Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,754 members, 7,827,782 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:57 PM

2019 Tony Elumelu Entrepreneurship Programme Was Rigged - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 2019 Tony Elumelu Entrepreneurship Programme Was Rigged (1850 Views)

Tony Elumelu Foundation 2021 Entrepreneurship Programme Application Opens / Sahara Talent & Entrepreneurship Programme (STEP 2019) / Girl Holding Placard Begs Otedola, Tony Elumelu, Linda Ikeji To Help Her Father (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2019 Tony Elumelu Entrepreneurship Programme Was Rigged by Nobody: 7:27pm On Mar 22, 2019
I applied for the following in the 2019 TEF entrepreneurship programme;
1. Apprentice Training Centre (ATC)
2. National Beggars Association (NBA)
3. Diamond Real Estate Agency (DREA)

Please please and please. Mr. Tony Elumelu is a good man, and he means well. Infact I cannot speak evil of someone like him. Mr. Tony Elumelu is as kind and generous as Santa Claus. But the truth is that I am flabbergasted & flabberwhelmed that I was not selected for 2019 TEF entrepreneurship programme. My Apprentice Training Centre (ATC) was supposed to be an institution that trains people, who want to learn any trade like; fashion design, phone repairs, generator repairs, barbing. There are currently no such institutions in Nigeria, that does this. And road side trainers, are not always able to impart knowledge to their apprentices. While National Beggars Association (NBA) was supposed to be an institution that gives out interest free loans without collateral, to those in need of financial assistance. This would have helped to reduce crime in the country. There is also no institution in Nigeria that does this. answered all the questions about "the seven pillars of Tony Elumelu Fundation". I know that all TEF entrepreneurs are one family; the past TEF alumni, those selected and those not selected. But the truth is this all the entrepreneurs that they chose for 2019 programme, how many of them are going to create Apprentice Training Centres (like my ATC)? And how many of them will create charity foundations for the poor and needy (like my NBA)? After they have received their seed capital, that is the last you hear of them. They will not be making waves i.e creating any jobs. That is what most of them have been doing

Re: 2019 Tony Elumelu Entrepreneurship Programme Was Rigged by efficiencie(m): 7:51pm On Mar 22, 2019
National Beggars Association shocked shocked shocked seriously!!!

1 Like

Re: 2019 Tony Elumelu Entrepreneurship Programme Was Rigged by Frezhkid10(m): 7:54pm On Mar 22, 2019
efficiencie:
National Beggars Association shocked shocked shocked seriously!!!
...the thing surprise me tooo oooo grin

2 Likes

Re: 2019 Tony Elumelu Entrepreneurship Programme Was Rigged by Mustay(m): 12:01am On Mar 23, 2019
If you don't hear from a company after an interview, don't go there unannounced demanding to be answered. It will backfire.

2 Likes

Re: 2019 Tony Elumelu Entrepreneurship Programme Was Rigged by lunacol(m): 2:07am On Mar 23, 2019
Please move on.That you were not selected does not mean it was rigged. Try next year.Kudos to Tony Elumelu, he has a good heart for empowering African youths in there thousands yearly. I wish others could follow his footsteps.

1 Like

Re: 2019 Tony Elumelu Entrepreneurship Programme Was Rigged by cardiorap: 4:11pm On Mar 24, 2019
You're funny with your assertions.

I want to believe that this is from an aggrieved fellow, hence, it lacks all forms of objectivity.

I wouldn't want to go down to point out so many things to you, but just know that you got it wrong from the beginning. This is it;

Firstly, TEF warns seriously against submitting more than one application. They always point it out that those who submit more than one application, in one way or the other would always be found out and disqualified. So you alone submitting more than one application is wrong and as such you're worthy of disqualification.

Secondly, TEF targets businesses that are profit-oriented.

Some of the parameters, according to the foundation, used for selecting shortlisted applicants include;

1. Feasibility
2. Market Opportunity
3. Scalability
4. Leadership Skill
5. Viability of the idea.

So instead of badmouthing a swift process and organization, go back to the drawing board and make adjustments, prepare for next year too.

5 Likes

Re: 2019 Tony Elumelu Entrepreneurship Programme Was Rigged by PrettyEneawan(f): 4:43pm On Mar 24, 2019
National Beggars Association Hmmmmmmm

1 Like

Re: 2019 Tony Elumelu Entrepreneurship Programme Was Rigged by Nobody: 12:12am On Mar 27, 2019
cardiorap:
You're funny with your assertions.

I want to believe that this is from an aggrieved fellow, hence, it lacks all forms of objectivity.

I wouldn't want to go down to point out so many things to you, but just know that you got it wrong from the beginning. This is it;

Firstly, TEF warns seriously against submitting more than one application. They always point it out that those who submit more than one application, in one way or the other would always be found out and disqualified. So you alone submitting more than one application is wrong and as such you're worthy of disqualification.

