Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,563 members, 7,816,367 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:16 AM

How Selling Cars Helped Me Relocate Out Of Nigeria - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / How Selling Cars Helped Me Relocate Out Of Nigeria (4560 Views)

Car Dealers, What Is Your Worst Experience Selling Cars? / Save Time, Money & Sweat Buying Or Selling Cars And Properties / How Oviecardealer Helped Me Purchased An SUV From Cotonou... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Selling Cars Helped Me Relocate Out Of Nigeria by tolani91: 5:32pm On Mar 20, 2019
Today makes it exactly 1 year I left Nigeria. To mark this little anniversary, I decided to share how it happened for me on the forum that made it happen. I am not a good writer. Pardon me if the sequence of events in my story appear scrambled.

About 3 years ago, after graduating from Poly Ibadan with my OND, I searched for work everywhere. All the pay in Ibadan were under N20k. I decided, instead of taking a job for N20k, I should pursue my passion which is cars. I became an agent selling cars. I would visit car stands. Take pics, share on whatsapp, social media and all. I was able to get by with few sales every month. I would also look for cheap cars on Nairaland and help the seller get a buyer within Lagos/Ibadan/Ogun states.

In 2017, people started asking me if they can import their own cars directly. I would help them search on mobile.de and autoscoute24.de for cars. To cut the long story short, I assisted to import 4 cars before the end of 2017. 3 of the cars were from a particular car dealership in Genoa, Italy. In January 2018, anther buyer needed a car. We did our search and found a car from this dealership. Since I already saved some money as commission from the cars I have sold, both imported and locally, I decided to try my luck with the dealership. I requested that they allow me come check the car in person. And, they sent me an invitation without hesitation. I did the Visa and all. Then I traveled to Italy February 7th 2018.

While in Italy, I talked to the MD of the dealership. I told him to look at the few sales I have brought him. I told him I can do more if I am employed as his sales agent. He said sales men in his dealership are commission based. I said I can accept the commission based job because I have a lot of connects in Nigeria. After a second discussion with him, he offered me the job. The job had monthly and quarterly sales targets. No salary. Only commission. The good thing was that there was no resumption or closing time. No fixed working hours. Just meet your target. This will enable me take up other fixed paying jobs in Italy while I sell cars on the side.

After all was concluded, and I received my appointment contract, I returned to Nigeria. I reapplied for a working Visa this time around. My previous visa was a visit visa. I would have been able to apply and do the change in Italy but the process would have taken a longer time. The best option was for me to return to Nigeria and reapply. My Visa was granted. And on the 20th of March 2018, I left Nigeria to resume my job.

It has been great since I got here. Absolutely great. I traveled without using agents or anything. Only trying my luck in requesting for what I wanted. If you are looking for a way out of Nigeria, this could be your best route. This can work with any dealership in Europe and in any European country.

As you celebrate with me today, I wish you success in your endeavours. If you have questions you can drop your number for whatsapp.

55 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How Selling Cars Helped Me Relocate Out Of Nigeria by Here2day(m): 5:45pm On Mar 20, 2019
Congratulations bro. Gbogbo ẹ lọ́wọ́ orí! Also a Polyte. Southerner!!!
tolani91:
Today makes it exactly 1 year I left Nigeria. To mark this little anniversary, I decided to share how it happened for me on the forum that made it happen. I am not a good writer. Pardon me if the sequence of events in my story appear scrambled.

About 3 years ago, after graduating from Poly Ibadan with my OND, I searched for work everywhere. All the pay in Ibadan were under N20k. I decided, instead of taking a job for N20k, I should pursue my passion which is cars. I became an agent selling cars. I would visit car stands. Take pics, share on whatsapp, social media and all. I was able to get by with few sales every month. I would also look for cheap cars on Nairaland and help the seller get a buyer within Lagos/Ibadan/Ogun states.

In 2017, people started asking me if they can import their own cars directly. I would help them search on mobile.de and autoscoute24.de for cars. To cut the long story short, I assisted to import 4 cars before the end of 2017. 3 of the cars were from a particular car dealership in Genoa, Italy. In January 2018, anther buyer needed a car. We did our search and found a car from this dealership. Since I already saved some money as commission from the cars I have sold, both imported and locally, I decided to try my luck with the dealership. I requested that they allow me come check the car in person. And, they sent me an invitation without hesitation. I did the Visa and all. Then I traveled to Italy February 7th 2018.

