Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,033 members, 7,838,583 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:42 AM

Unilag Convocation: Before The Visitors Arrive, Fix This Horrible Access Roads - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Unilag Convocation: Before The Visitors Arrive, Fix This Horrible Access Roads (345 Views)

Bus Conveying UNILAG Convocation Gown Vandalised / UNILAG Convocation: Falola Advocates Study Of Ifa, Witchcraft In Universities / UNILAG CONVOCATION ACADEMIC OUTFIT, BROCHURE AND CERTIFICATE COLLECTION PAYMENT (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Unilag Convocation: Before The Visitors Arrive, Fix This Horrible Access Roads by cola: 10:23am On Mar 21, 2019
The University of Lagos is arguably the nation's most popular university. It prides itself as the "nation's pride".
It's 50th convocation cérémonies are due in about a week when it hopes to welcome guests and visitors from all over the country.

Shamefully though, one of the only two roads that lead to this supposedly prestigious citadel is a horror to behold and drive through. The access road from the Bariga axis to the university is in complete shambles and one can't understand how the several levels of government that should be concerned really don't seem concerned: Yaba and Bariga LGAs, the Lagos State government and the Federal government.

While conceding not being privy to information, one would also feel that the authorities at the university should be able to leverage their goodwill to get any of these levels of government to fix this eyesore that leads to their school or they could at least mobilize their works department to do some palliative repair on the road.

Lest I forget, this same road serves as access to yet another Federal College of Education (Technical) Akoka and the prestigious St. Finbarrs College. In fact, it's called st. Finbarrs road!

Is Unilag going to invite and welcome visitors and guests to it's 50th convocation with this road in this shameful shape?

PS 1: I've written this as a matter of public concern.

PS 2: I'll include pictures of the road as soon as I'm able to.

@lalasticlala, pls this needs to be pushed to get the attention of people concerned as soon as possible. Thank you.

(1) (Reply)

Engineers In The House Check Out This Question On CVE / Physics / Impact Of Nigerian Tax Policies On The Economy And Small Businesses In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.