Secondly, TEF targets businesses that are profit-oriented.

Some of the parameters, according to the foundation, used for selecting shortlisted applicants include;

1. Feasibility
2. Market Opportunity
3. Scalability
4. Leadership Skill
5. Viability of the idea.

So instead of badmouthing a swift process and organization, go back to the drawing board and make adjustments, prepare for next year too.
I submitted only one application. I also read the rules before playing (i.e before applying). Let us call a spade a spade!! We have seen those nollywood movies where a godfather somewhere, will have his own special candidates. That must be given vacancies in this type of thing
Re: 2019 Tony Elumelu Entrepreneurship Programme Was Rigged by cardiorap: 3:26pm On Mar 31, 2019
Questionnaire72:

I submitted only one application. I also read the rules before playing (i.e before applying). Let us call a spade a spade!! We have seen those nollywood movies where a godfather somewhere, will have his own special candidates. That must be given vacancies in this type of thing

You still don't sound like someone who read all the rules like you claim. You're here talking of Nollywood, when it's reality dawning.

Believe whatever you want, it's your opinion. Personally, I was selected. I didn't know any godfather, I only played by the rules of the foundation; did a nice presentation of my business and prayed to God the Father.

I encourage you not to bad-mouth a scheme like TEF. Rather, buckle up, do your checks and balances, and have a bigger and better comeback next year.

Cheers!

2 Likes

Re: 2019 Tony Elumelu Entrepreneurship Programme Was Rigged by PatrickOkunima(m): 3:37pm On Mar 31, 2019
Questionnaire72:
I applied for the following in the 2019 TEF entrepreneurship programme;
1. Apprentice Training Centre (ATC)
2. National Beggars Association (NBA)
3. Diamond Real Estate Agency (DREA)

Please please and please. Mr. Tony Elumelu is a good man, and he means well. Infact I cannot speak evil of someone like him. Mr. Tony Elumelu is as kind and generous as Santa Claus. But the truth is that I am flabbergasted & flabberwhelmed that I was not selected for 2019 TEF entrepreneurship programme. My Apprentice Training Centre (ATC) was supposed to be an institution that trains people, who want to learn any trade like; fashion design, phone repairs, generator repairs, barbing. There are currently no such institutions in Nigeria, that does this. And road side trainers, are not always able to impart knowledge to their apprentices. While National Beggars Association (NBA) was supposed to be an institution that gives out interest free loans without collateral, to those in need of financial assistance. This would have helped to reduce crime in the country. There is also no institution in Nigeria that does this. answered all the questions about "the seven pillars of Tony Elumelu Fundation". I know that all TEF entrepreneurs are one family; the past TEF alumni, those selected and those not selected. But the truth is this all the entrepreneurs that they chose for 2019 programme, how many of them are going to create Apprentice Training Centres (like my ATC)? And how many of them will create charity foundations for the poor and needy (like my NBA)? After they have received their seed capital, that is the last you hear of them. They will not be making waves i.e creating any jobs. That is what most of them have been doing

It's not rigged, but also does not depend of the viability of your idea or the impact it'll make on the society. Getting shortlisted for the TEF programme is sheer luck. All those grammar wey Accenture dey blow on how candidates were shortlisted is all lies or half truth at best. It's random selection.

1 Like

Re: 2019 Tony Elumelu Entrepreneurship Programme Was Rigged by Nobody: 9:45pm On Mar 31, 2019
Thanks for all comments and replies; guys. I have always been suspicious of this "TEF foundation" in quote. You know why? I would tell you why right now;
1. TEF foundation received 216, 000+ applications this year. My guy tell me how many people are in their selection committee. That they would have the time to specially look into each application one by one. TEF moderators are no computers. They are humans remember and can get tired or frustrated
2. Each application contains an average of 3, 000+ words (not letters). Those that applied this year, know what I am saying. Things can get confusing (and messy) when deciding who not to eliminate and who not to select. When you have two different applicants with slightly similar ideas

FIRSTLY LET ME BEGIN BY SAYING THE FOLLOWING. NIGERIANS LIKE TO DO THINGS FOR THE SAKE OF DOING THEM. WITHOUT KNOWING THE REAL PURPOSE BEHIND IT. A FRIEND MIGHT SAY HE WANTS TO ADVICE YOU THEN HE WILL START CRITICIZING AND INSULTING YOU. ALL IN THE NAME OF ADVICE. SUCH AN ADVICE IS NO ADVICE. IT WILL PASS THROUGH ONE EAR AND GO THROUGH THE OTHER

If I ever had an opportunity to meet Tony Elumelu I will ask him the following;
"Good morning sir. Mr Tony Elumelu is your foundation living up to expectations? Mr Tony Elumelu you say the aim of your foundation is to "grow africa's economy". And to my understanding to possibly eradicate poverty and unemployment in africa. Mr Tony Elumelu sir if that is the case how many thousands of jobs have your past alumni suceeded in creating? Or have you simply succeeded in turning the TEF entrepreneurship programme into a ceremonial way of giving out money just like Santa Claus simply for the sake of doing so? Without bothering to tackle the problem of unemployment?"
Re: 2019 Tony Elumelu Entrepreneurship Programme Was Rigged by Davepal: 6:09am On Apr 01, 2019
With all due respect. You have no moral obligation to question TEF.....There are many thing you don't know about this initiative and I would advise you to acquire more knowledge before you raise further dust. From your post you lack knowledge, and understanding of how TEF administrative works.

