Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,610 members, 7,820,169 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:51 AM

Why Are Xaomi Phones Cheap Compare To Other Brands - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why Are Xaomi Phones Cheap Compare To Other Brands (1896 Views)

Study Shows Iphones Are 167 Times More Prone To Hacking Than Other Brands / This Is Why Itel Mobile Is Overtaking Other Brands / Affordable Phones - Cheap (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Xaomi Phones Cheap Compare To Other Brands by Necksonnel: 10:04pm On Mar 24, 2019
Why are xaomi phone cheap compare to other brands like Samsung, iPhone, LG, Huawei. A case example is the xaomi MI 9 and the Samsung Galaxy S10 plus . This 2 phone has almost thesame spec. They both run on the snapdragon 855 chipset. During a battery test they S10 plus with 4100mah beat the xaomi of 3300mah with just 17minutes ahead. During a speed test the xaomi still came first.Fingerprint and Face ID test, xaomi came first.Camera test is just like a draw and so many more like that. (This is after checking out alot of reviews on YouTube). Considering the price xaomi MI 9 is just 450 EURO compare to Samsung Galaxy s10plus of 1050 EURO. Thinking maybe it's the durability and updates. Can someone give some reasonable explanation ?
Re: Why Are Xaomi Phones Cheap Compare To Other Brands by CaseTemplar(m): 10:59pm On Mar 24, 2019
Amusing Answer:

It's Because They Sell Other Items.They Have A Really Wide Range Of Items From Phones To TV's To Even Cutlery And Toys. Oppo And Oneplus On The Other Hand Have Few Marketing Items Hence Why Xiaomi Could Be Cheaper Than Them All. Xiaomi Also Says They make 0% Profit From The Sale Of Their Phones But About 5% From Their Nice Software.

Serious Answer:

Offline And Online Marketing. Here's An Excerpt From My Previous Article.

''Oppo(and other companies) on its own relies on the sales of its offline market. To do this it has to maintain a good relationship with its retailers which involves giving them more money. To avoid running at a loss Oppo has to price it's smart phones higher to make ends.

Xiaomi on the other hand employs an effective online system where it controls the free flow and cost incurred in the offline market.''

Hope It Helped U Can Visit My Blog For More Information On These Topics cool

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Xaomi Phones Cheap Compare To Other Brands by joungblood(m): 11:15pm On Mar 24, 2019
Please I'm looking to buy Pocophone F1 128gb version,, new or used one, if anyone has it then please come sell it to me at good price only o, I don't want to order for it because it takes too fucking long to get here, I want it now now.. Call or whatsapp me on 08125670754... Location is lagos mainland
Re: Why Are Xaomi Phones Cheap Compare To Other Brands by Necksonnel: 11:31pm On Mar 24, 2019
CaseTemplar:
Amusing Answer:

It's Because They Sell Other Items.They Have A Really Wide Range Of Items From Phones To TV's To Even Cutlery And Toys. Oppo And Oneplus On The Other Hand Have Few Marketing Items Hence Why Xiaomi Could Be Cheaper Than Them All. Xiaomi Also Says They make 0% Profit From The Sale Of Their Phones But About 5% From Their Nice Software.

Serious Answer:

''Oppo(and other companies) on its own relies on the sales of its offline market. To do this it has to maintain a good relationship with its retailers which involves giving them more money. To avoid running at a loss Oppo has to price it's smart phones higher to make ends.

Xiaomi on the other hand employs an effective online system where it controls the free flow and cost incurred in the offline market.''

After few research on Google. Alot of people complain about the durability of the phone and discover xaomi don't do Research and Development. They don't take time to build phone. They just buy phone part and assemble them together and sell to the market. No durability for long time use. Updates cause problems to phone due to alot of user complain. Finally concluded there phone is not worth buying.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Xaomi Phones Cheap Compare To Other Brands by Mizik(m): 11:34pm On Mar 24, 2019
CaseTemplar:
Amusing Answer:

[b]Serious Answer:[/b]Also Xiaomi phones comes with ads throughout the software. Also in their thread grin

Also Xiaomi phones comes with ads.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Xaomi Phones Cheap Compare To Other Brands by yusfatedeeprof(m): 8:19am On Mar 25, 2019
Because that is why they are still in business
Re: Why Are Xaomi Phones Cheap Compare To Other Brands by Necksonnel: 8:24am On Mar 25, 2019
yusfatedeeprof:
Because that is why they are still in business

They can't be in business to lose money and I'm sure they don't get there phone parts for free before they assemble it together. The only thing is they don't buy quality phone part for there products just like others brands. No Durability and quality of products.
Re: Why Are Xaomi Phones Cheap Compare To Other Brands by Topmaike007(m): 8:53am On Mar 25, 2019
Necksonnel:

After few research on Google. Alot of people complain about the durability of the phone and discover xaomi don't do Research and Development. They don't take time to build phone. They just buy phone part and assemble them together and sell to the market. No durability for long time use. Updates cause problems to phone due to alot of user complain. Finally concluded there phone is not worth buying.
my Xaiomi redmi is 2 yrs old no itches,so I don't believe your post or you want to tell us they buy fake processor and fake batteries cos I don't understand your Post

14 Likes

Re: Why Are Xaomi Phones Cheap Compare To Other Brands by Psychodavidovic(m): 8:55am On Mar 25, 2019
Necksonnel:

This is just funny.

