On Mar 24, 2019
Now you can search through different shopping pages to pick the best price for any product you want to buy.
Social Gathering is improving everyday so you can have better user experience!
Download social gathering here

Re: I Just Developed An App Called Social Gathering, Rate It Developers by makavele: 11:48am On Mar 24, 2019
One question, how does the app handle notifications? Especially when it isnt in scope
Re: I Just Developed An App Called Social Gathering, Rate It Developers by Kelvin30286063(m): 8:09pm On Mar 24, 2019
makavele:
One question, how does the app handle notifications? Especially when it isnt in scope
Necessary notifications are well handled but considering the fact that Social gathering has over 6 social media web pages embedded in it, we feel it won't be necessary to push notifications from all those social pages.
The notifications will be too overwhelming and users may decide to uninstall it.
Re: I Just Developed An App Called Social Gathering, Rate It Developers by makavele: 10:21pm On Mar 24, 2019
Kelvin30286063:

Necessary notifications are well handled but considering the fact that Social gathering has over 6 social media web pages embedded in it, we feel it won't be necessary to push notifications from all those social pages.
The notifications will be too overwhelming and users may decide to uninstall it.

Why don't you give the app user the choice of disabling notifications for each app as intended.
I mean; that is the real reason why we use app versions of websites; cos we want to be notified in realtime; on the go !!
p.s. getting notifications from 6 standalone apps in my phone isn't any different from getting notifications from a 6 -in - 1 app
The average user has insta, twita and fb by default and notifications are turned on for all.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Full Responsive Forex Trading-Broker Website Scripts / Anybody Here Know How One Can Password/encrypt Sqlite Database in C++? / Arduino Based Project:sms Based Electronic Voting Machine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.