Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,126 members, 7,835,788 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:58 PM

How Do I Tell This Guy To Stop Eating In My House? - Food (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How Do I Tell This Guy To Stop Eating In My House? (48516 Views)

See The Tomatoes I Bought yesterday For 15k For Use In My House. / What I Ate In A Rich Man’s House VS What I Eat In My House / See What Almajiri Brought In My House In Exchange For Food to eat (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Tell This Guy To Stop Eating In My House? by profhenrii(m): 2:18pm On Mar 23, 2019
leonard002:
Being too nice, doesn't quite help.

Here read this. Contact me for a copy

Please I need a copy
Re: How Do I Tell This Guy To Stop Eating In My House? by olaefosa: 2:20pm On Mar 23, 2019
he is one of your viĺlage people sent to monitor your food. Don't worry his mission will soon be complete after you start begging for money and food.
You better MAN UP and discharge the hungry opportunist.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell This Guy To Stop Eating In My House? by Born2smile: 2:24pm On Mar 23, 2019
LiveByNight:
Simple

call him early in the morning on the phone, and ask him to.lend you 10k that it's for an emergency, trust me he will say he doesn't have , then immediately ask him how much he has if 10k is too much , he will repeat again he doesn't have now say guy please this is life and death can I at least get 5k, don't wait for him to answer tell him you need it in two days time , he will say he isn't promising but let him see what he can do.

He will start avoiding you

See no need for all this lying tactics. The way you relate with people that is how they will relate with you.

OP has a choice here.

Does he want to continue feeding the "friend" while the guy uses his money to buy wristwatch and other stuff or

Will the OP be plain and open and tell the parasite he cannot afford to continue feeding him from his meager income?

It is better to be open. That way people understand that you cannot take sh!t

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell This Guy To Stop Eating In My House? by tunary(m): 2:35pm On Mar 23, 2019
ojun50:
Since u can't open yr mouth to say no food continue feeding him till you have the courage
You are too much cheesy
ojun50:
Since u can't open yr mouth to say no food continue feeding him till you have the courage
You are too much
Re: How Do I Tell This Guy To Stop Eating In My House? by Nobody: 2:37pm On Mar 23, 2019
Tony142:

Lol, u are smart , is like I go borrow ur brain take write exams next week oo cheesy
Funny you.
Re: How Do I Tell This Guy To Stop Eating In My House? by Nobody: 2:40pm On Mar 23, 2019
Born2smile:

See no need for all this lying tactics. The way you relate with people that is how they will relate with you.

OP has a choice here.

Does he want to continue feeding the "friend" while the guy uses his money to buy wristwatch and other stuff or

Will the OP be plain and open and tell the parasite he cannot afford to continue feeding him from his meager income?

It is better to be open. That way people understand that you cannot take sh!t
There are some people that can't understand such o. Telling them no means nothing to them. They are self centered and unreasonable. They don't decode body languages. So it's best to play a fast one on them to send a message across. Besides if the guy comes through, then u know he's a good friend.

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell This Guy To Stop Eating In My House? by samsam2019: 2:54pm On Mar 23, 2019
mrpoul:
There is this guy I once went for him to tutor me in one particular course, in that process I discovered that he has not eaten, so I gave him some money to buy food, another day he came to my house complaining he was hungry, I gave him my food to eat.

There was one weekend, he told me that he did not have money and he was expecting money the next week, throughout that weekend he ate in my side promising that when his parent sent money, he will repay but when the money came he used it to buy watch and some other irrelevant things. He didn't repay which affected me badly because of the money my struggling parent use to sent to me which is always small #10000 every three weeks.

Ever since then anytime he sees me in school and when he comes to my house he will ask if I have cook? Which I don't know how to tell him no.
send his number to me. I'll text him that he should never come near you for anything again

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell This Guy To Stop Eating In My House? by Born2smile: 3:00pm On Mar 23, 2019
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
There are some people that can't understand such o. Telling them no means nothing to them. They are self centered and unreasonable. They don't decode body languages. So it's best to play a fast one on them to send a message across. Besides if the guy comes through, then u know he's a good friend.

Well for me, I believe in being plain, open and willing to have that difficult conversation.

If I were the OP, I would call the guy one day, sit him down and tell him that I cannot continue to feed him and I will also tell him the reason why.
He receives money from his parents like I do but he spends it on nonessential things. I have to manage the little I am getting from my sponsors and cannot continue to feed him............................ Shikena!

If he understands and stops coming to my house, fine. If he doesn't want to understand, at least, he will not be surprised if I don't give him food next time.

For me, I choose my friends carefully. I will not continue with a leech who likes being a parasite to others. Either he change or I change him.

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell This Guy To Stop Eating In My House? by YOUNGEBEN91(m): 3:01pm On Mar 23, 2019
echibuogwu:
guy just advice him and leave. Nobody told u to start telling us ur family problems. If u no Dey ok with the 5k den go and hustle.

