Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,042 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:39 AM

5 Year Old Boy Found Alive After Huge Search In Argentinian Desert (Photos) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 5 Year Old Boy Found Alive After Huge Search In Argentinian Desert (Photos) (1055 Views)

Baby Found Alive On Mum’s Back 24hrs After Bandits Shot Her Dead (pix) / Woman Abandons 4-Year-Old Child In Gambling Shop As Collateral After Huge Losses / Boy Found Wandering In Enugu. Do You Know Him? (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Year Old Boy Found Alive After Huge Search In Argentinian Desert (Photos) by AbujaBlue: 1:54pm On Mar 20, 2019
A five-year-old boy who was rescued after almost 24 hours lost in the desert in western Argentina has been released from hospital.

Benjamín Sánchez went missing during a family trip on Sunday and was found by a team of volunteers 21km (13 miles) from where he was last seen.

"I was cold, I slept badly, leaning on a rock," said the boy, who was wearing only a T-shirt and light trousers.

He said he had survived by eating grass and drinking water from a stream.

After being rescued on Monday afternoon, the child was taken by helicopter to a hospital in San Juan suffering slight dehydration and was released on Tuesday.

'I got scared'

Benjamín was found sitting under a tree by a motorcyclist after a search operation that involved some 1,000 police, civil defence officials and volunteers.

"My mum was chasing me and I started running. At first I could hear her but then I got lost," he told El Clarín newspaper (in Spanish).

"I leaned on a stone, started calling her, but she didn't hear me... I [started] walking towards a light that was very far away."

Temperatures in the region this time of the year vary from 30C (86F) during the day to around zero at night.

Alberto Ontiveros, who found the boy, said wild pumas roam the area.

"[Benjamín] was tired... The only thing he was asking for was water."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-47635713
https://www.clarin.com/sociedad/desesperada-busqueda-nene-anos-desaparecio-zona-turistica_0_N6zmgTP6k.html

Re: 5 Year Old Boy Found Alive After Huge Search In Argentinian Desert (Photos) by AbujaBlue: 1:55pm On Mar 20, 2019
Benjamin Sanchez hugs his mother in hospital after he spent 24 hours in the desert, wearing only a T-shirt and trousers. Upon release he was greeted with a new bike from his relatives.

Re: 5 Year Old Boy Found Alive After Huge Search In Argentinian Desert (Photos) by Imortal001: 1:59pm On Mar 20, 2019
Nice one!

1 Like

Re: 5 Year Old Boy Found Alive After Huge Search In Argentinian Desert (Photos) by dante0147: 2:02pm On Mar 20, 2019
Good one !

1 Like

Re: 5 Year Old Boy Found Alive After Huge Search In Argentinian Desert (Photos) by Nobody: 12:09am On Mar 21, 2019
1 thousand policemen... Had it been in the country ruled by a dullard....

2 Likes

Re: 5 Year Old Boy Found Alive After Huge Search In Argentinian Desert (Photos) by TobiAbuja: 11:43pm On Mar 27, 2019
Life is clearly valued there. Pretty miraculous.
Re: 5 Year Old Boy Found Alive After Huge Search In Argentinian Desert (Photos) by viqSmallz(m): 9:01am On Mar 28, 2019
Caucasians and Hispanics with their weird thinking. The guy got lost and gets a bike.

Get lost in Nigeria firstly at your own peril.
Them find you na beating them go use welcome you.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How Serious Is Irreconcilable Differences? / Woman Reportedly Prays Her New Born Baby Pronounced Dead By Doctors Back To Life / How Long Should It Take Before Agreeing To Meet Someone In Person. MATURE Respo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.