While in Italy, I talked to the MD of the dealership. I told him to look at the few sales I have brought him. I told him I can do more if I am employed as his sales agent. He said sales men in his dealership are commission based. I said I can accept the commission based job because I have a lot of connects in Nigeria. After a second discussion with him, he offered me the job. The job had monthly and quarterly sales targets. No salary. Only commission. The good thing was that there was no resumption or closing time. No fixed working hours. Just meet your target. This will enable me take up other fixed paying jobs in Italy while I sell cars on the side.

After all was concluded, and I received my appointment contract, I returned to Nigeria. I reapplied for a working Visa this time around. My previous visa was a visit visa. I would have been able to apply and do the change in Italy but the process would have taken a longer time. The best option was for me to return to Nigeria and reapply. My Visa was granted. And on the 20th of March 2018, I left Nigeria to resume my job.

It has been great since I got here. Absolutely great. I traveled without using agents or anything. Only trying my luck in requesting for what I wanted. If you are looking for a way out of Nigeria, this could be your best route. This can work with any dealership in Europe and in any European country.

As you celebrate with me today, I wish you success in your endeavours. If you have questions you can drop your number for whatsapp.
Re: How Selling Cars Helped Me Relocate Out Of Nigeria by Sultty(m): 5:45pm On Mar 20, 2019
tolani91:

I celebrate u in this great feat.i pray this passion of mine does same
Re: How Selling Cars Helped Me Relocate Out Of Nigeria by ogawisdom(m): 5:48pm On Mar 20, 2019
I am not saying this is scam package but it sounds like one lol

Never mind congratulations bro

8 Likes

Re: How Selling Cars Helped Me Relocate Out Of Nigeria by tolani91: 6:02pm On Mar 20, 2019
ogawisdom:
I am not saying this is scam package but it sounds like one lol

Never mind congratulations bro

You do not have wisdom. It's clear. I mentioned that I did not use any agent. I did it all myself. You can also do it all yourself.

I know how bad things are over there. Almost every Nigerian sees evil in everything because of suffering and frustration. That's why I left. I smiled when I saw your comment. I'm happy I left. I would have been talking like you.

22 Likes

Re: How Selling Cars Helped Me Relocate Out Of Nigeria by ogawisdom(m): 6:07pm On Mar 20, 2019
tolani91:

You do not have wisdom. It's clear. I mentioned I did not use any agent. I did it all myself. You can also do it all yourself.

I know how bad things are over there. Almost every Nigerian sees evil in everything because of suffering and frustration. That's why I left. I smiled when I saw your comment. I'm happy I left. I would have been talking like you.

Why did you prefer WhatsApp for further enquiries rather than here? It's to make your game private.

Not everyone is as dull as you bro

U are pained I unboxed your package grin grin grin grin

U r somewhere in Ibadan eating once a day yet hustling for men to scam lol. Try harder

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Selling Cars Helped Me Relocate Out Of Nigeria by dokyOloye: 6:07pm On Mar 20, 2019
You were selling cars on nairaland but your moniker is less than 1 month old?
And how did you transit from som1 who solely knew the Nigerian market abi Lagos/Ibadan/Ogun market to selling cars in Italy,a non English speaking country where you've visited just once?
I have not said anything ooo grin grin grin

12 Likes

Re: How Selling Cars Helped Me Relocate Out Of Nigeria by tolani91: 6:10pm On Mar 20, 2019
ogawisdom:

Why did you prefer WhatsApp for further enquiries rather than here? It's to make your game private.

Not everyone is as dull as you bro

U are pained I unboxed your package grin grin grin grin

U r somewhere in Ibadan eating once a day yet hustling for men to scam lol. Try harder
Peace my brother. It is well. Have faith
Re: How Selling Cars Helped Me Relocate Out Of Nigeria by woodrow(m): 6:12pm On Mar 20, 2019
You are a very bad writer and a very dull scammer.

Who is so dumb to get a Visa just to inspect a used car? Just one used car and u travelled to Italy..

Tell me,the MD of the dealership even allowed u stay in his house too?
U better go and prepare for your jamb exam..time Isa running out.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Selling Cars Helped Me Relocate Out Of Nigeria by tolani91: 6:18pm On Mar 20, 2019
dokyOloye:
And how did you transit from som1 who solely knew the Nigerian market to selling cars in Italy,a non English speaking country where you've barely visited just once?
I have not said anything ooo grin

Thanks for commenting. It will be best if Nigerians learn to ask question in a dialogue manner rather than a confrontational manner. Anyway I understand where all the confrontational mentality comes from. It's the frustration. Let me answer your questions

1. I was not selling cars on Nairaland. Read my post again. I looked for cheap cars on Nairaland and helped the seller get buyers. Please read the second paragraph in my post.

