Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,851 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:11 PM

Mini Impotation- Do it Yourself - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Mini Impotation- Do it Yourself (1075 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mini Impotation- Do it Yourself by Nairasurplus(m): 9:56pm On Mar 21, 2019
Dear Nairalanders, Scroll down for

Lecture 1 and
Lecture 2
Scroll down.

I have come to realise that we graduates left businesses to the class of people who did not have opportunity for education. Until I joined Building Materials trading, I never knew that prices of commodities/materials/items are fixed by importers who imported the goods. These importers are with less knowledge of what they imported until they have empirical feelings/physical inspection of their goods.
What do I mean here?
They lack what it takes to know about the goods before importation like- indept interpretation of details of the goods eg specifications, dimensions like unit of measurements ( cm,m,kg etc ) scientific parameters ( thickness, strength of materials, properties of materials etc ). But when they see the goods, they will be able to tell apart the original from the less original.
Some of us here knows little about importation but I will teach how to calculate shipment cost from China ( Guangzhou or Yiwu or Shenzen ) to Onitsha or Lagos. I am not talking about air freight or air express freight. I am talking about sea/ocean freight from China to Lagos or Onitsha. This is very very cheap. For those of us whose goods are delivered through air freight or air cargo or air express, I pity you because your profit will be knocked off by your air freight cost. Think of it, assuming you want to import goods ( eg wire ) that weighs
4kg per roll of 500meters,
17kg per carton (ie 4 rolls in a carton + the weight of the carton ) and the item is sold N5,000/roll in Nigeria, how then will you make profit when you are charged $10/kg + N400/kg for customs clearance when you ship through air or Cargo that collects $5/kg + N400kg for customs Clearance. Your profit is gone already. Exchange rate is N360/USD.

Sit down and learn how to calculate sea freight shipments so that you can integrate the shipping cost into the cost of goods to know if you will make profit when compared to the prices of the same goods in our local markets. I noticed most of us import only phone and its accessories.
Sit and learn

2 Likes

Re: Mini Impotation- Do it Yourself by greatnaija01: 10:02pm On Mar 21, 2019
wow... so much information BUT the sad truth is PEOPLE WHO IMPORT do not take initiative to bring in NEW INVENTIONS.

If the product is rare... it would be ridiculously cheap because the market is yet to accept it.... Once that is settled, then ensure it solves a major problem and plus importation charges and shipping....logistics... YOU WOULD STILL BE ABLE TO SELL FOR OVER 300%.

IT IS WISE TO IMPORT THINGS THAT ARE HUGE PROBLEM SOLVERS THAT ARE VERY CHEAP.
Re: Mini Impotation- Do it Yourself by Mariangeles(f): 10:09pm On Mar 21, 2019
Nairasurplus:
Dear colleagues,
I have come to realise that we graduates left businesses to the class of people who did not have opportunity for education. Until I joined Building Materials trading, I never knew that prices of commodities/materials/items are fixed by importers who imported the goods. These importers are with less knowledge of what they imported until they have empirical feelings/physical inspection of their goods.
What do I mean here?
They lack what it takes to know about the goods before importation like- indept interpretation of details of the goods eg specifications, dimensions like unit of measurements ( cm,m,kg etc ) scientific parameters ( thickness, strength of materials, properties of materials etc ). But when they see the goods, they will be able to tell apart the original from the less original.
Some of us here knows little about importation but I will teach how to calculate shipment cost from China ( Guangzhou or Yiwu or Shenzen ) to Onitsha or Lagos. I am not talking about air freight or air express freight. I am talking about sea/ocean freight from China to Lagos or Onitsha. This is very very cheap. For those of us whose goods are delivered through air freight or air cargo or air express, I pity you because your profit will be knocked off by your air freight cost. Think of it, assuming you want to import goods ( eg wire ) that weighs
17kg per carton (ie 4 rolls in a carton + the weight of the carton ) and the item is sold N5,000/roll in Nigeria, how then will you make profit when you are charged $10/kg + N400/kg for customs clearance when you ship through air or Cargo that collects $5/kg + N400kg for customs Clearance. Your profit is gone already. Exchange rate is N360/USD.

Sit down and learn how to calculate sea freight shipments so that you can integrate the shipping cost into the cost of goods to know if you will make profit when compared to the prices of the same goods in our local markets. I noticed most of us import only phone and its accessories.
Sit and learn
How did you come to that conclusion?? @the bolded

Those importers will shock you , na there you go know say no be by going to school... If you don't know it, you don't know it !

1 Like

Re: Mini Impotation- Do it Yourself by Nairasurplus(m): 10:16pm On Mar 21, 2019
greatnaija01:
wow... so much information BUT the sad truth is PEOPLE WHO IMPORT do not take initiative to bring in NEW INVENTIONS.

If the product is rare... it would be ridiculously cheap because the market is yet to accept it.... Once that is settled, then ensure it solves a major problem and plus importation charges and shipping....logistics... YOU WOULD STILL BE ABLE TO SELL FOR OVER 300%.