Xiaomi Phone not durable ? I've been using my Redmi 5 Plus and it's still functions like a new device. No case, No screen protector and everything is still neat.

What do you mean by "they don't take time to build phone" ? And they just buy phone parts and assemble them ? What does Samsung do ? Do they produce all the parts ? Don't they also buy parts and assemble them ?

It's okay to be a Samsung fan boy. Just because a phone is cheap doesn't mean it's trash.

If Samsung S10 is better according to your research then by all means get one. But obviously you probably don't have the $1000+ dollars for it which is why you were even considering Xiaomi Mi 9 to begin with.

You just can't deny the value Mi 9 brings at almost half the price.

14 Likes

Re: Why Are Xaomi Phones Cheap Compare To Other Brands by Necksonnel: 10:18am On Mar 25, 2019
Psychodavidovic:

This is just funny.

Xiaomi Phone not durable ? I've been using my Redmi 5 Plus and it's still functions like a new device. No case, No screen protector and everything is still neat.

What do you mean by "they don't take time to build phone" ? And they just buy phone parts and assemble them ? What does Samsung do ? Do they produce all the parts ? Don't they also buy parts and assemble them ?

It's okay to be a Samsung fan boy. Just because a phone is cheap doesn't mean it's trash.

If Samsung S10 is better according to your research then by all means get one. But obviously you probably don't have the $1000+ dollars for it which is why you were even considering Xiaomi Mi 9 to begin with.

You just can't deny the value Mi 9 brings at almost half the price.

I know you're a xaomi fan boy. I was just checking reviews on YouTube and I come across the phone. I'm not thinking of buying any cuz I still get contract with my phone for the next a year or two before even thinking of changing it. Can you say something reasonable about why they are cheap ? A phone with good specs can't just be that cheap if everything is OK compare to all other brand not just Samsung. Samsung was just the closest I can relate it to.
Re: Why Are Xaomi Phones Cheap Compare To Other Brands by TheRealOwner(m): 11:30am On Mar 25, 2019
Necksonnel:

I know you're a xaomi fan boy. I was just checking reviews on YouTube and I come across the phone. I'm not thinking of buying any cuz I still get contract with my phone for the next a year or two before even thinking of changing it. Can you say something reasonable about why they are cheap ? A phone with good specs can't just be that cheap if everything is OK compare to all other brand not just Samsung. Samsung was just the closest I can relate it to.

Customer satisfaction comes before profit for xiaomo

7 Likes

Re: Why Are Xaomi Phones Cheap Compare To Other Brands by udemzyudex(m): 12:03pm On Mar 25, 2019
Necksonnel:

Funny, where did you get this bullsh1t from?
Which phone is not durable?

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Xaomi Phones Cheap Compare To Other Brands by yusfatedeeprof(m): 12:15pm On Mar 25, 2019
Necksonnel:

They can't be in business to lose money and I'm sure they don't get there phone parts for free before they assemble it together. The only thing is they don't buy quality phone part for there products just like others brands. No Durability and quality of products.

you are wrong, Xiaomi phones are durable and quality

But who would buy Xiaomi if they sell same price with let say Samsung?

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Xaomi Phones Cheap Compare To Other Brands by kasimseun(m): 12:21pm On Mar 25, 2019
Necksonnel:

Have been using my xiaomi redmi4x for 3 years now without any issues.....

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Xaomi Phones Cheap Compare To Other Brands by Necksonnel: 12:21pm On Mar 25, 2019
TheRealOwner:

Customer satisfaction comes before profit for xiaomo

OK. Just that when something is to cheap u gat just dey suspicious
Re: Why Are Xaomi Phones Cheap Compare To Other Brands by stiles009(m): 12:33pm On Mar 25, 2019
Re: Why Are Xaomi Phones Cheap Compare To Other Brands by fibonacci2526: 12:34pm On Mar 25, 2019
Necksonnel:

This is so untrue, xiaomi phones are well built. I agree they do copy other brands(who doesn't though) . Have used different Xiaomi phones and no time have I had any issues with them. As a matter of fact the person I sold my REDMI 3s to in 2016 is still using the phone till date. No single fault. They are cheap because they literally make little profit from their hardware, where they make money is from software and IoT.