2. I don't sell cars in Italy. The dealership is an export only dealership. The dealership is a non-vatable dealership. Cars that are exported do not pay VAT. And the dealership only does export. I sell cars to Nigeria. I sell cars to my connects in Nigeria.

6 Likes

Re: How Selling Cars Helped Me Relocate Out Of Nigeria by tolani91: 6:20pm On Mar 20, 2019
woodrow:
You are a very bad writer and a very dull scammer.

Who is so dumb to get a Visa just to inspect a used car? Just one used car and u travelled to Italy..

Tell me,the MD of the dealership even allowed u stay in his house too?
U better go and prepare for your jamb exam..time Isa running out.

When Nigerians see good news, they get angry. Lol smiley

8 Likes

Re: How Selling Cars Helped Me Relocate Out Of Nigeria by decatalyst(m): 6:21pm On Mar 20, 2019
Nice one.

There are no much job... You create one!

Lesson learnt from the Op

5 Likes

Re: How Selling Cars Helped Me Relocate Out Of Nigeria by woodrow(m): 6:26pm On Mar 20, 2019
dokyOloye:
And how did you transit from som1 who solely knew the Nigerian market abi Lagos/Ibadan/Ogun market to selling cars in Italy,a non English speaking country where you've visited just once?
I have not said anything ooo grin grin grin

He helped one of his ogun axis customer to order a Ferrari...and he got an invite being a superb purchase
Re: How Selling Cars Helped Me Relocate Out Of Nigeria by tolani91: 6:39pm On Mar 20, 2019
decatalyst:
Nice one.

There are no much job... You create one!

Lesson learnt from the Op
Exactly. Thank you my brother
Re: How Selling Cars Helped Me Relocate Out Of Nigeria by tolani91: 11:34pm On Mar 20, 2019
Sultty:

I celebrate u in this great feat.i pray this passion of mine does same
I say Amen for you my brother
Re: How Selling Cars Helped Me Relocate Out Of Nigeria by tolani91: 8:40am On Mar 21, 2019
We Nigerians should learn to look at the bright side of things. Don't let the society limit your possibility mind

1 Like

Re: How Selling Cars Helped Me Relocate Out Of Nigeria by promotervickky(m): 8:53am On Mar 21, 2019
Nice one But hope you didn't relocate out of Nigeria because you think the country is bad ?
Re: How Selling Cars Helped Me Relocate Out Of Nigeria by tolani91: 9:38am On Mar 21, 2019
promotervickky:
Nice one But hope you didn't relocate out of Nigeria because you think the country is bad ?

Is the country good? I looked at the people around me. Those who finished their ND before me in Poly. 80% were yahoo boys. I looked at my set, 80% were yahoo boys. No one I could point to making a headway in live. No jobs. Nothing. Some were living of girlfriends. If you look good in Ibadan, SARS will arrest you along the road. On 3 different occasions when I wore new clothes and new shoes in Ibadan, I was arrested around dugbe. I did not do anything wrong. They will arrest you, harass you and collect money from you and tell you to go.

My brother, for a young man in Nigeria, the country is bad. I am happy I left. Now in Italy, if they are doing designer sales in Milan, like they did in January after Xmas, I will conveniently buy cheap designers. Wear original brand new designers. Go anywhere and I won't be harassed by police, even if I am black. If I should comeback to Nigeria today and wear those clothes to walk around, will your police let me be?

6 Likes

Re: How Selling Cars Helped Me Relocate Out Of Nigeria by DealAgent: 4:31pm On Mar 21, 2019
tolani91:

Re: How Selling Cars Helped Me Relocate Out Of Nigeria by tolani91: 7:05pm On Mar 21, 2019
Come join me for dinner

Re: How Selling Cars Helped Me Relocate Out Of Nigeria by promotervickky(m): 9:44pm On Mar 21, 2019
tolani91:

Is the country good? I looked at the people around me. Those who finished their ND before me in Poly. 80% were yahoo boys. I looked at my set, 80% were yahoo boys. No one I could point to making a headway in live. No jobs. Nothing. Some were living of girlfriends. If you look good in Ibadan, SARS will arrest you along the road. On 3 different occasions when I wore new clothes and new shoes in Ibadan, I was arrested around dugbe. I did not do anything wrong. They will arrest you, harass you and collect money from you and tell you to go.