Most of the TEF beneficiary are being monitored base on the milestone inputted during application, and there are follow-up supervising on their number of employees, monthly sales, profit, business growth etc....the selection, are conducted by foreign institution that base in UK.

The selections are in phases.....and all I have to tell you is to come up with another outstanding innovative business ideas next time, and stay away from unnecessary assumption, and NEVER ASSUME THAT YOU ONLY ONE THAT HAVE EVER APPLY WITH SUCH BUSINESS IDEAS.

Search the Google and you will discover that thousands of persons are already in that your line of business.

Questionnaire72:
Thanks for all comments and replies; guys. I have always been suspicious of this "TEF foundation" in quote. You know why? I would tell you why right now;
1. TEF foundation received 216, 000+ applications this year. My guy tell me how many people are in their selection committee. That they would have the time to specially look into each application one by one. TEF moderators are no computers. They are humans remember and can get tired or frustrated
2. Each application contains an average of 3, 000+ words (not letters). Those that applied this year, know what I am saying. Things can get confusing (and messy) when deciding who not to eliminate and who not to select. When you have two different applicants with slightly similar ideas

FIRSTLY LET ME BEGIN BY SAYING THE FOLLOWING. NIGERIANS LIKE TO DO THINGS FOR THE SAKE OF DOING THEM. WITHOUT KNOWING THE REAL PURPOSE BEHIND IT. A FRIEND MIGHT SAY HE WANTS TO ADVICE YOU THEN HE WILL START CRITICIZING AND INSULTING YOU. ALL IN THE NAME OF ADVICE. SUCH AN ADVICE IS NO ADVICE. IT WILL PASS THROUGH ONE EAR AND GO THROUGH THE OTHER

"Good morning sir. Mr Tony Elumelu is your foundation living up to expectations? Mr Tony Elumelu you say the aim of your foundation is to "grow africa's economy". And to my understanding to possibly eradicate poverty and unemployment in africa. Mr Tony Elumelu sir if that is the case how many thousands of jobs have your past alumni suceeded in creating? Or have you simply succeeded in turning the TEF entrepreneurship programme into a ceremonial way of giving out money just like Santa Claus simply for the sake of doing so? Without bothering to tackle the problem of unemployment?"

3 Likes

Re: 2019 Tony Elumelu Entrepreneurship Programme Was Rigged by cardiorap: 7:56am On Apr 02, 2019
Questionnaire72:

You are still speaking so much grammar; grammar you don't comprehend.

Apart from how the internal structure of TEF operates, you still lag behind in terms of basic knowledge of TEF, at least, for a "supposed" applicant.

You're questioning the ability to scrutinize 216K+ applications? Common! Are you for real? At this age and time? Maybe you should equally question how Jamb manages database of over 1.5m candidates, or how a recruiter manages applications. Common sense should tell you that there are softwares that aid in several things. Moreover, TEF screening is stage by stage.

You are just pained, but if I were you, I wouldn't handle it this way. The time you spend crying fowl, you would have spent it improving your idea(s) and work towards TEF2020. A lot of other unsuccessful applicants are back to their drawing board, some have sought for the applications of those that were selected, so as to study and compare and you're here wallowing in grief on Nairaland.

For the uptempth time, cheer up! Encourage yourself, work on your application again, try to check where you got it wrong and improve on it, while anticipating next year. If you don't mind, I'd be willing to give you every guide or information I at least know I can.

Cheers!

1 Like

Re: 2019 Tony Elumelu Entrepreneurship Programme Was Rigged by Nobody: 1:05pm On Apr 06, 2019
cardiorap:

You are still speaking so much grammar; grammar you don't comprehend.

Apart from how the internal structure of TEF operates, you still lag behind in terms of basic knowledge of TEF, at least, for a "supposed" applicant.

You're questioning the ability to scrutinize 216K+ applications? Common! Are you for real? At this age and time? Maybe you should equally question how Jamb manages database of over 1.5m candidates, or how a recruiter manages applications. Common sense should tell you that there are softwares that aid in several things. Moreover, TEF screening is stage by stage.