I am not complaining here, boy!
All I am trying to say is that he shouldn't think the 10k is too small rather he should appreciate his parents as there are other students surviving less than that.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell This Guy To Stop Eating In My House? by tunary(m): 3:01pm On Mar 23, 2019
mrpoul:
There is this guy I once went for him to tutor me in one particular course, in that process I discovered that he has not eaten, so I gave him some money to buy food, another day he came to my house complaining he was hungry, I gave him my food to eat.

There was one weekend, he told me that he did not have money and he was expecting money the next week, throughout that weekend he ate in my side promising that when his parent sent money, he will repay but when the money came he used it to buy watch and some other irrelevant things. He didn't repay which affected me badly because of the money my struggling parent use to sent to me which is always small #10000 every three weeks.

Ever since then anytime he sees me in school and when he comes to my house he will ask if I have cook? Which I don't know how to tell him no.
This guy you are acting like an adjebutter

Is your father a governor?

Because of the little help he rendered that's y he want to take advantage of your food

you know he's not serious because he would have paid you the money he owed you instead he buys irrelevant things.

Try to be a little stingy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Tell This Guy To Stop Eating In My House? by nattty(m): 3:03pm On Mar 23, 2019
Flight90:
grin @op...learn to turn off your humanity(feelings) ... I recommend you go and watch Vampire diaries in other to learn how to completely turn off your humanity. Thank me later cool
U get problem I swear grin grin

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell This Guy To Stop Eating In My House? by Tellemall: 3:17pm On Mar 23, 2019
edebemba:

Anyone telling you to pursue or to stop giving him food is deceiving you. Please, if God gives you the opportunity to feed him, go ahead and feed him. You never can tell how tomorrow may be. He may be in a position to help you tomorrow. Gcd works in mysterious ways that we hardly understand.

You're just saying this.

How many people have testified of people helping them and then they repay them one day with something good and help them for old times sake?

Most times people who go looking to eat other people's lunch are selfish opportunists. They don't need it and they can work for it or endure it. For instance, while begging for food the guy is buying himself things. Meaning he's using the OP.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell This Guy To Stop Eating In My House? by AhlexOfficial(m): 3:20pm On Mar 23, 2019
Offpoint1

Zero eight one zero two zero four seven eight five four

Add up on whatsapp... U Grab.
Re: How Do I Tell This Guy To Stop Eating In My House? by midnighter(f): 3:22pm On Mar 23, 2019
The turning point in this story is that when he was able, he didnt pay back your money. That one was concrete enough for you to confront him because people like this tend to be very manipulative and they make you feel that you are just crying over nothing

You just have to tell him the truth, though it may be hard. And that truth is that you dont like his behaviour and he should leave you and your food alone

Sorry, i know you may not be used to confrontation but if you do this one, it will be easier for you the next time

I had this problem when someone kept visiting me to use up my make-up and hair products instead of budgeting money to buy her own. After a while I just lost my temper and she didnt try it again

If I run out of products before my next money comes and start moving about looking untidy and tattered, is it the lady or me who will collect the insult?

If you faint in your class or fail your paper now due to lack of food, whose fault is it?

Your parents didnt give birth to you, watch you grow, suffer to send you to school all so you could end up as his slave abeg

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell This Guy To Stop Eating In My House? by Jrevelation(m): 3:22pm On Mar 23, 2019
anytime or anywhere u see d guy keep asking him for money or food ....
Task him die

Like my guy i fit see 500h eat for ur hand i dey hungry and i no get money like that he will understand u no get again
Dont let him come to ur house again

Tell him u re at one of ur friend house

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell This Guy To Stop Eating In My House? by princekins(m): 3:25pm On Mar 23, 2019
Inform your babe, or get any girl in ur dept/hostel to pose as ur babe...whenever he comes just inform the babe she will use bad mouth and finish him. Second option is to use drugs to stimulate serious dysentery. After like two times of such he won’t come again
Re: How Do I Tell This Guy To Stop Eating In My House? by shogsman(m): 3:34pm On Mar 23, 2019
Call the guy and tell him you want His advice on something,then copy what you wrote here and spell it out for him,he'll definitely get the vibe.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell This Guy To Stop Eating In My House? by Customer80: 4:05pm On Mar 23, 2019
Offpoint1:
Food is the least thing I'll ever deny anyone. Like my grandfather always said to me "Offpoint no matter how full you are, you'll still be hungry in 5 hours time, so give that food to your brother"

I don't think there's any reasonable human being that will come to your house everyday just to eat, His conscience will not allow that.
Guy this one is different, he sees him as a timid guy and is taking advantage of him. The cook isnt exposed .

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell This Guy To Stop Eating In My House? by Rollitout: 4:27pm On Mar 23, 2019
mrpoul:

Show him the head of the yam, no need to talk
Re: How Do I Tell This Guy To Stop Eating In My House? by DRPAIT123(m): 4:34pm On Mar 23, 2019
Flight90:
grin @op...learn to turn off your humanity(feelings) ... I recommend you go and watch Vampire diaries in other to learn how to completely turn off your humanity. Thank me later cool
whooo! My current series, love it so much
Which season are you mate?