5 Likes

Re: Why Are Xaomi Phones Cheap Compare To Other Brands by fibonacci2526: 12:38pm On Mar 25, 2019
Necksonnel:

Xiaomi are the largest IoT platform in the world so they can afford to make small profit selling smartphones.

5 Likes

Re: Why Are Xaomi Phones Cheap Compare To Other Brands by Necksonnel: 12:47pm On Mar 25, 2019
fibonacci2526:

This is so untrue, xiaomi phones are well built. I agree they do copy other brands(who doesn't though) . Have used different Xiaomi phones and no time have I had any issues with them. As a matter of fact the person I sold my REDMI 3s to in 2016 is still using the phone till date. No single fault. They are cheap because they literally make little profit from their hardware, where they make money is from software and IoT.

That means it worth buying and advising people to buy
Re: Why Are Xaomi Phones Cheap Compare To Other Brands by Necksonnel: 12:48pm On Mar 25, 2019
Do xaomi phones now get updates like other devices?
Re: Why Are Xaomi Phones Cheap Compare To Other Brands by fibonacci2526: 12:56pm On Mar 25, 2019
Necksonnel:

That means it worth buying and advising people to buy

100%, am on my 6th Xiaomi phone. Since have known them in 2016,have never gone back.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Xaomi Phones Cheap Compare To Other Brands by fibonacci2526: 12:58pm On Mar 25, 2019
Necksonnel:
Do xaomi phones now get updates like other devices?

They get oo, what's important to xiaomi is MIUI version and not necessarily the OS upgrade. And devices as far back as those launched in 2015 are still getting miui updates.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Xaomi Phones Cheap Compare To Other Brands by abumeinben(m): 1:01pm On Mar 25, 2019
Necksonnel:

Do you use Xiaomi phones?

If no, your research is underfunded.
My Xiaomi redmi 5 plus is still rocking for 15months now.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Xaomi Phones Cheap Compare To Other Brands by Psychodavidovic(m): 1:48pm On Mar 25, 2019
Necksonnel:

This statement is just crazy. It's just like a woman who has known playboys all her life Asking a good guy she finally met why he's being good.

Have you taken your time to Google how much it costs to make one Samsung S10 device to see their profit margin on just one device ? You just need to understand that Samsung, just like Apple are just status symbols, not more - most people that buy it, buy it just to feel among. There are other better deals out there.

And to answer your questions, Yes i am a Xiaomi fanboy but I don't go around telling people Xiaomi is better than other brands, i just say it gives more value when it comes to price to performance than other smartphone brands out there and that would be me stating facts. You're even so surprised at the value that the only way to to stay sane is to believe it was poorly built. I've been there too. grin

7 Likes

Re: Why Are Xaomi Phones Cheap Compare To Other Brands by investigator007: 3:36pm On Mar 25, 2019
yeah they are cheap but they are not the only ones, TECNO mobile is a budget friendly brand too.
Re: Why Are Xaomi Phones Cheap Compare To Other Brands by Horiolah(m): 4:55pm On Mar 25, 2019
investigator007:
yeah they are cheap but they are not the only ones, TECNO mobile is a budget friendly brand too.

you gotta be kidding me.

Re: Why Are Xaomi Phones Cheap Compare To Other Brands by WHITELIGHTER: 5:19pm On Mar 25, 2019
investigator007:

Lemme take my time to laff at this grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Xaomi Phones Cheap Compare To Other Brands by gogeekish(m): 9:05pm On Mar 25, 2019
Been on Xiaomi since 2016. On a more serious note, saying their device is not durable. You are wrong.

I have received alot of Samsung S6 Edge and S7 edge dead on call receiving. Some customers even claim to go to bed with their phone only to wake and noticed their phone is dead for no reason.

But this isn't enough reason for me to start bragging like you guys that Samsung doesn't build durable phones?

Or are you talking about apple? I have received several apple phones that behave funny.

I love music and Xiaomi's music output has caged me to them. I can't simply leave Xiaomi anymore.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Xaomi Phones Cheap Compare To Other Brands by aezenkwu(m): 9:22pm On Mar 25, 2019
If you are not using a xiaomi phone, I don't know why you will like to talk down this company. Most of the other phone companies promised large battery and they don't even last the MAH they promised. I'm enjoying my xiaomi mi max 2 since day one I bought the phone. It never lagged or spoilt.

(1) (Reply)

Who Want To Swap Phone / My Xiaomi Android Phone Is Having This Problem. Any Solution To It? / Yahoo Messenger Download

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.