You are just pained, but if I were you, I wouldn't handle it this way. The time you spend crying fowl, you would have spent it improving your idea(s) and work towards TEF2020. A lot of other unsuccessful applicants are back to their drawing board, some have sought for the applications of those that were selected, so as to study and compare and you're here wallowing in grief on Nairaland.

For the uptempth time, cheer up! Encourage yourself, work on your application again, try to check where you got it wrong and improve on it, while anticipating next year. If you don't mind, I'd be willing to give you every guide or information I at least know I can.

Cheers!
Sorry to say, but you guys don't have the fear of God on Nairaland. The fact that our planet earth is the only functional and fully developed planet in the solar system, shows you Genesis 1:1-31 is for real. I was going to turn a blind eye, to some of the things I have been reading since. But this last comment was my elastic limit, as my patience has been growing thinner and thinner

Re: 2019 Tony Elumelu Entrepreneurship Programme Was Rigged by Crane1: 9:22pm On Apr 06, 2019
I have sent you an email. Please can you respond... I am planning to apply fro TEaf 2020, and I will need your input to guide my biz plan.

Please do respond.

Thanks.

cardiorap:

You still don't sound like someone who read all the rules like you claim. You're here talking of Nollywood, when it's reality dawning.

Believe whatever you want, it's your opinion. Personally, I was selected. I didn't know any godfather, I only played by the rules of the foundation; did a nice presentation of my business and prayed to God the Father.

I encourage you not to bad-mouth a scheme like TEF. Rather, buckle up, do your checks and balances, and have a bigger and better comeback next year.

Cheers!

1 Like

Re: 2019 Tony Elumelu Entrepreneurship Programme Was Rigged by cardiorap: 10:06am On Apr 07, 2019
I have seen and responded to your mail bro!

Crane1:
I have sent you an email. Please can you respond... I am planning to apply fro TEaf 2020, and I will need your input to guide my biz plan.

Please do respond.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: 2019 Tony Elumelu Entrepreneurship Programme Was Rigged by cardiorap: 10:50am On Nov 05, 2019
Hello guys, it took me quite some time to find this thread. Thank God I found it.

So I have created a Telegram group with intention to guide interested applicants for TEF 2020.

I'm not a Nairaland freak, so I don't know if the rules permits sharing of group links. If it does I don't mind sharing it here.

Please kindly comment here if you're interested in joining the group.
Re: 2019 Tony Elumelu Entrepreneurship Programme Was Rigged by OBTMOS(m): 11:39am On Nov 05, 2019
Hmmm
Re: 2019 Tony Elumelu Entrepreneurship Programme Was Rigged by crowther15(m): 11:53am On Feb 03, 2020
cardiorap:
Hello guys, it took me quite some time to find this thread. Thank God I found it.

So I have created a Telegram group with intention to guide interested applicants for TEF 2020.

I'm not a Nairaland freak, so I don't know if the rules permits sharing of group links. If it does I don't mind sharing it here.

Please kindly comment here if you're interested in joining the group.
I de here oooo
Re: 2019 Tony Elumelu Entrepreneurship Programme Was Rigged by Haywhyluv: 2:04pm On Feb 03, 2020
Interested
Re: 2019 Tony Elumelu Entrepreneurship Programme Was Rigged by joobseekar: 2:38pm On Feb 03, 2020
Before nko?! TEF is just a scam. Y'all think Tony Elumelu is using his money to organize and pay beneficiaries? Nah! Y'all being naive.
Tony Elumelu will source for funds from Big and Influential people, Firms, then NGOs like Gates foundation, USAID, Foreign Universities/communities, others... After getting the money, he will then plan on how to distribute the money among lucky Africans that'll benefit, after he must have taken a good sum of money for his pocket and other organizers though.
It's just a civilized "Robin Hood" with the Nigga cashing out as well.
Re: 2019 Tony Elumelu Entrepreneurship Programme Was Rigged by crowther15(m): 8:11am On Feb 19, 2020
joobseekar:
Before nko?! TEF is just a scam. Y'all think Tony Elumelu is using his money to organize and pay beneficiaries? Nah! Y'all being naive.
Tony Elumelu will source for funds from Big and Influential people, Firms, then NGOs like Gates foundation, USAID, Foreign Universities/communities, others... After getting the money, he will then plan on how to distribute the money among lucky Africans that'll benefit, after he must have taken a good sum of money for his pocket and other organizers though.
But is still better than our politicians who think of themselves alone.
Re: 2019 Tony Elumelu Entrepreneurship Programme Was Rigged by Gamelord007: 7:57pm On Feb 19, 2020
joobseekar:

Please Note that The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation or Gates Foundation does not support entrepreneurship but health

(1) (Reply)

Someone Might Need This Job I Saw From A Classmate On Facebook. Try Your Luck / Academic Positions At British Spring College. / Warehouse Supervisor Urgently Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.