IT IS WISE TO IMPORT THINGS THAT ARE HUGE PROBLEM SOLVERS THAT ARE VERY CHEAP.
My guy, let's keep aside problem solving. The theory is simple. We are out to make money. If you know what other people are doing/selling to make money, just do the same. In Onitsha, we have Buildings Material, Old motor spare parts a.k.a Mgbuka, Drug market a.k.a Ogbo ogwu, Ogbo efere ie kitchen wares, electronics and the Almighty Onitsha main market. We have many wealthy men. Just sell what they sell and you will make it. All of them are importers and they will never teach you importation. There are many items you can import and sell. It all depends on your interest. For me, I import buildings materials - door locks, padlocks, door hinges, Staple and door bolts. I will teach you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mini Impotation- Do it Yourself by Nairasurplus(m): 10:20pm On Mar 21, 2019
Mariangeles:
How did you come to that conclusion?? @the bolded

Those importers will shock you , na there you go know say no be by going to school... If you don't know it, you don't know it !
My brother,
Ask them the length and width of their goods, they will answer you 50 and 25. Ask them the unit of measurement, they will be looking at you. Ask them whether it is in cm or meter or feet or kg, they don't know. All they know is 50 and 25.

1 Like

Re: Mini Impotation- Do it Yourself by Mariangeles(f): 10:28pm On Mar 21, 2019
Nairasurplus:

My brother,
Ask them the length and width of their goods, they will answer you 50 and 25. Ask them the unit of measurement, they will be looking at you. Ask them whether it is in cm or meter or feet or kg, they don't know. All they know is 50 and 25.
Go and say that to one of the tiles importers in Odun Ade market and see how a dirty slap will land you in coma angry

What insult...?? angry
Re: Mini Impotation- Do it Yourself by Nairasurplus(m): 10:35pm On Mar 21, 2019
Mariangeles:
Go and say that to one of the tiles importers in Odun Ade market and see how a dirty slap will land you in coma angry

What insult...?? angry
Please Sir,
I need maturity in this trade. I need your cooperation not your attack please. Some of us have worked with banks but because of uncertainties of life, we found ourselves in buying and selling. We are still mature and gentle in out dealings. Please no teen attitude please.
Regards

2 Likes

Re: Mini Impotation- Do it Yourself by Mariangeles(f): 10:42pm On Mar 21, 2019
Nairasurplus:

Please Sir,
I need maturity in this trade. I need your cooperation not your attack please. Some of us have worked with banks but because of uncertainties of life, we found ourselves in buying and selling. We are still mature and gentle in out dealings. Please no teen attitude please.
Regards
Did you show maturity??

Just because most of them didn't study in the university does not mean they don't know much about their business...

Whoever told you that gave you a wrong information .
You can be with them for years and years and yet you might never know how they deal in their business unless they reveal to you .

You better respect them.
Re: Mini Impotation- Do it Yourself by Nairasurplus(m): 10:46pm On Mar 21, 2019
Mariangeles:
Did you show maturity??

Just because most of them didn't study in the university does not mean they don't know much about their business...

Whoever told you that gave you a wrong information .
You can be with them for years and years and yet you might never know how they deal in their business unless they reveal to you .

You better respect them.
You are right.
Re: Mini Impotation- Do it Yourself by Nairasurplus(m): 10:47pm On Mar 21, 2019
Ok

Re: Mini Impotation- Do it Yourself by Ub4sure: 5:44am On Mar 22, 2019
Wow!. I have been importing from AliExpress for some time now but I didn't know how to do these calculations. But now I know. Thanks a million.

1 Like

Re: Mini Impotation- Do it Yourself by Nairasurplus(m): 6:06am On Mar 22, 2019
For your importation guide, you can invite me for a lecture in your churches, group meetings, clubs etc or you come down to building material market Onitsha for one on one lectures. I have a thousand and one shipping companies and their address ( both in Guangzhou and Nigeria ) that can deliver your goods to Lagos or Onitsha without hitches. When you get their addresses, you go and meet them one on one.

1 Like

Re: Mini Impotation- Do it Yourself by Nairasurplus(m): 8:43am On Mar 22, 2019
Ok
Re: Mini Impotation- Do it Yourself by Nairasurplus(m): 5:31pm On Mar 23, 2019
Ok
Re: Mini Impotation- Do it Yourself by Nairasurplus(m): 1:17pm On Apr 02, 2019
Ok
Re: Mini Impotation- Do it Yourself by cooldipo(m): 5:38am On Jan 04, 2020
Thanks for sharing!
Re: Mini Impotation- Do it Yourself by AlphaCEO: 10:59pm On Aug 02, 2021
Nairasurplus:
Dear Nairalanders, Scroll down for

Lecture 1 and
Lecture 2
Scroll down.

What do I mean here?

Sit and learn

(1) (Reply)

N1.5 Million Just Like That? UBA Wise Savers Promo / MSB Consult- Advice For Micro/Small Startups And Businesses / Make #100,000 To #500,000 Monthly As A Kedi Healthcare Business Partner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.