Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,661 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:39 PM

What Is Your Experience Hiring/working With Nigerian Developers ? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / What Is Your Experience Hiring/working With Nigerian Developers ? (744 Views)

Re: Reasons Why Most Nigerian Developers/programmers Are Poor / Instagram Account With Nigerian Followers Available / Share Your Experience Switching From HTTP To HTTPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Is Your Experience Hiring/working With Nigerian Developers ? by Codedboy95(m): 10:17am On Mar 23, 2019
Hi, i'm a developer myself and i work in some freelancing websites. occasionally, i find Nigerians posting jobs there and i wonder why they have to sort after "whites" when we have good developers here.

Now that is not even my problem, my problem is that some times i apply to those jobs and have my application rejected (my profile is far better than most freelancers on the website so the case of me not being well qualified for the job is out of it) i think the reason why i don't get most of those job is because of the "Nigerian mentally" that "Nigerians can't do a good job"

Although this is right to some degree because personally i have worked with and given jobs to some developers (some here) and i have had a not too good experience with most, if they don't miss deadline, you have to keep correcting them on the obvious or they don't just do a good job at all. And i think this is the reason why Nigerians have that mentally that Nigerian developers can't do a good job and instead they sort for whites and indians.

But again apart from the fact that we have a lot of unexperienced people (hustlers) who call themselves developers i think Nigerian clients Underpay, how will you want to do a website and pay money that can't even cover for data and you still be expecting a good job ? You pay 15k to have a website built and when you see the result of 15k you will be complaining ? some client will even tell you to continue with the work and you will be paid after the job is completed.
i have no problem if you are paying 10k for bug fixes or a day or two job, but for a job that will take 7 days or more ? 5k haba.

Personally i have stop working with Nigerian clients after i did calculation and found out that the amount i get paid working in a month can't even cover for data and power supply. Funny thing is that on those freelancing website they pay Good but once they come here they start offering peanuts.

I think i might have diversify from the subject matter, so back to the question how has been your experience working with Nigerian Developers, please kindly include the job description and amount you paid for the job so we can categorize what kind of client you are, also developers and "hustlers" can also share their experience smiley

(1) (Reply)

i will build a website or blog for you or your business free of charge. / Afriadverts Review: Best Google Adsense Alternative In Nigeria / Need Cheap Browsing Data? Works On All Devices.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.