My brother, for a young man in Nigeria, the country is bad. I am happy I left. Now in Italy, if they are doing designer sales in Milan, like they did in January after Xmas, I will conveniently buy cheap designers. Wear original brand new designers. Go anywhere and I won't be harassed by police, even if I am black. If I should comeback to Nigeria today and wear those clothes to walk around, will your police let me be?

My brother, If you say this country is bad you stayed here and gathered money to travel and also you now send vehicles to Nigeria for your clients to buy thus making more money.. if this country is as bad as you say it is why are you making money from Nigerians who live in a bad country called Nigeria ? Nigeria is not bad, we will get there

5 Likes

Re: How Selling Cars Helped Me Relocate Out Of Nigeria by tolani91: 11:01pm On Mar 21, 2019
promotervickky:

My brother, If you say this country is bad you stayed here and gathered money to travel and also you now send vehicles to Nigeria for your clients to buy thus making more money.. if this country is as bad as you say it is why are you making money from Nigerians who live in a bad country called Nigeria ? Nigeria is not bad, we will get there

I am making the best of a bad country.

8 Likes

Re: How Selling Cars Helped Me Relocate Out Of Nigeria by lordally(m): 11:06pm On Mar 21, 2019
tolani91:

Best Reply EVER!!!!

2 Likes

Re: How Selling Cars Helped Me Relocate Out Of Nigeria by promotervickky(m): 6:55am On Mar 22, 2019
tolani91:

I thoroughly disagree bro

1 Like

Re: How Selling Cars Helped Me Relocate Out Of Nigeria by tolani91: 9:23am On Mar 22, 2019
promotervickky:

I thoroughly disagree bro

You disagree that I am making the best out of it? Why don't you focus on yourself and try to make the best of your situation

1 Like

Re: How Selling Cars Helped Me Relocate Out Of Nigeria by lordally(m): 1:53pm On Mar 22, 2019
T
Re: How Selling Cars Helped Me Relocate Out Of Nigeria by ric78(m): 4:03pm On Mar 22, 2019
Add me 08020949818
Re: How Selling Cars Helped Me Relocate Out Of Nigeria by promotervickky(m): 5:43pm On Mar 22, 2019
tolani91:

You disagree that I am making the best out of it? Why don't you focus on yourself and try to make the best of your situation

What you need to do is pray for this country, ask God to be merciful and get us through... the Italy you are in didn t just become Italy in 55 years, it took time.. pray and repent for the country.. Pray for the prosperity of Nigeria. your business will be affected positively if Nigeria prospers..
Re: How Selling Cars Helped Me Relocate Out Of Nigeria by tolani91: 11:35pm On Mar 22, 2019
promotervickky:

What you need to do is pray for this country, ask God to be merciful and get us through... the Italy you are in didn t just become Italy in 55 years, it took time.. pray and repent for the country.. Pray for the prosperity of Nigeria. your business will be affected positively if Nigeria prospers..
You are just dumb. I should repent for the country? Does that makes sense to you at all?

And please stop joining the bangwagon to sing 55 years. A minister of education in Nigeria will loot money meant for schools and then send all their children overseas to school. Did 55 years cause them to steal and loot?

Oga go and check Dubai in 1990. How many years of independence is South Africa celebrating? Italy didn't get there in 55 years. You are living in self denial

2 Likes

Re: How Selling Cars Helped Me Relocate Out Of Nigeria by tolani91: 8:55am On Mar 24, 2019
lordally:
Tolani so Now you're in Italy ...aside the Car Dealership job...I guess you have another job you're also doing too??

I started out working in a bakery as a second job. Then I went for 6 months training as a Forklift operator. My bakery job paid 11.20 euros per hour. Now I work as a Forklift operator at a factory. Salary is 16.49 euros per hour. I do 8 hours night shifts daily. Then sell cars during the day.

6 Likes

Re: How Selling Cars Helped Me Relocate Out Of Nigeria by tensazangetsu20(m): 9:40am On Mar 24, 2019
Nigeria has failed it's youth . Funny enough it's the same idiot youths dying for politicians. Mods this is front page material.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Clean And Perfecly Functuning Nissan Quest Space Bus For Sale! / Toyota Camry Xle 2007 Fully Loaded For 3.8m / 2001 Toyota Corolla(silver Colour)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.