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell This Guy To Stop Eating In My House? by eaglejay13(m): 4:35pm On Mar 23, 2019
Offpoint1:
Food is the least thing I'll ever deny anyone. Like my grandfather always said to me "Offpoint no matter how full you are, you'll still be hungry in 5 hours time, so give that food to your brother"

I don't think there's any reasonable human being that will come to your house everyday just to eat, His conscience will not allow that.

You mean your grandfather used to call you offpoint?
grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell This Guy To Stop Eating In My House? by showafrica(m): 4:36pm On Mar 23, 2019
mrpoul:

If u Wan cook buy food stuffs keep then cook it mid night.
Re: How Do I Tell This Guy To Stop Eating In My House? by Offpoint1: 4:39pm On Mar 23, 2019
eaglejay13:

You mean your grandfather used to call you offpoint? grin grin grin
grin e don tey nobi today yansh dey back... if you grab
Re: How Do I Tell This Guy To Stop Eating In My House? by Kaybaba5(m): 4:58pm On Mar 23, 2019
mrpoul:

I have try this, the guy is just too insensitive
What u need is courage

Tell him no food and be serious about it. He wont come again
Re: How Do I Tell This Guy To Stop Eating In My House? by Orlandihno(m): 5:09pm On Mar 23, 2019
Offpoint1:

Mahn I gotta tell ya they are some who doesn't have any
conscience, they believe becos u have enough that's u keep on giving them!! In their mindset that u're "a fooool" they'll keep on feast on u.
Re: How Do I Tell This Guy To Stop Eating In My House? by Orlandihno(m): 5:40pm On Mar 23, 2019
I still recalled when I was still staying in face me I face u, I remembered this pretty young lady.... broda plz I fit borrow ur matches, I mean everyday by day each time I'm back from work, whenever she comes fr it she'll start with a play, at the end....broda plz I fit borrow ur matches, it was kinda funny though. And this guy also, I mean every weekend he must come fr my Iron, "bros I fit borrow ur iron" b4 I used it I must go and knock on his door and get it back, till the iron got spoiled and I had to repair it with deep anger, after repairing that was when senses came into my oblongata, when he returns over the wkend fr it again, I turned him down with immediate effects. When he saw me using it he was surprised, exclaiming "bros u dey vex o" Ever since then he didn't knock on my door again fr it. The lesson is that "don't let anyone use ur kindness for a Fool"

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell This Guy To Stop Eating In My House? by Itzneowizy(m): 6:03pm On Mar 23, 2019
ojun50:
1051 likes!!! shocked shocked......PROFOUND TRUTH.....He should keep on feeding the guy....when his low self esteem grows and he develops more courage... Ein go get sense

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell This Guy To Stop Eating In My House? by leonard002(m): 7:49pm On Mar 23, 2019
profhenrii:

Please I need a copy
chat me up
Re: How Do I Tell This Guy To Stop Eating In My House? by leonard002(m): 7:49pm On Mar 23, 2019
Tony142:

Pls I need it sir, omoanthony98@gmail.com
sure chat me up
Re: How Do I Tell This Guy To Stop Eating In My House? by OgaBuhari: 2:11am On Mar 24, 2019
QuickStandard:

You call the bolded small in 3weeks?

My monthly allowance all through my 5yrs stay in UNIBEN was #6,000.

My brother, just thank God for what your parents are able to provide you.

As for your friend, it's difficult, because even me, I don't know how to say no, when asked.

Maybe just tell him you don't have next time he asks
mine is 7k same Uniben, how did u manage?
Re: How Do I Tell This Guy To Stop Eating In My House? by tpalan(m): 12:21pm On Mar 24, 2019
Flight90:

grin grin grin
Re: How Do I Tell This Guy To Stop Eating In My House? by edebemba(m): 7:09pm On Mar 24, 2019
Tellemall:

You're just saying this.

How many people have testified of people helping them and then they repay them one day with something good and help them for old times sake?

Most times people who go looking to eat other people's lunch are selfish opportunists. They don't need it and they can work for it or endure it. For instance, while begging for food the guy is buying himself things. Meaning he's using the OP.
Because the young man goes to his friend's house to eat and buys things for himself does not in anyway mean that he has money. He may be an indigent student struggling to survive.
It may interest you to know that our schools are full of indigent students who struggle and strive to save whatever little money they get in order to buy what they need. The one who cooks food claims that he receives #10,000 every 3 weeks. That's big cash to a student and it shows that his parents are comfortable. But there are students who hardly see #10,000 in 2 months.
However, my opinion here is that the OP should investigate to see if his friend is indigent. If yes, let him go ahead and assist him with food, not minding what he buys.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Chef Tope Maggie Set To Gun For Guinness World Record By Cooking For 140hours / What To Do When You Suspect Your Drink Has Been Spiked / How I Cooked My Coconut Fried Rice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.